Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

12 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

I found a reason, weird one. Well, my code checks item's config entry "DLC", that for DLC stuff, as I assumed after checking many of them, holds a name of DLC, it requires. Vanilla stuff, as I saw, doesn't have DLC config entry. This way (well, it's a bit more complex) my code distinguish vanilla from non-vanilla and from which DLC given object is. 

Hi Rydygier,

maybe this command helps: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/modParams :

_modSource = modParams [<class of object>, ["name"]];

Cheers,

TeTeT

Hi, thanks, I'll check it, one of the commands introduced, when I was looking elsewhere. BTW I wonder, if my or any other way allows to distinguish between free part of DLC stuff and the part hidden behind a paywall... 

_modSource = modParams [<class of object>, ["name"]];

Is it indeed useable this way, with object class? In the description I see there only name of the mod (CfgMods class), not object class. Also this looks promising: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/configSourceMod

55 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Is this empty vehicle?

Yes and shown as abandoned. (blue circle).

OK.

This: 

configSourceMod (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "B_AFV_Wheeled_01_cannon_F");

returns "tank", so succeeds, where "DLC" entry way fails. Promising. Still in worse case, free DLC content, if any, will be sifted together with actually paid. 

18 hours ago, alky_lee said:

...Doctors seem to be too rare, especially when you are suffering from the breathing sounds that you can't get away from. ...

Hello to all pilgrimage!

I have one method

file
JR_fnc.sqf
Replace string

RYD_JR_Wait = 
	{
	if (RYD_JR_inStealth) exitWith {hint "You can't wait - enemies nearby."};

RYD_JR_isWaiting = true;
	_health = (floor((1 - (damage player)) * 1000))/10;   //Health in % from 0 to 100
	_items = items player;
	_txt = format ["Waiting...Health %1%2",_health,'%'];
	if ("FirstAidKit" in _items) then
		{
		if ((_health >= 75) and  (_health < 100)) then 
			{
			player setDamage 0;
			player removeItem "FirstAidKit";
			//player addItemToBackpack "FirstAidKit";
			_health = 100;   //100%
			}
		};
	//_txt = format ["Waiting...Health %1 %",_health];
	0.5 fadeSound 0;
	TitleText [_txt,"BLACK OUT",0.55];
	sleep 1;
	skipTime 1;
	0.5 fadeSound 1;
	TitleText [_txt,"BLACK IN",0.55];
	_txt = format ["One hour later...Health %1%2",_health,'%'];
	sleep 0.6;
	TitleText [_txt,"PLAIN",0.55];

RYD_JR_isWaiting = false;
	};

17 hours ago, Rydygier said:

and reworked vehicle inspecting, so no more one red tire indicator changed into orange everything etc. (no longer based on damage/setDamage).

Was playing a bit more and shot the passenger side tires out of a Strider, killed AI, repaired for 1000 twice and tires are orange. Wheels are inflated. Might your changes affected the steering? The Strider pulls really hard to the right, hard to keep straight, don't recall this being a big issue before.. The two passenger side tires are partially sunk in the road the driver side are not when parked.

If not I assume I simply need a repair kit or it's a Arma thing. I'm on the latest version of Arma.

repaired for 1000 twice and tires are orange

That's OK. Amount of reduced damage wasn't changed, so even few times may be not enough, if part was seriously damaged and rolls not so lucky. The change is, now it is randomized and applied to each part separatelly. Previously code was using global vehicle damage as a base, reducing it, then applied globally new damage value to the vehicle. That could produce weird results, like one red indicator before and all orange after - one part repaired, but the rest damaged. Change's aim is to eliminate such results. 

Fankly not sure, how new way - applying reduced damage to each part separatelly, may affect steering. A theory: previously damage distribution after repair was even (?), so each tire was damaged equally, now it isn't the case. Perhaps pulling to a side is a result of different tires being damaged in different degree? I'll try to test that. 

Tested using Hunter. Steering behavior, you described, appears, when at least one tire of the one side is damaged > 0.9. If you damage > 0.9 2 tires of two sides, their influence are mutually cancelled. Applying repair code doesn't affect that directly. But, if you repaired twice, it is unlikely, tires have still >0.9 of damage, unless you've played on HARD difficulty, where repairing effectiveness is ten times lower? As for the toolkit, on Difficulty below H having it during repairs boosts effectiveness x2, on H and above - x5. On HARD without toolkit effectiveness is reduced 1/10 comparing to lower Difficulty without the toolkit, while on VH and above - impossible without a toolkit. 

