Sign in to follow this  
Maj D. Schultz

[A3] Koplic Insurgency

Here is a release of an Insurgency style map on Koplic. I made this in a way and style after other Insurgency map's available. I originally made this mission for the use by the 15th MEU(SOC) (www.15thmeu.net) realism unit of which I am a member of. I have adjusted this mission PBO to be as vanilla friendly as possible. I spent 2 months working and gathering input and suggestions and created this using the best of my ability and also the scripts and idea's of others.

I hope the rest of the community will enjoy the map as much as members in my unit do.

Koplic Insurgency

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz7blunoht8qex2/Koplic_Insur.Koplic.pbo

Koplic Insurgency Night

https://www.dropbox.com/s/meu0pcv46ale5ly/Koplic_InsurNight.Koplic.pbo

Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24671

ALL WORK IS CREDITED TO THE ORIGINAL MAP AND SCRIPT MAKER'S

Thanks to F.S.F Makhno for making Koplic, all 15th MEU(SOC) members for help and suggestions, EOS by Bangabob, BTC for Logistic and Revive scripts, X-Reload by =7Cav=CW2.Iher.I, Day Weather Script - by Moerderhoschi and Tophe for his Simple Vehicle Respawn Script"]];

I claim nothing other then using the tools provided. You do NOT need my permission to edit and use the mission PBO. But please, give credit where credit is due. I've spent alot of time crafting this.

MODS REQUIRED

CBA - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

Task Force Radio - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23615

Koplic - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21990

The following on the map is subject to change. The base and runways are also kitted out for nighttime operations. Lamp's and lights have been placed in towns to provide ambiance on the map.

1) Load-out scripts - Box's in front of spawn provide scroll-wheel load-out's for just about everybody in the GCE. Those supply box's also have loads of gear in the inventory that you can take out.

While I do have a clean-up script in place, an empty box has also been placed next to the load-out's to place unwanted items into it.

There is also a Uniform box to change clothing.

NOTE: As of right now, NO ONE (player or AI) spawns or is able to get the titan missile launchers. RPG-42 is useable for AT assets.

2) ~250(or more) insurgency squares to kill stuff in. MAX Spawn height of these is set to 125m (So aircraft can fly safely around without spamming the server),

spawn distance is set to 400m. When you leave the 400m area, the AI despawn to save the server load.

All of the AI that spawn, be it the infantry, light vehicle, heavy armor or the occasional attack helicopter are randomized. It could spawn an APC, or it could spawn a MBT in area's marked for it. Which Adds re-playability.

"Light Red" Squares mean that it has AI set to activate upon approach. "Dark Red" squares mean that the AI in that square have been ACTIVATED

DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER is set to 1.5 for the enemy.

3) Located within the marked insurgency squares are 9 ammo caches with 4 different spawn locations.

While I have tested to make sure the box's do not explode upon launching the map, there could always be an issue. Let me know if any of the box's explode upon map restart.

4) BTC Logistics script - Allows Helicopters to lift vehicles AND to deploy fast ropes. Also you are able to load ammo box's into any vehicle for transportation if troops need a re-supply.

Just grab one of the empty ammo box's, fill to heart's content, and then load onto the vehicle. The Helicopter pilot is the one who controls the lifting/detaching of vehicles. And also for deploying, and cutting the fast rope.

For ease of lifting, there is a camera and HUD you can activate.

6) There are vehicle rearm/repair pads located and marked on the base.

7) Vehicles to be utilized by BLUEFOR - 5 minute respawn timer - 10 minute desert timer.

Ground Vehicles

x4 Quadbikes

x2 Repair HEMTT

x2 Ammo HEMTT

x1 Refuel HEMTT

x2 Transport HEMTT

x2 Unarmed Hunters

x2 HMG Hunters

x2 Wheeled APC Madrid

x2 Wheeled APC Marshals

x2 MBT Kuma (Titan)

x1 M4 Scorcher (Battlestar)

Air Vehicles

x2 Hellcat ( Cannot lift Tanks, can lift up too APC's)

x1 Mohawk (Only thing capable of lifting tanks)

x1 Blackfoot

x1 Buzzard

KNOWN ISSUE'S - You cannot SEE the rope's attached to the vehicles from the choppers, nor can you see the rope when it's deployed for fast roping. I'm sure there is a way to make a rope appear, but I don't know how to do so. It all works, it's been tested.

Due to my lack of scripting knowledge, I have no idea how to make enemy's drop briefcases to pick up intel on cache locations. If anyone knows how to do that, I'll be sure to add it in if its a request.

Also there is a 3x2 pixel area blacked out on the upper left hand side of the screen. This is an issue with the Map and using CBA. As far as I know there is NO fix for it. After awhile you forget it's there.

If anyone comes across any issues, has any complaints, etc. Let me know.

Enjoy.

Edit: I'm sure as you saw in the video, I did have a weather parameter in place. Hopefully I'll be able to add that back in, but during general testing it was determined that it could of been causing possible De-Snycing issues, and thus removed at this time until further testing can be done. To make up for it, the map now come's in a Day and Night Version.

Also I had to remove the pre-scripted load out's on the units. As Join In Progress was completely fucking that up. Good thing you've got the loadout scripts to use.

Also, huge thank you to Armaholic for posting this up on the front page.

Edited by Karneck

Well done! Mission from 15th MEU will be always well recived in my clan as well. I have like one or two question: Did you made Insurgency for map from A3MP? and Can I edit your mission, I mean I wont edit scripts just vehicles and enemies?

Looks great will check it out thanks

edit: there's a 1.2mb .docx file in EOS folder you could probably remove ;)

Edited by SavageCDN

Did you made Insurgency for map from A3MP? and Can I edit your mission, I mean I wont edit scripts just vehicles and enemies?

No, it is not a A3MP. The map pack is maps from ARMA 2. Koplic is a map made specifically for ARMA 3.

And of course you can edit it. I already gave my permission. Just please give credit to original work. Thank you. :)

@Karneck well I didnt ask if it is made on A3MP.

I meant Did you made Insurgency on A2 maps aswell?

Thanks for permission will find you a place in credit list for sure :D

@Karneck well I didnt ask if it is made on A3MP.

I meant Did you made Insurgency on A2 maps aswell?

Thanks for permission will find you a place in credit list for sure :D

Oh my mistake, I've never touched an ARMA Editor until ARMA 3. So no, I did not make any insurgency's for ARMA 2.

I hope everyone has been enjoying the mission.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet as my gaming PC decided to wet the bed... can never have too many good insurgency flavours though!!

Thank you! I do plan to do an update on this with the new lifter mod that came out. Also some various other small changes. Since it's not high on the list right now, don't expect to see it until later. Maybe in a month or so, I'm in the process of starting my own business and things are alittle hectic right now. :)