Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

LOL :P

It's a commune !

As well as the 3 camps in the picture, there was another one just out of sight. I think a fire team got mixed in with them as well. I thought I'd cleared two camps with one surrendered. I got a shock when I came round the corner and saw 5 faces looking at me. They then turned me into a piece of Swiss cheese. Before I reached that point, I had just cleared out Mike 26. How can you go to Stratis without going there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrXROK7GrZE

porting the mission to another map can create some situations.
as I wrote before, on Borhnolm map I have a "spawn point" where I can find sometimes 3 to 5 "abandoned vehicles"  side by side (when one don't explode on the others and make all burn )

to Rydigier.

I'm working to convert the 1.94 beta1 SP to... MP (I know you don't like MP very much, but for me, for now, it is a very fun moment to share with my 12 years son who loved your mission and playing side by side with a son is something every Dad must experience.) and the modifications made on the 1.94 since the 1.86C are worth the hardwork (when you don't know about scripting )

there is a lot of work to convert a SP to MP.
as I told you, I'm not a scripter but I love challenges and I'm working to learn.

the thing is I understood all the "calls"  like  if (isServer) then or publicVariable or the  call BIS_fnc_MP;
I spend hours to read, compare, try to figure out what is doing what, each line purpose....

well.

when I launched the mission, firstly it didn"t started.
I came back on each files and folders, I found some typing error I did

now the mission is starting but....
Alex and his buddy are on the spawn point setted on the map when I made the mission.sqm, there is no "random" function on (guys are with full original gear, never come to a random spawn point....)

I understand something is wrong in the loading of the setting of the mission.
I'm spending time again and again but  I can't figure out where I'm wrong.

I read you are far from Arma III for long but any clue for help will be appreciated.
I guess all is about the JRInit or in the Mainloop (but it seems all starting parameters are setted into the JRInit )

I will try to figure out by myself...
if you or anyone here  with better script knowledge are agree to take a look to the files...
just let me know

1.86MP ported to Bornholm works (even with some issues , but there are the sames issues on Altis)

1.94Beta1 SP ported on Bornholm works too (some minor "issues" like Ambiant combat setted on High and spending a few hours across the island without any fight.....)

thanks in advance

Well, I can only admire your determination - beeing not a scripter, yet figuring out/doing all the job. That's BTW the good way to become a scripter. BTW hard work is involved no matter, how good you are in scripts, just less of it. :)

As for the problem, you described, reasons may be various, as this is MP, I easily may not be awared about some possible sources of such troubles. Yes, in this case for some reason initial code either doesn't run, stucks or makes no difference due to some MP oddity. Part of the process is tedious debugging, which often means running the code till the first problem, then trying to find the reason etc. It's same for me, just experience helps sometimes to find the cause faster. Without solid, personal insight I can't even effectively guess, which is the case and why it is happening though. My wild guesses would only mislead you. I can tell you, how I would try to debug such issue:

1. Flag in the involved part of the code with additional lines looking like :

diag_log "dbg 1";

...(portion of the code)

diag_log "dbg 2";

...(another portion)

etc. every x code lines, just be carefull - do not break syntax with them by pasting such code, where it's illegal. 

2. Run the mission till the problem occurence. 

3. Go to the RPT file (either usual, SP RPT or server RPT if there logs should appear, and in this case probably should be there, if init code is run server side only), open it in notepad or something alike.

4. Use available in notepad "find" function to locate each entry including "dbg" string (whole log may be too long for manual search). 

5. Check, what is the last number. 

This may give you a clue, which part of the code was reached before bug (to narrow down troublemaking part of the code - it usually will be between the last number present in RPT and the first lacking). 

You can repeat that procedure for narrowed part of the script with higher "resolution" until you spot the very line causing an error. 

If no "dbg" numbers in RPT - problem occurs before the first one, or for example whole code wasn't executed. If all numbers are there - problem lies after the last one. 

If bug is caused by scripting error, additionally you should find in the RPT log indicating the error nature somewhere after last dbg number. Such error log by itself often is enough to track down the bug's source. It contains a quotation of broken code line, using which you may locate, where it happened. 

That's how I'm hunting down bugs in my scripts, if it's origin isn't obvious to me. Most of the times it helps, excluding rare syntax errors involving misplaced {} brackets and few other odd cases. 

wooooooooooooowwwwwww

thanks for the fast reply.

