Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

I've had this happen on all the maps, even altis, it happens when you're near the coast and they sometimes just end up being dropped into the sea

All right then, thanks for reporting. It will be investigated sooner or later and hopefully solved. 

I've had this happen on all the maps, even altis, it happens when you're near the coast and they sometimes just end up being dropped into the sea

On Tanoa, I have had an enemy patrol just walk into the ocean as the most direct way to get across the water, as well as paratroopers dropping into the water. It may be an AI pathfinding issue as well as anything else.

snip ......... BTW that's why archipelagos aren't best choice maps for Pilgrimage.

Yea, would have to make sure a boat is on every island I would think.

...or maybe code in a bit better chance of finding a rebreather.

And thanks for hitchicking tip ,didn't know that one worked.

...and to add, I think it's not available on very hard or insane settings,....Ryd?

Might be in the user manual.

It's procedural, so I haven't direct control on that (if there's a pier, then there's a good chance for a boat at it). I could enforce that, but I don't like such approach. There's always Alex's own boat. Anyway, main concern about archipelagos is always AI placing/pathfinding where several landmasses are separated by water. And amount of water comparing to land area by itself. 

..and to add, I think it's not available on very hard or insane settings,....Ryd?

There's no hitch-hiking on Hard and above. Also because on such difficulty it's disabled everything, that could from mission side point player's location (except marking out some near chapels as intel check result IIRC).

PILGRIMAGE TANOA

Any feedback is appreciated.

Good job on this. I just started playing, a couple of observations:

1. I usually start Pilgrimaging at Dawn. I tried 3 times in Tanoa, I always start at around 4 AM and it's still pitch dark with cicadas chirping or whatever insects they have there. It looks like sunrise times are different in the tropical Tanoa and maybe the definition of Dawn in this scenario should be adjusted accordingly?

2. I looked at the map and didn't see any church icons, just the large cathedrals, so I thought those would be our targets. Then I got some intel and got a red cross on an unmarked grey building by Tanoa Airport. Ouch, so now we don't see any churches on the map and will have to eventually "manually" find every church in every city and in the jungle? What are our targets here?

Edit: I got closer to that building that a surrendered enemy marked as a "visited and empty church", and it isn't a church. It looks like a small white bungalow, non-enterable.

Re non-enterable buildings.How does the code that puts loot into buildings work? You don't manually mark buildings, do you? Because I've had some loot icons hovering above non-enterable buildings, of which there seems to be way more than on Altis and Stratis.

1. I notice this too. A workaround for now is to just "wait 6 hours" via supports.

2. Weird, I see all churches. I use this mod though. @bhc_map_contour

I notice loot in non-enterable buildings also. This can take time to sort out if vafana chooses to o so.

My biggest issue is micro stuttering. Especially when in large towns. Turning player causes frame rate dip which makes the player snap rather than a smooth turn. It might be one of the mods I run though. Even with view and object distance turned way down it doesn't help. If I don't get it sorted out I don't think I'll be playing on Tanoa much.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but i could see it mentioned on the OP. Is there any CUP versions?

Well, there is Chernarus port (link in the OP), that's as for maps. As for units, weapons and vehicles - Pilgrimage takes all, it finds in the config and mixes with vanilla content, CUP stuff should be included too, I guess, when Arma is running with CUP mod. 

2. Weird, I see all churches. I use this mod though. @bhc_map_contour

bhc_map_contour did not change anything. Do you see any churches in the following part of the map on your PC:

arma3_2016_07_14_16_49_45_52.jpg

Not the white markers, the smaller black ones with the circle at the bottom of the cross?

Also, the one that the enemy told me was an empty church:

aaa.jpg

isn't actually a church, and it's not just a map marker that is missing as I thought, here is how it looks like:

bbb.jpg

What kind of heathens live there that don't have a church every 100 meters?

@neofit

The "time" problem, I think it can be solved easily.

Unmarked holy places, It is because you play with mission settings on hard maybe. 

Loot in non-enterable buildings, it happens in Chernarus to, but I can`t do anything about it. In some of them loot are on the roof or on the stairs at the entrance.

I chose to add several buildings in addition to the holy places to minimize the chance of appearing the body too early. 

In Tanoa are 3 types of holy places: churches, temples and mausoleums. I will set them (temples and mausoleums) as holy places, to be more easier to identify without the map.

Thanks for the feedback.

edit

I saw your picture with markers now, I think the problem is in your side, somehow, I notice that there are some markers of churches, and several are missing, I mean default makers.

@neofit

Unmarked holy places, It is because you play with mission settings on hard maybe.

Indeed, I tried on Easy and they are all there. Is this a new addition to Pilgrimage, or to Pilgrimage-Tanoa? I've played hundreds of hours, almost all of them on Very Hard, but never had an issue with church markers, on any other Pilgrimage map. It's already bad enough that at higher difficulty we have the tedium to manually mark the churches that we visit, even though we have a map and a GPS. But as soon as we have a map, we must see all churches there regardless of the difficulty setting. Not seeing them adds nothing but tedium and makes it unplayable for me, blindly searching the whole island adds nothing to me but the though that I could be spending more time doing more fun things. Why even have a map, let the player draw one by hand. This morning I discover how bad the Apex campaign is, and now this :). (I'm not blaming those who didn't to this change, I'm just very upset)

Is this a new addition to Pilgrimage, or to Pilgrimage-Tanoa?
But as soon as we have a map, we must see all churches there regardless of the difficulty setting.

