Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

As for the coop... rsoftokz did some work earlier for 1.94 version based on 1.86coop wip and sent me PM with the code for revision, I added as much corrections, I was able in scarce free time and sent code back for required MP testing (most likely it shares all the flaws of 1.86coop wip). Since there is much his work involved, although based on my work, I decided to wait till feedback/green light from him just in case. But it's long time since he was online last time and thus whole thing stuck. Now, when I remembered about that, I think, maybe after all I should make it public, so others could test this wip despite and due to no word from rsoftokz like two months now. It was meant to be public anyway. So, treat is as untested technical wip:

PilgrimageCoop wip1 (Altis)

(I'll put this link also in the OP)

and if you want to test, please, give me a feedback, especially what happens client-side after resuming the saved session. 

Well some bad news.

Tested WIP4 COOP, I was server.

We played a short while making several saves along the way. Did a save and exit. On resume of game, server spawned at boat and client spawned at save&exit point. We stopped at that point because it's not worth continuing. I did kill the client and he did respawn where he died.

Just an FYI, we played the new Apex COOP missions and along the way the client died. He respawned back at the the beginning of that particular mission 800m away. Don't understand why BI doesn't spawn the dead player where he died.

Not a surprise. At resuming/respawn there are going on things in MP, I simply don't understood so far, why/how. I can't even tell, if that's me doing something wrong, so it ends this way, or it's some problem inside the game. Anyone had any other experience with resuming saved MP sessions in any other scenario/gamemode?

Thanks for testing. :)

I drove the demons out of the circle of hell.

Only TANOA

File
JRInit.sqf
progressLoadingScreen 0.8;
_mobile = false;
_spawnPos = [_posL,0,250,10,0,0,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
if ((_mapDefPos distance _spawnPos) < 10) exitWith {diag_log format ["2470--_spawnPos--: %1",_spawnPos]}; //ошибка центр карты

_spawnPos = [_posL,0,250,10,0,0,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
if ((_mapDefPos distance _spawnPos) < 10) exitWith {diag_log format ["2619--_spawnPos--: %1",_spawnPos]}; //ошибка центр карты
_spawnPos = [_posL,0,200,5,0,0,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
if ((_mapDefPos distance _spawnPos) < 10) exitWith {diag_log format ["2830--_spawnPos--: %1",_spawnPos]}; //ошибка центр карты
  • Like 1

Interesting. Should have nothing in common with Pilgrimage scripts, If that just vanilla UGV control, as IIRC I do not touch here nothing. Tried same thing with UGV and terminal out of scenario? With same mods then vanilla?

Yea, might be a mod. I've only ever noticed this on Tanoa. I use the same mods in all Pilgrimage maps too.

Well some bad news.

Tested WIP4 COOP, I was server.

We played a short while making several saves along the way. Did a save and exit. On resume of game, server spawned at boat and client spawned at save&exit point. We stopped at that point because it's not worth continuing. I did kill the client and he did respawn where he died.

Just an FYI, we played the new Apex COOP missions and along the way the client died. He respawned back at the the beginning of that particular mission 800m away. Don't understand why BI doesn't spawn the dead player where he died.

Hi Guys

sorry for long time not here....

due to very low quality internet connection and all important updates for arma with huge files, I had to let Arma's stuff out for a while

I should have a cable internet connection soon and then i'll be able to be back on the several projects I started.

Rydygier: I just found your PM, sorry I didn't reply to it.

for the COOP mission I've noticed several issues:

effectively if you save and exit, most of time " alex" is spawn with the boat on the initial entry point and the Buddy is spawn on the save ands exit point when you come back in the game.

my son found out if we save and exit when both players are in the same vehicle (abandoned vehicle or better, the boat ) , both players are spawn on the same point. (as far as I remember you come back to the initial spawn point )

there is a issue as Buddy cannot see and open loot boxes (unless Alex first take a look inside) and boxes appear to be full of stuf but you cannot take anything from the boxes (except what is really inside, loot items or something you putted inside).

when a player is selling an "empty boxe" made by the other player, the boxe is sold as "full" and you earn a large amount of FF. (some kind of cheating then....)

sometimes intel from a dead team leader/squad leader cannot be read (click on "get intel about..." but nothing appens )...it seems I made a mistake in the code of the IntelCheck.sqf (maybe it is fixed in the newest version you did in May, Rydygier ?)

I tested the mission only on LAN connection, not on server, I don't know if it matters or not.

