Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

both SP and MP mission "Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition" tested on 1.64 with Hotfix ( 1.64.138497) and  are running good with , as far as I tested, no noticable error.

there shouldn't be no more dependency with Unlocked Uniforms, please if it happends, re-download V1.22a from the Google Drive link .

@Mordacai

memory failure "2 FPS Bug" is known since 1.62 release and persists in the 1.64 ( see HERE) .

as mentioned in the SITREP #00175:

The performance degradation bug (low FPS until a game restart) was unfortunately not fixed in 1.64. Even though a number of players reported not encountering the issue in the RC builds, it does not appear to have been solved for everyone. Our programmers are trying to tackle it and hope to have a solution soon. While we were unsuccessful with reproducing the issue in our studios at all and the special Performance Profiling builds have not revealed any relevant information, we are not abandoning the issue and still actively pursuing a fix. Everybody is of course encouraged to submit details to the Feedback Tracker, any information might help!

customed tbb4malloc_xx.dll can be found here and there on internet, it seems it didn't fix the matter when memory crashed after a certain time to 2FPS as you mentioned on the Chernarus map and is (should ) not be dependable of amazing CUPS mods (terrain and/or units) nor with Pilgrimage ,at least Original Pilgrimage

it can happen with Tanoa Edition as I  played the "sorcerer apprentice" and my knowledge is very small compared with Rydygier's.....obviously it seems the changes I've made haven't broke the Rydygier's  magical of scripting (I did but I never released all the versions and experiences I made with Pilgrimage  :lol:  :P  )

per example in V1.22a with AIs occupation of Tanoa Military  Camps I added,  we have more than 144 max garrisons per side spawned ( most of time when I tried the mission I got 160/170 max of them)

• Like 1

I'm a couple of hours into a 122a game and the only odd thing I can recall is a boat with divers in the middle of dry land. :lol:

yes I know, it is something I'm working on to fix in next release  ;)  :P  :lol:

:ph34r:

I see in the changelog for 1.64

Fixed: The game would become unresponsive when respawning in a multiplayer scenario with the Respawn Menu enabled.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00059

Fingers crossed your changes might work now.

Ryd

Spawned worked!!! Currently playing COOP game now can provide more info later. Options were to spawn at latest church save or boat.

Thanks so much WOW.

When one of gets killed, yes folks, it does happen, Stiffy more than me,... :icon_hm: :icon_hm:,...we lose our clothes. If the respawn option is over the (2km??? limit???) distance away, then by the time I get back to where my body is supposed to be, it's gone, and so is the possibility to get my fatigues back. Is there a way to script our clothes to stay with us,......or,  just to keep it a bit challenging, could you make a it a little more available in the loot crates, even though we have that set on low or sometimes, whatever it is. I don't care about loosing guns and ammo but it seems silly to run around in underwear.

Also, server/squad leader could only spawn at boat or other player unlike I noted above. Not complaining at all, just making folks aware. With spawn fixed so it's at least playable, we had a fun time. Hopefully the resume game works. Partz lies, I never die. ; )

I would rather prefer to abandon far-from-the-body respawns due to problems these are generating and leave two: at buddy's position, or at some near the body safe position (no LOS to any enemy nor enemy too close at the moment of calculating it - it may need some careful deliberation at writing, at some flat and empty locations may be hard to find such place). 

it seems silly to run around in underwear.

Primary silly thing here is to rise from the death in the new body. Rest of the silly stuff are consequences. :) Frankly the fact, your former gear is gone after some time by itself is quite reasonable (someone took it). One of the reason to avoid far respawns. Another - all the stuff is generated around server player. Client side player far from his companion experiences Great Emptiness effect. 

But no time to change this currently. 

Hi

this might help for people who want to play with Pilgrimage COOP and Respawn system.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31729

Description:
I have made a template for the new revive system from Bohemia Interactive, maybe this could be useful for some.
Added functionality to save your gear for respawn. Every time you use and leave the virtual arsenal the gear will be saved and reassigned after respawn.
  • Like 1

both SP and MP mission "Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition" tested on 1.64 with Hotfix ( 1.64.138497) and  are running good with , as far as I tested, no noticable error.

there shouldn't be no more dependency with Unlocked Uniforms, please if it happends, re-download V1.22a from the Google Drive link .

@Mordacai

memory failure "2 FPS Bug" is known since 1.62 release and persists in the 1.64 ( see HERE) .

as mentioned in the SITREP #00175:

customed tbb4malloc_xx.dll can be found here and there on internet, it seems it didn't fix the matter when memory crashed after a certain time to 2FPS as you mentioned on the Chernarus map and is (should ) not be dependable of amazing CUPS mods (terrain and/or units) nor with Pilgrimage ,at least Original Pilgrimage

it can happen with Tanoa Edition as I  played the "sorcerer apprentice" and my knowledge is very small compared with Rydygier's.....obviously it seems the changes I've made haven't broke the Rydygier's  magical of scripting (I did but I never released all the versions and experiences I made with Pilgrimage  :lol:  :P  )

per example in V1.22a with AIs occupation of Tanoa Military  Camps I added,  we have more than 144 max garrisons per side spawned ( most of time when I tried the mission I got 160/170 max of them)

OK, I got it.

Thanks for your reply on this matter!

Worked, wow, thanks a lot. :)

Hi

this might help for people who want to play with Pilgrimage COOP and Respawn system.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31729

His description on how to use it is not good plus it looks like for Stratis... ?

Safe to assume load Ryd's Altis map in editor with this mod in MPMission folder then save it? Confused...... :wacko:

Lovely example of Ambient Combat at it's best last night.

