Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Well, you can plant a new one in place,

In the Editor just look under Environment (CUP). There's tons to choose from :P

• Like 2

--TANOA--

I made the following changes
You are a doctor friend of yours engineer.
The island has only infantry and civilian vehicles.
The cost of repairs,
and purchase information above.
The corpse has a UAV terminal.
Perhaps buy loot from civilians.
Civilians are more aggressive, not kill them.
Tanks and other military vehicles blocked the use of the player
The number of places to look, you can choose from the menu

anyone interested?

https://yadi.sk/d/hPwY6zfjt2T68

Rydygier

Prompt can be written adventures
Alex?
RYD_JR_Footsteps in an array
at the end of the mission show the map
with the points of the array
very interesting?

• Like 3

Thanks @a2012v,

Interesting changes, I will try it.

Prompt can be written adventures

Alex?

Not sure, what you mean - translation is too enigmatic for me this time - syntax is weird. Do you want somehow procedurally record events from Alex gameplay as text/diary entries?

RYD_JR_Footsteps in an array

at the end of the mission show the map

with the points of the array

very interesting?

Do you mean visual representation of Alex's path during the gameplay by placing at the end of the gameplay a marker per each entry of RYD_JR_Footsteps array? Not that easy, as entries of this array are dynamically erased in time, depending on weather, player's weight etc. So you would need to collect peridically Alex's position in some new array, which also may caus eproblems, because in time array may become huge. To limit its size you could detect, if player went far enough from any/last recorded position before you add new entry, but still - it may become big array. Anyway, with such array markng Alex's path is easy by itself:

{
	_i = "pathMark_" + (str _x);
	_i = createMarker [_i,_x];
	_i setMarkerColor "colorBlue";
	_i setMarkerShape "ICON";
	_i setMarkerType "mil_dot";
	_i setMarkerSize [0.9,0.9];
	}
foreach RYD_JR_myPath;

where RYD_JR_myPath is defined at init as empty, then each main loop cycle current player's position is added, if far enough from the last position:

_myPos = position player;

if ((count RYD_JR_myPath) == 0) or {((_myPos distance (RYD_JR_myPath select ((count RYD_JR_myPath) - 1))) > 100)} then
	{
	RYD_JR_myPath pushback _myPos
	};

still I wonder, how big this array may become after long gameplay. More difficult (too difficult to write a simple snippet here), if you want also mark certain events, like battles, questions asked itp. But I think, you need to show the path before the outro sequence or at least before debriefing screen, unless map may be somehow shown as another page of the debriefing, not sure. 

"Prompt can be written adventures"

Not sure, what you mean - translation is too enigmatic for me this time - syntax is weird. Do you want somehow procedurally record events from Alex gameplay as text/diary entries?

LOL, it sounds somewhat like german... Prompt(german) = quickly/immediately. My guess: he means something like "immediately you can experience adventures with Alex" as part of the marketing for his mission.

"Prompt can be written adventures"

LOL, it sounds somewhat like german... Prompt(german) = quickly/immediately. My guess: he means something like "immediately you can experience adventures with Alex" as part of the marketing for his mission.

No, no, no.

I want to see the entire path of Alex at the end of the mission.

on the map.

Rydygier

thinks in the right direction.

Lingor map has been updated, I plan to test it out today. Hope it's fixed. :)

I want to see the entire path of Alex at the end of the mission.

on the map.

Nice idea.

Still cannot resume saved games when playing Pilgrimage mod. :angry:

Still cannot resume saved games when playing Pilgrimage mod.

...try it totally unmodded?

Still cannot resume saved games when playing Pilgrimage mod. :angry:

Me neither. With Altis missions the resume button does not work. With Tanoa, I get a crash when trying to load. I haven't got round to trying it vanilla yet.

I should have mentioned that I was playing on the new Lingor. Icebreakr said he's going to look into it.

I'm on 1.60 stable and Altis works fine for me.

I use the exact same mods when playing any Pilgrimage map.

Me neither. With Altis missions the resume button does not work. With Tanoa, I get a crash when trying to load. I haven't got round to trying it vanilla yet.

Tested with vanilla. With 1.94 on Altis, the normal mission will resume, but the 1.94 test will not, perhaps because its not in a pbo file. On Tanoa it's working so far, and I managed to get myself in a sticky situation when a truckful of CSAT turned up. The AI were wiping the floor with me. I hope I can resume it later.

Tomorrow "Apex" will be released; So I made a few updates in "Pilgrimage Tanoa" I hope they will not change anything in terms of class names.

"BetterLootBuildings": I updated with class names of military buildings specific to Tanoa (meaning, better loot in military buildings. In the present version is not working properly);

and more presence of "syndicat" patrols instead of AAF toops (I like to see them running without shoes :P )

First, a few more tests :) .

