Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

In this regard I would try to selectively use of such commands:

lock

lockDriver

lockTurret

or "GetInMan" event handler.

That may help with restricting chosen kinds of vehicles by isKindOf/ typeOf. 

Apart from that there is a sweet, new command for various traits previously hardcoded in the config:

setUnitTrait

Most difficult IMO to add restrictions for hand-held weaponry, rifles, launchers. You may try:

setUnitRecoilCoefficient

or even:

setWeaponReloadingTime

and set some high values if detected usage of a weapon without proper custom skill. It may be of limited use though, not tested. I don't know sadly any command for weapons analogous to the "lock". Only workarounds that will place on the ground any restricted weapon detected in the player's hands. Maybe pased on "Take" event handler or looped. 

• Like 1

Rydygier

Pilgrimage_1.94.altis

file JR_fnc.sqf

Line 4335--4365

clearItemCargo _veh;

clearWeaponCargo _veh;
clearMagazineCargo _veh;

_veh lock 3;

"_veh lock 3;" correctly

I entered Paros last night, where the main loop code has broken previously. On first arrival I got several RPT ALERT messages, although the main loop hasn't broken. Next session I will be leaving Paros to check two chapels to the north, otherwise I will have to head north east past the active airfield at Almyra.

RPT Log here

"_veh lock 3;" correctly

For example, but that's the part of the cde for check point setup. Vehicles are spawned also in other parts of the script. Look for createVehicle command through all scripts. One difficulty here is, you're a player, but your team mate, except coop version, is an AI, so he may be sent to get in, then you can switch units and voila, blockade "hacked". Therefore I think, the vehicle has to be locked for AI too. But what to do with vehicles at first spawned with own AI crew? Once get out, wouldn't be able to get in. Sadly, I see no way here to lock the vehicle only for the pointed units, so the only workaround here may be to lock only for player, and enforce playing without any team mate. Hard choice. 

RPT Log here

Great. That gives an answer. So, first thing - issue is generated most likely in the place, I suspected, not everything 100% sure here though. Second - if loop works after alert, my safe code works. Third, as a bonus, I likley can confirm main catalyzer:

1:53:30 "zero at: 849"
 1:53:30 "zero removed"
 1:53:30 "----------------------------ALERT ls: [21068.9,17005,3.93567] taken: 0 ix: 849"

That means, an array holding taken positions grow up well above 800 (!) positions, which explains time needed to go through it long enough to give the issue a chance to occur. I'm nearly sure, it's something wrong there, at emptying it for example. So we have working workaround and a lead to the source problem, where to seek for real solution. Thank you. :) That may be a good reason for 1.95. Some day. 

• Like 2

Hey Rydster

Question

I am playing on difficulty setting "Insane" but the common sense factor seems a bit far fetched. For example, I am on a pilgrimage but on "insane" I would still arrive with more than just my skivies. I like the idea that maybe I was robbed clean on my way over to the island but at least they let me keep my clothes,.....but absolutely nothing else.

1) can you tell me how or where to go to change the clothing loadout for that setting?

2) if you manage to work a v195 would you consider changing that?

3) In order to aquire better clothes as you move along can you lightly (very lightly) randomize better clothes but say, only at military outposts?

4) and for v195 would it be possible to add "intel" (seasons) options to the UI. The change can remove some of the monotany, plus I like the TPW fog breath.

Thanks!

1. Go to the JRInit.sqf, in tle vanilla lines with numbers as follows:

if not (RYD_JR_Naked) then
		{
		_unit addBackpack "B_OutdoorPack_blu";
		_uni = _uniforms select (floor (random (count _uniforms)));
		_unit addUniform _uni
		};

Change it like this:

_uni = _uniforms select (floor (random (count _uniforms)));
	_unit addUniform _uni;

if not (RYD_JR_Naked) then
		{
		_unit addBackpack "B_OutdoorPack_blu";
		};

2. I like "Insane" with character wearing underpants only, so I do not plan changing that in official version. Obtaining your first uniform becomes quite a challenge sometimes. And fun. For such crazy situations "Insane" was introduced - thus the name. 

3. Nah, rather not. Or maybe. Not sure. We'll see. I'm kinda indifferent about such thing. :)

4. It's something to think about - an option to adjust weather at start (initial weather anyway would stay as is, but it could turn into chosen weather through first 30 minutes). But that would require separate sub-menu, I guess. 

It's something to think about - an option to adjust weather at start (initial weather anyway would stay as is, but it could turn into chosen weather through first 30 minutes). But that would require separate sub-menu, I guess.

Well this one is easy enough in the Editor.

Thanks!

Just ideas
You need to be the first

Is it possible to add AI group
which examines the church in search of the remote.
One after another.
If the player has a radio he hears reports.
Coordinates inspected the remote is not found.
On the map marker appears.

if the enemy will find your brother
Place it in one of the fortresses
You have to go there.

I must admit, that's an interesting idea. Doable too. The only problem, I see is the feeling of haste, a time pressure, it will introduce, while that's one of the things I always tried to avoid - "take your time" is always my favourite style of playing. 

