Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

I'll delete them if I can find how to do it. If I can't they will be removed when we clean up dead bodies and wrecks I assume.

At the same spot, where you delete the heli, add just before something like:

{deleteVehicle _x} foreach (crew Uh80_1);

Now, not sure, how it's currently with this, may be redundant, but just in case I would add also emptied group deletion, for example:

grp = group Uh80_1;{deleteVehicle _x} foreach (crew Uh80_1);deleteGroup grp;

unless parachuted belong to the same group. 

{deleteVehicle _x} foreach (crew Uh80_1); deleteVehicle UH80_1;

Worked, thanks mate.

Rydygier

Is it possible for you/we to make an addon/mod that can be used in other missions that shows a dead body crosses with an option to remove the crosses but not the dead bodies? I've looked through your scripts but couldn't quite nail it down.

I can remove the dead bodies using:

corpseRemovalMinTime =
corpseRemovalMaxTime =

One more :help:

I've added to some camp fires init:

this addAction ["Rest for 1 hours","skiptime 1"]; this addAction ["Rest for 3 hours","skiptime 3"]; this addAction ["Rest for 6 hours","skiptime 6"];

but I like the fade out/fadein feature you used. I've messed with it an hour but couldn't get there.

If you have time...fine...if not thanks anyway.

If you are tired of a noisy and moaning player
in file JR_fnc.sqf
to find string RYD_JR_Wait =

RYD_JR_isWaiting = false;
 };

replace

Spoiler

RYD_JR_Wait =
 {
 if (RYD_JR_inStealth) exitWith {hint "You can't wait - enemies nearby."};

RYD_JR_isWaiting = true;
 _health = (floor((1 - (damage player)) * 1000))/10;   //Health in % from 0 to 100
 _items = items player;
 _txt = format ["Waiting...Health %1%2",_health,'%'];
 if ("FirstAidKit" in _items) then
  {
  if ((_health >= 75) and  (_health < 100)) then
   {
   player setDamage 0;
   player removeItem "FirstAidKit";
   //player addItemToBackpack "FirstAidKit";
   _health = 100;   //100%
   }
  };
 //_txt = format ["Waiting...Health %1 %",_health];
 0.5 fadeSound 0;
 TitleText [_txt,"BLACK OUT",0.55];
 sleep 1;
 skipTime 1;
 0.5 fadeSound 1;
 TitleText [_txt,"BLACK IN",0.55];
 _txt = format ["One hour later...Health %1%2",_health,'%'];
 sleep 0.6;
 TitleText [_txt,"PLAIN",0.55];

RYD_JR_isWaiting = false;
 };

After resting one hour, you can anoint the scratches with iodine

• Like 1

I've have tryied to find info on this issue but it seems that ACE is causing me very long load (and save) times playing Pilgrimage.   Actually,  I only play Pilgrimage,  never had any issue before (without ACE).   With long load times I mean 5 min or more... !  (running i7 core and SSD).  I'm experimenting now with the non steam version and without RHS and there compatibility mods.  Seems better but I will only be shure afther some in game time.  Not shure if it is the RHS combination or the steam version or whathever combination.  It take ages to find out!  Any help?

9 hours ago, fragmentpruts said:

I've have tryied to find info on this issue but it seems that ACE is causing me very long load (and save) times playing Pilgrimage.   Actually,  I only play Pilgrimage,  never had any issue before (without ACE).   With long load times I mean 5 min or more... !  (running i7 core and SSD).  I'm experimenting now with the non steam version and without RHS and there compatibility mods.  Seems better but I will only be shure afther some in game time.  Not shure if it is the RHS combination or the steam version or whathever combination.  It take ages to find out!  Any help?

Guess you'll have to ask the ACE and RHS folks. If Pilgrimage ran fine before those mods not much if anything will be done in Pilgrimage to fix it.

For what it's worth,

I have tried Ace a number of times with pilgrimage. My findings are that Ace is a very heavy mod, in a good way, in my opinion. Pilgrimage is a very complex mission and this allows for Endless combinations of problems.

Here's what I suggest,

1) remove all the mods, for now.

2) open the ace mod and remove all of the PBO's except one,

3) start pilgrimage then continue adding the pbo's back into Ace until you find the one that might be causing the issue.

Now naturally you're opening a whole can of worms because if you only add one PBO, that one PBO may require other PBO's to be added as dependencies in the Ace mod, so it can get complicated.

If you don't find any problems with Ace then repeat doing the same with RHS.

On 23-3-2018 at 5:50 PM, pvt. partz said:

For what it's worth,

I have tried Ace a number of times with pilgrimage. My findings are that Ace is a very heavy mod, in a good way, in my opinion. Pilgrimage is a very complex mission and this allows for Endless combinations of problems.

