Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Rydygier
Control Terminal B_UavTerminal allows you to immediately see the UGV stomper on the map to connect to it and control it.

how to fix?

Yes, I know, personally kinda like it. This can't be changed AFAIK, not with scripts anyway. You may try to exclude B_UavTerminal from possible loot, so it will never spawn. 

WIP

1.94coop wip5 (prepared by rsoftokz based on 1.86 coop wip3 by Rydygier, revised by Rydygier)

1.94coop_wip6

1.94 beta 6 (Chernarus)

1.94 beta 5 (Bornholm)

1.94 beta 5 (Lingor)

Are the COOP maps on first page up to date with the hot fix? Tried Chernarus and it wouldn't launch when both players were in the lobby. Curious.

There's no Cherno coop version there (only links tagged "coop" are coop :) ). Wip6 includes hotfix. 1.94 beta6 (Chernarus) is last singleplayer port wip left in the wip section. 

Once again we found our brother but this time decided to cremate him. :flamethrower:

Rydygier
Is it possible to? How?
playing with TPW
If you run "Commandeer Vehicle"
File:
tpw_mods.pbo >> tpw_cars.sqf
 //Add ability to commandeer car
Commandeer Vehicle
if (random 100) < (30 + (10 * RYD_JR_Difficulty)) then
civil armed and aggressive
Minus player's reputation
like GTA

Not tested, but as far, as I know, if civilian was previously friendly, and you want to turn him hostile it may require moving him to the group of hostile side or, most likely, replace him with newly spawned unit of same look, but hostile side. 

Of course, if you wish to use TPW's commandeer action, you need to alter TPW's code in such way. 

Also you may from the beginning spawn civilian into hostile side group, but keep him captive true till he should turn hostile, but then you have to alter TPW's code deeper, or write own equivalent. 

That's what I know, unless some new ways appeared recently, I'm not really up to date with news. 

Then of course you need to add him some weapon and magazines. 

Hi everyone. I'm a huge fan of the Pilgrimage mission, and it's the one I played most so far (it alone justifies having Arma3, IMHO). Yesterday I was trying to play it with a friend (coop) for the first time, but wasn't able to make any of the CoopWip versions work. What happens is that whoever is the Alpha 1-1 character can't enter the game and is left at the "island picture screen" (the one that appears as a background for the menu where you must configure the options and then click "begin pilgrimage"). The Alpha 2-1 enters the game normally, and then after a while the 1-1 is disconnected still stuck at that screen (must Alt+F4 out of Arma).

Tried without mods, disabling AI, etc.

Nothing seems to work so far.

Any hints from those able to play it? How did you managed to get past the menu?

Cheers, and even if there's no way to play it coop, kudos for this awesome mission.

EDIT: Solved (see 4 posts below)

Edited by joker68
Discovered the problem.

I COOP all the time in Tanoa and Altis, works fine. If playing Altis make sure you have the latest from this link. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102178499/Pilgrimage_COOP_1_94wip6.Altis.zip 

Files are zipped and must be made into a .pbo

Tanoa is also linked on the first post. It appears you have the proper ports open to allow COOP. Also, depending on what settings you choose, Ambient combat, garrisons, checkpoints, etc. these can take some time to load for the server if you have them set at highest %.

Work?

1 minute ago, major-stiffy said:

I COOP all the time in Tanoa and Altis, works fine. If playing Altis make sure you have the latest from this link. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102178499/Pilgrimage_COOP_1_94wip6.Altis.zip

Tanoa is also linked on the first post. It appears you have the proper ports open to allow COOP. Also, depending on what settings you choose, Ambient combat, garrisons, checkpoints, etc. these can take some time to load for the server if you have them set at highest %.

Work?

Thanks for your answer major-stiffy. Yes, I do have this version of the Altis Pilgrimage (unfortunately I cannot test at Tanoa because my friend doesn't have it yet). I can play coop on a multitude of other missions (I'm always the server for a small bunch of friends - up to 4 or 5 - who play together sometimes), having even made a custom version of Invade&Annex also, so I think I'm ok regarding server ports and general setup (unless for some reason Pilgrimage needs extra ports, which I believe is not the case).

As for the Pilgrimage settings, I didn't try to change them (tried vanilla, which is fairly "normal"). As I commented, when I play on the Alpha 2-1 slot, the game loads without problem, but whoever is at the slot 1-1 gets stuck at the "settings" menu (which obviously doesn't appear for the 2-1 slot). One curious thing is that the settings menu cannot be navigated by mouse on the coop version, only using keyboard, which indicates that something is wrong right at the start. This behavior doesn't occur on SP version, which plays just fine. 3570K@4.5Ghz, 16Gb RAM and Arma installed on SSD. Is there some "special trick" like "disabling AI" or setting "companion on/off" that I need to be aware of?