1/ I use Notepad++ . it is helpfull but i'm not aware of all the possibilities of this software (always "guessing things" - maybe I should take time to find and read some tutorials )

2/ this is how I worked: I have opened each file, one from the original 1.86MP, the other from the 1.94Beta SP. I compared lines,tried to be carefull of syntax errors

(I made a few but found what and where, I just dont understand yet if it is important sometimes to let a "blank line" between two scripted lines and why, where.)

then I have copied and past some  lines or part of lines, I noticed a few difference like case (isNil {_x}) : {_initAllEnemy set [_foreachIndex,"Del"]};         case (isNil {_x}) : {_initAllEnemy set [_foreachIndex,0]};   between 1.86 and 1.94 ... ect.

the matter is , some portions of codes are not in the same place in Mainloop for example, in the 1.86 and 1.94. I guess this is important ( chronology of what starts before what ?!? )

3/ the mission starts well, unless there is nothing random, characters just spawn where they are in the mission.sqm and nothing else happens

I didn't even thought I might have something in the RPT......

so I'll might try the method you give to me....... but I'm not sure I got enough skill to do this ( but trying is learning ;) )

maybe I can  change my way to try to convert the mission.

instead of taking 1.94 files and adding/modifying them with 1.86 parts of codes to figure it out like a MP mission...

I might take the original 1.86MP files and add parts of codes to add the 1.94 functionalities (like selling from a killed guy, having teams dropped by helos on the battlefields, ect ect......)

I guess the task is not easy  as I mean it to be ;) :P....

it is my son's birthday today (is name is Alex too ) and I was thinking to offer to him an updated MP mission... maybe later ;).

All the best for your son, Alex then. :)

if it is important sometimes to let a "blank line" between two scripted lines and why, where.

Usually doesn't matter. It depends, how it's easier to read the code for you. I have pretty "loose" way of writing code, usual is a bit more dense, but for me it looks messy then, so I have own way.  

RPT logs are the corner stone of debugging. I would be nearly helpless without it. 

Well, good luck. 

thank you for Alex....

I'm just back from work, I went to see my latest RPT files when I tried this morning before going to work

here is what it says:

11:28:52 "[iNF] [iNIT] Waiting for <player> variable... | player: RYD_JR_Alex | MOCAP_player: RYD_JR_Alex"
11:28:53 Error in expression <rray select 4;

switch (_ix) do
{
ccase (100) : {RYD_JR_CPDensityM = 1;_txt = fo>
11:28:53   Error position: <(100) : {RYD_JR_CPDensityM = 1;_txt = fo>
11:28:53   Error Missing ;
11:28:53 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\init.sqf, line 455
11:28:53 Error in expression <rray select 4;

switch (_ix) do
{
ccase (100) : {RYD_JR_CPDensityM = 1;_txt = fo>
11:28:53   Error position: <(100) : {RYD_JR_CPDensityM = 1;_txt = fo>
11:28:53   Error Missing ;
11:28:53 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\init.sqf, line 455
11:28:57 "[iNF] [iNIT] <player> variable search finished | player: RYD_JR_Alex | MOCAP_player: RYD_JR_Alex | _errorCode: 0"
11:28:57 "[iNF] [iNIT] <player> variable is valid"
11:28:57 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
11:28:57 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
11:29:27 EPE manager release (0|10|0)
11:29:30 SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!
11:29:30 Deinitialized shape [Class: "B_UAV_AI"; Shape: "a3\characters_f\common\invisibleman.p3d";]
11:29:30 Deinitialized shape [Class: "B_G_Soldier_exp_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f_gamma\guerrilla\ig_guerrilla2_1.p3d";]
11:29:30 Deinitialized shape [Class: "B_G_Soldier_AR_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f_gamma\guerrilla\ig_guerrilla2_1.p3d";]
11:29:30 Deinitialized shape [Class: "B_G_medic_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f_gamma\guerrilla\ig_guerrilla2_1.p3d";]
11:29:30 Deinitialized shape [Class: "C_man_hunter_1_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f\civil\c_hunter_f.p3d";]

it seems I have a wrong line of code in the Init.sqf...

I'll go to check it...

:unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

I just started a new test after fixing the error in line ( "ccase" insteat of "case" typing )

now I have a huge list of errors in RPT

23:24:17 "[iNF] [iNIT] Waiting for <player> variable... | player: RYD_JR_Alex | MOCAP_player: RYD_JR_Alex"

23:24:17 Error in expression <hicle RYD_JR_Player)) < 6))"];

foreach (RYD_JR_Recruitable + [RYD_JR_Player]);
>
23:24:17   Error position: <(RYD_JR_Recruitable + [RYD_JR_Player]);
>
23:24:17   Error Missing ;
23:24:17 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 2512
23:24:17 Error in expression <hicle RYD_JR_Player)) < 6))"];

foreach (RYD_JR_Recruitable + [RYD_JR_Player]);
>
23:24:17   Error position: <(RYD_JR_Recruitable + [RYD_JR_Player]);
>
23:24:17 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 2512
23:24:17 Error in expression <","reloadSpeed","commanding"];

foreach ["general","aimingAccuracy","aimingShake>
23:24:17   Error position: <["general","aimingAccuracy","aimingShake>
23:24:17 Error in expression <","reloadSpeed","commanding"];

foreach ["general","aimingAccuracy","aimingShake>
23:24:17   Error position: <["general","aimingAccuracy","aimingShake>
23:24:18 Error in expression <lect 0),_dst,_dst + _foreachIndex] call RYD_JR_RandomAroundMM)],"RYD_JR_MP_SetPo>
23:24:18   Error position: <RYD_JR_RandomAroundMM)],"RYD_JR_MP_SetPo>
23:24:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_randomaroundmm
23:24:18 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 366
23:24:18 Error in expression <lect 0),_dst,_dst + _foreachIndex] call RYD_JR_RandomAroundMM)],"RYD_JR_MP_SetPo>
23:24:18   Error position: <RYD_JR_RandomAroundMM)],"RYD_JR_MP_SetPo>
23:24:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_randomaroundmm
23:24:18 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 366
23:24:18 Error in expression <rue",""],true,100,1000,5,3,2,true] call RYD_JR_SADPatrol;

if (RYD_JR_Debug) t>
23:24:18   Error position: <RYD_JR_SADPatrol;

if (RYD_JR_Debug) t>
23:24:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_sadpatrol
23:24:18 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1580
23:24:18 Error in expression <(isText _dlc) and {((toLower _class) in _dlcRestricted) and {not ((304400 in (ge>
23:24:18   Error position: <_dlcRestricted) and {not ((304400 in (ge>
23:24:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dlcrestricted
23:24:18 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1687
23:24:18 Error in expression <(isText _dlc) and {((toLower _class) in _dlcRestricted) and {not ((304400 in (ge>

and again....

23:24:30 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1905

23:24:30 Error in expression <all RYD_JR_AngTowards
}
};

_veh setDir _dir;

clearItemCargo _veh;
clearWeaponC>
23:24:30   Error position: <_dir;

clearItemCargo _veh;
clearWeaponC>
23:24:30   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir
23:24:30 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 1909
23:24:31 Error in expression <= [_pos0,30 + _ct,100 + (_ct * 2)] call RYD_JR_RandomAroundMM;
_pos set [2,0];
_>
23:24:31   Error position: <RYD_JR_RandomAroundMM;
_pos set [2,0];
_>
23:24:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_randomaroundmm
23:24:31 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 2379
23:24:31 Error in expression <os0 = _fe
};

_ct = 0;

while {(((count _fe) < 1) or ((count (_pos nearRoads 60)>
23:24:31   Error position: <_fe) < 1) or ((count (_pos nearRoads 60)>
23:24:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _fe
23:24:31 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 2375
23:24:31 Error in expression <_pos set [2,0];
};
};

if not (((count (_pos nearRoads 60)) > 0) or ((count _fe)>
23:24:31   Error position: <_pos nearRoads 60)) > 0) or ((count _fe)>
23:24:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
23:24:31 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 2390
23:24:31 Error in expression <= [_pos0,30 + _ct,100 + (_ct * 2)] call RYD_JR_RandomAroundMM;
_pos set [2,0];
_>
23:24:31   Error position: <RYD_JR_RandomAroundMM;
_pos set [2,0];
_>
23:24:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_randomaroundmm
23:24:31 File C:\Users\Davd\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\Pilgrimage194MP.Bornholm\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 2379
23:24:31 Error in expression <os0 = _fe
};

_ct = 0;

while {(((count _fe) < 1) or ((count (_pos nearRoads 60)>
23:24:31   Error position: <_fe) < 1) or ((count (_pos nearRoads 60)>

