Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Awesome mission idea! However, I've noticed a strange thing while playing it. It takes half a magazine to put someone down even at a nearly point blank distance. Does it somehow alter the damage system?

I've tried it with VTN + RHS + CBA, but in the editor everything is fine. Haven't tried it without the mods though. But after VTN the vanilla is lame for me.

Does it somehow alter the damage system?

No. But except EASY difficulty you get very weak weapon at start which indeed needs several bullets to kill highly protected unit. Except lucky headshots, I guess. 

Yeah, bullet sponging is an unfortunate "feature" of ArmA 3 with most weapons that you can actually carry. Everything below 7.62 usually takes multiple shots, even from close range, and since you start with a SMG in Normal, it usually ends up draining those initial magazines very quickly. I wish there was a weapon damage mod for SP missions that made the damage output more like ArmA 2, but so far I've had no luck finding such.

Personally, I like the harder start with a pistol, or even without any gear at all.  :D  Makes it all the more satisfying to finally be able to fight back in the later game. Combined with the incognito mod, this creates some really interesting situations, in which you need to really think about risk vs reward when engaging with the enemy for the first time.

• Like 1

I've played it two times. First time I've found VTN AK-103 (not a weak weapon, by all means) in one of the buildings. It took like 10 rounds to kill an AAF soldier, whilst in the editor it is 2, maximum 3 bullets, sometimes even one.

Second time I've encountered two soldiers, killed one draining the whole magazine of my smg, took his weapon and drained half of the magazine to kill the other guy.

It's kinda strange.

Well, in such cases prime suspect is a mod. I never used VTN for example, but I checked it's thread here, and it's written something about "armored vests system", means something, that may alter this aspect. But if you checked this in editor and all was fine (comparing to vanilla) then no idea. Depending on the mod's design there may be involved some unexpected interferences between the mod and mission scripting (if mod is script-based in this aspect and this scripting is somehow broken by things, Pilgrimage's scripts do), or it's just false impression? 

I started a 1.94 Bornholm playthrough. After about 6 hours (it took me 2 just to find a map), I remembered the problem there is in the latest versions (not just the Tanoa version that I found it in first): on Very Hard the map doesn't show the "marked" antenna markers. No point in continuing then. I suppose the Lingor map will be similarly affected?

All ports share same core code, so yes. 

All ports share same core code, so yes. 

I found the code snippet you posted here a few weeks ago, and decided to see if I could make the change myself. I think it worked, but I have to make sure I did it correctly:

1. I extracted your pilgrimage.Bornholm.pbo with Eliteness into "Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Neofit\missions\pilgrimage.bornholm"

2. I modified "RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf"

3. I launched Arma3 with only @Bornholm as mod (just in case it flags as "required" all the mods loaded at the time, even if unused), started the editor, loaded the directory "pilgrimage.bornholm"

4. Exported it as Single-Player, it created a "Arma 3\Missions\pilgrimage.Bornholm.pbo"

5. I started on Hard and Very Hard and I am seeing antenna markers when I start the mission normally, from the main menu.

I hope that's it, and that nothing gets lost in Eliteness and the export from the editor.

Strange things happened though, like I renamed the file to pilgrimage.1.94a.Bornholm.pbo to make it different from the official one, and Arma3 wouldn't start the mission, nothing at all happened when I clicked the Start button. Quite weird that the file name defines what's inside.

Seems, you did everything all right. :) AFAIK mission event not need to be pbo-ized to be launched from main menu, just have to be in the same location, as pboized missions. 

I can change pbo name in such way or another and still works, so weird indeed. To change displayed name hovewer, to distinguish it from original version, need to be changed name either in description.ext (onLoadName = "Pilgrimage 1.94";) and/or (kinda not sure, which changes what) in the mission.sqm (if not saved in Eden, but in the old editor IIRC - briefingName="Pilgrimage 1.94";) 

@neofit

For so small change , no need to be saved in the Editor.

AFAIK mission event not need to be pbo-ized to be launched from main menu, just have to be in the same location, as pboized missions.

For so small change , no need to be saved in the Editor.

How then? Eliteness creates a directory called pilgrimage.bornholm\. If I copy it to Arma3\Missions\, the game itself doesn't find it, it seems to be looking for .pbo files only. The only way I found is to copy it to Documents\<..> and use the editor to re-pbo it.

decoy.sqf
I have buried five thousand gold coins.
Waited an hour, nobody came but the money was gone.
I feel like cheated Pinocchio at the field of miracles.

Rydygier
Is it possible to? How?
Remove dependence of ff (fuel fund unit)
Add dependence on captives unit
The possibility of placing bait (decoy) to bind
to interrogated captives 1, 2, times
the constant radius 1500m.

Small copy of a great adventure.
Pilgrimage-
I made the following changes
You are a doctor friend of yours engineer.
The island has only infantry and civilian vehicles.
The cost of repairs,
and purchase information above.
The corpse has a UAV terminal.
Perhaps buy loot from civilians.
Civilians are more aggressive, not kill them.
Tanks and other military vehicles blocked the use of the player.
Added setting the duration of the game is SMALL, AVERAGE, MUCH, OVERMUCH, ALL.
Added arsenal of ARMA (choice of menu).

Pilgrimage.Stratis ®
https://yadi.sk/d/eq40OKl1qmvyb

• Like 3

If I copy it to Arma3\Missions\, the game itself doesn't find it, it seems to be looking for .pbo files only.

It does for me. I can paste simple mission folder into "scenarios" in main game directory and I see them in my main menu scenarios list. Maybe it's different for scenarios saved in Eden, didn't tried yet, staying in old editor so far. 

