Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Found the stomper and it must have been disabled by AI. His turret was broken but could still fire. I thought I'd place a decoy here and see what happens. I spent 10,000 but no enemies were near by dam it.

arma3_2016_01_24_18_19_12_959.jpg

I heard they just hired a couple of new strippers

:) Not so interesting, but my theory is: for any reason this building is invisible for the commands using by safe pos check. And since under it may be perfectly flat area, this place is usually chosen, as flat and empty is exactly, what these commands look for. Well, A3 Lingor is in beta currently. 

Decoy

booby trap in action

The enemy surrendered

Hahaha, nice! Greedy fools. Thanks. I hear, AI got ability to detect and avoid mines, good, it's not perfect detection. Alternatively may be used remotely detonated charges or claymore.  

So, this code searches through entire map for specified in the arrays building classes and replaces them with enterabe/exitable A3 replacements while orginals are hideObject-ed? Nice. Thanks for that work and sharing. 

Script replaces suitable houses Chernarus-Altis

No more immured people.

fnc_chernarusedit3.sqf

https://gist.github.com/bosoy/66963e53cafb76f0311b

add a line

0 = execVM "fnc_chernarusedit3.sqf";

to a file

init.sqf

If you really want people to use this I suggest you just go ahead and make the whole map able to be downloaded with your changes. Otherwise most likely won't be changed by normal players (like me :)).

Having trouble loading save files after game has gone on for a while - I get crashes on both Winter Cherno and Lingor, but of different kinds (total crashes of Arma3.exe in both cases though).

I managed to get up earlier saves, but it seems past a certain point it's no good.

First I thought it was the size of the save games (>25MB) but now I fail to load even 20MB saves on Lingor.

Not sure what's the deal. Don't know how to troubleshoot (I don't know how to read minidumps...)

Is there anything other than file size that can effect the restore of a save?

Having trouble loading save files after game has gone on for a while - I get crashes on both Winter Cherno and Lingor, but of different kinds (total crashes of Arma3.exe in both cases though).

I managed to get up earlier saves, but it seems past a certain point it's no good.

First I thought it was the size of the save games (>25MB) but now I fail to load even 20MB saves on Lingor.

Not sure what's the deal. Don't know how to troubleshoot (I don't know how to read minidumps...)

Is there anything other than file size that can effect the restore of a save?

I had the same issue. Appears to be fixed for me.

Try using the CUP map pack.

In the A3 launcher go to parameters>advanced> enable file patching. [Enable File Patching - Allow unpacked data to be loaded.]

You could try one at a time or both. Again, not sure if one or other fixed it for me but worth a try.

Here are the mods I use.

@RYD_BT

@VTS_WEAPONRESTING

@BHC_MAP_CONTOUR

@LINGOR3

@CBA_A3

@OUTLW_MODULOAD_V0.5.2

@STHUD

@TPW_MODS

@CYP_PUSHTOHEAR_A3

@PANTHERA_A3

@DRAGONFYRELITE

@BLOOD_MIST

@MAO_ANIMS_SWAY_FIX

@OUTLW_MAGREPACK_V3.1.3

@CUP_TERRAINS

@EM

@VCOM_AI  (Usually use ASR-AI3 but testing VCOM)

• Like 1

I had the same issue. Appears to be fixed for me.

Try using the CUP map pack.

In the A3 launcher go to parameters>advanced> enable file patching. [Enable File Patching - Allow unpacked data to be loaded.]

Thanks, but File Patching didn't do it unfortunately (CUP was what I was using already, also pretty low on mods otherwise, only CBA, Lingor and Panthera besides that). Also verified Steam cache.

Sorry to hear that because it drove me nuts for weeks too. I can't say for sure other than what I mentioned that made it work. If I think of anything else I'll give a shout.

I know there are two versions of Panthera (or was it Lingor) out maybe check if have the latest. Make sure have latest CBA too.

Good luck.

Thanks. I've tried running without battleye, creating a new profile, start a new pilgrimage and then (after pasting in the save files) loading the save; I've tried various generic suggestions like "largepagefile = 0", changing mallocs, disabling "Windows driver foundation - User mode Driver Framework", changing resolutions/video settings, etc. No go.

This is definitely something with the mission and/or island, which causes a CTD at a very particular point in loading in a save game that contains something offending... I have absolutely no idea what.

tvamvarg

You can try to troubleshoot through the logs created.

In A3 Launcher>parameters>advanced  >> uncheck no logs.

Start the game, let it crash, no load or what ever. Close Arma.

Go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Three files created as I recall, (2) dmp's and (1) rpt. Look through the rpt with Notepad or preferably Notepad++. There is a timestamp on the left edge of the report. Scroll down and see if anything unusual jumps out. If anything looks questionable, paste that portion in a post. Maybe someone can help.

Delete the files created when you want because they will just take up space.

Does someone have a copy of the Stratis port please?

Yet again Steam has messed my game up and I can't be bothered to downgrade the game.

Does someone have a copy of the Stratis port please?

Yet again Steam has messed my game up and I can't be bothered to downgrade the game.