Yep. Typical. Looks like some syntax errors are still lurking around. Funny thing, even single missed semicolon or comma may produce endless list of error logs - domino effect. The worst are misplaced brackets though - in some cases such errors leave no trace in RPT, yet nothing is working. Another funny thing: I can't recall any my script bigger than tiny, that was flawless at first run. What you have here happens all the time with each bigger new code or after each major change at first. At least to me. So - debugging time. For example this:

Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_randomaroundmm

Means, a global variable of such name is not recognized by the script. And under this variable should be defined a function searching for a random position. All the functions are defined in the JR_fnc.sqf. If it's not defined, that means either syntax error in the JR_fnc.sqf or, my guess, such error in the file, where JR_fnc is executed (JRInit.sqf, so, due to this error whole file isn't executed, thus no function is defined, so each time code tries to use some function, you get an error).

Perhaps best focus on fixing one reported error at a time, sometimes all of them has common source. Note, if you see something like:

Error Missing ;

That may mean indeed exactly missing ; there or a bit earlier, but often error is of different kind, and only engine interprets the problem this way. 

yep it seems I'm not so clever to "guess" things :P

I found one line with missing  }; , it wasn't well placed.... so it was disturbing the "vertical" order of commands

there are many things to check, almost in JRinit I guess...
then of course once I fixed the first error, mission freeze on the loading screen....

checking, digging.....fun to come ;)

I will but not now

-1/ because Rydigier is "the man" and I will only post the files when he will tell me he is agree (for now I'm just a drop of water and he is something like the ocean if you see what I mean)

-2/ for the 1.94 SP @BORNHOLM I have some little things to test further (less ambient combat than expected for the same settings than on Altis, certainly  due to the map files architecture)  and a few things to change, like the pitch of the sotry as Bornholm have less than 10 churches and chapels....

-3/ about the 1.86COOP turned into 1.94 COOP:

my first attempt is a mess , not I mean  I' gonna hog it all, but something like that as my scripting experience  is just about some gauges modifications on Microsoft Flight Sim or for some minors mods on Arma.....but having booth files side by side on Notepad++, copying and pasting lines is not "the art of scripting".... but some how, it helps to learn.

I wanted to go too fast and did lot of errors. (too much )

I deleted all files and take the job again from the very begining but in an another way.

taking original 1.94 SP files and trying to add the MP functions from the 1.86 is a mess and a mistake.

my purpose is to have 1.94 functions ( radio chat, dropping of units by helos , ect. ) in MP, that 1.86COOP doesn't offer.

so now I'm starting from the 1.86 files ( with Bornholm mods as it works with minors issues )  and I'm trying to add the lines for the upgrades to the 1.94 functions.(Civilians conversations and support, radio frequencies chat.....)

it is still not working but this time errors begin after the loading screen 1.0 (almost at the begining of the game) and I took time to read almost all files line by lines.... (my first attempt failed on loadingscreen 0.2....)

some files are common, 1.86 differences are only about the MP call functions.
some files are quite differents, but not that much and my errors are mostly about  syntax errors ( changing/addapting some commands that were updated after 1.86 and trying to rewrite some lines.... but I need knowledge and some time to learn about the language of the script)

some files are deeply modified between 1.86COOP and 1.94SP and they are the spin of the  mission functions ( Mainloop and JRinit )

and some BIS commands seem to have change too ( or there are specific commands for MP and for SP missions for the same function -> need to learn about that too )

but any help will be highly appreciated, so if someone with scripting skills want to read/fix  the files, just send me a private message or better on my email rsoftokz(at)hotmail(dot)com
I will anwser asap.

(be aware  I leave in France and  my actual work hours  are 12.00- 21.30 when it is  not 14.00-23.30 like today)

my goal is only to have an up to date Coop/MP mission for Altis/Bornholm to have fun with my son........and an up to date working 1.94SP  for Bornholm (job is 95% done for this, I just need to fix a few issues about saving game when Alex is checking a place where the body might be and ambient combat, some starting places where the boat spawn on land ) that I can share with people once it works and RYDIGIER  is agree

( I guess he would need to see the files first and test my work, PILGRIMAGE is his property not mine )

I have added a "push boat" script to help when the boat is beached, that works for now, and I'm testing "INCOGNITO + MOCAP " mods on the mission with insane difficulty selected and all the other setting to the max of difficulty... that is fun....even MOCAP is not bug free.

there are also new issues I'm experiencing but it seems it is attached to Bornholm map or MOCAP ( some odd thing when a character heals an another one.... I loose all controls on the character that don't move anymore from the place he was when healing someone else )...
and there are the usual issues I experienced on 1.86 on Altis that are the same on Bornholm (respawn = loosing 0-8-x calls, restarting a game from a save = same issue, kill mission give 2x "check email" and 2x FF gain....)

