Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Its' the consequence of the map size. Gameplay on the other maps will have different flavour due to these maps' specificty. Some Altis habits may require a change. Lingor for example is barely 10x10. IMO minimal suitable dimentions. Despite in general lower AI number this makes all more intense. Same to the extend for Chernarus, although it's roughly 15x15. You may consider tone down initial settings as for hostile presence density and air SAD patrols range. 

Porting is one thing, but the mission as a whole was designed for Altis and there it fits best as for proportions. Other maps may produce some "funny" anomalies. 

It's about a vehicle? If you play on HARD or higher (lack of chapel icons indicate that), ADM returns a random vehicle, not the closest one. BTW seems, one of the anomalies is highly effective "exclusive" intel range, due to low chapel count and map size, a single intel of that kind can clear out like 1/3 of the map. Certainly, gameplay on these maps will differ. Here easier to find, but harder to get there and get out of there. 

Thats cool,thanks mate. i will change initial settings,but i get what you are saying about the map sizes.

oh -I finally finishes Pilgrimage on Altis for the first time a couple of weeks ago-and it only took me about 40 mins :) I started the mission only about 2km from the target hehehe.The nature of randomness :)

...and another thing ! WTF???

It's about a vehicle?

LOL Yup. reminds me about a deal I had with a car dealer long ago. Three days later the as i drove over a set of RR tracks, all the bondo fell out of the door panels. Water spray from the road was getting the back seat wet! WTF?

• Like 1

RYD

Does disabling "Turn off fatigue effects for Alex's group" turn off stamina also?

Yes. From what I saw it's easy to check, because when stamina is off, there is no stamina bar when you're moving, while otherwise it appears then. 

I see what's happening now for me. I use Moduload and Magrepack, when re-initializing mods to get these to work, it toggles the fatigue to enable again. I just have to remember to toggle it back in Pilgrimage.

Thanks

rydygier

File JR_fnc.sqf
 line 5888:
_sent = "RADIO: " + (name _caller) + " completed Seek and Destroy run. We're RTB, out.";

Explain precisely the meaning of the message.
Describe the event in which this message appears.
Difficulties in translation.
The helicopter returned to the base nor anyone not finding.
Correctly.
_sent = "RADIO: " + (name _caller) + " Цель не найдена, при обнаружении уничтожим. ВозвращаемÑÑ Ð½Ð° базу. Конец ÑвÑзи.";

I'll take a shot at it.

If SAD = true then: When enemy spots you and you are within travel distance of the Helicopter, (based on short, medium, long) the heli goes on Seek and Destroy mission to find you (Alex) and kill. If after a certain amount of time the heli does not find you it creates that message you mention and Returns to Base (RTB).

You should see a message prior to the helicopter arriving at your location that ground enemy request aerial support.

What he said. This message is broadcasted by the helicopter at the end of his seek and destroy run, no matter, if they found you or any enemy or not. Just after this message helicopter will return to his airfield and land. 

Can't get Stamina in Lingor to go away. First play through with RYD's mappack I could get the stamina bar to go away. Now when I disable, it remains.

What a pain and idiotic idea adding that to the game was.

Anyone know if the 1.54 hotfix was released yet?  http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00051

Any comment Ryd?

Fixed: Stamina Bar was sometimes shown when Stamina was disabled

Stamina.jpg

What can I say, the code is really simple. If Stamina is on, using 0-8 switch will run enableStamina false per each unit of current player's group. Otherwise - enableStamina true is used. That's all about it. It was briefly tested (before and after hotfix, vanilla) and worked reliably, also on Lingor. The hotfix IIRC was released several days ago. Besides these short tests I had no opportunity to familiarize longer with the new stamina system. 

Yea I hear ya. It's just frustrating. :wacko:

I tried Q-Net-NoStamina-v11 and it didn't help. I knew I should have stuck to 1.52. LOL

No chance, I'm affraid. I started work with coop, but my free time is over - RL job strikes back, will take several weeks at least.

Merry Christmas to all anyway. :)

• Like 2

Sometimes when I find a UAV controller it allows me to "Open up UAV" and control Stomper and sometimes it doesn't. Is there a certain type of UAV required or can it be used only in certain situations? Like maybe if only the Stomper is alive. If not alive the option is not there?

When I switch to other AI player #2 his fatigue/stamina is not disabled. Disabling fatigue for "Alex's group" should do both player and AI...correct?

This is playing Lingor on 1.54.

There are three UAV controllers, one per side. Each work only with UAV/UGV of the same side origin. Mad stomper is blufor by origin. Other controllers still may be used for short-range scripted hacking IIRC. 

Not sure about not disabled stamina for a group memeber. Command is run per each group member, so it's not expected. Unless that group member was recruited after last stamina switch usage. Or maybe something weird about the command behavior itself.  I'll check this after Christmas... 

I apologize for going off topic whit this post: it's just a reminding of social justice.

In 1992, only one year after the homosexuality was excluded from the list of mental illnesses of the World Health Organization, the Queen, gay pub in Paris, celebrated this with STAND ON THE WORD that I leave here as a gift.

Thanks again Rydygier for your work.

Fabulous parties to you all.

First of all, I hope you all had a great holiday. But I was wondering if it is possible to edit pilgrimage to disable the wind? I just don't know how to edit missions. I want to disable it because I find the smoke nades to be more effective with the wind off.

Also I was wondering if you have the coordinates for the strongholds on atlis? I know it posts them in pilgrimage but it goes too fast for me to write them all down. Thanks for the mission rydygier! I have put so many hours on it so thank you so much for making it man.

My answers are from my understanding.

@pvt.philips

But I was wondering if it is possible to edit pilgrimage to disable the wind?

The weather is dictated by the Arma engine however, you can change how it sounds, AND, what the weather will become.

1) to change how the "wind" or any other ambient sounds are you could try using a sound mod called Dragonfyre.

http://jsrs-studios.com/

Sorry that this particular part of the answer is not what you are askinig about but I thought you might find it interesting.

I want to disable it because I find the smoke nades to be more effective with the wind off.

...That's not really realistic is it? No matter, to each his own.

2) to change the weather itself you could try a mod called "dynamic weather". With this mod you can urge the weather to trend to whatever you find best suited for you.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168712-dynamic-weather-script-and-addon-tort-dynamicweather/

Also I was wondering if you have the coordinates for the strongholds on atlis?

The coordinates are in the map menu. Check under messages to Alex or something. The locations of the strongholds change with each gameplay.

@ Pvt. Partz

I have dragonfyre and I find it to be amazing. Sadly the dynamic weather is not mp but I will be using it for sp for sure. I should have mentioned that I play this with my friend sometimes. And that I was looking to edit the coop and the sp to turn off the wind. Thanks for the coordinates and the response Partz.

I have been trying out the Lingor port. First two tries, I had corrupted savegames and I wasn't able to resume the game next day. I downloaded the CUP terrain pack to replace the AiA terrain pack and this time I was able to resume the mission next day. It also moved the body closer to the boat. The only thing is, I use the random daytime setting, and each time I have been in the dark. Trying to find your way around in the dark without NVGs or a torch makes it very hard. I was fighting with shadows a few times, but I managed to kill an enemy who had a torch. I didn't get NVGs until after I found the body, when I spotted a POW was wearing some. After that every dead body had NVGs.