What I'm doing> hosting a server, choosing 2 at the number of players (tried with more, no results), and then selecting the Altis version. On the slot assignment screen, we choose our role and then continue. That's the moment where whoever has the 1-1 slot sees a black screen stating that it cannot locate GPS (or something like that), and then presents the player with the settings menu and the blue button "Begin Pilgrimage". The only way to click on that is to use TAB to get across all the options and then pressing ENTER or SPACE to activate it. It then gets stuck, forcing an ALT-F4. Meanwhile, the other player enters the map and keeps waiting until he sees the "player X disconnected" message.

When using the SP version, it takes a few seconds to load everything from "Begin Pilgrimage" until the spawn at the beach. I waited until a full minute on coop version before I give up (no disk activities or spike on cpu usage where observed during this time, indicating that the game was stuck indeed). Should I wait more time?

Cheers

1 hour ago, kremator said:

You cannot use the SP version for COOP.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Currently I'm trying to use the Pilgrimage_COOP_1_94wip6.Altis, but tried also the wip5 and another one (I guess it was even older, like 1.84 or something). Always with COOP on the name.

When I mention the SP version is just for behavior comparison between the SP and COOP versions (loading time, menus, etc). SP works flawlessly - playing alone, of course.

EDIT: Figured out what was happening - I was indeed clicking on the wrong version. There were two Pilgrimage missions appearing on my mission's list, and I didn't noticed the one with "coop" in the name until now (it was way above, not in alphabetical order). It's working fine. Now I'm going to hide somewhere for a few months out of embarrassment. Thanks for everyone who helped me (specially Kremator, whose commentary get me thinking why he was thinking that I was using a non-coop version - only reason would be the presence of the menu - and sure enough there were another entry way above the one I was using).

• Like 1

Tip for when playing COOP. On first spawn of new game both players will have supports. (for clean up, waiting time etc.) but on resume from a save game, each player must respawn. When we resume, one player at a time presses, escape, respawn and spawn on the other player. This will reactivate the support menu.

Glad you got it working and have fun with this great mod.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joker68 said:

Thanks for everyone who helped me (specially Kremator, whose commentary get me thinking why he was thinking that I was using a non-coop version - only reason would be the presence of the menu - and sure enough there were another entry way above the one I was using).

Occam's Razor !

• Like 2

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, major-stiffy said:

Tip for when playing COOP. On first spawn of new game both players will have supports. (for clean up, waiting time etc.) but on resume from a save game, each player must respawn. When we resume, one player at a time presses, escape, respawn and spawn on the other player. This will reactivate the support menu.

Glad you got it working and have fun with this great mod.

Precious tip! Thanks major!!

So...

Recently had a window of free time, it is about to end, but it was enough to push forward my "to do" queue a bit. That includes first beta/wip of Pilgrimage 1.95, including ports and 1.95-based coop wip7 (updated links in the first post). As always, I'll appreciate any bug reports, especially around new features. Changelog:

- AC paradrop into the sea when player near shore - still may happen, should be better now - not tested;

- wild growth of the array holding taken house positions (not emptied?) - should be fixed (not emptied was positions taken by deleted civilians);

- rare main loop breaks due to "0" elemnts of said array (test solution) - should be fixed;

- restore persistent chapel markers for all difficulty levels - not tested;

- direct body-to-boat loading should take Alex to closest boat, not the original one - should be fixed, not tested;

- sometimes too big values of player's speed read by hunters from his tracks - should be fixed, not tested;

- own boat countes as abandoned vehicle for ADM - should be fixed, not tested;

- check, if there isn't a gap in the LOS checks of AC code in case of town battle event (LOS check should be peformed using players's position, not town's location) - should be fixed, not tested;

- in MP player can drag only own waypoints - only one player should be able to place them - not tested;

- another loot distribution options to make also weaponry of fallen foes vanishing, to make completing optimal gear more challenging - not tested;

- chance for civilian doctors and mechanics across town population, service available depending on player's reputation;

- removed "game logic" from the side chat, replaced globalChat with customChat, colored headers depending on source (ADM, phone, radio neutral, radio alarm, other);

- redone respawn in coop wip - removed boat, last chapel and hideout respawn positions. Present are: teammate position and safe position. 

Main changes are:

1. New loot distribution modes (NW for "no weapons") - by intention any weaponry is removed from killed hostiles, so, I suppose it's kind of game changer, depending on other loot options. Completing optimal gear may be much more difficult and rewarding now. 