SITUATION: 

I have made my way to a military compound near Zeloran (Northern Altis) in a captured Strider. I use the Cargo Tower to scout ahead and spot a static grenade launcher wiping out an AAF patrol. I try to engage the static but he has a protective screen of overhead wires that will not let bullets pass. My presence is spotted and the gunship is called out. A local patrol also calls to assist.  

I spot the local patrol approaching which was an armoured vehicle. I was about to engage it when I spotted a second and then a third. There were four altogether 2 T100 MBTs and 2 Tigris. I decided not to use the one AT round I had with me. I took cover, but my AI companion was not in a safe position in the compound downstairs. Our vehicle was on the road in the open. The armoured column was approaching at speed and arrived before my companion could get into a building. He took cover behind a pile of trash bags between two containers.

49eTpH9h.png

One of the Tigris drove straight through the middle of the compound. The crew were turned out and had a clear view of him  but failed to spot him.

ZimBC5ph.png

They seemed to be very switched off, considering they were responding to a report of enemy activity. They probably thought that no-one would mess with them and that they were invincible. I know the Tigris scare me. They can demolish a building that you are hiding in within seconds.

FAC49Wsh.png

We remained in cover until they left. After my AI companion had safely got into a building, I took out one of the Tigris with my AT round as they moved away.

uarxWRbh.png

I then quickly went to our vehicle and overloaded myself with three AT rounds. The gunship was approaching as I was going back up the stairs into the tower. The three remaining vehicles were still some distance away, so I took out the second Tigris. The 2 T100s were closing fast. Suddenly the gunship was shot down by autocannon fire.

NIqHzWeh.png

Radio messages reported the presence of an IFV Mora. I didn't have enough AT rounds for him as well, so I hoped that a T100 would do the job for me. None the less I disabled one of the T100s while I had chance.

ONO1ftph.png

I was a lot happier just to have one T100 rolling around which I could keep an eye on. He duly obliged by destroying the Mora.

FOI5GMah.png

All that remained was to deal with the last T100. I hit it and the tanks crews immediately surrendered.

19wDZ1nh.png

My path to the nearby stronghold was clear. I found the officer running towards me and got the intel from him. I needed to go back to the other side of Altis to the south east in the vicinity of the second airfield. Within a short few minutes my mission had changed dramatically, I now had a proper direction and a limited search area. After releasing the captive I now had a fully crewed tank, knew the position of the second airfield and second stronghold and one gunship was down. 

• Like 2

Apparently the Stomper's real name is Joshua Thompson.

A nice video with proper punch line. :) 

BTW, apparently "unmanned" vehicles are in fact manned by invisible operators. Sadly, not all the scripting stuff working with them, and that's why Alex never says, what he should say at killing the Stomper, although some grim sentence is implemented (because "Killed" EH not functional for unmanned vehicles AFAIK). 

Update on Ryd's COOP.

We were able to spawn together on resume of save.  :D  There are issues, like not having supports (maybe until server dies and respawns, didn't test).

Question for Ryd,

If we don't have supports at whatever occasion, can you tell me how I can disable fatigue then? Can I open up your MP mission and add lines in each players init to disable? If so, what is the script? Or Is there an easier way?

If we don't have supports

You don't? Hm. Is this lack of supports menu common in the coop? 

Script is very easy - copy the following to unit's init field:

this enableStamina false;

Don't know, if this persist after respawn though. 

Supports is hit and miss in COOP, always has been. You're right, might not stick after respawn. Enhanced Movement mod has stamina toggle but doesn't work after respawn.

Most games have a console where you can type in variables and change things on the fly, I assume Arma doesn't have that. Will test more.

Thanks

can you tell me how I can disable fatigue then? Can I open up your MP mission and add lines in each players init to disable? If so, what is the script? Or Is there an easier way?

I also don't like the "stamina" thing, and to avoid having to write each time in the init line, I packed a script in PBO file and use it in singleplayer (for a long time so far). Since the new respawn system (I do not like at all), I did not have used it into coop, but I want to know if it works.  

nofatique

you can play also with Enhanced movement

you can jump upon fences, climb on houses roofs, do a lot of things you normaly cannot do AND there is also a stamina ON/OFF option.... (plus an enhanced NVG settings) ect......

cannot play Arma 3 now without EM 

BTW question certainly already asked but research on the topic didn't bring revelant intel:

I'm trying a specific map with specific buildings not from arma 3 (customized once) 

is there a way to make then lootable ???

I found the mainloop line 153 ....but......
II guess is there aren't no proxies (?! is it the appropriate name for  spawn points in a building? ) in the 3D model... I'm done....

you can play also with Enhanced movement

you can jump upon fences, climb on houses roofs, do a lot of things you normaly cannot do AND there is also a stamina ON/OFF option.... (plus an enhanced NVG settings) ect......

cannot play Arma 3 now without EM 

Yup, I use it all the time and with stamina OFF, but it doesn't always work in COOP.

ah my bad, yes it doesn't work in COOP... I forgot about this.

maybe it is something I have to take a closer look in a future, I guess it is just about Local and global scripting... it  might be something to do about this.

Yup, I use it all the time and with stamina OFF, but it doesn't always work in COOP.

There is also this mod https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186503-ultimate-soldier-2/?hl=stamina#entry2951630

@rsoftokz

I'm trying a specific map with specific buildings not from arma 3 (customized once) 

is there a way to make then lootable ???

I think is in "JRInit" around 281 line, defines buildings that will be with better loot, usually military buildings:

RYD_JR_BetterLootBuildings = 

and in "MainLoop.sqf" 153 line, 

_blds = _pos nearObjects ["House",_radius];

if you have customized buildings, I think it's good that the code It should look like this so that the new buildings to be recognized by the script, (thanks to @Rydygier): 

_blds = (_pos nearObjects ["House",_radius]) + (_pos nearObjects ["BagBunker_base_F",_radius]);