Sign in to follow this  
LimpingWhale

Needed: Scripter for new Game-Type

Hello, my name is Jake. I'm 17 years of age and I'm looking for someone that is talented enough to bring my Altis-Life style map to life! I've done all of the work as far as layout, basic scripts, building structures and all-around design of the game mode. But I'm looking for someone who can make it a fully functional Altis-Life Game Mode.

• These are some of the requirements.
  • Create a fully functional Money\Banking system
  • Create delivery missions and others like it
  • Be able to work on the map atleast 3 times a week
  • 16+ years of age
  • Make things from scratch (not stealing from TAW or anyone else)
  • Familiar with English (oral & written)

I'm looking for one or more people to help with this. I'm also looking for people to help with TS3 servers, WebDesign\building and more.

If you're interested you can send me your application on Steam or BiStuido private messaging system.

Contact Information:

Steam: LimpingWhale

E-mail: N\A

BiStuido: LimpingWhale

You can just download and open Altis Life. (if you want an Altis Life ;))

But for me, I'm just focusing on scripting survival gamemodes. (like bobtom)

I thought about that. But I'm not very interested in using someone else's map, script, etc. I want a completely unique type of game play I wanna bring something NEW to ArmA. Even though you're saying you want to focus on scripting survival game modes, I would love to have you on the team. So long as you have the right requirements. Like I said in the original post, I'm not just looking for one person. Looking for multiple people, for multiple projects. If you're interested, or have any questions, please contact me on steam or Via PM on BiStudios.com. My contact information can be found at the bottom of the original post.

Okay, Here is my answers for the requirements: :)

=========================================================================

- I have never created a money and banking system. (because it is already done by a scripter)

- Not sure by what you mean by delivery missions. (but I'll take that as a relation to the money script)

- I can work on missions at least 3 weeks. (but sometimes I just do more ;))

- Yeah, I'm not 16 (I'm 15, but I've had 1 year of scripting experience)

- So far, I've created the Camping script.

- I speak English, so yes, I'm familiar with it.

========================================================

Here is a link to my mission:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172105-Dynamic-Survival-Sandbox-V1-0

Regards,

Ranwer

By the way: how come you have to be 16 and over? (I respect the age requirement, but why not 15 and over?):confused:

Well i have done custome banking with money withdraw, deposit, transfer, dropping money when u die, vehicle shops, patrol points, taxi, harviating, fishing all that good stuff..and i am 16 and speak english (from ny)

Heres the thing no one really wants to actually make a custom Altis Life when it has already been done

I have a new and unique game mode that's exactly the same as another existing game mode with the same name

I have a new and unique game mode that's exactly the same as another existing game mode with the same name

Funny how that works.

Which is also new and unique and based upon another new and unique game mode from a game in a not so distant version far, far away.

You can just download and open Altis Life. (if you want an Altis Life ;))

But for me, I'm just focusing on scripting survival gamemodes. (like bobtom)

What about me? :)

Saying he likes to make survival game modes :P and good work on the dynamic zombie sandbox :P

What about me? :)

We could work together. :cool:

(I also don't mind sharing my camp script for your awesome DZS :D)

Dont bumpity bump your own threads, if someone has interest they will, Its just people dont want to re-invent the wheel (metaphorically speaking) If you had a COMPLETE new game mode, not just a custom altis life, people would be interested.

The name may be the same, but it's not just an Altis Life.

You can't use Altis Life as the game name, unless you have the rights from Tonic, just a obs obs.

You can't use Altis Life as the game name, unless you have the rights from Tonic, just a obs obs.

I don't think the name is copyrighted, so he can technically, although it'd be a very underhanded to do so and would probably get scorned by the community for it. (bit like I&A before its name got changed to it was called domination if I recall correctly).

Also, maybe you start somewhere simpler if you don't have that much experience and try build up until your able to write this yourself, there's plenty of guides out there to help you out and of course the forums here.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Anyone can try and use 'Altis Life' as it can't actually be copyrighted nor can any 'mission name' in the Real Virtually engine (A1,A2,A3) as BIS is the sole owner over it and we have to follow their terms of usage. As far as code though however it is stated that my code is not to be used outside of my framework nor to be used in a 'rebranded variant' without my expressed permission and code that you solely write for yourself is protected under Intellectual Property given it's within the law etc etc. Code in the RVEngine is loosely protected under the IP Act (Note loosely).

But as I said anyone can use the name Altis Life but it will be frowned upon and possibly scorned as Dan said by the rest of the community by doing it. When it comes to mission names it's really a trust-based system of your fellow community member and ARMA player base. Not everyone respects authors wishes but again that is where you are to have faith in your fellow community members to stand by you and point out when someone else is doing wrong. I do enjoy friendly competition so long as that competition isn't taking my code and in some situations using my methods to be competition.

Most of what I said about 'copyrighting of mission names' and Intellectual property rights is loosely based information obtained from throughout the community, no real confirmation on what we own and what we can do has been stated by BIS officially however and until then some of it is to be assumed as true.