All efforts by you folks is really appreciated. I wish the best of luck and success.

Sure, you and anyone can here or wherever paste Pilgrimage code or link the files to show it to the others. Also anyone can without asking me for separate permission to release own adaptations/versions/modifications of Pilgrimage, as long the proper credits are given (to make clear, who did what, like NewPilgrimage by XYZ based on Pilgrimage by Rydygier). Of course I'll be grateful for information, as I enjoy to know, my work was useful for someone's else project. In general, all, what's OK with APL-SA license is allowed too. I'm truly happy, when people use my work in constructive/own ways. :) 

so then, here they are for the 1.86COOP turned to 1.94Beta  @Bornholm:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F9926DE685CC562F!1047&authkey=!ACCUBbbeyr7t_io&ithint=folder%2csqf

this is a "read only" Onedrive folder (not "edit" for the files stay as they are, fixed files will be share elsewhere)

you'll find all files and folders, even ones I did'nt modify.

here is how I did (or tried to do )

1.86 COOP files modified for Bornholm map : mods on mission, JRinit, Description -> porting mission to Bornholm works with a change for the story pitch.

1.86 COOP turned to 1.94 COOP (attempt) : comparaison between each files and folder,reading line by line and  trying to understand the syntax and expression (without success at 100% as the mission is not starting) and capy/past for each additional lines to upgraded functions.(I have to say after a few hours of reading,  you are a little bit tired and eyes too....)

of course I made mistakes on expression for sure, you'll tell me where and why and I'll learn.

harder modifications were on Mainloop, I guess JRinit is not free of errors neither.

I'll will answer any question the best I can.

I will accept with a big smile all comments as long as you explain why I was wrong because I need knowledge

as for 1.94SP@Bornholm (for the Version 1.4 of the map ) here is my updated (Oct-08-2015) PBO:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F9926DE685CC562F!1101&authkey=!AIFOBEXidXxIm14&ithint=folder%2cpbo

be aware I DID NOT modify the Intro so it is absolutly not setted as it should be (I  don't know how to do ) so hit the skip button as it starts

as for 1.86COOP@Bornholm (V1.4) :

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F9926DE685CC562F!1103&authkey=!AEqQpFtIRRnI0pk&ithint=folder%2cpbo

enjoy and teach me.....

Playing this on Altis just never gets old, but creating the same mission on other terrains is "icing on the game"! I've done a little map making in the past so if you need a little help placing objects (chapels) I certainly don't mind doing some of the scenery design.

I also would like to suggest adding a little survival feature such as water and food intake to mimic slight suffering in a hostile environment. In the end however, improving and expanding this mission is always much appreciated.

Thanks and loooking forward to testing.

ho I'm just a little guy playing again and again an amazing mission (never the same things and I played it thousands  times  since  1.75 release at least, it is the oldest version I have on my PC but maybe I had an older one )

I don't have skills to "add" everything except a little script found on Armaholic to push the boat when beached (that often happends on Bornholm due to the map configuration )

I thought it would be fun to add something like Dayz functions (need to eat and drink, watch to be not too cold nor too hot...) but is it the real purpose of the mission ?

I guess not.

the Pilgrimage is firstly a quest, a journey.....all you have to do is trying to change the way you play the game  from the last time!

for exemple:  never use a heavy armored or weaponized vehicule,( as you enjoyed killing guys 1.5 km away with thermal sight from a captured GORGON),  use only 4 WD, armed or not, take with you only what you need and use guns and ammos you find on your opponents...
don't use lazy travel option, try to be closest as possible to reality (hard or Insane  settings, no loot icone, maximum of setting on random and/or hardest choice....)
take your time to walk throught  those maps (if you have a very good hardware configuration with all setting on max, it is a very nice travel accross Altis or whatever map you use....)

for Bornholm, I already discussed the story mods a long time ago here with Rydygier

Phil went to Bornholm to set up a network for the local governement and its army to have a ground UGV to watch for the borderlines of the island.

things turned wrong as militaries took the political power and tried to use UGVs against people on a civilian war.