I have buried five thousand gold coins.

Waited an hour, nobody came but the money was gone.

I feel like cheated Pinocchio at the field of miracles.

There's no warranty, anyone will react, only statistical chance. Assuming, anyone was in the radius. Use on your own risk. :)

Is it possible to? How?

Remove dependence of ff (fuel fund unit)

Add dependence on captives unit

The possibility of placing bait (decoy) to bind

to interrogated captives 1, 2, times

the constant radius 1500m.

Probably possible, if I understood you, not sure, but too extensive for quick snippet. What you need, is another option added to each surrendered hostile - "take hostage", working same, as releasing, but different message and new global variable counting amount of hostages taken (als kinda weird - where you keep all of them?). Then just use this variable instead of FF with required changes in eficency/radius calculations and decoy GUI slider scale. Also hostage may be placed at decoy pos. 

How then? Eliteness creates a directory called pilgrimage.bornholm\. If I copy it to Arma3\Missions\, the game itself doesn't find it, it seems to be looking for .pbo files only. The only way I found is to copy it to Documents\ and use the editor to re-pbo it.

Pack with this

www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

Pilgrimage.Altis ®

Pilgrimage.Stratis ®

https://yadi.sk/d/eq40OKl1qmvyb

Could you please add these links to your signature like vafana did? So that we bookmark one of your posts, and always have access to the links to the latest version?

Ryd, is it possible to change some variables once we have started a mission, I mean the variables we set from the settings menu when starting a mission, like difficulty, SAD range, etc. ? Using the debug console add-on?

What I am trying to do:

I usually play with civilians on default, but last time in Bornholm the game chose 50, and there were so many that, on the positive side I got plenty of intel, but on the bad side they were everywhere, often preventing me from going up or down stairs. So for this new playthrough I chose the minimum Civilians=10. Now I see like 1 single civilian every two villages, and cannot get any intel. So I am trying to see if there is a way to change the number of civilians mid-game, without restarting and losing the hours I've already put into the playthrough.

For instance, in Antistasi I can change the default corpse despawn timer by changing the value of a variable mid-game, I wonder if it is possible for the civs in Pilgrimage.

I think, you may try. Some settings affect only/mostly initialization stage - those variables, if changed, will do nothing in the mid-game, but some other are affecting mid-game code, and changing those should change relevant aspect on the fly. I can't give 100% warranty, it will not break anything (as I don't have in mind whole code obviously) but IMO risk is low. As long, you define them with sane values. Save, then test and see, if it works, if not - load previous save. 

As for civilians we have two variables:

RYD_JR_SCADensity - "Density of civilian population around the player. Maximal number of civilian units spawned around at a time"

Values for official settings: 10 to 50, step by 10. The more - the densier. 

RYD_JR_SCARadius - "Radius around the player, that should be populated with civilians depending on buildings count"

official settings: 100 to 600, steps by 100

The lower - obviously, the densier. 

So, in official settings maximal density you have with:

RYD_JR_SCADensity = 50;

RYD_JR_SCARadius = 100;

(up to 50 men in 100 meters radius). Lowest:

RYD_JR_SCADensity = 10;
RYD_JR_SCARadius = 600;

(up to 10 men in 600 meters radius). 

On your own risk you may try higher/lower values as well. 

Could you please add these links to your signature like vafana did? So that we bookmark one of your posts, and always have access to the links to the latest version?

All the links in my posts are the same

and point to the most extreme version.

Rydygier could add links in the first post of this thread.

Rydygier could add links in the first post of this thread.

OK... EDIT: done. Anyone else whats his edition linked there? One thing: I do not promise immediate updating the links nor providing possible changelogs/additional features links. I'll try to do so on author's info/request ASAP. 

• Like 2

And some idea/request.

I'm looking for some stylish picture as a title ornament for the first post. I could google something or try to GIMP some screenshot, but... Is there any Pilgrimage fan with some decent cartoonist/illustrator/artist skill that would like to help me with this and create something? Nothing biggie, something easy/quick to made. For example something like pencil/charcoal scetch or whatever you like. Something, that would grasp a spirit of Pilgrimage. If so, please, PM me. If there will be any propositions, I'll like (pure arbitrary judgement by my taste), I'll choose the best and I could add participating authors of these fine pictures to Pilgrimage credits (which will be expanded anyway). 

• Like 1

With the upgrade APEX
if you are one (without a companion).
File Description.ext
Wait one hour
Wait six hours
Clean up bodies and wrecks
Switch periodic autosave every 20 minutes
Switch fatigue effects for Alex' group
functions do not work.

Weird. OK, I'll check it when possible, thanks. 

With the upgrade APEX

File Description.ext
Wait one hour

Wait six hours

functions do not work.

Unless I misunderstand what is being said here, I've had Apex since day 1, and I could wait 1 hour in pilgrimage.bornholm and Vafana's pilgrimage.tanoa. I always start alone at dawn, and usually wait 1-2 hours after spawning to get normal daylight, and waiting 1h worked.

With the upgrade APEX

File Description.ext
Wait one hour

Wait six hours

functions do not work.

Apex 1.62
Pilgrimage 194 beta 4 game setting = Very Hard
.......my options work ok

Funny thing, I've just discovered something. I was on a 12 km trip back to the boat with the body, when I came across another boat, a vehicle which location i had purchased earlier. I thought WTH, let's spend a couple of minutes and give it a try. Lo and behold, it worked. Any boat will do, not just the one I came on :). I was like 100% sure I had to go back to the old boat. Good job, you gave us an extra option to play the mission.

• Like 1