Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Speeding past a full AAF squad smiling that I managed to escape alive and not damaged then...

N7YDSoj.jpg

Titan AT Missile!!! :down::icon13:

• Haha 2

I found the " shop".....

nQVI05.jpg

Ej8ePY.jpg
IPLCTj.jpg

the guy offer a few stuff you'll pay for
then all appear in a box where you can pick up what you just bought

Su3458.jpg
nk822v.jpg

otherwise,  still boats spawning problems in kavala...

Boats are flying in the sky upon Kavala's harbour.

CDu2i4.jpg
pnlbnVx7j

Hovering boats? Thing is, if you place a boat (or any vehicle) midair, it will fall. Or at least it should. If not - game bug. Another question is, how did these boats get there. Once, boats was placed precisely, where should be. But after one of game updates code responsible for that started to cause CTDs on some PCs. To prevent that, had to reduce precision of that code. As the result, some boats end not at the pierce but on it. That was OK. But levitating boats are new thing for me. Maybe they collided with something and then bug kick in throwing them in the air? Hard to tell. One possible remedy would be a code run some time after game init, that just deletes all boats above sea/land surface assuming, this happens once, at initial boat placement. 

• Like 1

all of those boats are "abandonned" vehicles.
some are on the pierce in Kavala's harbor, some are levitating mid air.

I have no clue how it is possible as, as you said, objects should fall down.

but here they are...

not really a matter, just funny thing.

the Mi-48 was called there , I wanted to see if it will collide with one of the boats but no.... should have been nice as I had no AA missile :tounge_o:

Is there a certain percent of civilians required at mission start to get the shop to show? I use 10% at a distance of 600.

No certain value, just >0, but of course, the more civilians, the bigger chance. Radius doesn't affect that directly, but with low radius easier to spot special civilians around, because all of them are close. But it gets crowdy and weird then, I play with max amount and max radius for example. 10% means ten times lower chance than for 100%. Exact calculation per civ is complex:

As long, there's less than 6 of "blue mark" civs around, chance for one per each civilian is 5-25% depending on reputation, tested once per civ, when you'll be closer, than 100 meters from him. Amongst each of "blue mark" civs in 1000 meters radius around may be at once up to one doctor, one mechanic and seller, where for each of "blue mark" chance to become one of service providers is 0-50% depending on reputation (0 for extremely low rep, <-125). Then it is tested, which service exactly: 70% for the doctor, 15% for mechanic and finally another 15% for the seller, if there's no this kind of service around.

Simplifying, for reputation neutral, 0, there's (0.15x0.25x0.15)x100%= 0,5625% chance for each civilian to become a seller, which means one seller per 178 civilians statistically. Designated service provider will become a seller also if there's already one doctor and one mechanic, thus probablity will be a bit higher if I'm not mistaken. 

• Like 1

I want to expand on the issue of hovering aircraft and exploding vehicles. Since rsoftokz mentioned it and Rydygier weighed in on it, I realize that maybe there might be something to this. The only reason I haven't brought it up was because I use quite a few mods. So here is what I have seen just to add to the mix.

Altis:

Moving along I heard an explosion or two, Turned quickly to look, and saw a burning vehicle flying skyward to maybe 300 or 400 meters then crashing back to the ground. another time it was 2 or 3 vehicles. I have a question that comes to mind. Do abandoned vehicles only spawn at a given distance around the player? I realize that if you spend ff to acquire information about an abandoned vehicle it could be say 10 km away but does the vehicle in it's physical form actually spawn there or does it wait 'till the player gets closer?

Another time I was traveling in my (spawn) boat and made my way to a pier in Kavala. I saw 2 jets at about 300 or 400 meters up but just stuck there.

Yet another time I could see the faint marker that shows an abandoned vehicle. I could tell it was probably a boat and as I topped a hill to look down, I did see that it was a boat but it was in the water beside the pier, upside down and in the water.

Lastly, Still talking about the marker that identifies an abandoned vehicle, I am now seeing this marker attached to an active vehicle,...in motion. I do want to mention that I have messed around and added a few vehicle patrols that follow a given route here and there. I wonder if these added patrols might be seen as something outside of your mission and gets labelled as abandoned.