The network is made of  almost 200 antennas, relays and communication towers you can find all accross the island. ( those are perfect to take the chapels places for the quest.)

Phil and  two of his mates tried to sabotage the antennas, both of the guys were captured and hold in a stronghold, Phil was highly wounded on a solo attempt to end the sabotage job by one of his UGVs. (the only one activated, so....)

the end of the story ? it is yours to play it 

Pilgrimage@Bornholm is:

-4 possibilities of Airfields locations,

-11 possibilities for Strongholds,

- approx 25 checkpoints......

lot of military buildings like bases but also administrative military buildings in every town or village so  Realistic Loot option is great to play on Bornholm.

known issues:

for SP 1.94

-some starting points with beached or landed boat.

-ambient combat setted to HIGH but combats appear only in major cities and rare in the country.
-game does not automaticaly save when you are at an point where bro's body can be ( antennas, GSM, communication and TV Towers )

-sometimes a few abandonned vehicles  are located at the same point ( seems to be close to the center of the map )

for COOP

almost same issues than SP but especially the following onces.

- 0-8-x calls unavaliable when starting on a saved game or for the medic

- check email gain or intel from Warlords doubled in MP
- items in vehicles crates appear but cannot be taken.

-all oddity from MP game.......

recommanded mods:

-incognito from Rydygier

-TEC CSAT modification project.

-MASSI mods (all of them but mostly weapons Russians and USSOCOM, vehicles (ported from ARMA II ) and units like  Altis Guerrilla)

-MOCAP  (it helps killing guys when naked and unarmed if you use it in conjoction with Incognito )
-EricJ weapons also....

and of course some mods like Unlocked Uniforms (seems to fail working on latest MASSI updates), FSF Sacventral, ASDJ-Joint Rails etc.....

so for now, all I need is :

-help to fix scripting in modified files to turn the 1.86MP with 1.94 upgrades.

-someone to share his knowledge for I can learn and avoid to ask for help ;)

the files I shared HERE about 1.86COOP and 1.94SP @BORNHOLM are working missions with some minors issues, some already here in Altis, some seem to be "exclusive" on Bornholm's map.
but there is nothing I saw that will stop the mission  with a crash. (I played  more than 15 times each COOP and SP on BORNHOLM, always went to the end of the mission)

the only matter for the SP, I did'nt modify the intro so it  starts something like a"odd" video if you let it go to the end ....
if someone what to change setting to have a real Intro for Bornholm... he is welcome.

-

so then, here they are for the 1.86COOP turned to 1.94Beta  @Bornholm:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F9926DE685CC562F!1047&authkey=!ACCUBbbeyr7t_io&ithint=folder%2csqf

this is a "read only" Onedrive folder (not "edit" for the files stay as they are, fixed files will be share elsewhere)

you'll find all files and folders, even ones I did'nt modify.

here is how I did (or tried to do )

1.86 COOP files modified for Bornholm map : mods on mission, JRinit, Description -> porting mission to Bornholm works with a change for the story pitch.

1.86 COOP turned to 1.94 COOP (attempt) : comparaison between each files and folder,reading line by line and  trying to understand the syntax and expression (without success at 100% as the mission is not starting) and capy/past for each additional lines to upgraded functions.(I have to say after a few hours of reading,  you are a little bit tired and eyes too....)

of course I made mistakes on expression for sure, you'll tell me where and why and I'll learn.

harder modifications were on Mainloop, I guess JRinit is not free of errors neither.

I'll will answer any question the best I can.

I will accept with a big smile all comments as long as you explain why I was wrong because I need knowledge

as for 1.94SP@Bornholm (for the Version 1.4 of the map ) here is my updated (Oct-08-2015) PBO:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F9926DE685CC562F!1101&authkey=!AIFOBEXidXxIm14&ithint=folder%2cpbo

be aware I DID NOT modify the Intro so it is absolutly not setted as it should be (I  don't know how to do ) so hit the skip button as it starts

as for 1.86COOP@Bornholm (V1.4) :

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F9926DE685CC562F!1103&authkey=!AEqQpFtIRRnI0pk&ithint=folder%2cpbo

enjoy and teach me.....

