igi_pl

IgiLoad script - logistical support

Latest version of IgiLoad is now 0.9.10_RC_e (2014.10.16) Fixes related with Arma 3 v1.32

Link to a page where you can download IgiLoad is at the bottom of this post

Description:

The main task for IgiLoad script is to allow delivery of supplies to units away from base. In short, transport boxes with ammunition, weapons, or anything else (what you put in the box) using vehicles.

Main features:

• The script is "installed" only on the server side.
  • Ability to set many parameters of script.
  • Transporting crates with: ammunition, grenades, ammunition for vehicles and much more.
  • ATVs, rubber boats and SDVs can be transported by truck.
  • In addition to trucks you can use CH-49 Mohawk.
  • ATVs can be transported by CH-49 Mohawk.
  • Cargo transported by CH-49 Mohawk can be parachuted.
  • CH-49 Mohawk has a usable ramp.

Overview of functions and using:

Really good introduction has been published on TheSwissMAVERICK channel.

Installation

After downloading extract the content of archive and move the folder IgiLoad to the mission root directory. Make sure that the path does not contain IgiLoad directory in the directory with the same name. The path should look like this <mission directory>\IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf In mission init.sqf file add the line of code:
0 = execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";

If you do not have init.sqf file you can use the file from the archive. Before starting the mission, make sure you do not run IgiLoad script in the fields INITIALIZATION of vehicles or from another script.

Thanks

DaSkunk - It was he who planted the seed in my head with the idea to creat IgiLoad script.
1PARA community - The whole community really supported me and cheered while creating of IgiLoad script. Devote their time to test and diagnose problems.

Sample mission

In download section is available mission that demonstrates the use of IgiLoad with triggers and how to load cargo at the beginning of the mission using a script.

Detailed description and download:

PL: http://www.igipl.net/pl/arma3/skrypt-igiload
EN: http://www.igipl.net/en/arma3/igiload-script

Make Arma Not War:
IgiLoad‬ ‪is in ‎Make Arma Not War‬ contest http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/dFtUgvcplK

Changelog v0.9.10_RC_e:
Entire changelog is in the archive containing IgiLoad.

Fix: "assignedVehicleRole" do not work with "Cargo" - change to "cargo".
Fix: "animate" do not work with CH-49 Mohawk - change to "animatedoor".

Edited by igi_pl
  • Like 3

Amazing! Finally a way to get a sea vehicle from a coast to the other without having to circle it xD Nice features :D

nice

worked on something like that a few month ago (not with that much animation stuff)

and an instant improovement idea for this mod :F

"IL_DevMod"

what about using defines for this instead?

doing that will improove performance as the unneeded dev ifs are not required

such a file could look like this for example:

#define COMMA ,
#define DEBUG 1
#ifndef DEBUG
   #define DEBUG_LOG(DBL_LOGTEXT) systemChat str DBL_LOGTEXT
#else
   #define DEBUG_LOG(X) 
#endif

but enough of those stupid coding questions :F

i will try

thx for providing it

Congrats on the public release Igi, a big step!

Proud to say that -1PARA- has alot of fun with testing but mostly the script got in good use for logistical suports in the field during day and night missions!

edit:

ps,

Great for coop missions specop style, get on the back of an ATV and get droped off in the middle of the night with a parachute on the ATV by mohawk, so you can also send in a recon team ahead on a safe distance without landing the mohawk :)

Keep up the good work :)

Send with Tapatalk.

Edited by -1PARA-Melle

Congrats! This looks awesome and exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Awesomeness detected.

Will there be an addon version for this?

Very nice mod :)

I've been stress testing this with a friend and found a few things that should to be fixed/added/improved.

1) MH9's should carry ammo/weapon crates rather than the supply box (Size realism).

2) I got ammocrates/weapon crates load on working for MH9's but with both types of crates, they damage and maybe even explode the MH-9 if you pitch too far or bank to steep - change can collide or something?.

3) You should get ammo/weapon crates (maybe even Supply boxes) for Ghost hawk to carry around by opening the side doors and load them in.

Comments:

I absolutely love the whole script in general, I like the animations, I like how you can paradrop the cargo with a parachute and smoke (and chemlight at night), love deploying sea-borne vehicles from helicopters :D

Overall, great script! My opinion is get the 3 pointers and then the script itself is PERFECT! Otherwise, still will use and recommend to others!

Edited by Tombguy5
Tested again, had to change somethings

The only thing i think is missing to this is the ability to move crates around by hand takes quite a long time to load a mohawk without being able to move them.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Do any of you guys know if you can load the Zodiac crrc from the water? like a seabourne extraction?

So Beata DÄ…browska might not be the hottest gift from Poland to the world after all? ;)

We, at the 11RDP, will definitely give it a serious try, thanks a lot for the time you guys spent on it.

Edited by Kawa

This looks Brill cant wait to use it with my team.

Edited by Falcos

Do any of you guys know if you can load the Zodiac crrc from the water? like a seabourne extraction?

Yes, it is possible if you are hovering at least 3m from the surface, you can extract the Zodiac crrc from the water WITH the crew still inside!

Source: Me stress testing every possible scenario that I can think of.

Also, this is towards everyone, the BLU Mohawk addon is compatible with this script, you just need to add its classname to the Mohawk array and that's it.

Cheers!

Edited by Tombguy5

Can you provide an option to airdrop cargo without smoke and additionally drop with chem-lights instead for night ops?

10/10

The way I see you asking if you don't want a smoke trail from air drops, just simply go into your IgiLoad.sqf and change this value: IL_Para_Smoke = true; to IL_Para_Smoke = false;

Now you will no longer have smoke trails but there will be chem lights at night.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Hi all,

when loading the MP editor and loading the map I have the null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"; in the init line for the Mohawk and it is fully functional but when it respawns it goes away. how can I have it be present during each respawn???