As for DLC issue, implemented alternative code based on:

configSourceMod (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "B_AFV_Wheeled_01_cannon_F");

(thanks again, TeTeT, I'm adding you to the credits :) )

and as far, as I can pretend in the script, I do not own DLCs, it seems to work - I see no DLC vehicles on the map nor DLC loot. Thing is, don't know if possible free content introduced with given DLC is kept, or filtered out too. I guess the latter is the case. 

Anyway, new betas with this change should be prepared soon.  

1.95 beta 4 ready for testing. Links:

Dropbox (1.95 beta4)

Dropbox (1.95 beta4 Altis) - open folder

DropBox (1.95coop wip9b)

Changes:

- alternative way of filtering DLC content (thanks to TeTeT, changes, where previous was + new function at the very end of JR_fnc.sqf);

- small tweaks in credits (depending on particular port);

- removed code error from the ports preventing proper placing of AI mortars (JRInit.sqf, below this line: _cl = ["I_Mortar_01_F","O_Mortar_01_F"]; Altis version not affected).

I see, coop still has serious issues, I've little patience for MP voodoo, but I'll have to do something about it after 1.95 release... 

• Like 1

Just an FYI, I was playing on normal.

I should be able to speed up testing the DLC changes if I use debug=true....right and play in the editor?

I'll try to test that way today.

Thanks, yes, debug will greatly speed up tests as for empty vehicles (used it today). Loot can be tested fairly quickly too in the editor, if you set AI hostile presence on 0 and use alt+LMB teleport. 

• Like 1

Dropbox (1.95 beta4 Altis) - open folder

Panning around the map and spawning at abandoned vehicles I did not see anything DLC. Looks like you fixed it.

As far as COOP, I wouldn't worry about it but that's your call.

Also, as far as spawning near other players in COOP when killed, I made a workaround for that using ADV_moveRespMarker.sqf.

Plus may want to take a peek at my COOP missions using this script as I made further tweaks.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al4irMhnXznahUBk-XATwTj29P-A

• Like 1

Nice to see the classic free roaming mission getting some fresh love.

Currently enjoying a new playthrough with some added elements from haleks Ravage mod, mostly the survival aspects. Having great fun!

1 hour ago, EO said:

Currently enjoying a new playthrough with some added elements from haleks Ravage mod, mostly the survival aspects.

Hi EO

would you care to share what you've done?

9 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

...would you care to share what you've done?

Spoiler

Pilgrimage settings...(edited to try and keep military/civilian aspects to a bare minimum) 

0Hhf3hE.jpg

Ravage Survival Module settings...(activates Health, Nutrition, Hydration systems) 

cBAiIre.jpg

Ravage Loot System settings...(adds Ravage survival loot to outdoor trashpiles, dumpsters etc)

bRO19XP.jpg

Ravage Settings module...(enabled holster function to utilize the Ravage "auto-walk" feature)

9QV0JIa.jpg

• Like 1

Beta 5 ready. Links:

Dropbox (1.95 beta5)

Dropbox (1.95 beta5 Altis) - open folder

1.95coop_wip9c

Changes:

- added green exclamation mark 3D icon to indicate recruitable POWs positions (a corrected code, I proposed in the Pilgrimage - ported thread);

- improved setting initial direction of the boat;

- blue-3D marked civilians offering special services will not loose their icons after asking them for the intel;

- ?.

The last one for now will stay unrevealed. A little surprise. :) I'll discuss technical details of it, after someone discover, what it is and show us a screenshot (reward - a satisfaction of being first one, who spotted this :) ). For now I'll say only, it is a new feature, nothing big, but should be nice for some players, statistically rather rare, but should be typically encountered at least once during a gameplay of average length, although it depends... 

As for changes locations, this time are too numerous and spread across several files to point each of them, instead I would recommend for ports authors to use some app for comparing two text files, like KDiff3 for example and compare files of this beta 5 with beta 4 files. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Rydygier said:

The last one for now will stay unrevealed.

Spoiler

Looks like you added a shop of some kind.

If you do another release can you mix up spawn point locations to help get it fresh. I've changed to...