There isn`t a new addition in Pilgrimage Tanoa, I have not changed anything but the locations (in terms of longitude and latitude), neither the way in which markers appear or not appear.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Сделайте кто нибудь кооп режим в игре!!!
Make somebody Co-op mode of the game.!!!

Ð˜Ð³Ñ€Ð°Ñ Ð² кооп от BIS хочетÑÑ ÑƒÐ´Ð°Ð²Ð¸Ñ‚ÑŒÑÑ
Playing in the coop by BIS wants to strangle.

Chapel/church markers visible all the time are disabled for Hard and above, not sure, why, to be honest, but IIRC quite long time is that way. If I'm not mission anything, I probably could restore them for all difficulty, as it doesn't change much, since there are also map's own markers for chapels/churches... on Altis at least. Easy to change BTW. JRInit.sqf:

if (RYD_JR_Difficulty < 2) then
			{
			_alpha = 1;
			_color = "ColorBlack";
			_size = [0.85,0.85];
			_type = "loc_Chapel";			
			};

change to < 5 (or higher).

Adjusting their positions is part of the porting process so if ordinary house is marked, it may be either on purpose or mistake, depends on port author. Prosess of obtaining positions may be easily automated with code like this:

_list = position player nearObjects ["Church",20000];

_pos = [];

{
		_pos set [(count _pos),getPosATL _x];
		_i = "HMark_" + (str _x);
		_i = createMarker [_i,_x];
		_i setMarkerColor "colorRed";
		_i setMarkerShape "ICON";
		_i setMarkerType "mil_dot";
		_i setMarkerSize [0.45,0.45];
		_i setmarkerText (str (getPosATL _x));
		diag_log format ["%1",getPosATL _x];
		player sidechat format ["%1",getPosATL _x]	
		}
	foreach _list;

hint format ["done: %1",count _list];

One just have to remember to adjust player's position and search radius to cover whole map. Also the class of the buildings category may be changed, if needed (eg for Bornholm was needed comm towers classes). Result is given into RPT file. 

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been asked, but i could see it mentioned on the OP. Is there any CUP versions?

If you play with CUP enabled it will spawn CUP loot and often the enemies will appear in CUP vehicles etc. Well that happens for Massi's stuff and RHS, so I imagine CUP is the same.

@a2012v

This is @Rydygier`s choice if he wants ... 

(Это  Ð²Ñ‹Ð±Ð¾Ñ€ @Rydygier еÑли он хочет ... )

As for the coop... rsoftokz did some work earlier for 1.94 version based on 1.86coop wip and sent me PM with the code for revision, I added as much corrections, I was able in scarce free time and sent code back for required MP testing (most likely it shares all the flaws of 1.86coop wip). Since there is much his work involved, although based on my work, I decided to wait till feedback/green light from him just in case. But it's long time since he was online last time and thus whole thing stuck. Now, when I remembered about that, I think, maybe after all I should make it public, so others could test this wip despite and due to no word from rsoftokz like two months now. It was meant to be public anyway. So, treat is as untested technical wip:

PilgrimageCoop wip1 (Altis)

(I'll put this link also in the OP)

and if you want to test, please, give me a feedback, especially what happens client-side after resuming the saved session. 

• Like 3

Chapel/church markers visible all the time are disabled for Hard and above, not sure, why, to be honest, but IIRC quite long time is that way. If I'm not mission anything, I probably could restore them for all difficulty, as it doesn't change much, since there are also map's own markers for chapels/churches... on Altis at least. Easy to change BTW.

I haven't played in a few months so that's probably why I missed the change. Please restore church markers please please please :).

Pilgrimage Tanoa

Start time in "Dawn" is tweaked.

Markers of "holy places" are now visible in Hard difficulty and above. (thanks  @Rydygier)

• Like 6

If you play with CUP enabled it will spawn CUP loot and often the enemies will appear in CUP vehicles etc. Well that happens for Massi's stuff and RHS, so I imagine CUP is the same.

True, CUP mod will allow Afghani rebels to randomly populate armed with AK's, and those prehistoric but nontheless deadly launchers. They will alsp hunt you down while driving around in those beat up old range rovers armed with 50 cal's. Once I got trapped at a factory and eventually 5 of those little vehicles showed up, LOL

[/url]">http://arma3_2016_05_29_23_45_55_169.jpg

[/url]">http://http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/chik1978/media/Arma/Pilgrimage/Pilg4_zpsaqgxblhd.jpg.html'>Pilg4_zpsaqgxblhd.jpg

• Like 1

Rydygier
After the call BIS_fnc_findSafePos
When an error in the position.
This function generates position on the center map

How to remove all units from the center in a radius of
50 m???
Before the start of the mission.
Is actual for Chernarus Stratis and Tanoe

Better to prevent spawning, if center position is chosen. No time now for writing the code, but in general check distance between found safe position and center position. If for example < 50 meters - do not spawn unit/search again with different searching parameters. 

Pilgrimage Tanoa

Start time in "Dawn" is tweaked.

Markers of "holy places" are now visible in Hard difficulty and above. (thanks  @Rydygier)

Awesome. Thank you, and thank you again Ryd, I am having a lot of fun.

BTW, does Tanoa have strongholds and teammates to liberate?