I recommend you open the mission.sqm with Notepad++ and change line 29 to read:

briefingName="Pilgrimage 1.94_beta1_bornholm";

and then save again in the editor to make a new .pbo. This will display it differently from Ryd's Pilgrimage 1.94 prior to launching the game.

you're right

I have a different way to put my missions in Arma....
each mission is in a folder in arma 3 directory\missions\ folder\pilgrimage_194_beta1.pbo

for example I have this :

arma3 directory\missions\@Bornholm\ all the missions for Bornholm

arma3 directory\missions\@Altis\ all the missions for Altis.

etc...

It will be done soon.

I'm wondering, when in a vehicle, do the on-screen objective markers appear (the ones that indicate a civilian I can talk to, a building that has supplies, etc)? I don't think that they spawn when driving but I was wondering if I could get some clarification on that.

This is my first play through so I'm taking a more "undercover" approach, only engaging the enemy when necessary. So far, I think I've narrowed down approximately which church the body is in. I found a vehicle relatively early on and haven't been given any indication of any bases I can attack for intel or releasing hostages (I only know of these things because of the guide).

So essentially I'm doing a combat free run right now but from a role playing perspective, I have to wonder if Alex wouldn't actually actively seek out these bases to free his brother's comrades and possibly his father's invention? I don't know, I love the story and feel like he would but if I keep going this way, I'll find the body and have only killed around 5 people and not have done any of the other stuff.

Long story short I feel like I should actively seek out these enemy compounds but in my vehicle, I don't think any mission markers spawn. Am I wrong on that? It's a large map and I need a vehicle to take Alex's brother's body home.

Can I only discover these places while on foot?

I'm wondering, when in a vehicle, do the on-screen objective markers appear (the ones that indicate a civilian I can talk to, a building that has supplies, etc)? I don't think that they spawn when driving but I was wondering if I could get some clarification on that.

This is my first play through so I'm taking a more "undercover" approach, only engaging the enemy when necessary. So far, I think I've narrowed down approximately which church the body is in. I found a vehicle relatively early on and haven't been given any indication of any bases I can attack for intel or releasing hostages (I only know of these things because of the guide).

So essentially I'm doing a combat free run right now but from a role playing perspective, I have to wonder if Alex wouldn't actually actively seek out these bases to free his brother's comrades and possibly his father's invention? I don't know, I love the story and feel like he would but if I keep going this way, I'll find the body and have only killed around 5 people and not have done any of the other stuff.

Long story short I feel like I should actively seek out these enemy compounds but in my vehicle, I don't think any mission markers spawn. Am I wrong on that? It's a large map and I need a vehicle to take Alex's brother's body home.

Can I only discover these places while on foot?

The markers do appear when in a vehicle, but can sometimes can take time to appear by which time you've driven past. Best thing to do is to park up and walk around a town, speak to the locals and see what you can find lying around.

I am sure that Alex has only one thing on his mind and that is to find his brother's body, but he is prepared to do whatever it takes to do that. If that means killing every bad guy on the island to gain intel, he won't think twice about it. He also knows that he can't take on an army without decent weapons and a decent amount of ammunition. It's no good trying to take on an armoured vehicle with an SMG.

As for the stronghold locations, Tyrone gives a list of possible co-ordinates in a phone call. (You can check the phone call details in the map - top left corner menu). From time to time, you may come across them as you move around the island, and sometimes the locals or surrendered enemies may reveal the location of one to you. You can get the locations of both strongholds and airfields from any officer you find at one of them. Airfields are easier to pinpoint. Only 6 airfields on Altis, and first time the gunship comes looking for you watch for the direction it first comes from or as it leaves. It will narrow it down to one or two airfields, although it will be heavily defended.

Alex doesn't know where to look for the invention, but it could be near his brothers body. Perhaps it may find him. Who knows?

Having said all that, he may just find the body, take it and go if the opportunity presents itself.

The markers do appear when in a vehicle, but can sometimes can take time to appear by which time you've driven past. Best thing to do is to park up and walk around a town, speak to the locals and see what you can find lying around.

I am sure that Alex has only one thing on his mind and that is to find his brother's body, but he is prepared to do whatever it takes to do that. If that means killing every bad guy on the island to gain intel, he won't think twice about it. He also knows that he can't take on an army without decent weapons and a decent amount of ammunition. It's no good trying to take on an armoured vehicle with an SMG.

