igi_pl

IgiLoad script - logistical support

As i was working on a similar script, i just tested this and will drop you some feedback.

I was working on a similar script with lesser functions for a specific mission, however since your script is so great i am dropping my effort, and will be promoting yours instead.

so few things i noticed:

1 - We had a JIP user that was not able to see the cargo that was loaded into a HEMMT

2 - While cargo is loaded into a truck that can hold passengers, it might be a good idea to disable the cargo positions, It just looks odd then sitting in the objects. for example for the HEMMT:

kFUNC_lockcargo = {
kARRcrew = crew kOBJneartruck;
if (player in kARRcrew) then {
	if (player != driver kOBJneartruck) then {
		player action ["eject", kOBJneartruck];
	};
};
kOBJneartruck lockCargo [1, true];
       ~
kOBJneartruck lockCargo [16, true];
};

3 - It would be nice to have weight added to the vehicles based on the cargo loaded. I think this can be done with "setmass" But didn't yet experimented.

4 - It would be cool to be able to limit the cargo (or functions) per vehicle type. For example i have 2 cargo-items that are part of a mission, and that can be transported, but should not be able to be airlifted. However it would still be cool to be able to enable your script on the choppers and be able to use the para-drop for infantry or ammoboxes.

KR

Kamaradski

I went through everything and the only IgiLoad I find is yours. The actual error is "Script IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf not found" so it's even looking in the right directory. However I have not had a chance to try this on a dedicated server yet. Only previewing in the MP editor (locally hosted). Maybe that's part of it...

It does work very well though! It's been fun just moving stuff around with the HEMTT. Now if I can only figure out how to get VVS to spawn the appropriate vehicles with your script in their init and I'll be set!

Oktyabr - Read PM.

As i was working on a similar script, i just tested this and will drop you some feedback.

I was working on a similar script with lesser functions for a specific mission, however since your script is so great i am dropping my effort, and will be promoting yours instead.

so few things i noticed:

1 - We had a JIP user that was not able to see the cargo that was loaded into a HEMMT

2 - While cargo is loaded into a truck that can hold passengers, it might be a good idea to disable the cargo positions, It just looks odd then sitting in the objects. for example for the HEMMT:

kFUNC_lockcargo = {
kARRcrew = crew kOBJneartruck;
if (player in kARRcrew) then {
	if (player != driver kOBJneartruck) then {
		player action ["eject", kOBJneartruck];
	};
};
kOBJneartruck lockCargo [1, true];
       ~
kOBJneartruck lockCargo [16, true];
};

3 - It would be nice to have weight added to the vehicles based on the cargo loaded. I think this can be done with "setmass" But didn't yet experimented.

4 - It would be cool to be able to limit the cargo (or functions) per vehicle type. For example i have 2 cargo-items that are part of a mission, and that can be transported, but should not be able to be airlifted. However it would still be cool to be able to enable your script on the choppers and be able to use the para-drop for infantry or ammoboxes.

KR

Kamaradski

kamaradski - I'm sorry that you abandoned your project. Thank you for the advices.

1. kamaradski is right. The problem of load may occur for JIP players and at high desynchronization for all players.

2. I think about it. Considering that the vehicle can be loaded while driving (10 km/h), and the helicopter can be loaded without a touchdown (3m or 3m + 10 km/h) simple "eject" may be dangerous. After development of safe solutions I'll certainly implement it. Another thing is the CH-49 Mohawk, which can load a rubber boat while hovering over the water - I can see faces of all players ejected from the helicopter on the middle of the ocean :D

3. It is possible that in the future will be implemented changing vehicle mass. Currently, there are more important things.

4. You can always change the array of allowed cargoes for the vehicle. After adding more helicopters I'll finish a feature that allows locking in some types the possibility of drop cargo on a parachute. This should increase the flexibility of the script. At the moment I have no plans on enabling or disabling part of the functions in a single vehicle.

Wow!

Almost skipped past this one... Super awesome!! Greatly needed. Logistics very important.

