Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Well, first I would need to see it to say, if it's suitable. How many locations, how road network looks like, general space for all the things, amount of chapels or other characteristic spots... If suitable, I need time for making another Pilgrmage port. Rather no chance soon, my absence from any Arma projects prolongs more and more while queue of the things awaiting my attention gets longer and longer. Pilgrimage coop attempt, Hetman update, HWS update, then some completely new and fresh idea, that lately came to my mind (likely perfect for Tanoa), more ports for Pilgrimage... no time for all this now and in the coming months. 

• Like 2

... Pilgrimage coop attempt, ... 

God grant you strength and knowledge.

We believe in you.

Locking the enemy vehicles from Alex?

my opinion

Pilgrimage and tanks are not compatible.

my opinion

Pilgrimage and tanks are not compatible.

Not sure I agree with that.

CeAA3ZdW8AAT01l.jpg:large

I'm trying out your version of the mission and I am missing the escalation of force as the mission progresses and having to survive at the start of the mission when you encounter armour at an early stage.

https://twitter.com/aky071/status/711007820502736896

Bug?

Lingor, normal mode. Could not get church save. Walked a good radius around the church but no brother or save. Rosalia town.

arma3_2016_01_24_14_50_49_888.jpg

This happened again but this time body no where to be found. Must be inside one of the nearby buildings I can't enter.

Also for those interested, I may have a work around for corrupt saves with CUP maps. Testing Lingor now. If I can confirm my approach and as I add more mods to each new start, will see what happens. If found true will post back.

I have had the main mission code break in both of my last two missions, where loot stops spawning, no saves at churches, enemies and vehicles don't spawn, no civilians to talk to. I could wander into a stronghold find the captive and leave again. I could collide with the roadblocks, vehicles etc but not see them although TPW Hud would detect an enemy presence there.

The first time it happened, I went too far before I realised, but the second time I was able to revert to an earlier save where the script wasn't broken and carry on without any problems.

I think I had an issue with the body at the Rosalia Church before. I reached the same conclusion that it must be inside a building. I think this will continue to be a problem with maps that use A2 buildings, although the same can happen with the solar towers in A3.

I will be interested to see your workaround for the CUP maps. I tried but it turned out to be a false lead.

Bug?

Lingor, normal mode. Could not get church save. Walked a good radius around the church but no brother or save. Rosalia town.

This happened again but this time body no where to be found. Must be inside one of the nearby buildings I can't enter.

Also for those interested, I may have a work around for corrupt saves with CUP maps. Testing Lingor now. If I can confirm my approach and as I add more mods to each new start, will see what happens. If found true will post back.

I have had the main mission code break in both of my last two missions

It would be great to have RPT reports from each such faulty gameplay, I'm generally trying to keep mission as bug-free as possible, so although no idea when, I would like to remove possible sources of such issues eventually, for which RPT logs showing the error is necessary. Since didn't saw such issues long time in vanilla, I suspect an intereference with some mod, but anyway, it may be possible to avoid/solve this my end, if error occurs in the mission's code. Unless it was some customized version of Pilgrimage. 

It would be great to have RPT reports from each such faulty gameplay, I'm generally trying to keep mission as bug-free as possible, so although no idea when, I would like to remove possible sources of such issues eventually, for which RPT logs showing the error is necessary. Since didn't saw such issues long time in vanilla, I suspect an intereference with some mod, but anyway, it may be possible to avoid/solve this my end, if error occurs in the mission's code. Unless it was some customized version of Pilgrimage. 

I checked the RPT files and there were no clues in there on either occasion. The first time was on the default Altis mission, but a mod was giving RPT spam. The RPT file was up to a million lines and 45MB in size. It started as I was entering or just outside Therisa whilst I was engaging a squad of infantry with an FV Mora not far away. I first noticed no civilians with any icons and only about 4 loot icons. The RPT spam I had been getting was for drawicon 3D, but all related to the mod rather than the mission that I could see. The second time was after I had updated the misbehaving mod and I was trying the version of the mission by a2012v, which is still on Altis.  There were no errors in that RPT. I suspect it is something running in the background on my PC that is interrupting the CPU at a critical moment.

Still I am pleased that a2012v hasn't removed all the tanks from his version. I found this one at a stronghold.

