Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

8 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Another time I unpacked there was no fire pit at all.

Unpacked it again, I can hear the fire sound but no fire.

8 hours ago, Rydygier said:

may be a terrain/object glitch

Might be but at 3 different locations?

12 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

I can hear the fire sound but no fire.

I've encountered this on previous versions

OK, I think I found it and it is awesome!

So congrats, you found it! The hidden feature is requested several times long time ago stuff sellers. Earlier I was like "nope", but now suddenly I felt like "why not"? 

How it works: it is one of the services, along with doctors and mechanics. A "serviceman" may become a "blue exclamation" civilian, so along with intel action, he gets service action. Thus, probablility of encountering one depends on reputation and civilian population settings, but there will be never more, than one per kind per 1000 radius area. Amongst services most common are doctors (as most desired), 70%. Mechanics and sellers - 15% each. "Lore"-wise, sellers are scavengers, that live from looting battlefields etc. They will not buy anything from you, but have some selection of the stuff to sell for the higer price, than you can get by selling same thing via ADM. 

Now, as for your questions, as all "blue-ex" civilians, these aren't permanent. If you go far away and return, you'll not meet this guy again, although there may be present another one. Each one has own, pre-randomized selection of the stuff taken from the same pool, all the loot comes, but there's warranty of at least one (usually few to several) weapons with some proper mags, one (typically few to several) other ammunition and one (several) other items. As long you're around, you can return to him and trade again. Bought stuff is then spawned in a 3D-marked box around. Not most elegant, but technically most reliable way, I figured out. Placing stuff directly into player's inventory was more complex and not reliable due to limited space there. Each trade session means new box. Despite all precautions, i took, I advice to not multiply boxes too high, if colliding, they may fly around a bit and hurt people.  It shouldn't happen due to implemented safe code, but... Emptied box disappeares. Anyway, these boxes aren't cached, but will be deleted, if you go farther, than 500 meters from them to keep map clean (someone took the stuff, you recklessly left...).  

Might be but at 3 different locations?

Certainly, if this is object glitch, or at each point terrain shares same relevant characteristics. I didn't touch that part of the code quite long time, I'll check this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another time I unpacked there was no fire pit at all

It's all right, found it:

Spoiler

Flying_CP.jpg

:) Checked the code, and this clearly seems to be some glitch. I'll check, if a workaround is possible. EDIT: well, seems, isFlatEmpty returns ASL, not ATL. After height change to 0  issue seems fixed. Also, as I hope, not owned DLC vehicles should be excluded also amongst AI patrols. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rydygier said:

It's all right, found it:

Noob  :tounge2::teeth:

Good luck with the DLC shit.

Question about civilians.

I was hurt to the point of moaning but had no action to heal myself (or flower on the screen). Approached a civy who was medic, scrolled mouse wheel hoping to get action for heal but was not there. True that I was not hurt enough? Action to heal is scroll mouse wheel?

I haven't played with civy's in quite some time so I don't know.

13 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Question about civilians.

I was hurt to the point of moaning but had no action to heal myself (or flower on the screen). Approached a civy who was medic, scrolled mouse wheel hoping to get action for heal but was not there. True that I was not hurt enough? Action to heal is scroll mouse wheel?

I haven't played with civy's in quite some time so I don't know.

I think medics and engineers don't offer their services if there are enemies nearby.

• Like 1

Yes, services actions, "Pay for medical attention" too, are visible only, if no enemy knows about you and Alex don't know about any enemy. 

• Like 1

On 2.08.2018 at 7:08 PM, Rydygier said:

OK.

This: 

configSourceMod (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "B_AFV_Wheeled_01_cannon_F");

returns "tank", so succeeds, where "DLC" entry way fails. Promising. Still in worse case, free DLC content, if any, will be sifted together with actually paid. 

BTW was testing something requiring ACE mod, and noticed, that ACE changes DLC adherence returned by above code for many stuff to "@ace". That may and rather will make owned DLC filter not filtering properly. Just be awared. I admit, I don't like such... recklessly intrusive ideas in the mods. One need to be careful with them, too easy to break something elsewhere. Unless it is out of author's control.  

Hey guys,

I understand that CO-OP is not the focus of development on this mission, but I'd love to help playtest. Only problem is, I can't even get past the first "movie" when attempting to launch the mission in MP. So first of all, I can;t extend any of the drop-down menus; but further, the camera remains stuck on a single view of the landscape, where the intro logo would flash before mission start. Can't enter the pause menu, can't use any script-override functions, just completely locks my game up.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Hey. Thanks a lot for the will of playtesting. :)

Frankly - no idea. I only know, I can launch TADST to set dedicated server session with newest 1.95coop_wip9c put into MPMissions in the A3 main directory, then run Arma 3, join that session and it starts properly, although, as for known issues, being client-side I see no yellow actions nor ADM messages. I bet, there's more errors later, especially after latest changes, but for sure I can start it and play it, all works as usual. 

• Like 1

Will popping the mission folder into the MPMissions folder do? I ought to know this, but it's been a while since I've manually managed mods and stuff in this game.

Will popping the mission folder into the MPMissions folder do?

Works for me (MPMissions folder in the main game directory, that is)...

If you do another release can you mix up spawn point locations to help get it fresh. I've changed to...