ArmA3 just took a big step forward. Thank You!!! :bounce3:

This script is AMAZING...absolute game changer. Congrats on this release!

Hi all,

when loading the MP editor and loading the map I have the null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"; in the init line for the Mohawk and it is fully functional but when it respawns it goes away. how can I have it be present during each respawn???

What are you using to respawn the vehicle? If you are using the simple vehicle respawn script, you have to include the "null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"" in the call to the respawn script...

This is what I have in the init box of my Mohawk:

null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"; veh = [this, 120, 0, 0, FALSE, FALSE, "null=[this] execVM ""IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"""] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

I'm using the simple respawn script "vehicle.sqf" to handle my vehicle respawns.

I'm not getting a menu with the Mohawk...everything else appears to work great.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Problem solved...saw that its only compatible with the AAF Mohawk classname.

Simple, I didn't add extra information as to how to add mod vehicles that are just simply retextured.

Here's what you do; look for the IL_Supported_Vehicles_X

X meaning the type of vehicle, this should be around line 79-82 under the Supported Vehicles section of the IgiLoad.sqf.

For your situation, assuming you are using the BLU Mohawk addon, you just need to add a simple classname to the array list, e.g. IL_Supported_Vehicles_MOHAWK = ["I_Heli_Transport_02_F"]; works for ONLY the AAF Mohawk. For the BLU Mohawk, just do this: IL_Supported_Vehicles_MOHAWK = ["I_Heli_Transport_02_F","CH49_Mohawk_FG"]; So when you are adding a new classname to the list, be sure that the model of the new vehicle is the same as the vanilla vehicle, and when you add the new classname to the list, just include the following:

,"Mod_Classname"

That's what I did to get my BLU Mohawk addon working for me aswell as the 160th SOAR MH-9 Chopper.

On a side note to Igi_PL sorry if it seems that I am "taking over" your thread, I'm just merely helping others out.

Edited by Tombguy5

What are you using to respawn the vehicle? If you are using the simple vehicle respawn script, you have to include the "null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"" in the call to the respawn script...

This is what I have in the init box of my Mohawk:

null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"; veh = [this, 120, 0, 0, FALSE, FALSE, "null=[this] execVM ""IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"""] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

I'm using the simple respawn script "vehicle.sqf" to handle my vehicle respawns.

I am also using s you have above except with [this, 30, 120, 0, FALSE, FALSE, and still does not reappear after respawn.

Thanks for this, it works great. Small note - vehicles spawned with MCC and the init line added at spawn don't see the load option in the menu. Not a biggy, but thought you'd like to know.

Really impressed with this script. Played around with it a bit, managed to use a C130 and air drop LAV IIIs out of it. Good times, thanks for the script!

IgiLoad should be run with "execVM" if it is another way that you will not see positions in action menu. If you create a script that will work in MP missions and you want this script to run IgiLoad in a vehicle you should use something like this:

[[[_veh],"IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",nil,true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

Replace "_veh" into a variable from your script.

Gunner0352 and Zlin - There is many variations of this script. From what I know, everything got complicated after blocking function processInitCommands. Please move his conversation to the thread associated with the script you are talking about.

TinyPirate - Thank you for the information. I have not used the MCC, but if MCC can initialize other script that use addAction it should not be a problem with IgiLoad.

@Igi_PL

Love the script by the way. Really excellent work.

Thank you for providing this to the community!

Is there a way to have cargo preloaded into a unit at mission start?

ie ambush a convoy to steal cargo and return it to base?

IgiLoad should be run with "execVM" if it is another way that you will not see positions in action menu. If you create a script that will work in MP missions and you want this script to run IgiLoad in a vehicle you should use something like this:

[[[_veh],"IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",nil,true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

Replace "_veh" into a variable from your script.

Gunner0352 and Zlin - There is many variations of this script. From what I know, everything got complicated after blocking function processInitCommands. Please move his conversation to the thread associated with the script you are talking about.

TinyPirate - Thank you for the information. I have not used the MCC, but if MCC can initialize other script that use addAction it should not be a problem with IgiLoad.

sorry for being a noob about this but I have researched the variables for global and local and I can't find what you mean by replacing _veh. it just tells me that there is a 'Local variable in Global space'.....