Will send link via PM. Just let me know when you get it so I can delete.

• Like 1

A while back I asked a question about pilots randomly appearing on the map. I just noticed that in TPW air, when the aircraft despawn, the crew do not and simply fall to their deaths. This explains why I keep finding dead pilots when they aren't in the mission.

• Like 1

Nice find Al. We only used TPW air in coop and that's the only time I noticed it. I don't use it in single player and haven't seen the lone pilot.

rydygier
Help please
I'd like to
People sometimes sell something.

Implementation:
_acTxt2 = "<t color='#d0a900'>Pay for any personal belongings (20 000 ff)</t>";

Create
_holder = createVehicle ["Box_IND_Support_F", _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
random RYD_JR_TreasureLoot content

further
_text = "What the hell? Nothing useful in this! Bastard cheated me!";
or
_text = "Oh! Interesting... Now I'm armed.";

Standard actions:
color='#d0a900'>Sell content

color='#d0a900'>Remove prepared box

Not much time, so only simpliest solution:

1. Around line 3683 of vanilla Pilgrimage's mainLoop.sqf:

_acTxt3 = "<t color='#d0a900'>Pay for any personal belongings (20 000 ff)</t>";
_aID = _x addAction [_acTxt3, "PayForStuff.sqf", _x, 1, false, true, "", "(((player distance _target) < 8) and {(alive _target) and {not (RYD_JR_FuelFund < 20000)}})"];

2. PayForStuff.sqf directly in the mission folder:

_unit = _this select 3;

RYD_JR_FuelFund = RYD_JR_FuelFund - 20000;

_chanceForGoodStuff = 50;
	_pos = _unit modelToWorld [1,1,0];
	_pos set [2,0.02];

if ((random 100) < _chanceForGoodStuff) then
		{
		[nil,nil,nil,_pos] spawn RYD_JR_CreateBox;//"better loot" category, always some random rifle or a few with proper mags. 
		}
	else
		{
		_unit spawn RYD_JR_CreateBox;//empty box like in "create empty box" action
		};

Not tested, no Alex's comments, but I hope, you get the idea. 

rydygier

Something like this

PayForStuff.sqf

_unit = _this select 3;

RYD_JR_FuelFund = RYD_JR_FuelFund - 20000;
 RYD_JR_FuelFundSpent = RYD_JR_FuelFundSpent + 20000;

_chanceForGoodStuff = 50;
 _pos = _unit modelToWorld [1,1,0];
 //_pos set [2,0.02];
 _pos = [_pos,100,150,3,0,10,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

TitleText ["Something valuable, I hope...","PLAIN DOWN", 2];

_i = "PayStuff_" + (str _pos);
 _i = createMarker [_i,_pos];
 _i setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";
 _i setMarkerShape "ICON";
 _i setMarkerType "mil_triangle";
 _i setMarkerSize [1,1];
 _i setMarkerText "hidden treasure!";

if ((random 100) < _chanceForGoodStuff) then
  {
  [nil,nil,nil,_pos] call RYD_JR_CreateBox;
  };

Help:

How to remove the marker? if a player is nearby.

MainLoop.sqf

_acTxt3 = "<t color='#d0a900'>Pay for any personal belongings (20 000 ff)</t>";

_aID = _x addAction [_acTxt3, "PayForStuff.sqf", _x, 1, false, true, "", "(((player distance _target) < 8) and {(alive _target) and {not (RYD_JR_FuelFund < 20000)}})"]; 

How to remove the action? After the command.

Thank you

How to remove the markerif a player is nearby.

In general something like:

waitUntil
	{
	sleep 5;

((player distance (markerPos _i)) < 50)//or whatever distance you need
	};

deleteMarker _i;

How to remove the action? After the command.
_unit removeAction (_this select 2);

or just:

(_this select 0) removeAction (_this select 2);

(both will work only inside of PayForStuff.sqf - in the code activated by the action to be removed). 

Thanks. I've tried running without battleye, creating a new profile, start a new pilgrimage and then (after pasting in the save files) loading the save; I've tried various generic suggestions like "largepagefile = 0", changing mallocs, disabling "Windows driver foundation - User mode Driver Framework", changing resolutions/video settings, etc. No go.

This is definitely something with the mission and/or island, which causes a CTD at a very particular point in loading in a save game that contains something offending... I have absolutely no idea what.

tvamvarg

I think I might have found a way around this. The no load saved game happened to me yesterday and I tried this.

Before you exit the game hit Save. Then ctl+alt+del to bring up Task Manager, go to Arma3.exe and "end task".

I did that yesterday on a new game and could resume today. Sounds goofy but worth a try.

What's the most preferred island for this mission then do you reckon?

I've played on Stratis (currently playing) and Altis.. Think I prefer the smaller scale of Stratis at the moment even though it hasn't actually got any churches!

What's the most preferred island for this mission then do you reckon?

I've played on Stratis (currently playing) and Altis.. Think I prefer the smaller scale of Stratis at the moment even though it hasn't actually got any churches!

My preference is Lingor, it's small, nice looking and about 20 churches.