I'll try to get back soon, to adapt Pilgrimage on Tanoa with specific Apex units, divers and vehicles.

I will upload the files and see what I can do with this.

Not a problem, I'm glad, you're back. Yes, same issue with player's position after respawn/resume was reported - something, I'm unawared about, is going on there in MP. No time to test anything still. In the first post there is wip version based on yours with some extra fixes thanks to gathered feedback (including a fix in the intelCheck.sqf that may solve mentioned issue). It's back on Altis though. 

I'll try to get back soon, to adapt Pilgrimage on Tanoa with specific Apex units, divers and vehicles.

Perhaps talk with Vafana, he already made Tanoa port, may be effective to join the efforts. 

I would be glad to be helpful.

:)

thanks guys.....

I will download Vafana's release and take a look at it.

I was planning to modify the unit spawn lines for CSAT APEX (green Hex camo ) to be the main OPFOR units, adding divers, and adding the choice between Black, green Hex Mi-48 and Apex Y-32 Xian for the SAD

to change the civilian boat to the RHIB,

to change AAF for Bandits (it seems Vafana has the same idea  ;)  )

and  to use the Tanoan Armed Forces  mod for resistance units .

Holy Places should be churches, natives temples and some "Mausoleum" in a few cemetery... it should be 30 to 40 places to check.

I'm also planing to make a .sqf file to modify the map and add a few "military" places here and there  and  to make a big military  base on a nothern island

and some more military ruins into the several  islands around the main one ( for now the project I made, based on Xcam, add not less than 800 building/assets on the whole map but I have still some work remaining on this  ),

to modify the "better loot buildings" list to add specific Tanoa  military buildings.

and at least 40 random initial "spawn points" all around the map (N,S, E, W)....

I hope to give news to all of you within 10/15 days.

• Like 3

Hi guys,

First of all thank you for trying to create a COOP version of this mod and for modding it Tanoa.

If I could make a suggestion, before changing those things in vanilla Pilgrimage, I recommend getting the basic COOP version working first in regards to resume client/server saves and those other issues noted with COOP.

Regards

I hope to give news to all of you within 10/15 days.

As a consumer of content I know that it's not my place to talk about such things, but I'd like to remind you about that little link you have in your signature ;). How about the goals, story and everything else that is "soon to come" for Roads[z]? Le peuple veut savoir!

we can make both things. ;)

to be clear here is what I've done with the COOP :

based on the COOP Rydydigier made on the 1 .86 version, I took all files and folders of the  SP 1.94Beta6 Chernarus and the COOP 1.86 side by side with Notepad++ and tried to adapt all the 1.94 upgrades to the COOP....

so virtualy I made a COOP 1.94Beta6 Chernarus version of Pilgrimage.

all this work has been sent to Rydygier who finaly found time to check all the files and the reported issues I found when playing. what he fixed.

it seems the only matter now is about respawning after resuming the game ( as far as I remember, I had setted the respawn on the last place before being killed, player to respawn close to his body and having to pick up his equipement on the dead body after a 30 seconds delay)

the only " fix " I found for the respawn issue after resuming the game (player and boat on the initial spawning point and buddy far away on the save and exit point )  is to save and exit with both players in the same vehicle:

- if both of you are in the boat, you'll respawn at the initial spawning point at the begining of the game in the boat both together.

- if both of you you are in an another vehicle, you'll respawn at the initial spawning point in this vehicle both together.

I only tested the game on LAN, with two PC on the same network (RJ45 connections in the same house)

my knowledge stops here.

I have enough skill to do all i've done..... I don't have enough knowledge to fix the spawn issue on resume.

maybe some guys who use to use servers/ MP games can..... I'm not one of those ones. (I know we have to work on the "local" settings to be "global".... but I don't know how too )

certainly we will have to work on the eventhandler thing, it seems to be here that something is wrong....

I hope you understand my actual position and knowledge.

(and yes, not the place to talk about ROADS where I have millions of things to do too as Ravage has been updated a lot and now my missions are obsolete )

• Like 1

Arsenal

You can use the menu.

Rydygier
как запуÑтить цикл только Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð½Ð°Ð¿Ð°Ñ€Ð½Ð¸ÐºÐ°
how to run a cycle only for team-mate?
on condition
If RYD_JR_Arsenal = true;

File JRInit.sqf

Line

3379           {
                   _unit = _x;
                   if (RYD_JR_NoItems) then
                   {
                   removeAllAssignedItems _unit;
                   }
                   _unit unlinkItem "ItemGPS";

3442          foreach (units (group player));

how to run a cycle only for team-mate?