I never saw the crashed helicopter.
1/10 very little chance
I did something like this:

File JRInit.sqf

Line 3457

_chancewreck = 60 - (10 * RYD_JR_Difficulty);
if ((random 100) < _chancewreck) then

Yep. It was supposed to be very rare, more an Easter Egg than a feature, something for most persistent or most lucky players. 

Rydygier

tell me? how to make the setting
party short, medium, long, full
Selection of the initial array of churches
random amount
1/4 1/3 1/2 1-all
marked on the map

_color = "ColorRed";

_type = "hd_objective";

for a quick game.

There's fairly simple way using only older commands (some of the new commands may make this simplier, but had no time to familiarize with them yet):

_fraction = 0.25;//for example - 1/4 of total churches will stay
_all = count RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces;
_wanted = ceil (_all * _fraction);

while {_all > _wanted} do
	{
	_randomIndex = floor (random _all);

RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces set [_randomIndex,0];
	RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces = RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces - [0];	
	_all = _all - 1;
	};

Paste this into JRInit.sqf, just after RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces is defined. In vanilla it's around line 1409, I believe. 

This will just take one, randomly chosen church position from the array each iteration till count of the positions will drop to the desired amount. Not tested. Of course that's only one of possible ways. 

There's fairly simple way using only older commands (some of the new commands may make this simplier, but had no time to familiarize with them yet):

_fraction = 0.25;//for example - 1/4 of total churches will stay
_all = count RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces;
_wanted = ceil (_all * _fraction);

while {_all > _wanted} do
	{
	_randomIndex = floor (random _all);

RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces set [_randomIndex,0];
	RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces = RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces - [0];	
	_all = _all - 1;
	};

Paste this into JRInit.sqf, just after RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces is defined. In vanilla it's around line 1409, I believe. 

This will just take one, randomly chosen church position from the array each iteration till count of the positions will drop to the desired amount. Not tested. Of course that's only one of possible ways. 

Thanks!

case (RYD_ix_PartyG_AL) : {RYD_JR_PartyGamesM = 1;_txt = "ALL"};

case (RYD_ix_PartyG_OM) : {RYD_JR_PartyGamesM = 0.75;_txt = "OVERMUCH"};

case (RYD_ix_PartyG_M) : {RYD_JR_PartyGamesM = 0.5;_txt = "MUCH"};

case (RYD_ix_PartyG_AV) : {RYD_JR_PartyGamesM = 0.25;_txt = "AVERAGE"};

case (RYD_ix_PartyG_S) : {RYD_JR_PartyGamesM = 0.1;_txt = "SMALL"};

Selected blue competently-?

Seems work fine, nice. :)

I made, on the run, a version of this mission for the Tanoa map; Of course, all the credit goes to @Rydygier, for his work with this wonderful mission. 

Anyway, is not fully tested (I have worked on it this evening for 2 hours), I would like to play a version made by @Rydygier, but until then if you want to try, here is the link :

Pilgrimage Tanoa

• Like 4

I made, on the run, a version of this mission for the Tanoa map; Of course, all the credit goes to @Rydygier, for his work with this wonderful mission. 

Anyway, is not fully tested (I have worked on it this evening for 2 hours), I would like to play a version made by @Rydygier, but until then if you want to try, here is the link :

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=21012256539708433494

Had to give this a try. Pilgrimage is the best way to find your way around a map.

CkuBA3WWYAA6wCq.jpg:large

It all went well, except after a while I started getting ADM offers for enemy presence in Chernarus. I also managed to break Arma, by treating myself and the treatment didn't work. I lost all ability to interact with things after that and couldn't heal myself even with another FAK. I had to go back to my previous save which was an hour before.

As for Tanoa, the AI pathfinding doesn't work very well in the mangrove swamps and I also found a building where I could open a door but not walk through it. There was also a building where the loot spawned inside, but the building wasn't enterable. Otherwise everything was working normally.

• Like 1

@alky_lee

OK... ADM messages, very easy to fix; I used 'Chernarus' version as template,

That "healing" bug, I had the same when I used RHS mod but in "Pilgrimage Altis' only

have you tried a hidden camp for healing? I will try to replicate for me.

I did not changed anything in the scripts, only locations.

Fixed ADM`s :

Pilgrimage Tanoa

Tanoa and announced new driving AI tests made me for first time to try dev branch, so I'll use this opportunity to familiarize with Tanoa using your port. :) BTW, I was welcomed by very nice, relaxing oriental track. that's some custom music, right? 

EDIT: a question. This:

hud_tanoa.jpg

is some dev branch thing, or weird left over after sthud? Because I was using sthud earlier, but this gameplay I set pure vanilla. 

So far Tanoa is so hypnotizing, I'm forgetting to watch may six and even my twelve, just absorbing everything in silent admiration, so I suspect, I'll die in this paradise very soon. :)

• Like 2

Yeah Rydy, I just learned it as well. It's on dev, a builtin STHud called "Tactical radar", a new game difficulty option. Does the basic things like hiding compass directions if you have no compass. You can adjust placement as with all other UI elements.

As for Pilgrimage Tanoa above, hmmm, at any time < than 30 FPS, will have to check used mods first.

@Rydygier

For me, after a hard working day, your mission is relaxing :) . Yes, oriental music, it seemed suitable for Tanoa, especially with the upcoming faction (units and Chinese weapons).

New HUD is dev branch thing.