Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Mission upgraded to 1.6. Changelog:

- new caching system (10-15 FPS more);

- added option to choose new (D-R) or old (H-S) caching system;

- optional hostile artillery presence and activity (2-4 mortars controlled by FFE script);

- improved loot positioning;

- at init Alex' (and his companion's) weapon is now randomized from 3 available SMGs. Randomized is also uniform from 10 chosen;

- added removing of boat marker, hideout, and firing artillery markers when chosen no item feature, which now is named "hardcore";

- added distance check between player and his current vehicle during both fast travel actions. If vehicle is farther than 250 m, player will be moved without his vehicle;

- code optimized;

- various code fixes and tweaks.

Edited by Rydygier

Thanks Rydy

I will try last version by 1st chance.

You are doing brilliant work man ;)

Attention, seems, that on Armaholic in 1.6 package is contained old version. Use alternative links for now. It is OK now.

Edited by Rydygier

Thank you Rydy, I just started playing it, no problems so far. Bcombat RC2 is fine so far at default AI population, no delays... Plus I use the ambience part of tpw_mods (not the EBS of course).

Thank you Rydy, I just started playing it, no problems so far. Bcombat RC2 is fine so far at default AI population, no delays... Plus I use the ambience part of tpw_mods (not the EBS of course).

Hmm..i gave some thought about that myself but i concluded "ambience" won't fit the scenario (hostile groups everywhere etc)

Although..it also doesn't fit the scenario the "Hitchhiking" ability. (Which driver is able to move freely in a such hostile environment // Who and why will stop to transport an armed stranger // Why the protagonist should trust a stranger driver for his transport *again in such a hostile environment) ;)

Is it possible that the other two links could contain the old version? I didn't download from ArmaHolic and I have churches not updating and no loot icons after about two hours of play. Also the boat icon is visible on hard-core.

EDIT:

I recall a mortar option in the beginning so, I guess I have the latest.

Playing with same mods I listed previously. Playing on Hard-Core, with companion, "more reliable" caching, and the rest of it is default I think.

EDIT2:

I just reread first post and perhaps bcombat is my problem. I will start a new game without it.

Edited by Khugan

Boat icon - yep, unfortunatelly, placed deleting it too early, so it fails. Stupid oversight. Old issues - :( and at the moment it is all, I can to say about it. Applied every improvement, I figured out, that could help. If not helped - simply do not know, what else to try. If only I could reproduce this, but no "luck" so far. One thing - try to play with new caching instead. This was one of improvement, that could help. Old system should be used in fact only, if someone note some issues generated by the new one. And shouldn't be used at all, but should and will be removed, if this makes difference as for these issue occurence.

Why the protagonist should trust a stranger driver for his transport *again in such a hostile environment)

He is armed. Better question would be, how drivers could trust some stranger in such situation. Perhaps this "hitchhike" isn't so voluntary? But then why he is paying for it? Maybe he is rightous man. Anyway, more good questions arise, when you hitchhike with your tank... I think, some questions simply shouldn't be asked :) . Yes, situation on the island is ugly, but some people still do living there (we can deduce that reading second message from his brother), so civilian ambient fits to me. Generated by it low intensity of ambient fits even more.

Edited by Rydygier

I have read most of the posts in this thread and I couldn't find any solution to the NO sound problem. I am using cba a3, Blastcore, TWP.

.. when you hitchhike with your tank...

Hahaha.. :D

Ok got it

So..i might try a "proper amount" of ambience and see how it goes ;)

Added to the first post kind of "dev branch" - file updated each time I fix something without waiting for official upgrade release. This file may be updated even several times a day.

I have read most of the posts in this thread and I couldn't find any solution to the NO sound problem. I am using cba a3, Blastcore, TWP.