As for the stronghold locations, Tyrone gives a list of possible co-ordinates in a phone call. (You can check the phone call details in the map - top left corner menu). From time to time, you may come across them as you move around the island, and sometimes the locals or surrendered enemies may reveal the location of one to you. You can get the locations of both strongholds and airfields from any officer you find at one of them. Airfields are easier to pinpoint. Only 6 airfields on Altis, and first time the gunship comes looking for you watch for the direction it first comes from or as it leaves. It will narrow it down to one or two airfields, although it will be heavily defended.

Alex doesn't know where to look for the invention, but it could be near his brothers body. Perhaps it may find him. Who knows?

Having said all that, he may just find the body, take it and go if the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks for the detailed response!

This mission has a wonderful beauty to it. The subtlety of the story is as remarkable as it is touching. And the phone calls? Brilliant.

Having a brother I'm close to in real life has made this entire experience hit on all cylinders. I'm playing like it was my brother out there and if we're being honest, I can't think of another video game experience that's made me feel this way.

I don't think Tyrone has made that call to me yet! I'll keep an eye out but as I said, I think I have "the chapel" on my radar now so I *think* the homestretch is near. I guess that's an excuse for another (maybe more bloody? :) ) play-through though!

Last night, right before bed I decided to start messing around. It was late and I saw some enemy AI on my map and I actively started hunting them for no reason other than to do so. It kind of killed the immersion for me (after all, I'd never do that and I highly doubt Alex would either). So I wondered if I was seeking the combat because I felt like I was missing stuff from not finding any bases. But yeah, I agree, that's not the point here. It's to find Alex's brother's body, regardless of the stakes.

This round the stakes have been low but who knows what's coming, right? :)

Anyway, I've enjoyed this immensely and will places this mission in my heart fondly. Who would have guessed a hardcore milsim could do that? LOL!

to add

....every now and then you will get a phone call offering intel about enemy presence or abandoned vehicles. Both are for sale.

....Sometimes hunting down a group of patrols may seem like you are just out looking for trouble, which is quite fun I must say, but there are times when you can find useful intel and even money in their pockets.

....If you get the better of a patrol unit and one of them surrenders, you can also interigate him. After you find out whether he knows anything or not you can decide to let him go or execute him. This is probably pretty basic knowledge but I tell this because you may not be aware that if you let them go, your reputation could go up, but if you kill everyone mercilessly, your reputation goes to the dogs, and I heard that civilians can take up arms and come after you. 

....I kinda forgot about the fathers invention. Is that something that can actually be found or is that just part of the story?

• Like 1

to add

....every now and then you will get a phone call offering intel about enemy presence or abandoned vehicles. Both are for sale.

I had no idea this message meant that info was for sale. Thank you. That part of the game mechanic never made any sense to me. I appreciate the tip.

..Sometimes hunting down a group of patrols may seem like you are just out looking for trouble, which is quite fun I must say, but there are times when you can find useful intel and even money in their pockets.

....If you get the better of a patrol unit and one of them surrenders, you can also interigate him. After you find out whether he knows anything or not you can decide to let him go or execute him. This is probably pretty basic knowledge but I tell this because you may not be aware that if you let them go, your reputation could go up, but if you kill everyone mercilessly, your reputation goes to the dogs, and I heard that civilians can take up arms and come after you.

Now that you put it that way, I can see the logic in Alex taking on some bad guys. When I went up against the small unit yesterday, I only had 20 rounds of ammo and a less than ideal scope. I certainly could have used better gear so logic serves that Alex would both want and need these things to accomplish his goal.

I don't recall the guide saying anything about reputation, but if so, this already beautiful and deep mission just got deeper. That's awesome. If the part about civilians taking up arms is true then that's some pretty creative scripting too! Nice touch (if it does indeed exist).

....I kinda forgot about the fathers invention. Is that something that can actually be found or is that just part of the story?

From what I hear yes! The guide strongly hints at it.

I checked out a few LP's (minus the ending) so I wonder if anyone has found it?

The way Alex and his family talk about the invention has me very intrigued and kind of scared to find it to be honest. :) That conversation with his uncle has me picturing it turning people into The Walking Dead so I can't say my nerves are ready for the lovely story to go all horror show.

Like I said there's an elegance to the writing and presentation of this mod that really strike a chord in me. I've been gaming for a long time and someting about this mod has captivated my imagination. I didn't expect that when I bought ARMA and I couldn't be more thankful for this.