Wow I really like the cargo actually being visible on/in the vehicle. :)

Reminds me of R3F logistics towing scripts from Arma 2.

Yeah, MCC usually loads init settings just fine for vehicles - not sure what is going on with this.

Also, anyone figured out a way to make this work with, say, Mass's African Conflict vehicles? I would need detailed guidance...

An awesome feature that seems relatively simple to add would be being able to attach a gun to the back of the Mohawk.

Is there a way to have cargo preloaded into a unit at mission start?

ie ambush a convoy to steal cargo and return it to base?

You could use the "attachTo" command in the vehicle init line to attach something to your truck upon mission start. and add a "addaction" to the truck to "detach" the cargo.

then after detaching the cargo (or after the truck respawned) you can use the Igiload script to pick-up the cargo and bring it home :)

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

An awesome feature that seems relatively simple to add would be being able to attach a gun to the back of the Mohawk.

I think the problem would be to keep the gun operational, as attachto makes the object static and uncontrollable if i am not mistaken.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

@Igi_PL: My mate StuffedSheep came up with a pretty good idea while trying to load cargo at night:

Maybe it would be possible to attach a loading-light to the back of the vehicles that one can turn on while positioning the vehicle behind to the cargo ?

Wow, this looks amazing! Can't wait to play around with it, and see where you develop it. Modular bunkers/walls/sandbags that can be loaded, etc.

Good work.

The script is under development, IgiLoad currently has two development branches. The first branch (0.9.X) is made ​​available and published. If I have enough time it will be enriched by new elements, vehicles and loads. The second (0.10.X) is the branch containing major changes in the script. Unfortunately, I have abandon second branch.

I did not expect such interest in the script especially by the model makers. In the new branch (0.11.X) I will try to make it easier to add models, but it will take some time. I am considering the possibility of adding several models to the current branch (0.9.x).

Gole - Cargo parachutes: I have tried to use them, but their size and the immediate opening cause collisions with CH-49 Mohawk. Later I will try to add them, but it may be connected with the change of the height limit for air drops.

Kremator - I have no plans on Addon.

TacoTuesday - I worked on cargo preloaded in the second branch. Work on this will be resumed in the third branch. I have not tested this, but you can try to call the function "IL_Do_Load" (look at this page). Pseudo code:

[_vehicle, IL_Supported_Cargo_List_For_Vehicle] call IL_Do_Load;

Two conditions must be met before: the vehicle must be initialized with IgiLoad and load must be in place where it normally activate the load option. Of course, the vehicle and cargo must be supported by IgiLoad.

TinyPirate - Works for me ;) If you have used the line, which is used to initialize of vehicles it will not work. MCC does not use variable "this". Try this line of code:

null=[[b]_this[/b]] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf";

Tinter - It is not that simple. IgiLoad is a logistics script. If one day I start work on the script for arming then I will deal with this topic.

kamaradski - 1. "attachTo", "addaction" and "detach" it is creating a separate script. My way might be better, if it works ;) 2. It may be as you write. That's why I wrote that it is not so simple. 3. An interesting idea, but in Arma is a lot of objects providing light. This is not a necessity, so I can not promise you that I will add this functionality.

zach72 - IgiLoad is a script. Description of the installation and usage can be found on my website www.igipl.net. bunkers - no, walls - no and sandbags - WIP.

Edited by Igi_PL

Is there any plans for compatibility with Addon vehicles such as (CAF's Chinook, Swedish Armed Forces C-130.) That way we could easily pack our supplies up in new vehicles coming out?

Gole - Cargo parachutes: I have tried to use them, but their size and the immediate opening cause collisions with CH-49 Mohawk. Later I will try to add them, but it may be connected with the change of the height limit for air drops.

I just exchanged the nonsteerable parachute with a cargoparachute and it worked no problem. Seems fine. Also you might want to post here, considering this is not an addon: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?162-ARMA-3-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTING