Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Hi,

That "shop" thingy (NPC vendors) is a feature if 1.95 or it was already there in the 1.95betas ? In all my playthroughs I never saw it, but then I tried using the minimum of civilians. Now, if I start a playthrough with Major Stiffy's Tembelan port, that is still v1.95beta1, should I try and find the shop?

Thanks.

First - the lower civilian density, the lower chance for meeting a vendor. It is pretty rare for high density, the more it may be not seen even once for low density. 

Some probability explanations:

which means one seller per 178 civilians statistically

Second - it was introduced in beta 5. 

1 hour ago, neofit said:

Hi,

That "shop" thingy (NPC vendors) is a feature if 1.95 or it was already there in the 1.95betas ? In all my playthroughs I never saw it, but then I tried using the minimum of civilians. Now, if I start a playthrough with Major Stiffy's Tembelan port, that is still v1.95beta1, should I try and find the shop?

Thanks.

The vendors will not be in the Tembelan port as that used the old version of Pilgrimage which hasn’t been updated.

Tiny update: 1.951. Changelog:

- fixed: if mission starts at night,  always should be given SMG compatible with added flashlight (normal difficulty). 

Not counting version number, the only change was made in the JRInit.sqf, at this line:

if ((daytime < 4.5) or (daytime > 19)) then

into:

if ((RYD_JR_Daytime < 4.5) or (RYD_JR_Daytime > 19)) then

• Like 1

Hey, after solving my GPU crash problems which prevented me from playing every slightly demanding 3D game, now everything is solved and my GTX970 replacement works smooth AF (AMD now... RX-580). So great to revisit ArmA. Playing your mission, it is so much fun. Playing with some mods and scripts I wrote over time.

E.g.

- A script that automatically heals the player slowly. Well, I'm a bloody SP cheater.

- A script which lets enemy units accidentally shoot at times. More life... and a way to notice them.

- A script which alters AI units skills to low values, but also makes some of them super soldiers (which wear fancy VR uniforms) at times.

etc

Just here to thank you for your continuous mission support.

• Like 2

I was wondering why you included Blufor in your FFE. My only guess is maybe if your reputation is high enough, they might shell your enemies for you?

You mean blufor classes for arty etc? It's just default part of FFE mod, I pasted that mod "as is", had no reason to remove blufor from it. IIRC there's no AI blufor arty in Pilgrimage... unless you play with some mod, that will add it, then FFE indeed may utilize it against blufor enemies. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2019 at 2:14 PM, Rydygier said:

Tiny update: 1.951. Changelog:

- fixed: if mission starts at night,  always should be given SMG compatible with added flashlight (normal difficulty). 

Not counting version number, the only change was made in the JRInit.sqf, at this line:

if ((daytime < 4.5) or (daytime > 19)) then

into:

Speaking of SMGs, is there a chance you'll add Protector 9 mm as one of possible stating weapons? It requires Apex, so I'm not sure if that would be a problem.
Arma3-render-protector.png

Yep, APEX requirement is a problem. Still, if you use open folder Pilgrimage, you can add this SMG for yourself. Should be easy enough. To do so, modify accordingly SMG classnames, you'll find around exactly same lines of JRInit.sqf, you quoted here:

_weapArr = [["hgun_PDW2000_F",["30Rnd_9x21_Mag"]],["SMG_01_F",["30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01"]],["SMG_02_F",["30Rnd_9x21_Mag"]]];

{
	_weapArr = [["SMG_02_F",["30Rnd_9x21_Mag"]]];
	};

Simpliest would be to replace one or all SMG classes with desired one (mag class too, if different is used). Or add new entry to the array. Second array with only one SMG (able to hold flashlight) is for night start. 

I have been running some tests on the Cambodia port and I have noticed that every once in a while I see default ArmA assets. Sometimes a vehicle, sometimes a "asian"Ai with a default weapon. I'm wondering if the latest patch might have an effect on that blacklist function. Also, should the blacklist function action take place in the init,...before the JRInit executes?

Secondly

It has been quite a while but when I take all of the blacklist commands and look at them together I see they vary in script. I can't remember if you gave some to me and maybe I found one or two but I want to know what you think is the best way way to write them. Since your update, I wonder too if the location of these scripts might change.

if ((toLower _class) in _myWeaponBlackList) exitWith {};
 if ((toLower _class) in _myAmmoBlackList) exitWith {};
 if (_lowClass in _myVehBlackList) exitWith {};
 if ((toLower (configName _class)) in _myGroupBlackList) exitWith {};
 if ((toLower _fc) in _myFactionBlackList) exitWith {};

They all sorta say the same thing but are def' varied.

Once again, thanks for the nudges in the right direction!

Blacklists wasn't touched in any way, couldn't be, as these lines aren't even present in vanilla Pilgrimage (did I provide you these lines for your ports? Don't even remember...). Also shouldn't be touched, if worked earlier, 1.951 change is tiny and has nothing to do with this. 

Their names vary, because each serves for different type of assets, as names suggest, so it uses various blacklist arrays and in different parts of the script.

I believe so at least, as said, I do not remember this code, would need to see whole thing. 

Just be sure, everything you put into proper blacklist array and always all lower case. And so there's indeed everything, you wish to blacklist included. 

Are helicopters predefined to always be the same?

Can they be changed it using addons?
Thank you for the great mission.

Predefined array of two classes. Can be changed via Pilgrimage code editing. If you're willing to do so, find this in th JRInit.sqf and put classes of your choice instead of/apart from current content of this array:

RYD_JR_Choppers = 
	[
	"O_Heli_Attack_02_F",
	"O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F"
	];

Line 348, JRInit.sqf. Code will pick one of them at random. 

Rydygier

Is my player complaining about critical damage due to your code or is it vanilla Arma? The vehicle is shown fully repaired.

damage.jpg

I don't see, how Pilgrimage code could make AI complain about critical damage in perfectly OK appearing vehicle, no. 

11 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Rydygier

Is my player complaining about critical damage due to your code or is it vanilla Arma? The vehicle is shown fully repaired.

I get that too, but I also use TPW repair, so I drive it to a local garage and a man has a look at it for me. That usually sorts it out. 

Ryd,

If by chance you make another update down the road I have one request if possible.

When I hitch hike, have option not to bring companion with me. Most times I make him stay put where he is unless needed. He's safely hidden usually.

Also, I ported Beketov. I found boats at a pier near that town. I assume your scripts are searching for piers to spawn abandoned boats. If I place piers at locations in the editor that are not native to the terrain, will your scripts see those also? Is there certain piers required?

Thanks

I don't know. Never tested that command with editor-placed "houses". Test if you wish and tell me. 🙂

At the moment no further Pilgrimage version in plans, sadly. If/when there will appear such plan, I wonder, how to make happen, what you request. I would like not to complicate hitch-hiking procedure, but perhaps instead there could be an action on your companion switching, if he should go with Alex or stay. Or perhaps even simplier, no any actions, but he'll stay, if ordered not to follow (assuming, I'll find a command detecting that, I'm unsure about that). 

Yea I can test. Thought you might remember off the top of your head. It's only been 5 years.😜 😁

Thanks

Just an FYI. None spawned at editor placed piers and some boats spawned where there was no piers. Some boats spawned at native placed piers. This is random generated at each mission it appears.

So, players now know boats can spawn any place there is water on this particular terrain.

The reason for doing this was a bunch of boats spawned at a pier near Beketov city which at first glance appeared to be the only place on the terrain.

• Thanks 1

Water of certain depth and usually any kind of "house" just at the water - which usually means piers. Used expression for selectBestPlaces looks like this:

_expression = "((waterDepth factor [1,1.4])/(1 + waterDepth)) * ((randomGen(houses factor [0.1,0.6]))/(1 + houses))";

In other words, algorithm prefers depth 1-1.4, the closer to 1.4, the better, but the choice is affected in random-per-point degree by presence of any kind of building close enough. The trick was to keep positions deep enough to make boat float, but shallow enough to allow getting inside without swimming, and with tendency to be located close to the piers, but not colliding with them. Thing is, after one of game updates code became too intensive with high accuracy for Altis, which lead to game crash. This was solved by lowering the accuracy, but this mean, now boat sometimes will collide with a pier or even land on it. 

Hello Guys

I made two GM - Weferlingen "Pilgrimage" missions (beta test ), just finished a few hours ago and barely tested.

if you want to test/play with it.

boat replaced by a Car,

N, E, W, S or Random spawning points
Mission should be completed once you put the body into  your spawning car

ltKc4O.png

Here on Google drive 

one is standard Pilgrimage mission

the other one is a RHS custom mod.

booth are latest 1.95 release version  with my usual upgrades (included INCOGNITO mod, Holster weapon, push car.... ect.)

might have some errors or mistakes as I made it quick.

enjoy !!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4