Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Well...you did hitchhiking  on your own risk, especially to an airfield...  (recon first) ;) .

• Like 1

Well...you did hitchhiking  on your own risk, especially to an airfield...  (recon first) ;) .

Yeah i didn't even meant to go to the airfield i just choose it for me. I clicked besides the road =p

How`s the performance in pilgrimage tanoa compared to altis version? 

I've only played it through once, but so far it isn't bad. Maybe a bit lower than Altis, but not much.

Yes, you need Tanoa map and other assets from Apex to play this version of Pilgrimage. Apex has around 8 Gb and will be installed in the main directory of Arma 3 (Expansion folder, Just like OA in Arma 2).

@Stormforge

I also had this "bug", even in Altis and Chernarus, is something rare but it happens. I usually play without loot in civil buildings, my loot comes from dead enemies, checkpoints and  hidden camps, It is more challenging in this way  :ph34r: .

I used the more realistic loot setting when I played on Altis, and agree that I would rather play that way. Trying to give some Feedback though as Pilgrimage is one of my few favorite missions for Arma. Still a relative newcomer in the Armaverse. Only Airfield on Altis I ever took was the one south of the main airport. Hangar was never marked as having loot. That peninsula to the south was my favorite place to start.

Edit: I take that back. I did take the airfield on the south-east portion of Altis on one playthrough.

Really good actually for what is there. Going to get about the same performance as Altis.

Do be on the lookout for some buildings with graphical glitches. Small square metal shed with a single door is one. The loot is there, but graphically pops in and out depending on your view angle. Can still interact with it, even if you cannot see it.

• Like 1

I've only played it through once, but so far it isn't bad. Maybe a bit lower than Altis, but not much.

Ahh ok, im on the limits with my asus ux305 ultrabook (only core m processor ), it runs the altis version quite well, but i cant take any performance drop  :(

Up till now my saves were loading without any issues. Nvidia Drivers and the TPW mod updated and now I am getting some "Memory can not be written error" on save game load. That feeling when 6 plus hours are lost when none of the fixes will keep the save from crashing. :(

Not a Pilgrimage issue. Just a frustration issue.

Edit: Started a new mission, played for a few hours, and my saves are working again. Rolling back the Nvidia drivers and TPW did nothing to get my old save working before I started the new game.

Like Regular Loot for the variety of things I find and a steady source of income, yet I take forever to get anywhere as I always have to stop to loot. Reason I like Realistic Loot more.

Figured that I would make a nice long campaign of taking back the islands with limited ambient combat. Decided I wanted to start on one of the Islands in the west. Realistic Loot so I wasn't stopping at every cluster of buildings.

Spawned in at Laikoro on the middle western large island. Worked my way to Tavu checking chapels then to Muaceba chasing an assassination target. Finished that then headed to Balavu to check the chapel there. Lo and behold there was the Stomper. Took that out, then proceeded to look for the abandoned vehicle marked in that town. It was a boat like the one you start with. Loaded the body into that and the mission ended. That went quicker than expected. Never even left that island. :blink:  

Anyway, was curious about the abandoned boat and if it ending the mission, instead of the original boat, was intended? No opinion either way. Just wasn't expecting it.

• Like 1

was curious about the abandoned boat and if it ending the mission, instead of the original boat, was intended?

Yes, intended. Would be illogical otherwise. 

• Like 1

I thought this railway line would get me safely through the jungle until I got to this bridge to the east of Georgetown. When I did get to the other side of the bridge there was a loot box on the track with no building in sight.

FC0F804E94E19B038344819CCC283E582D066078

• Like 1

Strange Issue I'm having. Every time I try to load a save it ends the mission.

Strange Issue I'm having. Every time I try to load a save it ends the mission.

Possible mod conflict. Try and see how it works without mods. Only in "Pilgrimage" is this happening?

Now I tried a little experience in "Pilgrimage Chernarus," I added some new units from Apex, they fit quite well in the new environment, especially with their camouflage. ;)

Possible mod conflict. Try and see how it works without mods. Only in "Pilgrimage" is this happening?