CeMsqo0W8AEBCt7.jpg:large 

Al

Lingor corrupt saves were gone even playing with several mods. What I was doing was

1. Before save and exit of game I was alt+tab then going to the saved game folder location and deleting all saves currently for Lingor.

2. Tab back to game and do a save and exit.

3. Resume game right away or next day no problem.

This was working great until I got to the church where I couldn't find the body. So I decided to include all my mods and start a new game to test the theory above. Those mods were

<id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@CUP_TERRAINS\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@LINGOR3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@PANTHERA_A3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@TPW_MODS\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@VTS_WEAPONRESTING\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@STHUD\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@CBA_A3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@RYD_BT\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@REVO'S SIMPLE QUICKSAVE\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@DRAGONFYREEDEN\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@OUTLW_MAGREPACK_V3.1.3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@OUTLW_MODULOAD_V0.5.2\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@ASR_AI3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@EM\</id>

What I failed to do was note which mods were continuously working compared to the ones I added. The ones above did cause corrupt saves. So now I'm methodically creating new presets and adding one mod at a time and going in and out of game to see which mods conflicts with CUP (or each other). It's going to take awhile. What I am doing is saving all saves in each test case and can go back to them any time if needed.

where loot stops spawning, no saves at churches, enemies and vehicles don't spawn, no civilians to talk to.

I've never had this problem.

I could collide with the roadblocks, vehicles etc but not see them although TPW Hud would detect an enemy presence there.

Yes, I've had this issue. Pvt. Partz and myself noticed this before, but rarely for me, that TPW would detect enemy presence but no AI was there (Chernaus comes to mind most recent). I've also came upon checkpoints where the tent was missing and yet sometimes would just appear.

Can you copy and paste your launcher preset of mods you typically use here. The presets are located in folder C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Arma 3 Launcher\Presets. This could help me narrow down which mod(s) maybe be causing corrupt saves.

Perhaps if I would have time to play more often, I would encounter this thing, but not these days. If no related RPT errors, then perhaps script is working, but CPU completely overloaded, eg by whatever caused huge RPT spam, thus huge exec delays, and so these strange things happened. Just to explain the effect of no AI visible while TPW's detects enemies - these of course are there, group's TL + his veh + it's crew at least, but cached, hidden and with simulation disabled. Just another symptom of not running/very delayed main loop, that also checks cyclically caching/decaching distances. a2012v's version, and all other customized versions, are out of my focus, so can't tell anything here. 

Al

Can you copy and paste your launcher preset of mods you typically use here. The presets are located in folder C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Arma 3 Launcher\Presets. This could help me narrow down which mod(s) maybe be causing corrupt saves.

<id>steam:450814997</id> (CBA_A3)
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@BHC_MAP_CONTOUR\</id>
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@CHVD\</id>
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@RYD_BT\</id>
<id>steam:286828252</id> (SOS&DMS Nightvision)
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@STHUD\</id>
<id>local:E:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@TPW_MODS\</id>
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@VCOM_DRIVING\</id>
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@VTS_WEAPONRESTING\</id>
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@UNLOCKED_UNIFORMS\</id>

My mods are listed above for a standard Altis Mission. Same for other maps with CUP terrains + other terrain added if necessary.

So far I've started a new game using 9 launcher presets and no save was corrupt (yet). I made sure I used the ones we had in common if played Lingor.

<id>steam:450814997</id> (CBA_A3)
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@BHC_MAP_CONTOUR\</id>
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@RYD_BT\</id>
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@STHUD\</id>
<id>local:E:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@TPW_MODS\</id>
<id>local:E:\ARMA 3\@VTS_WEAPONRESTING\</id>

Lingor_Pilgrimage_settings.jpg

TPW_GUI.jpg

I'm going to continue a game using the most mods I have in the preset (Lingor test 9) and see what happens. All saves were either manual or save&exit. No church saves. If I get corrupt saves with my preset 9, I'll drop back to 8 and so on. Since I've had no issues loading any xxx.Arma3save files things must go wacky while getting deeper into a game. All of my saves/save&exit were done at the spawn by the boat.

I was thinking it might be something with Magrepack because moduload is also required and has to be reinitialized after loading a save, or magrepack won't work. So far it appears not + you don't use it so I guess we can rule that out.

