Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

thank you again for the awesome support and time you give to us.

,.....and thank you as well rsoftokz

Pilgrimage and ROADS is all I play! We played about 15 + hours just on weekends, plus what we can squeeze in during the week. We set up with different settings just to keep things unpredictable. 

PS: @rsoftokz  I hope you find the time and energy to keep your wonderful mission going as well.

PS: @rsoftokz  I watched The_RoadThe Road a few days ago, and now I want to play it just as it was meant to be. :don11:

Sorry for consolidating these subjects but they are both in a class of their own !!!

no CTD since the Hotfix with any version I played (1.94 and the newest 1.95).

I have a theory, people experiencing it in fact took the pbo from Armaholic (one of people with this problem admitted, that was the reason fo ctd), which was informed about the update via my usual way (PM to Big), but update there somehow never happened, so perhaps the way isn't valid anymore. Anyway, I'll try again to make Armaholic update Pilgromage file at 1.95 release. 

4 on 5 are dropping the paratroopers on the land, only one dropped the guys in the sea, so it is a 80% on land and it is a big upgrade since it was 70%  in the sea before...

As expected. This one is hard to 100% fix because of the way, it works. There's no exact drop spot possible to set, there's just starting flight point, ending flight point, and the moment en route, when they drop, which is when the chopper passes (is closest to) the chosen AC spawn point. That AC spawn point should be always on the land. But no warranty for the passage point, which is real drop point. 

I have to test also the COOP ....

Did only very few, basic tests and sometimes saw some weird irregularities in the respawn point choosing GUI, that even made me wondering, if perhaps that GUI by itself is somehow bugged. Once, when my mate got killed when I was awaiting for respawn, both positions was temporarily disabled for some reaspon and I had to wait till he respawns. It was simple test with me server side and AI controlling Alex's buddy. 

1.94hotfix? Hm, that's unfortunate. Sadly, I haven't any longer not pboized versions of 1.94hotfix. Only some backups already with first part of 1.95 changes. Or open form of 1.95, but not 1.94hotfix. 

I wouldn't binarize anything, but noted, without this in the scenario list there's displayed ugly pbo name, and only after binarizing - proper mission name set in the editor. Didn't even think about such consequence. 

EDIT: nope, I found some copy. :) Let's upload...

Here you go. All the ports. Luckilly, I had to upload them in open form at someone's request in December. And basic version too just in case. 

Hm. Those also are binarized. :(

Well, it's not big deal, since it's only about mission.sqm file, and this file wasn't changed long time, and can be taken from older version, Wait a bit more...

Got it.

The mission of Lingor in the Pilgrimage_1.94_hotfix_ports.zip file has the mission.sqm binarized also, but I can open the mission.sqm.oldBackup in Notepad++ and the editor.

Will see how I make out from here creating new COOP.

Thanks a bunch!

10 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Hm. Those also are binarized. :(

Well, it's not big deal, since it's only about mission.sqm file, and this file wasn't changed long time, and can be taken from older version, Wait a bit more...

Ah, OK. Will do

Indeed, you can just rename .oldBackup and replace existing mission.sqm with it. Just realized it. Here is such way prepared version. 

Got it, thanks.

I always uncheck the box below to not save binarized so I don't screw myself up later.  :grinning:

On 28/02/2017 at 2:18 AM, pvt. partz said:

PS: @rsoftokz  I watched The_RoadThe Road a few days ago, and now I want to play it just as it was meant to be. :don11:

In both The Road movie and Pilgrimage there are goals to achieve. I hope that one day the Roads mission gets updated with some objectives too, running around looting empty cans gets old quick.

Rydygier (Pilgrimage_1_95_wip1.Altis)

Error

File
decoy.sqf
Line 173
_amnt = 3 + (random 3);
_positions = [];
for "_i" from 1 to _mant do

_center = markerPos "PatrolMarker";
_size = markerSize "PatrolMarker";

Hey, thanks. This brought my attention to lines below 160. Only Pilgrimage Altis has these lines, and frankly seems to me, all these should be deleted. I can't recall exactly, why I added this, but looks like some testing code, if decoy could work with motorized patrols (some makeshift global var PatrolGroup and PatrolMarker...). IIRC, decided, it shouldn't. 

Hey Rydygier,

I've been playing co-op with a friend recently and since there's obviously no UI for changing the mission settings ( as in the single player version of your scenario) I have been trying to find the lines to change in order to force certain settings at the start of the mission ( I.e garrison density to 100% rather than the default 75%, turning on SAD, Artillery and ambient combat etc) when playing  the co-op version.

I thought I'd found the right settings to change in the init.sqf - but after changing the values for acintense, garrison density etc, the log (pressing M in game and checking the log tab on the left hand side) still shows all settings at their default values once the mission has loaded. 

Sorry to ask, but could you possibly point me towards which specific file in the PBO  changes how those settings are applied, so I know I'm at least looking in the right place ?

thanks very much for your help.

Edited by Boaby Sands

In the MP version all the settings are moved to the lobby, under "parameters" button (upper-right corner). 

• Like 1

Hey Ryd.

If Solilo  granted you permission would you be willing to create a pilgrimage game spawn for the terrain of Taunus? If so, I would be more than happy to Place holy places and other necessary data for the map to be complete for a pilgrimage version of Taunus

At some point, if map will be suitable - why not? Just would have to wait in my "to do" queue.   

• Like 1

Wow, great job indeed. Didn't even know, one can do such neat stuff on Steam. 

BTW, for now my "free time" is ended, back to RL work, still I hope, I'll be able to push official release after 1.68 since hopefully majority of work is done. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

I'll be able to push official release after 1.68 since hopefully majority of work is done. 

Will be hovering around the forum in anticipation. And will miss you while your RL work takes you over, just hurry back. :f:

3 minutes ago, law-giver said:

Good job alky' that's a lot of work man. Now rest those sore typing fingers. :f:

I'm a firm believer in copy & paste. Definitely not a keyboard ninja.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alky_lee said:

I'm a firm believer in copy & paste. Definitely not a keyboard ninja.

Now i wouldn't have admitted that. :f:

A new mission on Lingor. This is why I love Arma 3 and why I love the Pilgrimage mission.

On 07.03.2017 at 8:23 PM, pvt. partz said:

Hey Ryd.

If Solilo  granted you permission would you be willing to create a pilgrimage game spawn for the terrain of Taunus? If so, I would be more than happy to Place holy places and other necessary data for the map to be complete for a pilgrimage version of Taunus

I ported on Taunus a test version with the help of @rsoftokz, Taunus map is very "performance hungry", but in principle it works. I replaced the boat with a quadbike and start positions are in some roads ends on the map edge, I think there should be some adjustments and updated to version 1.95, but for now .... I have no time ...

and I would be very happy to see a Pilgrimage Taunus version by Rydygier, would have that "original touch".:thumbsup:

• Like 2