In general like this:

{
	if ((_x in [AIBuddy]) or {not (RYD_JR_Arsenal)}) then
		{
		//add/remove gear/whatever code
		}
	}
foreach (units (group player));

If Arsenal is used, code will be executed only for AI buddy, not for Alex, if arsenal is false - code runs for Alex and his buddy. 

or:

{
	if (not (isPlayer _x) or {not (RYD_JR_Arsenal)}) then
		{
		}
	}

{
	if (not (isPlayer _x) or {not (RYD_JR_Arsenal)}) then
		{
		}
	}

Thank you.

I do not know how but it works. (magic)

It was expected (and) as you (or).

I made the following changes

You are a doctor friend of yours engineer.

The island has only infantry and civilian vehicles.

The cost of repairs,

and purchase information above.

The corpse has a UAV terminal.

Perhaps buy loot from civilians.

Civilians are more aggressive, not kill them.

Tanks and other military vehicles blocked the use of the player.

Added setting the duration of the game is SMALL, AVERAGE, MUCH, OVERMUCH, ALL.

Added arsenal of ARMA (choice of menu).

https://yadi.sk/d/hPwY6zfjt2T68

:)

Well, simply, if current unit (_x) is not a player then gear may be removed/added by the code OR if Arsenal is not used, regardless if _x is AI/player - same.  So it always passes AI (Arsenal or no Arsenal), and passes the player only, when no Arsenal used. 

Playing the latest version of the Tanoa version I found this heap of bodies at the southern end of the runway at Tanoa Airport. A lot of them were Team Leaders. There were about two dozen of them and even more in the town nearby where they seemed to have spawned in the same buildings as enemies.8F534E3FCC4F2FE182D3FADD70F7C85014FCB3CB

Playing the latest version of the Tanoa version I found this heap of bodies at the southern end of the runway at Tanoa Airport. A lot of them were Team Leaders. There were about two dozen of them and even more in the town nearby where they seemed to have spawned in the same buildings as enemies.

Recruits are waiting to be sent to serve in the army.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_findSafePos

Error call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

In the case of an erroneous calculation of the position of the object is located in the heart of the land on the map

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163307-sp-pilgrimage/page-146#entry3070118

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_findSafePos

Error call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

In the case of an erroneous calculation of the position of the object is located in the heart of the land on the map

In that case, that part of the map is always going to be a hot place to visit. Even though it was an unmanned airfield, I had several contacts in the town. Glad I had ambient combat turned on otherwise it would have been a real WTF moment coming up against 4 dozen infantry.

I noticed this too once.

Tanoa is smaller than Altis ( and maybe a little bit smaller than Chernarus.)

we already have the same "issue" with abandoned vehicles on the several maps where Pilgrimage was ported. 

I guess we just have to set the right parameter in the JRInit.sqf, lines 1110 to 1115:

_mapDefPos = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition");
_mapDefPos set [2,0];
_mapSize = 15360;//getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize");
//30720
_rds = _mapSize/2;
_mapC = [_rds,_rds];

this is the setting for Chernarus version of Pilgrimage, maybe we need a smaller number..

Rydygier ????

See, how this part looks in the wip version linked in the first post. Hardcoded number was required only for A2 and older maps, not having "mapSize" property in their config. For Tanoa, same as for Altis, just leave:

_mapSize = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize");

This value determines radius, in which code will search for positions etc. considering it covers whole map. So if you set there value smaller than actual map radius, only lower-left part of it will be populated. 

As for the issue, like a2012v said, reason is, each spawned stuff is placed at supposedly safe position (flat and empty enough and not used yet) using BIS' findSafePos function. Thing is, if there's too much stuff to be placed or too few/none suitable space found on the map, this function returns default map's pos, also from its config. There a pile of equipment may appear. One way is to limit amount of stuff spawned (mostly empty vehicles, but not only, I think), second - to make safe pos parameters less restrictive - this function is used in many places, but may be easily found eg in notepad++ find tool, and it's pretty well described here. Third - write additional code run, if function returns default map position to avoid placing stuff there, eg some another way to search some spawn position. Last - as a2012v did, I believe, add a code, that removes all, what was spawned near default position just after spawning stage of init code and before initial caching stage. 

• Like 1