The script works *fine* on my mission but I get an error that I only see when I quit that complains about not being able to find "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"????

I just see the script on Armaholic and it's really great, I 've always dream to have a script like that and it would be usefull and fun on warfare mission ! Thanks

Very nice! I am with a mil sim unit and this will solve our SF mission problems :P I have one problem though, When a vehicle respawns, the addaction to load anything is gone.. is there a simple way to reinitialize the vehicles with the addactions?

Thank you for all the answers. I am very surprised with so many positive opinions :)

nice

worked on something like that a few month ago (not with that much animation stuff)

and an instant improovement idea for this mod :F

"IL_DevMod"

what about using defines for this instead?

doing that will improove performance as the unneeded dev ifs are not required

such a file could look like this for example:

#define COMMA ,
#define DEBUG 1
#ifndef DEBUG
   #define DEBUG_LOG(DBL_LOGTEXT) systemChat str DBL_LOGTEXT
#else
   #define DEBUG_LOG(X) 
#endif

but enough of those stupid coding questions :F

i will try

thx for providing it

X39 - Thank you for the hint. I'm learning all the time and IgiLoad is my first script to Arma 3.

Very nice mod :)

I've been stress testing this with a friend and found a few things that should to be fixed/added/improved.

1) MH9's should carry ammo/weapon crates rather than the supply box (Size realism).

2) I got ammocrates/weapon crates load on working for MH9's but with both types of crates, they damage and maybe even explode the MH-9 if you pitch too far or bank to steep - change can collide or something?.

3) You should get ammo/weapon crates (maybe even Supply boxes) for Ghost hawk to carry around by opening the side doors and load them in.

Comments:

I absolutely love the whole script in general, I like the animations, I like how you can paradrop the cargo with a parachute and smoke (and chemlight at night), love deploying sea-borne vehicles from helicopters :D

Overall, great script! My opinion is get the 3 pointers and then the script itself is PERFECT! Otherwise, still will use and recommend to others!

Tombguy5 - Thank you for your comments in this thread and helping other users.

I refer now to your suggestions:

1) and 2) It is exactly as you described. In the description of the script, on my website, I informed that there are some things I want to do, but I can not. Unfortunately, I have not found workarounds for the problem, which is reported: Certain objects attached to helicopters cause damage to helicopters.

3) I will add more vehicles and loads to the script. I'll check your hint, when I'll be adding Ghosthawk.

The only thing i think is missing to this is the ability to move crates around by hand takes quite a long time to load a mohawk without being able to move them.

X hunter33 - I did not add the ability to manually moving of boxes, but I have this in mind. To load a CH-49 Mohawk you do not have to land. You can load cargo directly from another vehicle - I call this "stealing", in robbed vehicle it is necessary to use several times the "Unload" option (I'm working on another solution).

Yes, it is possible if you are hovering at least 3m from the surface, you can extract the Zodiac crrc from the water WITH the crew still inside!

Source: Me stress testing every possible scenario that I can think of.

Also, this is towards everyone, the BLU Mohawk addon is compatible with this script, you just need to add its classname to the Mohawk array and that's it.

Cheers!

JDBaughman - Tombguy5 is right. I have not introduced this, but it is possible without modifying the script.

Tombguy5 - Information about BLU Mohawk addon will be useful for other users.

Can you provide an option to airdrop cargo without smoke and additionally drop with chem-lights instead for night ops?

10/10

The way I see you asking if you don't want a smoke trail from air drops, just simply go into your IgiLoad.sqf and change this value: IL_Para_Smoke = true; to IL_Para_Smoke = false;

Now you will no longer have smoke trails but there will be chem lights at night.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Spec_Ops_Sniper - Tombguy5 is right. You can disable adding smoke to airdrop cargo. You can also change its colors. In this article IgiLoad customize settings you will find more information about the possibility of adapting the script to the needs of the mission

The script works *fine* on my mission but I get an error that I only see when I quit that complains about not being able to find "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"????

Oktyabr - I understand that message appears when exiting the mission. We did not detect this problem during using of IgiLoad script on -1PARA- servers. Check if IgiLoad.sqf is not called by another script that is run at the end of the mission. I have no other ideas.

Hi all,

when loading the MP editor and loading the map I have the null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"; in the init line for the Mohawk and it is fully functional but when it respawns it goes away. how can I have it be present during each respawn???

Very nice! I am with a mil sim unit and this will solve our SF mission problems :P I have one problem though, When a vehicle respawns, the addaction to load anything is gone.. is there a simple way to reinitialize the vehicles with the addactions?

Gunner0352 and OV3RJ0RD - Unfortunately, most respawn scripts removes damaged or abandoned vehicle from the game and creates a new one. The problem lies on the side of respawn scripts that you are using and consists of the transfer of initialization commands from the old to the new vehicle.

I'm not getting a menu with the Mohawk...everything else appears to work great.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Problem solved...saw that its only compatible with the AAF Mohawk classname.

Edited by XMDM

Oktyabr - I understand that message appears when exiting the mission. We did not detect this problem during using of IgiLoad script on -1PARA- servers. Check if IgiLoad.sqf is not called by another script that is run at the end of the mission. I have no other ideas.

I went through everything and the only IgiLoad I find is yours. The actual error is "Script IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf not found" so it's even looking in the right directory. However I have not had a chance to try this on a dedicated server yet. Only previewing in the MP editor (locally hosted). Maybe that's part of it...

It does work very well though! It's been fun just moving stuff around with the HEMTT. Now if I can only figure out how to get VVS to spawn the appropriate vehicles with your script in their init and I'll be set!