Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

I have been trying out the Lingor port. First two tries, I had corrupted savegames and I wasn't able to resume the game next day. I downloaded the CUP terrain pack to replace the AiA terrain pack and this time I was able to resume the mission next day.

I have/had the same problem with Lingor. I believe it's one of the mods I'm running but haven't figured out which one yet.

I downloaded CUP_Terrains_V1.0 but don't see the Lingor map in this pack. I assume we still need @LINGOR3, @PANTHERA_A3 and CUP, is this what you did and it worked?

Thanks

I have/had the same problem with Lingor. I believe it's one of the mods I'm running but haven't figured out which one yet.

I downloaded CUP_Terrains_V1.0 but don't see the Lingor map in this pack. I assume we still need @LINGOR3, @PANTHERA_A3 and CUP, is this what you did and it worked?

Thanks

Yes I still had Icebreakrs Panthera loaded and Lingor depends on Panthera. Had no issues with the map at all. I think AiA TP can cause errors with savegames by referencing memory that cannot be read.Hopefully now that CUP is out and supported, these things will become a thing of the past.

rydygier
How to add the body of his brother
RYD_JR_Brother

to control the UGV
B_UavTerminal

You mean to add the controller to the body? Not tested, but I would try this at first in Brother's init field, before this setdamage 1;:

this linkItem "B_UavTerminal";

Could be also:

RYD_JR_Brother linkItem "B_UavTerminal";

in the init.sqf, but not sure, if this works for dead units. 

rydygier

Thank you

File JRInit.sqf Line 1765

RYD_JR_Brother setPos _bodyPos;
RYD_JR_Brother linkItem "B_UavTerminal";
RYD_JR_Brother setDir (random 360);

Теперь понÑтно зачем он тут валÑетÑÑ.
Now it is clear why he is lying here.

Pilgrimage on Cherno !

Pilg1_zpsho70ke4s.jpg

Pilg2_zpspvwnc8mp.jpg

Pilg3_zps5p4iqgoa.jpg

WTF?

Part of the C.U.P pack. Totally changes the Pilgrimage experience! Sometimes you get good stuff, sometimes you get nothing but crap. 

Pilg4_zpsaqgxblhd.jpg

• Like 1

@pvt.partz

I looove to play Pilgrimage on Chernarus map, I added another 20 places on the map and thus increases the playing time, it is the only mission that I play in singleplayer mod; thank you @rydygier and Happy New Year to all.

After a long time away from Arma, I've just finished a new session of Pilgrimage. In Chernarus this time, thank a lot Ryd for taking the time to make the ports. As usual, a very enjoyable experience, with a few minor issues.

Off-topic, nothing t do with the mod. Last time I was in Chernarus was in Arma2, spent a few months playing various mods with zombies in there. It looks like the A3 driving AI does not work well with the narrow, one-lane roads in Chernarus. I played with the TPW civilian traffic enabled, and there wasn't an intersection that had a standing walls or road signs standing after a few minutes :).

And wow, how smaller it is than Altis, it felt totally huge back in Arma2 :).

Back to Pilgrimage:

I played with loot on Auto, and according to Map>Briefing, I was playing on 100% and normal. Yet, when I crossed  the whole country from N to S while getting intel and narrowing the search, I only had 4 houses with loot. I saw the signs from far, and there were plenty of blue "informant" markers, but only 4 loot markers (and 3 of them were clothes :) ). I shudder to think what it would have been with 10% loot :).

After many interrogations I did not get any intel on any strongholds. I even drove incognito through 3 airfields, and while there were a few troops there, none got the "stronghold" map marker. Didn't we get the Stronghold flag by driving close, and not just by interrogating, in vanilla Pilgrimage on Altis too? I forgot.

Also, not a criticism, but Iranians and Greek troops, and futuristic to boot, in an 80's Russia-like land, feel totally out of place. I understand that there is a pool of units to which mods can add units and not replace them and so on, but all this gives a weird feeling. I will play the other ports, hopefully BIS' choice of core units will feel better there, but I don't think I will play in Chernarus any more.

Didn't we get the Stronghold flag by driving close

Nope, only from the intel. 