Spoiler

case ("R") :
            {
            RYD_JR_Starting =
                [
                [[28329,25187,0],[28347,25187,0]],
                [[26082,23859,0],[26076,23872,0]],
                [[19926,20110,0],[19911,20116,0]],
                [[15372,22424,0],[15383,22442,0]],
                [[9725,22322,0],[9732,22339,0]],
                [[2701,22079,0],[2687,22057,0]],
                [[21652,9205,0],[21676,9217,0]],
                [[22798,13811,0],[22792,13825,0]],
                [[25704,19497,0],[25718,19483,0]],
                [[25704,19497,0],[25718,19483,0]],
                [[6269,10646,0],[6286,10638,0]],
                [[7893,7658,0],[7893,7672,0]],
                [[12469,12797,0],[12486,12799,0]],
                [[15817,11393,0],[15835,11453,0]],
                [[15817,11393,0],[15835,11453,0]]
                ];        
            };

case ("N") :
            {
            RYD_JR_Starting =
                [
                [[28329,25187,0],[28347,25187,0]],
                [[26082,23859,0],[26076,23872,0]],
                [[19926,20110,0],[19911,20116,0]],
                [[15372,22424,0],[15383,22442,0]],
                [[9725,22322,0],[9732,22339,0]],
                [[2701,22079,0],[2687,22057,0]]
                ];        
            };

case ("E") :
            {
            RYD_JR_Starting =
                [
                [[25704,19497,0],[25718,19483,0]]                
                ];        
            };

case ("S") :
            {
            RYD_JR_Starting =
                [
                [[15817,11393,0],[15835,11453,0]]
                ];        
            };

case ("W") :
            {
            RYD_JR_Starting =
                [
                [[3837,17165,0],[3823,17154,0]],
                [[3851,15517,0],[3837,15507,0]],
                [[3026,12363,0],[3024,12349,0]]

Also. Beta 5 SP mission.sqm is binaried. :down:

Nm, worked around it.

11 hours ago, Rydygier said:

The last one for now will stay unrevealed

Are Civilian population required?

12 hours ago, Rydygier said:

The last one for now will stay unrevealed. A little surprise. :) I'll discuss technical details of it, after someone discover, what it is and show us a screenshot (reward - a satisfaction of being first one, who spotted this :) ). For now I'll say only, it is a new feature, nothing big, but should be nice for some players, statistically rather rare, but should be typically encountered at least once during a gameplay of average length, although it depends... 

...Awesome,....just what we need keep this mission fresh.

btw, I don't even know if it has ever been mentioned, maybe a veeeery long time ago. Coop ending doesn't work. We can load the body but when we try to transfer to the (a) boat, it's a no go.

"A little surprise"

...SP or Coop,...or both?

I'm sure, there are more problems with COOP. New issues may appear after last, not tested in MP changes. Frankly, not sure, when this could improve, my feelings about MP scripting, aren't warmer, than earlier :) . 

Are Civilian population required?

Yes. I see, you already roughly guessed by checking the files, but let's wait for proper screenshots. :)

...SP or Coop,...or both?

SP for sure. if this work in COOP - I don't know. Code is there too, but... 

Ryd

2 things I've found so far in Beta 5.

I saw 2  T-140 Angara tanks occupied. I assume those are DLC?

One time I unpacked a hideout, the fire pit was about 2m above the ground. Another time I unpacked there was no fire pit at all. This shows no fire.

no_fire.jpg

Hm. 

configSourceMod (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "O_MBT_04_cannon_F");

returns properly - "tank", so Angara must be due to a gap in the my logic. If these was occupied, I know, where to look (AI patrol groups or Ambient Combat), thanks. Also I'll check these hideout fireplaces, but not sure, if I'll be able to fix this, may be a terrain/object glitch. Not touched this code lately, so if worked previously...

On 8/7/2018 at 2:58 PM, Rydygier said:

A little surprise. :)

OK, I think I found it and it is awesome!
(4 screenshots warning)

Spoiler

z456yfo.jpg

mhgQsgL.jpg
Just the thing that was missing :yay: Especially considering you're earning more money than you can spend very quickly.
QqsscR9.jpg
Now I can stop looting every city in hope of finding a better looking armor and uniform.
wNK6yZr.jpg

A few questions:

Spoiler

After we were done trading he walked out of the house but I was still able to initiate trading dialog. So are his services one time only? Should I try to buy everything I need because I might never see him again? I take it his inventory is completely random, correct?

On a different note I want to thank you Rydygier for this amazing scenario that keeps getting better and better. Out of 2k hours in game I'm pretty sure at least 1000 I spent in Pilgrimage and the ports (so shout out to Major Stiffy, Alky Lee and others!)

• Like 1