57 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

I have messed around and added a few vehicle patrols that follow a given route here and there. I wonder if these added patrols might be seen as something outside of your mission and gets labelled as abandoned.

I've played a few missions with the latest update and not had a problem with abandoned vehicles. I've had some damaged boats and some boats on dry land. The boat doesn't have to be in water to load the body and finish the mission.

I have also had some chapels floating in the air, with my own ported missions where the chapels have been added manually. I've had to go round and put them back on the ground.. That was with vanilla Arma and just the map mod.

Do abandoned vehicles only spawn at a given distance around the player? 

No. All abandoned vehicles are pre-placed across whole map at the mission init. What is happening depending on distance from the player, is caching/uncaching. Also, the issue here is specific for boats, that have own, different piece of placement code. What you describing, resembles a problem, where some dynamic spawn code doesn't guarantee, each vehicle, it spawns, will get own piece of free land, thus for more, than one may be chosen same position to spawn or the spawn location isn't free, and spawned vehicle is violently colliding with the map object. I didn't see such issue for Pigrimage's own spawns, namely Ambient Combat. 

I saw 2 jets at about 300 or 400 meters up but just stuck there.

Jets obviously must come from the mods or custom port, no jets in Pilgrimage, but the bug seems the same, if they stuck mid air. 

Damaged/grounded boats from the other hand are quite possible and saw that many times too since I had to reducue precision of boats placement. 

I wonder if these added patrols might be seen as something outside of your mission and gets labelled as abandoned.

No. Only actual abandoned vehicles get 3D icons. For example, empty cars from TPW's have no such icons on them. 

I am now seeing this marker attached to an active vehicle,...in motion. 

The only explanation, I see, is some AI mod, that makes AIs to seize any empty vehicle around. 

9 hours ago, Rydygier said:

The only explanation, I see, is some AI mod, that makes AIs to seize any empty vehicle around. 

Ah, VComAI  I will check this out and let you know.

What a cool twist, AI stealing abandoned vehicles!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

VComAI

Indeed !

It's not about stealing !

Founders keepers !

It's a nice feature of VCOMAI.

• Haha 1

Now if only I can remember to lock mine every time I leave it somewhere. Always seem to forget but so far I managed to keep it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Now if only I can remember to lock mine every time I leave it somewhere.

Is it existing in the mission a lock vehicle script?

If yes can you check if the ai will still take it?

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

No, it's an add-on I found for a scroll wheel action to lock or unlock vehicles.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=333

• Thanks 1

Something I have noticed recently is that, if you get a NATO UAV terminal (The stuff sellers are good for that), if you take control of the UGV it has often run out of fuel by the time you do. I think this is because BI changed the rate that fuel is used up so that you have to re-fuel. 

Correcting that should be easy enough. That is, if we want to consider this a problem. It makes Stomper less threatening, but it's kinda realistic. Still, I would correct that some day, if there will be enough todos for an update. 

5 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Correcting that should be easy enough. That is, if we want to consider this a problem. It makes Stomper less threatening, but it's kinda realistic. Still, I would correct that some day, if there will be enough todos for an update. 

My current vehicle is a fuel truck so refuelling is not a problem, but I have to decide whether it is worth it. It’s a long way south so I will have to fight my way to it. I think I may just destroy it instead.

In all my playthroughs, I only found the UAV once while the Stomper was still alive. Every other time, either the AI killed it or I did. Is it possible  you'd like to use some Ravage mods that allow for refueling vehicles with a gas can? 

Hi Guys

Merry Christmas to all of you

from my special location of" Pilgrimage in real Life "

jikoTC.jpg

Fy6dUk.jpg

might be the chopper burning down on this one ... or an armoured vehicle, or maybe the UGV ???????

Ihu2Ap.jpg

Me17lU.jpg

5L9GlE.jpg

kESMXm.jpg

Grapewines fields on Malden
AqUdHp.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you. Fantastic arma-like landscapes!