Spotted it twice. Nothing at my side, so nothing, I could fix. What was perhaps important, both time it was when I saved and loaded a game when near to camp's fireplace. IIRC exiting the mission and loading last save solved problem to me. Fireplace sound is somehow broken, I think. It is still audible after putting out the fire, and even if you go far from the fireplace. I'm playing withs JSRS or SoS usually though. It vanish only after game load. Even if for you problem appears in other circumstancies too - try just to save, exit and load game.

Hmm..i gave some thought about that myself but i concluded "ambience" won't fit the scenario (hostile groups everywhere etc)

Although..it also doesn't fit the scenario the "Hitchhiking" ability. (Which driver is able to move freely in a such hostile environment // Who and why will stop to transport an armed stranger // Why the protagonist should trust a stranger driver for his transport *again in such a hostile environment) ;)

I must admit I didn't think so much about it. Goats and sheep are important for me :-) Civs in cars roadkilled me in my last mission, arrrrhghghg...

I must admit I didn't think so much about it. Goats and sheep are important for me :-) Civs in cars roadkilled me in my last mission, arrrrhghghg...

I think the way to go is to modify the ambience to fit the scenario.

A minimal amount of civilians and even smaller/rare possibility of ambient cars.

(Let's say that these few citizens is useful in some way by the armed remnant groups)

Also ambient animals shouldn't be on high populations due to food scarcity given the situation

Of course everything above is imHo :)

I've been able to put in several hours with X2 and have not had any of my original issues with loot not spawning, churches not being marked as checked, etc. Performance seems stable, and the values in the side chat have not changed much.

The only drawback to the side chat for me missing opportunities to purchase intel: When I am in a vehicle, the incoming message sound does not play, so those intel-for-sale opportunities often go by unnoticed unless I happen to see one, or see the 'no longer available' message. Is there a way to disable those side-chats for the duration of the game? (I'm assuming it's just a bit of code that could be commented out in one of the scripts?)

I've got everything on 100%, no companion, multiple camps enabled, and I have had no CPU-related issues such as AI diapering or anything like that. The new chip seems to handle the workload just fine.

I am going to finish the game with X2 and call it good ... I've restarted several times with version upgrades, and I'm afraid that another restart will just be frustrating at this point. I'm really enjoying the stability of this version.

Thank you for all of the work you've put into this!

-Doc

Thanks a lot for your test, I'm nearly convinced now, that this new caching system fixed the problems, as 1.6 with old caching still has these issues, as written somewhere above. So after all this seems to be caused by CPU overload, that new caching solves.

Yes, you can comment out sidechats, but this means depack/repack the mission, so one way or another you'll have to start from the beginning, so in such case is better anyway to use 1.6 instead or continue with them.

Hello players of the game which is best known for DayZ and Altis Life!

I think the way to go is to modify the ambience to fit the scenario.

A minimal amount of civilians and even smaller/rare possibility of ambient cars.

Yeah, I now play with very few civs, no cars driving, some animals and 2 planes at 1h max. No tpw_park because finding cars should be up to the mission maker.

BTW I mentioned strange combat behavior of AI before, AI which did not shoot at all: This must be something with ArmA core. Last time I have seen it with tpw_ebbs+asr_ai, now in an Alive Mission on Bystrica with bcombat. All soldies were just reporting and aiming, but not shooting. So I'm sure it is not mission related.

Edited by tortuosit

BTW I mentioned strange combat behavior of AI before, AI which did not shoot at all

Hmm..i think i heard this recently in another thread.

If this is getting serious maybe you can do all of us a favor to create a related ticket which we ll try to support.

*sorry for the possible off-topic Ryd *

Nvm. Thought there was no option to choose new caching system, but i was using an older version. ;) Damn i wish ARMA let us save and load more than 1 save file... (saved my other one where i searched 150 churches on the side. I just cant throw it away. Too much work :D ).