2. Chance for doctors/mechanics amongst civilian population. Probablility of occurence is depending on reputation. Reputation around 0 gives roughly chance around 25% for service unit per town, but it's higher with high reputation. Negative reputation can easily reduce chance to 0. To distinguish these special civilians different marks are displayed over their heads (hospital and maintenance icons - best, I could find in vanilla game). There may be at most one doctor and one mechanic per each 1000 meters radius. Such units can be asked for intel same, as common "blue exclamation" civs, but apart from that special actions are available for them - medical attention and repair. If there is assigned to player's group vehicle requiring repairs/refuel in 500 meters radius or member of player's group requiring healing in 100 meters radius action is performed after some small decision GUI, where expected cost is shown. Actions aren't visible if player knows about some enemy, or some enemy knows about player's presence. If no one to heal/nothing to repair in range or not enough money - only hint is displayed. Also, these actions aren't removed from the unit after first use. As long civilian is there - his  services are available. Price depends on amount of damage to heal/repair and kind of damaged vehicle (unit). For example healing of simple shot wound may cost about 1000-1500FF per wounded unit. 

3. Found and hopefully removed performance problem - positions taken by civilians was never cleared from the array of all taken positions, which was resulting with wild growth of this array size in time, which could delay some scripted operations. 

4. Redone respawn positions - no more far respawns to avoid "Great Emptiness" issue for client-side player and logistical complications. Instead there should be two positions - teammate position and so called "safe" position. Safe position supposed to be somewhere near the death position, but with obstructed LOS toward every near hostiles. But it is calculated at death and situation may change at respawn, so there's still some risk. Also not 100% sure, how reliable this calculation is, had time only for basic in-game tests. I'll appreciate any feedback - how safe "safe position" really is in practice. 

As for official 1.95 release - not sure, when, but rather after A3 1.68, so I would react on anything, 1.68 break or improve.  

• Like 7

Thanks Rydygier

I/we will definitely check it out. Be patient because the two buddies that play COOP with me work days and/or most evenings and only have extended play time on weekends. That's quite the changelog, awesome.

BTW, we now have a third person playing COOP with us so I was mostly successful in getting a third person to spawn and play. I made the following changes.

File Description.ext

respawn = 3;          (this was =2)

respawnOnStart = 0;

respawnDelay = 5;   (was 30)

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

Put in each players init

[west, Playersname] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

Example  [west, AIBuddy] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

[west, AIBuddy1] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

Prior to making those changes, combat life saver (AIBuddy) could only spawn at boat or last church save.

Spawn_map.jpg

I'm going to dig through your files and see what you did.

My pleasure, guys. 

One thing noted: after death and load colors are gone from custom chat headers - all white. Not sure, if game bug (I guess so), or I did something wrong, oh well (EDIT: seems to be temporary only, not long after load colors are back). Also one thing to add about "no weapons at bodies" loot distribution - it appears, weapons will be not removed in case of surrendered AIs on EASY difficulty. I tend to leave it that way. Also Warlords should leave all their inventory intact. 

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

My pleasure, guys. 

One thing noted: after death and load colors are gone from custom chat headers - all white. Not sure, if game bug (I guess so), or I did something wrong, oh well (EDIT: seems to be temporary only, not long after load colors are back). Also one thing to add about "no weapons at bodies" loot distribution - it appears, weapons will be not removed in case of surrendered AIs on EASY difficulty. I tend to leave it that way. Also Warlords should leave all their inventory intact. 

Yeah that's strange because for me if i click (m) map then the text goes from white to the purple and/or blue for client messages. :eh:

Anyone else after 1.94hotfix still experiences out of memeory CTD at initial loading screen? I received few such complaints on Steam. One guy said, the game requested 18 GBs at crash, possibly still around selectBestPlaces. I wonder, what was broken in Arma 3 since 1.66. Can't fight this any longer, since can't reproduce this issue after hotfix, but I can give special version with extra RPT logs to try for whoever experience this nasty bug and if he show me his RPT from such faulty attempt, perhaps at least we could be sure, if it is the same place in the code, or different. 

Have not seen issues like this in the SP or COOP version in either 1.94 hotfix or the latest 1.95. Not using Steam version if there is one.

HI Rydygier, Hi mates.....

no CTD since the Hotfix with any version I played (1.94 and the newest 1.95).

I tested the Chernarus port 1.95 SP a couple of hours (or more ) playing only on the shore to test the newest helos reinforcement settings.

most of the helos are coming form off shore on the horizon to the land.

4 on 5 are dropping the paratroopers on the land, only one dropped the guys in the sea, so it is a 80% on land and it is a big upgrade since it was 70%  in the sea before...

I haven't played much to find any issue, and I don't think there will be any .

so I'm seriously thinking of adding the 1.95 updates to Tanoa Edition in a further update.

I have to test also the COOP ....

thank you again for the awesome support and time you give to us.

take care.

• Like 1