Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

From a playthrough on Winter Chernarus.

Ooh, four(!) vehicle locations in Nizhnoye - really time to go there and pick out a good one!

37C922A9AD8B8B160E4D4B013B6A65E3CB268DC1

Oh, really?!?

736ECF398D511C708FA48B25072D80ADC26B702C

:)

This is still the best SP stuff ever. Thanks again Rydygier!

rydygier

After I put the terminal.
RYD_JR_Brother linkItem "B_UavTerminal";

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163307-sp-pilgrimage/page-126#entry2957323
There is an irresistible urge to crack UGV
Unfortunately, it is almost always:
"Fuck! So this was true. Although it is scrap already ..."
The UGV should have power armor.
Help
1 Add UGV invulnerability
2 Add to HackUGV action deprotection
3 Remove the UGV invulnerability

Better
Submit information on the body where the terminal is located
Such a place is, remember the broken helicopter with loot

File JR_fnc.sqf

Line 3530:
Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_02_F

Selecting the player
1 take the body
2 complete the mission of his brother
So I see the end of this story

P.S.

I wonder what I wrote?
not knowing the language

Unfortunately, it is almost always:

"Fuck! So this was true. Although it is scrap already ..."

Not sure, why. From my experience mostly UGV is still alive, when I see it, although it's intedned to be random, dependent on dynamic circumstancies, I don't want make UGC ilvurnerable just to allow player see it alive for sure and do hacking every play.

If you want to try yourslef, check allowDamage command. 

Hacking is ment to be rare, bonus opportunity if accidentally all circumstancies are favorable. Terminal is ment to be hard to find (or purely at random with small probability to be exact), so also no hints on terminal locations planned. 

Helicopter wreck is a treasure location - 10% chance to exist per gameplay anyway. Rest of the loot is spawned when player is close, so no one knows, where terminal may be.

No time to write more now - work calls. :)  

rydygier

You can change the encoding of the file linux on Windows?
File JR_fnc.sqf

Pilgrimage_1.94.altis.pbo-----------linux
Pilgrimage_1.94.Bornholm.pbo----Windows
Pilgrimage_1.94.Chernarus.pbo---Windows
Pilgrimage_1.94.lingor3.pbo--------Windows

When translating krakozyabrami

I've no experience with Linux and even don't really know, what means "change the encoding of the file linux on Windows", sorry. If you know, what you're asking for, then you know more, than I and could do this better yourself. :) 

rydygier

The contents of the file JR_fnc.sqf are the same and do not depend on the card.
Excluding the island's name. (Bornholm, Chernarus, lingor3)
At Altis two effects of smoke
Line: 4743
RYD_JR_CampFir
e_Smoke =

Line: 4785
RYD_JR_CampfireSmoke =

It is important?

I think I can take the translated file to another map?

RYD_JR_CampFire_Smoke =

This one is unused and even not finished - abandoned approach. Just forgot to delete. Ignore it. 

think I can take the translated file to another map?

If given file is identical for two different official ports - that file may be taken "as is" from one map to another also after translation to save you translating same file again for another port. In general - depends, which file. For example - there are many manual changes per map in each JRInit.sqf. Except Init.sqf and JRInit.sqf, for most of them it should be OK. Well, also BodyBoat is changed manually per map, as it contains outro sequence with hand-picked music, credits and camera coordinates. 

Well, I compared in KDiff JR_fnc.sqf from Altis and Bornholm Pilgrimage and found no relevant differences, thus yes, you should be able to successfully copy your translated JR_fnc across all the ports. 

Playing on. The Chernarus map. I had a vehicle and was driving it when I got a message about smoke. Stopped my vehicle as it was through the woods. Found the camp and some sweet supplies, but now I'm burdened to the max. Went back to where I left my cart and is disappeared.

Didn't lose any loot, but know I'm in the middle of nowhere burdened with no car.

Did I do something wrong to cause it to disappear?

Do you perhaps play with any mod adding ambient cars, like TPW's? If so, it was one of such cars, or regular Pilgrimage vehicle (with blue circle 3D icon before taken)?

It happens only with TPW cars in my experience.

That would be if it. Forgot I even had it on.

With TPW Cars, if it is a vehicle that you Commandeer through the command, then it will not despawn. If they have crashed it or abandoned it, then it will despawn once you get far enough away. Cars from TPW Park will despawn, even if your AI companion is still sitting in it.

I'm curious. Anyone found "FF Decoy" feature useful or tried it at least? If so - what impressions? 