Here's what I suggest,

1) remove all the mods, for now.

2) open the ace mod and remove all of the PBO's except one,

3) start pilgrimage then continue adding the pbo's back into Ace until you find the one that might be causing the issue.

Now naturally you're opening a whole can of worms because if you only add one PBO, that one PBO may require other PBO's to be added as dependencies in the Ace mod, so it can get complicated.

If you don't find any problems with Ace then repeat doing the same with RHS.

Ok,  so did you play Pilgrimage with ACE?  What mod's do you play now with?

I'm trying your method right now,  thanks! ACE is indeed very heavy and a lot of pbo's so it will take ages to test them all!  Also because it is afther some time in game it starts to happen.  Yesterday I thought it was solved and was verry happy :)  but afther some time in game I saw it was not ok :(    I will remove some pbo's on good luck!   Maybe I will just remove ACE but it would be nice to have a little change in gameplay with some quality mods.  Any tips in great mod's for Pelgrimage?    

3 hours ago, fragmentpruts said:

Also because it is after some time in game it starts to happen.

ahh, I thought you said that Pilgrimage had long "load" times. Then my first thought would be a memory leak. We might be looking more to the hardware side of things,....or page file properties.

TIP- always list your PC spec's somewhere.

I'm going to run P' with ACE just to see if I get the same issue.

8 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

ahh, I thought you said that Pilgrimage had long "load" times. Then my first thought would be a memory leak. We might be looking more to the hardware side of things,....or page file properties.

TIP- always list your PC spec's somewhere.

I'm going to run P' with ACE just to see if I get the same issue.

I did remove about 20 pbo's on good luck (only the one's wich gave me no message of dependency) and I just got a small succesfull playthrough!  Did have to reload 10 times without any issue.   I know about memory leaks but I never had any issue with that.  I've played arma intensivly the last time and I just got into this problem with loading times afther installing ACE... so I guess it has to be mod related!

Or page file properties?  Don't know what that is..

I'll play a bit more to test :)   .... and to play,  ofcourse :)  I'll keep you posted.   If there is any advice on other mod's to play with (exept  the one's mentioned by Rydygier).  Always welcome!

Added link to the 1.95 beta2 Altis (not pbo-ized):

Dropbox (1.95 beta2 Altis)

Changed code of JRInit.sqf. From now on, Pilgrimage shouldn't spawn as empty vehicles, loot or AI groups DLC content, if player doesn't own it. 

Can't really test it, as I own all DLCs, so please, try and report, if this is working, if you don't own some/all DLCs. 

It is open folder, Altis version only for now. For those, who want to update their ports - all the changes are made in the JRInit.sqf, several places, to find them all, search the file for "_ownedDLC" then analyze surroundings of these lines for differences. Official ports should follow next. 

EDIT: and pbos (Altis, Bornholm, Chernarus, Lingor):

Pilgrimage 1.95 beta2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm about to update Credits. I wish to honor all most active and/or helpful Pilgrims, but I've poor memory and may shamefully forget about someone, who still isn't listed in the Credits, but definitelly should. Here are the names, I intend to add so far:

major-stiffy
a2012v
OMAC
vafana

If anyone feels omitted, or feels, that someone is, please, modesty aside, just yell at me ASAP. :)

PS Also I plan slightly increase the chance for doctor/mechanic services. Anyone thinks, they are too rare or too common? (Remember, it is depending on reputation)

Also noted, chained waypoint-on-click feature is working again and completed waypoints are removed. Do you confirm that? That was a game bug, where I spawned "MOVE" waypoint via script, it was turned into infinite "GUARD", but apparently not anymore...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

I'm about to update Credits. I wish to honor all most active and/or helpful Pilgrims, but I've poor memory and may shamefully forget about someone, who still isn't listed in the Credits, but definitelly should. Here are the names, I intend to add so far:

major-stiffy
a2012v
OMAC
vafana

If anyone feels omitted, or feels, that someone is, please, modesty aside, just yell at me ASAP. :)

Pvt Partz should be in there as well

Fully agree. But he is already, same as You. :) 

On 7/31/2018 at 5:17 AM, Rydygier said:

Can't really test it, as I own all DLCs, so please, try and report, if this is working, if you don't own some/all DLCs.

Glad to see you poking around with this again.

I only own Apex and Marksman so give me a few days/weeks and I'll provide feedback.

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

I intend to add so far:

major-stiffy
a2012v
OMAC
vafana

Thanks Ryd.

