Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Not an error. There was some 50% randomization, I at the end decided to replace with 100% chance and did it in such lazy way (adding -). Thanks for reporting anyway. :)

100% chance and did it in such lazy way (adding -).

Just put 'if (1) then' there the next time around - saves a couple of opcodes in a already CPU-heavy game.

Sure, I know, it's not lightest. Lightest would be removing whole if-then. Gain wouldn't be anyhow noticeable of course, so don't worry about CPU. I'm using that way also when it's possible, so in the future I would like return to randomization for some reason - to leave the place marked and easy to go back.

Atlantis Map is looking FANTASTIC. In many ways, it looks similar to the new map that BIS is developing for release in 2016.

I thought I saw somewhere that it's possible to have Pilgrimage work on other maps.

1) Is that right, or wrong?

2) If it's right, which other maps?

3) How do I get it to work on other maps? (if it works)

&

4) Is there somewhere I can donate money via PayPal to Rydygier, because damn I'm having fun in coop multiplayer with my buddy, and in single player when no friends can play!!!

Edited by heyvern69

Porting Pilgrimage to other maps is possible and anyone is free to do so, but it's not trivial and depending on particular map requires less or more manual code editing. Porting was planned for May, but due to unexpected long term RL work to do, it's delayed .

Atlantis map you say? Don't know it, thanks for the info. It may be another candidate for porting, although in genera preferable are uniform land masses, not archipelagos and such (if it is of that kind...).

Is there somewhere I can donate money via PayPal to Rydygier, because damn I'm having fun in coop multiplayer with my buddy, and in single player when no friends can play!!!

Thanks. I'm really happy, you liked it. For people determined to thank me in $, there is golden "Donate" paypal link at the bottom of the first post. :)

Hello,

I've just installed this mission, through pbo file, not subscribing from steam, but I still get only one save, not considering the saves from the chapels.

How can I have multiple saves during the game?

Not an error. There was some 50% randomization, I at the end decided to replace with 100% chance and did it in such lazy way (adding -).

Haha, evil code. Fortunately MANW is already over ;-)

A lot of map business out there, I also wish we will see Pilgrimage on another map. Rydigier, take your time, delivery @ next weekend is totally alright. :D

:)

I've just installed this mission, through pbo file, not subscribing from steam, but I still get only one save, not considering the saves from the chapels.

How can I have multiple saves during the game?

- to enable unlimited saves: CONFIGURE -> GAME -> DIFFICULTY and enable "unlimited saves";

Hello, this is amazing mission, very well made but I ran in two problems.

First one, I am experiencing crashes. It just happens after few minutes of playing, it shows black screen and the sound keeps going on for about a second and then the game crashes. No specific situation. I am using only mods that are listed here as compatible, though if I disable bcombat, it crashes slightly less. Any ideas how to fix it?

And other problem is sound looping, not sure if this is because of this mission bht I have not experienced this anywhere else. There are few specific sounds that loop, even If I reload the game. For example the first aid sound. I have been playing this mission for about 4 hours without starting over and the sound has been looping since the beginning. It drives mr crazy to listed the same sound over and over again. Any fix for it?

Try it without any mods and see if it runs OK. If you have Steam version try verifying game cache.

I've heard the first aid sound loop but only when healed from the medical truck.

I use the following mods with no issues:

RYD BT

sthud

TPW mods (but only use the HUD for tactical glasses and animations because it won't disable in GUI)

VTS weaponsresting

CBA version 1.1.20

ASR A13

Hey guys,

i found this mission trough a nice streamer (Acesfury).

Now he wanted the mp so much but the version out now is not that up to date and wanted respawning.

So i went in there, now i'm still not done but this version is now good, you can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2lugbwtizx3g7c/PilgrimageCOOP.Altis.pbo?dl=0

changes:

Added 2 extra playable characters.

Reviving added with 600sec timer.

Respawning at the last church you find, with the gear you start. and always with the scroll options.

Updated the sell loot to the new version in 1.93.