Yup I tried it a few times. It works. The first time I tried it I set a bunch of mines around the decoy area to see how the AI would react to them. No one was killed. LOL

I don't use it routinely because I mostly enjoy the beginning of the game trying to gear up with my first encounter or kills with low ammo and weak rifle. It's fun scratching and clawing for every bit of ammo/armor.

I set CP, camps and garrison's to low to try and make it harder.

I don't think it was a waste of your time and I will use it again probably as a way of gathering supplies early on.

There are three UAV controllers, one per side. Each work only with UAV/UGV of the same side origin. Mad stomper is blufor by origin. Other controllers still may be used for short-range scripted hacking IIRC. 

Not sure about not disabled stamina for a group memeber. Command is run per each group member, so it's not expected. Unless that group member was recruited after last stamina switch usage. Or maybe something weird about the command behavior itself.  I'll check this after Christmas... 

Have a chance to look into this, still curious.

I'm curious. Anyone found "FF Decoy" feature useful or tried it at least? If so - what impressions?

I love it. I use it all the time, particularly when the intel tells me about enemy presence but I can't spot them. A good example would be if I was informed about enemy and they were the type that are just standing inside various buildings, ready to ambush you as you carelessly stroll through, I'll con them out in the open with some cash. One thing I think I have noticed is that the decoy only works at around 400m or less. Could be just a my findings and not really true every time.

@Ryd

I know you said many times that you were done with the mission but I would like to make a suggestion.

I play on very hard which seems to only make the beginning of the mission more difficult, which is quite alright. Once I obtain the few basic items that fill out my gear, the rest of the mission is basically now on "easy".  I was wondering if it would be possible to remove the enemy presence intel hints that you get, say from the UI settings at the start of the mision. I've done away with the hud altogether and would like to experience the, searching for enemy, at a more difficult level.

One other thing that comes to mind is, I haven't noticed helo's or patrol boats dropping off reinforcements. Was that some other version that got scrapped or maybe added by one of the other users that got involved a little while ago? I can't keep track of all this stuff.

decoy only works at around 400m or less. Could be just a my findings and not really true every time.

Here is the mechanism: maximal range of possible decoy affection is calculated by formula (sqrt _amount) * 10 meters with hardcoded maximum for 1500 meters for 22500 FF. A chance per group is 100% for 0 meters of distance and 0% for maximal distance and beyond, changing linear way inbetween (so eg. 50% chance, so group will be attracted for half of max distance).

I was wondering if it would be possible to remove the enemy presence intel hints that you get

You can quite easily disable them by editing a single line in MainLoop.sqf. Find there this piece of code (lines 3055-3057):

//diag_log "--12";

if not (true in [RYD_JR_inStealth]) then

and change this way:

//diag_log "--12";

if not (true) then

Voila. 

One other thing that comes to mind is, I haven't noticed helo's or patrol boats dropping off reinforcements. Was that some other version that got scrapped or maybe added by one of the other users that got involved a little while ago? I can't keep track of all this stuff.

There never was troops from the boats in Pilgrimage, unless added by some mod, as for paradrop - it's rare and even if happen, it's easy to miss. There is 25% chance per AC foot infantry group to be paradropped instead of normal spawn. And AC groups spawns aren't often. Anyway, didn't touched this, should be possible, as earlier. BTW official versions aren't affected by other people's own changes in any way, these are independent and parallel.

Bug?

Lingor, normal mode. Could not get church save. Walked a good radius around the church but no brother or save. Rosalia town.

arma3_2016_01_24_14_50_49_888.jpg

Its coords are in the pool, so it's not omitted. I went there just now and got the save&marker. Hm. If not the body, then I don't know, unless RPT says something... Or maybe somehow BIS_fnc_findSafePos failed, and body was placed inside? Seems not enterable, so this would be unfortunate. But that's just a blind guess, not likely at all. EDIT: I did a test, left only this one coordinates, so body was there, and ran the mission in debug mode. Appeared, body was placed inside this strange, wooden building on the right, next to the church, a corner of the first floor. like findSafePos didn't recognized this building as unsafe position to place an object there. Weird, but anyway, interiors are worthy of checking then. EDIT2: after 3 tries - for some reason, body is each time inside or very close to that particular building. I wonder, why... EDIT3: at fourth try I also got mad stomper inside this building. :D. I can't recognize model of this house, curios, from where it's origining and why works like a magnet for safe position checks. 

curios, from where it's origining and why works like a magnet for safe position checks.

I heard they just hired a couple of new strippers, :P

At least I know I'm not nuts (well maybe a little).

Maybe I can blow up a few buildings then..... :)

Found him, he was in that tall wooden building to the left of the church if you're facing the front of the church. You were right.

I'm able to load the body if I get vehicle real close to the back door BTW.