Reviewed these positions (thanks BTW), and picked 5 of them. I have certain conditions, that position must met to be considered good enough. Mostly - has to be far enough from any point, where enemy may spawn. That means locations (named and hills) and any crossroads, T or X kind alike. Assumed >300 meters minimum. Optimally not exposed from afar, but rather shielded by terrain. Still, should be close enough to some road, to allow convenient hitch-hiking for less patient players. So, these five met such conditions well enough. As for the rest - IMHO are too risky. Apart from that note, in the "R" part some of them you have doubled. If you're interested, the chosen are:

[[28329,25187,0],[28347,25187,0]],
[[15372,22424,0],[15383,22442,0]],
[[2701,22079,0],[2687,22057,0]],
[[25704,19497,0],[25718,19483,0]],
[[15817,11393,0],[15835,11453,0]]

So, enough of betas. Pilgrimage 1.95 released. Links:

Dropbox via OrangeDox (1.95)

Dropbox via Orangedox (1.95 open Altis) - open folder

Dropbox (1.95coop_wip10)

Changelog since 1.94:

- content from not owned DLC shouldn't be spawned as loot, vehicles or AI units (some mods altering vanilla content may break that filter);

- redone inspecting vehicle (each part treated separatelly insted of damage/setDamage approach, no FF taken, if inspecting not possible);

- updated credits;

- doctors, mechanics, and traders may be encountered as sub-type of "blue exclamation" civilian depending on reputation;

- 5 new starting locations for Altis (thanks to major-stiffy);

- redone visuals of ADM messages;

- added green exclamation mark 3D icon to indicate recruitable POWs positions at strongholds;

- various fixes and improvements.

Workshop entries updated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

in the "R" part some of them you have doubled

Oops.

Hi there!

I've had a quick scan through of the previous 149 pages here, and I couldn't see any mentions of it, however I cannae seem to figure out what the best way to disable hostile vehicles (IFVs, MBTs etc). I still remember playing this back during the MANW days, & going back to it lately has been a ton of fun! Main issue I'm having, is that the AI just love to curbstomp me with armour, every 15/20 minutes.

I'm curious to see how the gameplay would progress if I could keep the spawns to dismounted infantry/mounted emplacements.

Any help would be appreciated, it's a fantastic gamemode, it's just frustrating when Arma AI is well.. Doing it's usual to me. :P

Hi. The only such dynamic spawns in Pilgrimage may originate either from Ambient Combat or external mod. As for Ambient Combat, most of the spawns are infantry, and intensity can be changed (or turned off) in the mission's main menu GUI settings. Other than that, there are typically few to several armored/motorized patrols across the map, each with own route and some armored presence at the Strongholds/chosen airfields, but these are persistent, not dynamically spawned around the player. Yes, if player is discovered, enemy may sometimes call such patrol after you as the support, then it will be redirected temporarily. But this is rare, certainly not every 15 minutes.  In this case, you can also lower down general enemy presence on the map (garrisons). 

But first be sure, these armored forces doesn't originate from some other active mod, then check Ambient Combat settings...

11 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

there are typically few to several armored/motorized patrols across the map, each with own route and some armored presence at the Strongholds/chosen airfields, but these are persistent, not dynamically spawned around the player. Yes, if player is discovered, enemy may sometimes call such patrol after you as the support, then it will be redirected temporarily. But this is rare, certainly not every 15 minutes.

Appreciate the quick response! Over the last Bornholm playthrough, I encountered in between 18-20 BTRs & T72s from the RHS AFRF mod, plus 14-16 Ifrit GMG/HMGs in the space of 3 hours 40 minutes. It sounds extreme, but that was honestly how confusing it was; Previously, I'd have run into perhaps 3-6 Ifrits in the same space of time. 

More than likely, it may be a mod issue, I'll have a look into whether RHS is causing the major build-up of armoured units. As a side note, it appeared that the vast majority of BTRs & T72s were arriving in response to engagements between myself & AAF Patrols, whilst the Ifrits were mostly confined to either camps or from spending too long in cities.

My modlist is fairly short, just containing CBA_A3, RHSUSAF, RHSAFRF, Bornholm, JSRS & Blastcore: Phoenix

There's only so many AT rounds & launchers that I can carry about in my Bergen, so it was rather hectic! Hopefully the next playthrough will be a bit calmer. :P

Hm. I wonder, how many vehicles RHS groups consists of. Your mod list AFAIK excludes mod-originating spawns. 

EDIT: in fact, IIRC, there's no direct limit of vehicle groups spawned as garrisons in the code. The small chance of such group is randomized per each garrison group for every city location and (with lower chance) for smaller towns/villages, but not for smallest settlement locations (brown names), except "military", so typically, there's not much such groups, because there's not much such locations on the map. I've run Bornholm port in debug mode three times with 100% garrisons. First - one motorized group. Second - none. Third - three of them. None armored, but in the extreme case could be up to several armored groups. The chance for such randomization is tiny, but... 

I gave the latest Altis SP a go and did not encounter any issues. I did not find the shop though. :down:

Hi Guys...

long time no see nor talk with your here.

I moved several months ago from home  and I didn't have much time to find an internet connexion where I live until... now.

just want to say hello and leave you some pictures of the special place where I am .....

that will certainly remind you about a place we all love....

hope to come back soon

Rsoftokz

pl9O2NKgj

poykpOytj

pmQiO2O8j

pljrEtS6j

pn6VJb3Mj

po41qo1cj

pnBgYlPgj

plx0OaVsj

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rsoftokz said: