Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Is that the new terrain with the latest DLC? If so I don’t have it or plan to. 

15 hours ago, rsoftokz said:

might have some errors or mistakes as I made it quick.

I am trying it out and seems to be working OK. One thing I’ve noticed is that the loot messages still refer to Altis.

yes... this and that....

RHS version has to be tweaked.

It seems I have one wrong spawning point where the player is somewhere and the car is....... I don't know 😁😂

I plan to make a Weferlingen winter version too ....

I'll upload and update the links further in the week.

bLNCS4xTLM6r5Z_oGLmHGOYuwUZE-jyGlfbNLyCj

Weferlingen ported Missions have been tweaked and updated:

Pilgrimage 1.951 based missions ported to Weferlingen GM terrain from the latest Arma3 DLC

on summer terrain

on winter terrain

four versions:

two standard Pilgrimage  on summer and winter maps

two RHS mod tweaked Pilgrimage on summer and winter maps

winter version tweaked for winter clothing at mission start

boat replaced by a car

mission should end when brother's body is loaded in the car (not enought time to test it to the end of the mission)

some previous mistakes fixed ( wrong spawn points coordinates, wrong church coordinates)

need to fix: random Ryd_JR_Cars spawning points ( all similar cars spawned in the river )

next goal: to tweak a Pilgrimage version with GM uniforms, units and cars only  as I was requested by private message.

here it is

enjoy.

ltKc4O.png

Here on Google Drive

Files updated @ 10.00 Paris/Madrid Time May 8th

error in scripting line 431 in RYD_JR_Init.sqf..... missing a simple ,

• Like 1

PILGRIMAGE CONTACT by Rsoftokz

Hi Guys and Girls...

Here is my own version of LIVONIA  ported Mission :

Pilgrimage 1.951 based missions ported to ENOCH/LIVONIA terrain from the latest Arma3 DLC CONTACT

contents tweaked for LIVONIA CONTACT DLC:

- Contact uniforms at mission start

- Boat replaced by a car and mission end fixed body have to be transfered in the original mission start spawned car to end mission ("move body in the car" command)

- Livonia Army stand as "green faction" in camps and checkpoints

- Russian Spetsnaz stand as "red faction" with the help of chinese army for armored vehicles ( TANOA DLC)

- WARZONE option added to start menu (like I add Black out and Incognito options): this add several military camps and  structures all over the map if WARZONE is ON.

- Light vehicles on Checkpoints changed to UGVs for Green and Red Factions. RED and GREEN UGVs are possibily spawned all over the map even far from the checkpoints. They are not self decisive and autonomous like the Pilgrimage UGV that killed Alex 's bro.

need latest "ARMA 3 CONTACT" version with CONTACT and TANOA DLCs at least.

here it is

enjoy.

ltKc4O.png

Here on Google Drive 

• Like 3

Absolutely awesome.
I like that sometimes the radio chatter says where they are. Unfortunately I sometimes am injured by the "Prepare a box" as it bounces off the floor of a building or sometimes just the ground. Worst time it inflicted the condition with the "arm in a sling" icon. Thankfully I could fast travel to Hideout and rest up. Gotta watch those freaky physics objects. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is the mission using some kind of weather script? I've been playing on Livoina and during the whole gameplay the wind was blowing strongly, and this gets annoying over time. I went into the editor but the weather isn't touched there at all. I tried chaging it via Achilies, Zeus and tort_DynamicWeather script, but nothing happenes. I reckoned posting here since the latest post about the mission was here. 

Any help? 

No. Nothing with the wind. There's a single code line, that makes initial ground fog disperse in time, that's all in the scripts. 

• Like 1

I think it was my Ace Weather option being enabled. Turned that off and everything was quiet and peaceful. 

On 7/2/2017 at 3:28 PM, major-stiffy said:

Yes, there is a 3 player version. Actually there is 3 player + 1 that is not playable in the group and can't be killed. He is used just to follow the group leader and command him as you wish as a backup spawn point if any players dies and doesn't have a spawn point. U can play as 2 player also just disable the 3rd player in the role assignment menu prior to starting the mission. Don't forget to set your parameters in the upper right corner also.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al4irMhnXznag05Mcc7E2O-XFPGq

Edit: The AI that's is not playable can not die.

Hello @major-stiffy (or anyone who may be able to help),

I am currently playing the 3-player COOP Malden version in the link above (Malden_Pilgrimage_195D3_3COOP.Malden.pbo) on a dedicated server with a friend, but we are having a couple of issues:

1. When done playing a session and quitting Arma, we can resume the mission from where we started only if I do not stop the server. If I restart the server, when we join in the mission starts over from the beginning. I have tried this both with persistent = 0; and persistent = 1; in the Server.cfg settings. Is there a way to save the progress if we stop the server?

2. We never see the setup screen with the initial mission parameters when starting the mission. Is it possible to set them before beginning from within the game?

The Server.cfg we are using is below.

Thank you for any help!

//
// server.cfg
//

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "Pilgrimage Coop - Malden";
password = "REDACTED";
passwordAdmin = "REDACTED";
serverCommandPassword = "REDACTED";

logFile = "server_console.log";

motd[] = {"Good day!"};
motdInterval = 5;
maxPlayers = 4;
kickDuplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 0;
equalModRequired = 0;
allowedFilePatching = 2;
filePatchingExceptions[] = {"123456789","987654321"};

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;
voteThreshold = 0.33;

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0;
vonCodec = 1;
vonCodecQuality = 30;
persistent = 0; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.
timeStampFormat = "short";
BattlEye = 0;
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};)
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {"htm","html","xml","txt"};

// TIMEOUTS
disconnectTimeout = 5;
maxDesync = 150;
maxPing= 200;
maxPacketLoss= 50;
kickClientsOnSlowNetwork[] = { 0, 0, 0, 0 };
kickTimeout[] = { {0, -1}, {1, 180}, {2, 180}, {3, 180} };
votingTimeOut[] = {60, 90};
roleTimeOut[] = {90, 120};
briefingTimeOut[] = {60, 90};
debriefingTimeOut[] = {45, 60};
lobbyIdleTimeout = 300;

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
doubleIdDetected = "";

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
randomMissionOrder = true;
autoSelectMission = true;

// An empty Missions class means there will be no mission rotation
class Missions
{
    class MaldenPilgrimage3playerCoop // https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/208892-pilgrimage-ported/
    {
        template = Malden_Pilgrimage_195D3_3COOP.Malden;
        difficulty = "Custom";
        class Params {
          loadSave = 1;
          autoSave = 1;
        };
    };
};

missionWhitelist[] = {};

8 hours ago, BulletsNotMyFavourite said:

2. We never see the setup screen with the initial mission parameters when starting the mission. Is it possible to set them before beginning from within the game?

Are you clicking on the parameters?

MP.jpgfile image hosting

I've never played this on a dedicated server, we always had one player host and were able to continue from a save. Sorry can't help you.

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

Are you clicking on the parameters?

I've never played this on a dedicated server, we always had one player host and were able to continue from a save. Sorry can't help you. 

Thank you — I had missed the parameters button on the top-right in the beginning.

Regarding the save, I will continue looking for a solution. I wonder if the server overwrites the save file when you stop it and start it again. I will try renaming the save file before starting the server again to see if it works.

I have not managed to sort this out yet, but did find this information about saving data in profileNamespaces which seems it may help, and also the following code in the Antistasi coop mission, which does successfully save and load user data between server restarts:

initServer.sqf

params.hpp (part of what compiles to description.ext)

If I find a solution to this issue of losing the Pilgrimage Coop mission progress when stopping and starting a dedicated server I will come back here with it.

Edited by BulletsNotMyFavourite
Added link
  • Like 2

This is COOP 😁

Wait for it............

👍👍👍😁

To our friend Titus-Groan, thanks for being such a class act. May you find peace brother.

For those who may not be aware, he had a great selection of play-throughs that deserve a look...

titusgroangaming/videos

Also, here is his Steam page where you can say your final good-byes

titusgroangaming on Steam

• Like 1

Wow, never knew anything about him til you guys mentioned him here,  its sad to read about

a member's passing, according to the comments on his last video of his channel

Sorry to inform you, Andrew passed away 7th Nov 2019. This was his last video, thanks for your support.

He has a younger brother who has replied to the comments on his last video.

I know this is somewhat off topic here being Rydygier's mission and were talking about this, but

even though i never met, or knew the guy or have seen any of his videos til now, i feel like i had lost someone myself from the community

maybe not as influential or well known as say Bushlurker or another member, regardless there is an empty spot here.

Its an interesting idea of losing someone and being sad for them when we have no blood relation to them.

i think its not so much as one is a member of the community a player of the game we all love, and to some its meaningless in general

as its "just a game"    no ... its not, joy, and happiness be it for something or for someone is about the meaning you take from and give it, the context

of that is on its own accord.

Hell i feel sad when some of the regular members on the forums i used to pm all the time, or talk to on steam, some being fans of their missions, mods, scripts

ect, are just not on the forums anymore, and trying to contact them is almost like as if they really did die.

I miss them whether my relation, my time i spent talking about whatever was small or alot, i miss their presences, i miss the fact that we all to a minute, or larger

level shared an experience of the games in this series, we all shared an enthusiasm, a joy, a creative level to each their own, and when one passes away

one feels a heartfelt loss, when one is no longer on the forums, and for months to years there is ... a feeling of a loss there.

I always try to appreciate those who are here and participate, create, and do their thing, we will all die, and or leave one day thats just life, but lets enjoy

and appreciate the experience of the moment when we are in them with whomever. Back to Pilgrimage.  Cheers!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

For those who may not be aware, he had a great selection of play-throughs that deserve a look...

titusgroangaming/videos

Spent last night watching through his Pilgrimage Malden playthrough.

Sadly missed.

Abandoned vehicles:

In SP & MP if I find an abandoned vehicle it stays blue on the map screen even when I'm not inside it. So the enemy makes a B line for it to try and destroy it. I spend my time trying to defend it. Anyone else seeing this?

It might be VcomAI mod, I'll have to test it.

• Like 1

Tested with no mods on ported mission in Malden (does it on all maps). Still happens. Game breaker. 😞

Arma3-x64-2021-02-14-10-56-59-063.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

Abandoned vehicles:

In SP & MP if I find an abandoned vehicle it stays blue on the map screen even when I'm not inside it. So the enemy makes a B line for it to try and destroy it. I spend my time trying to defend it. Anyone else seeing this?

It might be VcomAI mod, I'll have to test it.

It happens to me and I don't use VComAI. It's a nightmare with the gunship. I think it's to do with being spotted by enemy and has a timeout on the map the same as if you had spotted enemy with their markers. It's no longer sufficient to break line of sight for them to forget about your vehicle. I have to hide it in thick trees or inside a building to be safe. I don't like to lose my hard earned mobile arsenal. The other alternative is to kill all the enemies in the area.