Thanks for making this better and better. ;)

EDIT: On the "issue" of having enemies all over and still being able to hitch hike with civilians. Well i see it like this, the country had a war previously and now its got peace keeping army on it (CSAT) and i have come to collect my brothers body who was fighting against that force earlier. Obviously they let the civilians go about their business, but they do not like agressors and they do not like me coming there to loot and claim a dead body. So, its all good, and im lying down in cars and pay them good money so they take me where i want to go. Its a bit of fantasy, but it works - for me at least. :)

EDIT again: Also had to just give you a "bravo!" on the new caching system. The performance is ultra smooth and yet i see enemies, enemy camps, more complex enemy camps (camo nets, road blocks etc). So, excellent work!

Edited by Alex72

:) Thanks.

After today beta update official 1.61 seems imminent, unless some new problems will arise before I end final tests.

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Mission upgraded to 1.61. Changelog:

- boat marker should be removed in hardcore mode;

- adjusted some descriptions of init options;

- improved arty script functioning and reliability;

- changed player's position before init (cosmetic change);

- various tweaks and fixes.

Edited by Rydygier

Hey I can't play the mission anymore when i reload it says "you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependant upon content that has been deleted" and then ~20 lines under it. Some of it seems to be standard stuff to me. I have unsubbed from the steam and dowloaded it from the thread here and it still doesnt work.

I also encountered being able to duplicate ammo by dragging it onto the ground from my .45 pistol and also had my ff drop to -40 when i travelled to the edge of the circle.

I had this bug where no loot would spawn anymore in buildings maybe my arma is just broken... i travelled a few distances few times but it just wouldnt spawn anymore.

I also encountered being able to duplicate ammo by dragging it onto the ground from my .45 pistol

Arma bug, I think. Noted this too.

and also had my ff drop to -40 when i travelled to the edge of the circle.

It is possible. Assume, it is short-term debit. :) Shouldn't break anything.

"you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependant upon content that has been deleted" and then ~20 lines under it.

Pilgrimage has no any addon dependency, only vanilla. Such message may be generated, if you saved game using some mod, then tried to load this save without that mod. If this isn't the case - I do not know. Paste at least, what exactly is said in all these 20 lines, then we could try to tell something more. Here is all, what Pilgrimage needs:

addOns[]=
{
	"a3_map_altis",
	"A3_Characters_F_Civil",
	"a3_characters_f_gamma",
	"A3_Boat_F_Civilian_Boat",
	"A3_Soft_F_Crusher_UGV"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"A3_Characters_F_Gamma",
	"A3_Characters_F_Civil",
	"A3_Soft_F_Crusher_UGV",
	"A3_Boat_F_Civilian_Boat",
	"a3_map_altis"
};

I had this bug where no loot would spawn anymore in buildings maybe my arma is just broken... i travelled a few distances few times but it just wouldnt spawn anymore.

Which version and what exact initial settings?

Edited by Rydygier

I see here either addons referring to some custom weapon mod and/or, most probably due to rest of "ca" addons, A2 content somehow passed into A3 (AiA was used or something?). Anyway, that's not mission issue, but some mess with custom/A2 content on your end. Try to recall, what mods you was used, that could bring under A3 weaponry like M107, KSVK, Metis, Colt, m252 mortar, Vintorez etc. Someone had similar issue earlier, perhaps would tell if/how he solved this issue?

One more question regarding to infamous "no loot/church markers anymore" issue - if this was 1.61 version, when you spotted particulary this "no loot" issue, what exactly was your mission init settings? Default, or you changed something? Most important is caching system, also percentages.

Edited by Rydygier

It was on default, and I think it might be breaking point although I don't even have it enabled it might've installed something it's the only thing that could've added custom weapons.

It is really strange issue to have "lacking" A2 content in A3, can't help, no idea, what is the cause.

It was on default,

Bad news, but thanks. I see, after all there is one zombie in this mission - "no loot/checking" issue, that should be dead, but it is still walking and haunting some players. At the moment see no way to do something about. Whatever I figured out, I did already.

Still doing well with X2 ... no issues that I've noticed.

Thanks,

- Doc

Edited by Doc. Caliban