Known bugs:

After you kill the target for some info, you will get the email times the amount of players (like i played with 3 people, i did get 3 emails)

Greetings,

Catmandos

Edited by Catmandos

@Catmandos

We've been waiting for you! My buddy and I are hardcore Pilgrimage MP players. We have found workarounds for most of the MP issues that arise while playing but getting them fixed will be great. I think Ryd' said he was swamped with other stuff so having others step in is going to be a big help. If you need testers, let me know. Also, some players, myself included have asked whether other maps can be made to work with Pilgrimage. Is it possible to make it work and if so I would like to lend a hand if there is anything I can do, i.e: placement of chapels.

@Catmandos

We've been waiting for you! My buddy and I are hardcore Pilgrimage MP players. We have found workarounds for most of the MP issues that arise while playing but getting them fixed will be great. I think Ryd' said he was swamped with other stuff so having others step in is going to be a big help. If you need testers, let me know. Also, some players, myself included have asked whether other maps can be made to work with Pilgrimage. Is it possible to make it work and if so I would like to lend a hand if there is anything I can do, i.e: placement of chapels.

If you know more bugs with my version or with wip3 version please tell me..

Hey, Catmandos. Big Thank You for your work on behalf of all MP enthusiasts and myself. :)

Hey guys,

i found this mission trough a nice streamer (Acesfury).

Now he wanted the mp so much but the version out now is not that up to date and wanted respawning.

So i went in there, now i'm still not done but this version is now good, you can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9q91yyqzldn0gkd/PilgrimageCOOPtest.Altis.pbo?dl=0

changes:

Added 2 extra playable characters.

Reviving added with 600sec timer.

Respawning at the last church you find, with the gear you start. and always with the scroll options.

Updated the sell loot to the new version in 1.93.

Known bugs:

After you kill the target for some info, you will get the email times the amount of players (like i played with 3 people, i did get 3 emails)

Greetings,

Catmandos

Excellent ! and thank you. Partz and I will definitely test it this Sunday. @Partz : The Dropbox link requires a password so can you send me the file? Thanks.

Excellent ! and thank you. Partz and I will definitely test it this Sunday. @Partz : The Dropbox link requires a password so can you send me the file? Thanks.

I didnt get the password question when im logged out of dropbox. And the permission is set to everyone with the link, maybe you get the pop up with the question to log in to your own dropbox account (you can click that away with clicking on the X on the upper right corner)

@Partz : The Dropbox link requires a password so can you send me the file? Thanks.

...Roger that !

I didnt get the password question when im logged out of dropbox. And the permission is set to everyone with the link, maybe you get the pop up with the question to log in to your own dropbox account (you can click that away with clicking on the X on the upper right corner)

I don't have a Dropbox account but I did get it following your instruction.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Catmandos

I launched a multiplayer LAN game, some feedback so far.

1. No boat marker at spawn. Not an issue for me though, can make my own.

2. No Pilgrimage settings options. IE, ambient combat, civilians, etc. No GUI to pick from. I assume so far you have some default settings taking place.

3. I had no sound at all.

I stopped at boat spawn due to no sound. Sound works fine in my SP mission by RYD.

If there is something you want me to try let me know.

1 the mission default dificulty setting is on hard so no markers then.

2 the settings are on the parameter button on the screen where you choice your slot.

3. the sound i dont know maybe try a new start sometimes it will not start good (do you start with some mods)

I use the following mods with no issues in SP:

RYD BT

sthud

TPW mods (but only use the HUD for tactical glasses and animations because it won't disable in GUI)

VTS weaponsresting

CBA version 1.1.20

ASR A13

I will recheck 2 & 3 as soon as eat some lunch.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

OK

Started a new multiplayer LAN game. Parameters are there (my bad sometimes get MP & SP mixed up). Used the mods listed above.

Result = no sound.

Started a new LAN game again with no mods.

Result = no sound.

Started a multiplayer internet game with no mods

Result = no sound

In each case I can hear the game menu clicks and sounds while not in game and escaping to the menu while in game. My sound is working in all other games including SP & MP Pilgrimage by RYD, with or without mods.

Not sure what to do on my end. Maybe others will chime in.

Thanks. I'm really happy, you liked it. For people determined to thank me in $, there is golden "Donate" paypal link at the bottom of the first post. :)

Awesome, but the paypal link is not in English so I'm having a tough time with donating money.

Is it possible to get a paypal link in English for my translation challenged self???

Thx.

-V

Oh, my. I thought, it's in English. Do not know PayPal too well, but changed something in settings, with some luck now donation should be in English...