I'm thinking of continuing my other thought of deleting all saves prior to the final save&exit of a game. Also a thought of corruption due to size of save file?

This is some crazy shit and it's sad Ryd went to all this trouble and folks have corrupt saves. I'm using Ryd's version of Lingor, untouched by me.

I haven't played vanilla yet with CUP, has anyone else?

Off to kill.......

1) Are you guys getting corrupt save on any/all maps or just specific ones. I haven't had a single issue with saves,.....on Altis.

2) Hud showing invisible AI. I don't use the hud anymore but could that be an issue with TPW?

1) Are you guys getting corrupt save on any/all maps or just specific ones. I haven't had a single issue with saves,.....on Altis.

2) Hud showing invisible AI. I don't use the hud anymore but could that be an issue with TPW?

No problem on Altis for me, just on maps that rely on CUP. For me it has been Lingor and Winter Chernarus. I've only tried Bornholm once with no problems, so I might give that another go.

The invisible AI shouldn't be invisible. They should be there with all their murderous intent and trying fill me full of holes/blow me into tiny little bits in a fun sort of way. TPW Hud is just reporting that they are there like ghosts that no-one else can see.

No issues for me in Altis at all with any number of mods. Also played Stratis Pilgrimage done by another member and no issues. CUP maps have something goofy going on and if I can find it I will post in the CUP thread.

Long shot

Does CUP add other factions and if so maybe the script in Pilgrimage doesn't recognise them but TPW does ? Just an oddball theory.

Long shot

Does CUP add other factions and if so maybe the script in Pilgrimage doesn't recognise them but TPW does ? Just an oddball theory.

IMO, CUP contains some entities, some residual bullshit that should not be in there. I briefly looked into how to open terrain maps and see if I could see how a CUP map is constructed. After looking into this I'm amazed just how convoluted and archaic BI tools are. It just exhaust me why it has to be sooo difficult. I'll stop playing before I fry my brain and waste my time with it, it's just retarded and insane.

It reminds me of Robin Williams trying to explain golf. :)

Got a phone call while playing test case 9 last night. Had to save&exit and did not delete existing saves before exiting. I was about an hour into the game, killed some AI, found a tank, took over Stronghold. Resumed save game this morning and it was corrupt. All of them are corrupt in the save folder. Largest file save size was 21703KB. Looking at the report is see a lot of these unknown pbo's, examples.

e:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@EM\addons\babe_core.pbo - unknown

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@panthera_a3\addons\ibr_plants.pbo - unknown

e:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@lingor3\addons\ibr_airports.pbo - unknown

A bunch of these:

Attempt to override final function - rscminimap_script

Attempt to override final function - rscunitinfo_script

This

SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!
 9:04:46 Old style material 207 used in ReportStack not available
 9:04:46 Old style material 204 used in ReportStack not available
 9:04:46 Old style material 205 used in ReportStack not available

Animation a3\cargoposes_f_heli\anim\passenger_inside_5aim_obstructed.rtm not found or empty
 9:04:50 Animation a3\cargoposes_f_heli\anim\passenger_inside_5aim_fromobstructed.rtm not found or empty
 9:04:50 Animation a3\cargoposes_f_heli\anim\passenger_inside_5aim_toobstructed.rtm not found or empty
 9:04:50 Animation a3\cargoposes_f_heli\anim\passenger_inside_5aimpistol_obstructed.rtm not found or empty
 9:04:50 Animation a3\cargoposes_f_heli\anim\passenger_inside_5aimpistol_fromobstructed.rtm not found or empty
 9:04:50 Animation a3\cargoposes_f_heli\anim\passenger_inside_5aimpistol_toobstructed.rtm not found or empty

Mods: A3;curator;kart;heli;mark;dlcbundle;@CUP_Terrains;@lingor3;@panthera_a3;@CBA_A3;@TPW_MODS;@DragonFyreEden;@outlw_magRepack_v3.1.3;@outlw_moduload_v0.5.2;@RYD_BT;@sthud;@ASR_AI3;@VTS_Weaponresting;@bhc_map_contour;@EM

Then finishes up with this:

Version 1.56.134787
Fault time: 2016/03/24 09:04:54
Fault address:  01826193 01:00A05193 e:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
file:     Lingor\pilgrimage (__cur_sp)
world:    lingor3
Prev. code bytes: 8B 0E C7 46 08 00 00 00 00 C7 46 0C 00 00 00 80
Fault code bytes: 89 0A 8B 16 8B 4E 04 56 89 4A 04 C7 46 04 00 00

Registers:
EAX:450E4BBC EBX:00000000
ECX:4ADC09C0 EDX:00000000
ESI:47EBE630 EDI:00000000
CS:EIP:0023:01826193
SS:ESP:002B:0095DFA8  EBP:328AA478
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010246
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Local\Arma 3\arma3_2016-03-24_09-04-18.mdmp

So, now that the report is as clear as mud I don't have to become a report expert. :386: :banghead:

That report doesn't give much to go on.

The problem has to be something that Arma does when you exit the mission. Loading a save when in mission works fine, but if you exit Arma to go to bed (some people do you know) and go back the next day the same saves won't load.

As for the maps themselves, there is a lot of redundant configs that isn't needed for Arma 3 and half finished stuff that maybe wasn't a problem for Arma 2, but with new commands in A3 sometimes they can have unforeseen consequence when using older stuff. I hope that one day CUP will sort all that out, but I doubt that it will happen soon. They have taken on a massive task.

So, now that the report is as clear as mud I don't have to become a report expert.

Yup, the report structure has a lot to be desired. Worthless for our troubleshooting.

The problem has to be something that Arma does when you exit the mission. Loading a save when in mission works fine, but if you exit Arma to go to bed (some people do you know) and go back the next day the same saves won't load.

Yup again, same here.

Haven't played today yet, was busy, but going to do test case 8 soon. ( or maybe take up golf)

Test case 8 successful in loading the next morning. :)

As we know, A3 creates 3 types of saves.

1. continue save ( which is created on save&exit

2. autosave (which is created at church)

3. save or savex (which is created using the menu save)

Sometimes I notice when I do a save&exit then immediately hit escape then alt+tab out, go to Lingor's save game folder in my case C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Major_Stiffy\Saved\missions\Lingor\pilgrimage.lingor3 there may or may not be a continue save.

What I did yesterday was delete all saves of Lingor while still in game by alt+tab, went back into game then did a save&exit. Alt+tab out to save folder to make sure the continue save was there and nothing else except of course the weapons.cfg.

Mods using in test case 8 are:

<id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@CBA_A3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@TPW_MODS\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@DRAGONFYREEDEN\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@OUTLW_MAGREPACK_V3.1.3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@OUTLW_MODULOAD_V0.5.2\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@RYD_BT\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@STHUD\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@ASR_AI3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@VTS_WEAPONRESTING\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@BHC_MAP_CONTOUR\</id>

Not going to say this is a total fix but worth a try AL and see if it works. So far so good but will see what happens when I do the same exercise today when finished.

BTW, I was several hours into the game killing a bunch of AI and taking over a hideout.

Haven't cleaned up dead bodies and wrecks yet so they may factor in some how.

Questions for Ryd, doing a clean up only affects those entities you place in game? Might it possibly affect any entities that may reside in a CUP map?

"Clean up bodies and wrecks" affects dead bodies of any origin, including their near weaponry (weaponholders around) and body markers, also destroyed vehicles of any origin, then also abandoned vehicles, but only these spawned by Pilgrimage as crewed and farther than 2500 meters from the player. Also deletes emptied groups of any origin. Not possible to affect any map objects this way. 

Hello all,

is it possible to make this as an 2 player co-op?

as simply to open the editor and add a second player?

Many thanks,

Cheers

"Clean up bodies and wrecks" affects dead bodies of any origin, including their near weaponry (weaponholders around) and body markers, also destroyed vehicles of any origin, then also abandoned vehicles, but only these spawned by Pilgrimage as crewed and farther than 2500 meters from the player. Also deletes emptied groups of any origin. Not possible to affect any map objects this way. 

Ummm. OK  thx.

Hello all,

is it possible to make this as an 2 player co-op?

as simply to open the editor and add a second player?

Many thanks,

Cheers

Making COOP is more involved than that. It involves modifying scripts.

Rydygier's 1.86c COOP can still be played but expect a lot of issues.