Iranians and Greek troops

Indeed. There is some way pobably, but requires someone to actually replace via config mod vanilla troops with some 80's Russia alternatives or anything desired without changing their vanilla classnames. (this and few next posts). That, or rewriting on your own JRInit.sqf (groups/units/vehicles pools) to pick groups etc. from the chosen mod.

Also, not a criticism, but Iranians and Greek troops, and futuristic to boot, in an 80's Russia-like land, feel totally out of place. I understand that there is a pool of units to which mods can add units and not replace them and so on, but all this gives a weird feeling. I will play the other ports, hopefully BIS' choice of core units will feel better there, but I don't think I will play in Chernarus any more.

If you don't like certain ethnics, you could remove/backup the pbo (s) in the C.U.P Units pack. I have since switched from AiA to C.U.P but it should be the same process.

If you don't like certain ethnics, you could remove/backup the pbo (s) in the C.U.P Units pack. I have since switched from AiA to C.U.P but it should be the same process.

I only have CUP Terrains atm so it doesn't have any unit pbos, but if I understand it correctly CUP Units will not have the pbos for the Arma3 standard factions and equipment for me to remove, right?

I only have CUP Terrains atm so it doesn't have any unit pbos, but if I understand it correctly CUP Units will not have the pbos for the Arma3 standard factions and equipment for me to remove, right?

I have found that by playing with RHS enabled the game automatically used RHS russians as enemies-with some csat thrown in as well.So it's not too bad.

Huh?.........W.T.F........LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbetyLzyr6o

HEHEHEH-very nice :D How do you find playing on Chernarus? Did you not have the issue I did where every location has at least one tank and apc?And every time I was spotted anywhere a gunship arrived within 60 seconds..

Yea I hear ya. It's just frustrating. :wacko:

I tried Q-Net-NoStamina-v11 and it didn't help. I knew I should have stuck to 1.52. LOL

Just use the Ultimate Soldier V2 mod.

First of all, I hope you all had a great holiday. But I was wondering if it is possible to edit pilgrimage to disable the wind? I just don't know how to edit missions. I want to disable it because I find the smoke nades to be more effective with the wind off.

Also I was wondering if you have the coordinates for the strongholds on atlis? I know it posts them in pilgrimage but it goes too fast for me to write them all down. Thanks for the mission rydygier! I have put so many hours on it so thank you so much for making it man.

If you want to disable wind during a mission I suggest using MCC. It is the greatest mod to have for SinglePlayer. It lets you change weather,time,has an in built arsenal,allows you to spawn vehicles,call CAS and artillery...basically you can do anything with it :)

I suggest using MCC. It is the greatest mod to have for SinglePlayer. It lets you change weather,time,has an in built arsenal,allows you to spawn vehicles,call CAS and artillery...basically you can do anything with it

Cheater!

Hack!

s? Did you not have the issue I did where every location has at least one tank and apc?And every time I was spotted anywhere a gunship arrived within 60 seconds..

Not really but then again you have to keep in mind, Pilgrimage was made for a much larger map. So, your parameters on startup should be altered to be a bit lower, enemy/vehicles wise. There just isn't enough real estate for everything. On Chernarus I play without the chopper SAD. 

I do like the frustration of having to pick through crappy loot/vehicles though. It makes you think long and hard about what to do.

I still play Chernarus with chopper SAD on very long. It makes life interesting, I agree about the loot. Finding something useful is all the better when you find out. Not so good when you risk your life for a straw hat though.

On Chernarus I play without the chopper SAD. 

I do like the frustration of having to pick through crappy loot/vehicles though. It makes you think long and hard about what to do.

I parked my Stryder at the base of the tower. The enemy decided to repo it !!!

https://youtu.be/ssmOgvzYNJ4

It's very disconcerting to return to a vehicle to find the enemy have repossessed it especially when it's an armed vehicle. I had the same with a Gorgon. Fortunately I had killed the crew so it was only occupied by some infantry in the back.

AI do not really steal the vehicle, they do not drive your vehicle, they only enter in your vehicle if is an armed vehicle (turrets etc) and they will use it

Anyway, this is one of the best (if not the best) usermade SP mission, I like it.

Personally I like the fact that they may commandeer the vehicle, adds a little realism and hopefully makes you more careful. But each to their own i guess. ;)

Personally I like the fact that they may commandeer the vehicle, adds a little realism and hopefully makes you more careful.

.....I agree. It was just a surprise.