• Like 2

If anyone finds out that Apex release fucks up Pilgrimage maps by Rydygier, please post here. I won't update to 1.62 or buy Apex if it does. Thanks.

If anyone finds out that Apex release fucks up Pilgrimage maps by Rydygier, please post here. I won't update to 1.62 or buy Apex if it does. Thanks.

So far, I use "Apex" since it came out in dev branch and I had no problems with "Pilgrimage" neither in Cernarus or Altis. The only problem I had, It was with RHS in "Pilgrimage" Altis.

vafana

Excellent, thanks for letting me know !

Oh and I look forward to playing it on Tanoa, Thanks for the port, hope testing is going well.  :rthumb:

• Like 1

A small update for "Pilgrimage Tanoa":

Updating the class names of military buildings from Tanoa. (In the previous version function "RYD_JR_BetterLoot Buildings" it dint work properly for military buildings on Tanoa).

-  Increasing presence of "Syndicat" patrols instead of AAF, although AAF patrols will be present randomly.

- Treasure loot will contain more weapons from Apex.

- Checkpoints objects now are from Apex.

As I said before, I have not changed anything in specific functionalities of "Pilgrimage" (I like the way they are created by @Rydygier); I just changed the class names, in order to be ported in Tanoa map and of course for immersion.

All credit for creating "Pilgrimage", goes to @Rydygier. (Thank you again for your really hard work).

PILGRIMAGE TANOA

Any feedback is appreciated.

• Like 4

Great.

I've been using pilgrimage to get my first experience in tanoa as it is the perfect mission for that.

However I found my highly sought after viper gear swimming around in the ocean in a squad of 10, and even dropping beacon and flashing my flashlight in the middle of the night didn't get them to come ashore. And as soon as I had finished diving for the guns, a helicopter flew by and dropped another squad in the ocean, ending up with a grand total of 6 squads found swimming in the sea during the whole gameplay session.

Something needs to be done about that.

It would be great to have some civillian helicopters spawn at airfields or for it to be bossible to hire a ferry from some static npc to take you and your vehicle between different islands for a steep price of maybe 10-20k.

a helicopter flew by and dropped another squad in the ocean, ending up with a grand total of 6 squads found swimming in the sea 

Helicopter parachuting troops .... I have not seen something like this in Pilgrimage; you play with other mods?

It would be great to have some civillian helicopters spawn at airfields or for it to be bossible to hire a ferry from some static npc to take you and your vehicle between different islands for a steep price of maybe 10-20k.

If @Rydygier adds in Pilgrimage such possibility ..... but to get on another island is simple, use hitchhiking, or a boat (even the one you arrived on the island) or use a Strider.

a helicopter flew by and dropped another squad in the ocean, ending up with a grand total of 6 squads found swimming in the sea during the whole gameplay session.

That would be Ambient Combat (rare airborn AC group insertion case). And that's odd. There is water surface check in the AC spawn code. If that would happen on every map - then the code is faulty. If Tanoa only - then perhaps something with the map? Perhaps there is a gap in the code allowing paradrop into the ocean if player is swimming in the middle of it, not sure. Anyway, rather nothing to do with porting, it's about core scripts. Anyway, next thing to check for the 1.95 some day. BTW that's why archipelagos aren't best choice maps for Pilgrimage.

• Like 1

Helicopter parachuting troops .... I have not seen something like this in Pilgrimage; you play with other mods?

If @Rydygier adds in Pilgrimage such possibility ..... but to get on another island is simple, use hitchhiking, or a boat (even the one you arrived on the island) or use a Strider.

Parachuting troops from helo has been in pilgrimage as far as I can remember, It's pretty common occurance for me at leats. And I play on all vanilla

And thanks for hitchicking tip ,didn't know that one worked.

My fault, I never played with Ambient Combat activated  :)

Hitchhiking only works on the roads.

Parachuting troops from helo has been in pilgrimage as far as I can remember, It's pretty common occurance for me at leats. And I play on all vanilla

To be exact, it's set 25% chance per each AC foot infantry group. Hmm. Apparently I set higher probability, than I thought. 

That would be Ambient Combat (rare airborn AC group insertion case). And that's odd. There is water surface check in the AC spawn code. If that would happen on every map - then the code is faulty. If Tanoa only - then perhaps something with the map? Perhaps there is a gap in the code allowing paradrop into the ocean if player is swimming in the middle of it, not sure. Anyway, rather nothing to do with porting, it's about core scripts. Anyway, next thing to check for the 1.95 some day. BTW that's why archipelagos aren't best choice maps for Pilgrimage.

I've had this happen on all the maps, even altis, it happens when you're near the coast and they sometimes just end up being dropped into the sea