13 hours ago, Rydygier said:

PS Also I plan slightly increase the chance for doctor/mechanic services. Anyone thinks, they are too rare or too common? (Remember, it is depending on reputation)

Also noted, chained waypoint-on-click feature is working again and completed waypoints are removed. Do you confirm that? That was a game bug, where I spawned "MOVE" waypoint via script, it was turned into infinite "GUARD", but apparently not anymore...

I can confirm that the waypoints are working as intended again. I forgot how useful they were. Doctors seem to be too rare, especially when you are suffering from the breathing sounds that you can't get away from. With a damaged vehicle, you can always walk, or. if you are using TPW Mods, it can be repaired if you can get it to a garage/fuel station.

Nice to see you Rydygier. Anything you do for us is greatly appreciated! Still nice to come home from work and just get lost for a while.

R15lgcL.jpg

Lovely

Tnz2cGu.jpg

Just puts me such a good mood...

jlUsbVN.jpg

Dam it!

:) Great, OK. A3 1.84 released, so it is a good time for tests and changes, so if possible, I'll try to push beta3 with other todos for testing, including a bit higher doctors occurence probability and reworked vehicle inspecting, so no more one red tire indicator changed into orange everything etc. (no longer based on damage/setDamage). After that - well, time for name it 1.95 and meanwhile something small to do also for HWS. I hope, I'll get enough free time to complete this plan, we'll see. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rydygier said:

I'm about to update Credits. I wish to honor all most active and/or helpful Pilgrims

Thank you for this Rydygier, it's an honor for me ; and thanks for ''Pilgimage'', for me the best dynamic scenario in ArmA history.

{I would like to update the port for Tanoa and Chernarus RHS but for the time being I have no time at all ...:sad:}

:)

All right, beta 3 ready for tests. Links:

Dropbox (1.95 beta3)

Dropbox (1.95 beta3 Altis) - open folder

1.95coop_wip9

Changes in total:

1. content from DLC, player doesn't own, shouldn't be spawned as loot, vehicles or AI units;

2. redone inspecting vehicle (each part treated separatelly insted of damage/setDamage approach, no FF taken, if inspecting not possible, for example no toolkit and difficulty at least Very Hard and fuel 100%);

3. updated credits;

4. significantly more doctors and mechanics, better chance for a doctor, than mechanic;

5. body has to be actually spotted before loading action available;

6. "NW" tooltip correction;

7. main settings track for Chernarus port a bit louder;

8. no more error message about lacking windMedium sound at the intro begin.

Updated also coop wip with above changes, but barely tested and no other coop issues was adressed. Updated to beta 3 also open folder version. Added also Titus Groan to the Credits - one of the most dedicated... playthroubers? 

As for updating third party ports, changes are located respectively:

ad. 1: as said at beta 2.

ad. 2: JR_fnc.sqf, RYD_JR_Inspect function;

ad. 3: BodyBoat.sqf;

ad. 4: MainLoop.sqf, search for: "_service =" line; and also below it: (_rnd < 33)

ad. 5: JRInit.sqf, search for actions "Load body into the vehicle" and "Load body on the boat" (end of these lines);

ad. 6: GUI.hpp, controls: LootDens_Combo and LootVal_Combo;

ad. 7: -

ad. 8: In the editor, load intro layer, check two close together triggers, effects section of each. The one with battle sound - change "enviromental" from empty line to no sound. Second one - empty line to "wind". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pilgrimage_195_beta3_open.Altis.7z

On 7/31/2018 at 5:17 AM, Rydygier said:

Arma3_DLC.jpg

Is this empty vehicle? I was hoping, it works. It's difficult to debug code when you can't reproduce an error. But I think, I can at least emulate in my script not owning some DLCs... 

I found a reason, weird one. Well, my code checks item's config entry "DLC", that for DLC stuff, as I assumed after checking many of them, holds a name of DLC, it requires. Vanilla stuff, as I saw, doesn't have DLC config entry. This way (well, it's a bit more complex) my code distinguish vanilla from non-vanilla and from which DLC given object is. 

Meanwhile Rhino (B_AFV_Wheeled_01_cannon_F,B_AFV_Wheeled_01_up_cannon_F) also has no DLC config entry, which makes it "vanilla". So either it is a game bug, lacking config entry, either I misunderstood this entry meaning. Worse, I checked more stuff and while many DLC items indeed have DLC config entry, there's more, that doesn't have it. Maybe this is free content given together with DLC, that would be all right, but at least for Rhino it isn't the case, obviously. Not sure, what to do with this. I'll not construct manually some blacklists, this should work procedurally. 

I wonder, if there will be more such objects, or Rhino is the only one, so thanks, please, keep reporting about each such finding.