Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

rydygier

I found here KilledMark.sqf

133. if (_side in [civilian,west]) then
134.  {
135.  _val = -10 - (random 10)
136.  }

This mission looks pretty cool I will give it a try :) 

I found here KilledMark.sqf

That's it. Sorry, my mistake. 

They are all a slightly different shade of green. The easiest way to tell them apart is to equip it. If it connects it's the BLUFOR one, if not it's either CSAT or AAF. :)

Green? They look brown to me. :P

Well sort of greeny-brown. If it doesn't work, I just bin it. I don't sit there admiring it. :rolleyes:

Green? They look brown to me. :P

Just collecting the body. One new thing I found out is that if you fly off the map boundary, the mission automatically fails, so watch out for that red line.

276F08B614CF3007DC99E15C54C50480DB184126

Hey Rydygier, just tried the Chernarus version together with the CUP version of Chernarus with all grahpics cranked up to ultra - whoa! The sense of immersion is really special. Have never seen chernarus look this good and real!!

As for the units, I have previously messed around with JR_init and replaced some hand placed units and decided to create a dedicated RHS version with all hand picked units are changed to RHS russians and insurgents. In my current play-through only saw regular "alien" CSATs once. Me and a friend of mine soon noted that probably because of the smaller size of Chernarus couple with less enterable buildings = less loot it was getting really hard, it seemed all roads and villages were blocked, and you got into intense firefights all the time. So I decided to integrate Hoverguy's simple weapon and vehicle shop systems and add some vendors for vehicles and weapons/ammo. One thing led to another and soon I realized you need more guys to fight with you, so I placed some mercenaries you can hire for 5000 ff (using a modified recruit.sqf script) in what I think are realistic and believable places. It seems Alex Laskaris is the type of person who would know where to find your local mercenaries and black market merchants. 

What do you think about this? I know it breaks some original ideas of the mission (it no longer is fully dynamic) but for me it has upped the entertainment value even more. If it is ok with Rydygier and there is interest I could post a test version of this mission.

• Like 2

digitalcenturion

Sounds good except for me and others saved games become corrupt and continuing a mission is impossible. This occurs on both CUP and AiO-TP maps.

Me personally, I'm stuck with only Altis as I can always continue a game.

What do you think about this?

Wow! :)

If it is ok with Rydygier and there is interest I could post a test version of this mission.

For me - 110% of OK. It's great, you was able to customize the mission for your own taste, and please, feel free to share this version with all the internets. :)

Me and a friend of mine soon noted that probably because of the smaller size of Chernarus couple with less enterable buildings = less loot it was getting really hard

Are you fiddling with the COOP version?

I made the following changes

1. You are a doctor friend of yours engineer.
  2. The island has only infantry and civilian vehicles.
  3. The cost of repairs, and purchase information above.
  4. The corpse has a UAV terminal.
  5. Perhaps buy loot from civilians.
  6. landing by parachute (delete)

anyone interested

link

https://yadi.sk/d/DmPDXdFAq5q2T

It is very necessary COOP!!!

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing @a2012v

So how do the decoys work when you have ambient combat on? Will a decoy attract either side no matter what, or do you have to get each side's radio frequency?

In a way it would be kind of cool if this mechanic was tied to each side's IR grenades, which sometimes show up as loot or in soldier inventories. Then you could place them to attract that specific side. With ambient combat on, it might be a sweet way to provoke a fire-fight between sides, either as a distraction or as a way of thinning the ranks a bit.

Decoy affects only groups of side, which radio frequency you have, and including AC groups (it's run "foreach allGroups"). If anyone would like somehow alter, how it works, main code is placed in the decoy.sqf file. GUI itself is defined in GUI.hpp, as RscDecoy. 

Decoy affects only groups of side, which radio frequency you have, and including AC groups (it's run "foreach allGroups").

That's awesome. Related to that, then: When I hear ambient chatter on the radio, does that mean there is a group close enough to use the decoy on? And does that mean I can only get one radio frequency per mission — either IND or OPFOR, but not both? And how long will a decoy do its job? By that, I mean, will it just keep luring enemies who are in range or does it expire after a certain time or after it attracts one group? Sorry for all the questions — it's just a really cool mechanic with some neat possibilities for causing mayhem.

You can obtain both frequencies by searching bodies of both sides. Decoy is "one shot", at the moment of placing it there is one check per group in range, if it's lured or not. Chance depends on distance and amount of used FF. There is also very small risk, depending on Alex's fame, so instead of become "enticed", some group will bring on Alex a chase after broadcasting decoy's location. Some math:

_maxDst = (((sqrt _amount) * 10) min 1500) max 10;

_amount - amount of cash used. So the max distance is always between 10 and 1500 meters, thus maximal amount of cash making a difference is  22500 FF (which gives exactly 1500 meters). 

But then there is a chance checked:

_chance = 1 - (_dst/_maxDst);

_dst - distance between decoy and given group. 

So, as you can see, max distance is one thing, while inbetween 0 meters and max distance chance is reduced in linear way. So if you place 22500 FF giving theoretical range 1500 meters, chance of enticing per group will be 100% on spot, 50% for 750 meters and going to 0% at 1500 meters. So technically you may fail to entice anyone - it's statistical...

Enticed group must be 100% foot mobile, no vehicles, no static weaponry. Such group will go toward decoy position, then perform there SAD waypoint, then go back. One thing: lured groups, that was garrisoning buildings will not garrison them again, so amongst other uses decoy may be effective way to make hidden in the houses troops reveal themselves. Oh, be adviced, AIs apparently have some imperfect/limited ability to spot and avoid mines... :P

anyone interested

link

I started a multiplayer game then LAN so could test. If this is multiplayer why isn't second player select-able at menu?

Seems I too got the save game load crash on Chernarus - thought those probs were of the past  :angry:  :(

Oh well.. Rydygier I have one simple idea of how you could at least prolong a single session for those of us with crash issues, but I dont know how easy or hard it would be to make work with the scripts. Basically there would be ten groups on the blue side that are playable, ten separate 2-man "teams" if you will. Now if the primary team gets killed, instead of a mission failed, we get the option to start again in the same persistent world by team switching to the next team. Granted, all the loot would be gone and would have to bee retrieved again from a potentially very dangerous location, DayZ style if you will. I guess there would need to be some addAction user action for each of the new teams to run a script to add the necessary action items to each of the team.

This still dont solve the bigger issue of multi session gameplay though. :wacko:

anyone interested

link

So far so good. Played about 3 hours so far.

I like how stuff costs more, makes me save my ff and use it sparingly. Have only seen AAF enemy so far.

Like what you did with the skeletons  :D