Now I tried a little experience in "Pilgrimage Chernarus," I added some new units from Apex, they fit quite well in the new environment, especially with their camouflage. ;)

Turns out it was ACE causing the issue. Maybe broken with the preview

Since 1.60 release, anyone notice that garrison's arrive more often in transport trucks. Don't recall seeing any this way before. Kinda cool actually.

Hey Rydee

What are the differences between 194 and 194 beta 4 ?

The words beta 4 is missing ; )

• Like 1

What are the differences between 194 and 194 beta 4 ?

Can't recall really, but beta 4 changelog (comparing to beta 3) is:

- added "ransom" money chance from interrogating captured hostiles;

- fixed some issues with support communication, especially for hunting support.

While I stated at 1.94 release:

No noticeable changes since last beta. 

So nothing was changed or at least nothing important. 

Have to be the luckiest SoB alive. Found the Crashed Helicopter and drove right up to the crate by it. Grabbed the mine detector out of it and mine indicators started popping up all around me. :blink:

On a side note. Never saw this happen with Altis and may just have been a rare thing. Spawned in to a new game on Tanoa with a group of troops behind me. Was exposed right away and my teammate engaged them. Saw that I was exposed before the title screen disappeared. Did not have enough time to turn around and engage them myself before they mowed me down. Always start with dawn, so it was dark, and they had to be fairly close. That and right after I died I saw 5 of them walk past my corpse. Within 25 meters or so I am guessing from the spawn. Must be balancing my luck from the above game.

• Like 3

Since 1.60 release, anyone notice that garrison's arrive more often in transport trucks. Don't recall seeing any this way before. Kinda cool actually.

The trucks are mobile patrols. It must be a new motorised group, same as the 3 Sochors together. I had an assassination mission against a Sochor crew member, so I set off in pursuit with my single RPG rocket. I found the Sochor and managed to get sight of it through the trees. I hit it but heard the engine starting up and it moving and I died. I tried again and despite being in cover I died again. On the third occasion I managed to spot that there were at least two and possibly three Sochors there. I decided to go somewhere else instead. I went to a nearby town where again there was a group of three Sochors. My target was not amongst them, so they were a totally different group. I had an extra RPG rocket by now and more cover being in a town so I took them on.I used both rockets and the Sochors stopped moving and I just had the crewmen to deal with. When I cleared the site, I found that a truck patrol of AAF had attacked the Sochors before I got there and must have taken at least one of them out before they were wiped out themselves. 

Last night I started a new mission which was at 2am on Tanoa. There was a truck patrol in a town just 100m away from the boat. I moved into town to attack them, but before I could find a good position the truck drove off on it's patrol. There were no enemies in the town itself.

Never saw this happen with Altis and may just have been a rare thing. Spawned in to a new game on Tanoa with a group of troops behind me.

Likely one of starting locations on Tanoa is set just at the typical garrison spawning spot, which are close to the certain locations or crossroads (checkpoints). Thus, when choosing spots for starting location, one has to take into consideration things like enough of distance fromthe closest location/crossroad, best, if landing spot is coverd by terrain from the land side, but also is convenient, if any road is close and some building/chapel too. 

BTW I was offline since Saturday - thunderbolt hit a tree in my garden, also fried my router along with AC adapter (burned out quite a hole in it). No one was at home to disconnect vital hardware, good my PC was disconnected anyway, very good, there wasn't a fire:

pieron_1.jpg

• Like 2

@Rydygier

That birch tree is dead, it will dry out ..

Likely one of starting locations on Tanoa is set just at the typical garrison spawning spot, which are close to the certain locations or crossroads (checkpoints). 

Yes, I think that one of the starting points is somewhat close to a crossroad, I don`t remember which one. It happened to me once, as soon as I arrived on the beach I was killed by a patrol. 

That birch tree is dead, it will dry out

Yeah, Sad. It was beautiful tree. One of three, so we have two now. But I'll not complain, whole thing could end much worse. 

Well, you can plant a new one in place, they tend to grow quite quickly  :)