Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Thank you for detailed answer, guys. Coding is not my forte sadly. Can you specify please what lines I should edit to, say, decimate all loot from soldiers except for ammo? I dont mind them being naked after death at all :)

And I need PBO manager to get JR_fnc,sqf right?

By editing existing lines, you can adjust chances for things, that already may be removed. No weaponry amongst them. To make weapons disappear or to disappear everything, you need to write additional code, I'm affraid. Pretty simple, if you wish to be radical though:

if (_death) then {removeAllWeapons _unit};

may be just below:

if (_wD) exitWith {};

That should remove all the weaponry and its magazines as well. Must be tested though, not sure, if will work for unit, that just died (it works for magazines, but at death weapon is separated from the body into own weaponholder). Depends, if code from "Killed" Event Handler is executed before or after that. Don't know.

Less radical ways are a bit more complex. 

• Like 1

By editing existing lines, you can adjust chances for things, that already may be removed. No weaponry amongst them. To make weapons disappear or to disappear everything, you need to write additional code, I'm affraid. Pretty simple, if you wish to be radical though:

if (_death) then {removeAllWeapons _unit};

may be just below:

if (_wD) exitWith {};

I will give it a try. TY.

EDIT: works great. no arms, no ammo, bodies look fine. now exploration makes sense, as well as difficulty setting. its kinda survival style Pilgrimage now.

I had similar the other night, but I only had three (one had probably been Arma'd). I used my AT to disable one then had to use the disabled tank to deal with the other two.

https://twitter.com/aky071/status/791822080023130112

I always play with garrison at 100% but this "Hold on we are on our way" was more than I've ever seen before. :lol:

One got away. Two of of three ain't bad.

since  Apex, I have noticed I encountered more Tanks platoons than before.

I guess BIS has  added a few more armored units platoons so this explains why we can see some more.

mostly are green hex camoflaged, T-100 with Tigris (3+1 or 2+2 I 'm not sure ....)

most of time I don't engage

1/ - because I didn't found time to get hands on a AT weapon  

2/ - I play most of time "furtive", moving on foot, looking with binos at my environment, trying to avoid combat I cannot win at the moment or when I know red factions are close to green factions and they'll do the job I had to do on their own... just wait and see who will survive until I'll enter on my own to play the game.

since  Apex, I have noticed I encountered more Tanks platoons than before.

mostly are green hex camoflaged, T-100 with Tigris (3+1 or 2+2 I 'm not sure ....)

most of time I don't engage

I think that APEX has probably doubled the number of armoured groups in the config with the new faction/camouflage variants. I have encountered a lot recently, both AAF & CSAT. 

If ambient combat doesn't take care of them then Arma will eventually as they all flip over. Most recently was 3 x T100s + 3 x crewmen on foot. It didn't help that I thought I was only dealing with one, saw the crewman and got wasted by the tank that was still live. After the restart I disabled the tank and was moving in when I realised there were more just out of sight. I withdrew and moved to the rocks to use my last AT round which just made them angry and they were just circling round. Unfortunately, BIS must have tweaked something as the tanks now seem to roll over rocks more than they did without flipping. I took the opportunity to make my way to the disabled tank and use it's gun against them.

I find that I have to engage them if I can because:

1) They won't leave me alone and follow me everywhere, even when I think I've lost them

2) They are in my way

I had a Gorgon hidden behind the stadium when the 4 tanks arrived in SAD. Had one RPG round that I didn't have to use. Took out 2 tanks quickly with the 2 AT rounds from Gorgon, crewman got out and came after me. The other tank went over the hill behind the stadium and on his return, flipped over. PhysX kicked in. The Kamysh (sp?) is the worst with PhysX, I've seen the thing fly straight up in the air LOL.

Personnel trucks are seen more often since Apex and agree garrison's have increased, but this is a good thing IMO, more fun.

Personnel trucks are seen more often since Apex and agree garrison's have increased, but this is a good thing IMO, more fun.

Those trucks contain 2 squads and a driver. It makes life very interesting indeed as I found out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMbf9m5MYeE

Best SP scenario I have played till now.Great work!.I have a question.Can you make a version of pilgrimage on Stratis?Altis and Bornholm missions become extremely long if you are playing on high difficulty level.

I considered Stratis too small for proper Pilgrimage gameplay, therefore there isn't official port for this map, but I know, there was unofficial Stratis port somewhere. 

Best SP scenario I have played till now.Great work!.I have a question.Can you make a version of pilgrimage on Stratis?Altis and Bornholm missions become extremely long if you are playing on high difficulty level.

Small copy of a great adventure.

Pilgrimage-

I made the following changes

You are a doctor friend of yours engineer.

The island has only infantry and civilian vehicles.

The cost of repairs,

and purchase information above.

The corpse has a UAV terminal.

Perhaps buy loot from civilians.

Civilians are more aggressive, not kill them.

Tanks and other military vehicles blocked the use of the player.

Added setting the duration of the game is SMALL, AVERAGE, MUCH, OVERMUCH, ALL.

Added arsenal of ARMA (choice of menu).

Pilgrimage.Altis ®

https://yadi.sk/d/DmPDXdFAq5q2T

Pilgrimage.Stratis ®

https://yadi.sk/d/eq40OKl1qmvyb

Pilgrimage.Tanoa ®

https://yadi.sk/d/hPwY6zfjt2T68

Has there been any versions of pilgrimage where money has more function and civillians do more than to slow the game down?

Would be nice to see civillian doctors that have a 10-20% spawn chance that heal you for say 3k or sometimes that they can sell you non weapons equipment like uniforms and such for high prices or fix your vehicle.

I mostly prefer solo adventure since I like the atmosphere of not having to wait or command around an AI and I usually turn civvies off because the small amount of intel they give me and that 0.1% chance of an assassination mission is  not worth 40fps when driving. Meanwhile hidden camps I sometimes only find 4-5 hours into the game after having to listen to injured breathing for a couple of hours.

Civilian doctors and people able to repair your vehicle are good ideas and should be easy to add, so who knows, this may appear in the next official version. No stuff sellers though. 

BTW amount of intel, you get from civilians depends on your current reputation in the area. Obviously, availability of such services like healing or reparing also need to be bound with reputation. 

Civilian doctors and people able to repair your vehicle are good ideas and should be easy to add, so who knows, this may appear in the next official version. No stuff sellers though. 

BTW amount of intel, you get from civilians depends on your current reputation in the area. Obviously, availability of such services like healing or reparing also need to be bound with reputation. 

Yeah.

From design prespective, pilgrimage is an absolutely fantastic foundation with it's amazing and clever systems.

It just needs a bit more depth

One of the things that also annoys me how easy it is to sell things, you just select an action and it dissapears and you get money some time later. I always end up with 10k FF before late even if I don't sell stuff off corpses. Would be nice if there was an option where you had to carry stuff and unload them to a middle man in some town/base to get money or there was an one time use item you had to use, like fultons in MGSV that allowed selling. It would encourage more descision making and balance money a bit more.

Right now towns are really only useful for loot and civillian intel which can easily be replaced with prisoners and ADM that you use to find bases and then get circles from commanders.

Also would be nice if churches got some more value rather than a savepoint.

Maybe emphathize the detective aspect of it that pcgamer advertised, where there's a chance you'll come across a trail of clues that point you at some other church/base/town, kinda like "sorry Mario, but princess is in another castle" which finally leads to the body.

Has there been any versions of pilgrimage where money has more function and civillians do more than to slow the game down?

Would be nice to see civillian doctors that have a 10-20% spawn chance that heal you for say 3k or sometimes that they can sell you non weapons equipment like uniforms and such for high prices or fix your vehicle.

I mostly prefer solo adventure since I like the atmosphere of not having to wait or command around an AI and I usually turn civvies off because the small amount of intel they give me and that 0.1% chance of an assassination mission is  not worth 40fps when driving. Meanwhile hidden camps I sometimes only find 4-5 hours into the game after having to listen to injured breathing for a couple of hours.

I simply refuse to have this happen to me, I find it sooo annoying and breaks the game for me. I just reload a save, screw it.

I simply refuse to have this happen to me, I find it sooo annoying and breaks the game for me. I just reload a save, screw it.

Indeed. It's pretty realistic too - just assume, such noisy wound is disabling, making you unable to proceed. 

One of the things that also annoys me how easy it is to sell things, you just select an action and it dissapears and you get money some time later.

You have no idea, how much I had to simplify this to make happy those, who complained, its too much hassle/difficult, not smooth enough. System was changed several times in that direction, that's the result. So, there's no a thing, that would make happy everyone in games. What you see is a shortcut, but it has quasi-realistic explanation. You sell on the online auction only coordinates, where sold stuff is hidden by you (just we don't see, how Alex hides boxed stuff under some rock or something). That's how this auction works. Coordinates for immediate online transfers. 

As for buyers/sellers on the map, I stated my opinion few times in these years, so just shortly - there will be no shops in official Pilgrimage. Unofficial versions however... Well, anything possible there. 

As for my personal vision, Pilgrimage is pretty complete right now, so I have no desire nor plans to add any more depth etc., at most some easy to add, cool enough ideas. Frankly I want to clear my "to do" at next version + same for coop, close development of this ASAP and move on. I have already a queue of projects begging for my attention, and still no time/free mind to do something about PIlgrimage or that queue like a year and half due to mind-consuming RL work. 

I went to play this last night and came across an issue in the Altis version, in both 1.93 (Steam) and 1.94. I was playing on normal difficulty and as soon as I opened the map I could see the Stomper's location, even with unit icons turned off in the game difficulty settings. Has anyone come across this before? It could be a mod issue, which I'll look into today, but I wanted to check here first.

Unless Stomper was really close, or you had somehow proper UAV terminal (does it reveal Stomper? Not sure right now), to actually reveal distant units on the map some extra scripting is required and even then IIRC it's limited by viewDistance. IMO no mission bug could produce such effect, as there's no unit revealing code present in the mission scripts. 

Yes, if you have proper UAV terminal you can see the stomper no matter where he is on the map as I recall.

Anyone able to start the mission with A3 Dev branch ? Getting CTD with out of memory every time. Tried without mods.

I think MCC was allowing me to see the Stomper.

Now I have a problem where I can't load a save, even during the same session. 1.94, any map. Anyone else run into this problem before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are various reasons possible. I paste Steam Pilgrimage's FAQ:

- Each game update makes previous saves obsolete.
- Each mission update makes previous saves obsoloete.
- Attempt of resuming saved game with another set of mods, than those used at save most likely will be a failure. Don't.
- There is known issue for Workshop Arma missions causing randomly saves loss. To avoid it, I recommend use non-Steam Pilgrimage version, for example from Armaholic. Non-Steam installation: download pbo file and put it into "missions" folder inside Arma 3 directory.

Possible workaround: copy the save folder. Start the scenario again, then save it in game. After that , copy the old saves back. Then hit load, and you can see them

That's the wisdom on this topic, I collected from all the feedback so far.