Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

...anyone else having trouble restarting Lingor from a "saved game"?

Disabled ACE and save/restart works ok.....so far.

I always try ACE after an updated release because I like the medical system. However, as hard as they work on this mod it seems to have ongoing issues.

Does anyone know of a solid med mod that works, similar to ACE?

Disabled ACE and save/restart works ok.....so far.

I always try ACE after an updated release because I like the medical system. However, as hard as they work on this mod it seems to have ongoing issues.

Does anyone know of a solid med mod that works, similar to ACE?

I think Tort_weather was my issue.

Hey dude, do you have any plans to update the coop scenario to the latest version? Also, some new maps for coop would be cool.

This mission is my favorite. I really really like this mission.

Coop awaits till I'm done with present ports. Ports await for A3 1.54. Coop, if I manage to prepare the coop version, it will be for Altis only. Any coop ports then - do on your own, guys. That's my plan. RL work may delay it any time for any time though. 

Ha !  LMAO

That was a helluva tough stronghold to take. The extra paratroopers didn't help. I thought I could sneak in and out again. I was moving towards a building to stack up on the wall, when 4 enemies burst out through the doors. They didn't bother to open the doors, they just burst through them. I ended up pinned in a timber barn, slowly picking them off one by one, I was impressed at the AI coming at me from all directions, sneaking round or doing 4 man rushes on my position. I died a lot. Just when I thought I was making progress, the recon squads turned up that had tracked me from a nearby town. I thought I had finally cleared the area and went to release the captive. Just as I paid the cash, the marksman was reported and I saw him over the captives shoulder before I could properly take control of him. Gutted.

Fun stuff no doubt. I'm retired and have lots of time to play. So many different encounters with so many ways to approach them.

Alky, you ever want to try coop with Partz and I? We play on most Sundays. I host out of Pennsylvania, not sure how pings would be from York, I assume England.

I think Tort_weather was my issue.

Which version, 1 or 2? Interesting. I don't see anything that could break savegames (and never experienced broken savegames, I'm using an evolution of dyn. weather 2)...

I play Chernarus_winter these days. With appropriate weather, which is strong wind, more or less fog, many clouds and no rain (I don't want to do snow yet... can of worms).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/644375227022109114/E3C63B578513FDEE201FA3BEE41CC9BFE26750E6/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/644375227022109868/5BE7A59965FFA615FA0A60549292AF91AE13774B/

I also love to play Namalsk, but it is pretty small, so I'm quite happy there's Chernarus Winter.

Which version, 1 or 2? Interesting. I don't see anything that could break savegames (and never experienced broken savegames, I'm using an evolution of dyn. weather 2)...

I play Chernarus_winter these days. With appropriate weather, which is strong wind, more or less fog, many clouds and no rain (I don't want to do snow yet... can of worms).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/644375227022109114/E3C63B578513FDEE201FA3BEE41CC9BFE26750E6/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/644375227022109868/5BE7A59965FFA615FA0A60549292AF91AE13774B/

I also love to play Namalsk, but it is pretty small, so I'm quite happy there's Chernarus Winter.

I started a new Chern Winter map yesterday with version 2. I noticed when I spawned I had no TPW HUD. I saved and exited. Arma would not reload a saved game. Took out your version 2, started a new game and all is working now. Even resume game.

So..I don't know. :386:

Is there any way to completely replace one faction with another? I'd kinda love to play the Chernarus portion with our 2035 Russians, but have no idea what to do or rewrite in the config.

Is there any way to completely replace one faction with another? I'd kinda love to play the Chernarus portion with our 2035 Russians, but have no idea what to do or rewrite in the config.

I was thinking about something similar, that is, change the factions to Middle Eastern rebels and African rebels for the Lingor map.

...and speaking of the Middle East...

@Ryd', do you know if the mod JBAD Building should be used if we are playing on the Lingor map? I haven't found anything that says we have to, but I noticed other similar terrains such as Fallujah require it for best results.

Is there any way to completely replace one faction with another? I'd kinda love to play the Chernarus portion with our 2035 Russians, but have no idea what to do or rewrite in the config.

Not really from the mission code side, unless you're ready for some serious JRInit.sqf modifications. Some garrisons and groups are hand picked, as for the rest - code takes all from the config, and vanilla groups are always there. And of course such change means one more permanent mod dependency. 

One other way I see, is using some hypothetical replacement mod, that not adds new units, but actually replaces models of vanilla troops without changing their classname. But such thing has to be done by mod author or by patching his mod with own config doing such replacement. 

do you know if the mod JBAD Building 

No idea. Lingor port was prepared without such mod. 

Roger that, I guess we could whip up an replacement config for our mod. Thanks for the tip. :)

I was away from Arma for several months until i saw you have released a version for Chernarus.

As i love that map i just had to try it out and i am now playing the mission for four days straight.

Funny thing happened to me this morning somewhere around that airfield in the south.

I am using a couple mods including RHS and i realise that the mission is using resources from mods such as weapons and vehicles.

Anyway this morning i got ambushed by a full squad of Russian soldiers, about ten of them, in full RHS gear.They are even speaking russian.

I dont know is this intentional since i have not read this thread for a few months, but i find it fantastic and very immersive.

If it is a bug in my game than it is a bug that i actualy enjoyed.

• Like 1

Not a bug, intentional feature - mission will use not only weapons or vehicles, but also groups from the active mods, along with vanilla units. I'm glad, you like it, enjoy. :)

Available new betas for the main mission and all the ports. Main changes:

- loot selling code compatibile with new vest/headgear config. Hopefully, prices will in balanced way reflect new personal protection system. 

- fatigue switch now turns on/off new Stamina system. 

- added some fail safe code for checkpoints set up function to avoid some RPT error logs due to not proper crossroads on custom maps (in fact that's map maker's job - to keep road network properly connected and clean, but it's not always that simple...). I hope, it works OK, but please, report any oddities around positions of sandbag posts located at road segments neighbouring with the crossroads, where checkpoint was set. 

Scenarios are barely tested due to lack of time. If all OK, perhaps next will come full release?

• Like 2

Pilgrimage_1.94_beta4.Altis.pbo
 File JRInit.sqf
 line 601:

Altis (medium reliability):",
 "5403,17923",
 "20911,19250",
 "14210,21231",
 "9958,19332",
 "12276,8909",
 "12399,15191",
 "9525,15097",
 "20076,6740",
 "8284,10063",
 "END OF Attachment #2"

so more informative

Altis (medium reliability):",
 "054, 179",
 "209, 192",
 "142, 212",
 "099, 193",
 "122, 089",
 "123, 151",
 "095, 150",
 "200, 067",
 "082, 100",
 "END OF Attachment #2"

Altis beta 4 does not give me supports menu that would show waiting and clean up.

I don't have downloaded any other versions to try but I did grab 1.93 from here and it does show up.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24665

Using the same mods on each.

For some strange reason I cannot resume a saved game in Lingor once my PC is shut down. Get on the next day and saved games just won't load, shows an access_violation on exit. I get the full bar at the very top of the loading screen, but the little box that pops up showing the picture and its shorter loading bar just goes straight to 100% and stays there until I press escape...then crash. My Arma3 is instaIled on an SSD (it's the only game on it) and it checks out to be working properly. I can load a save while in game, I can resume a game if the PC stays on IIRC.

I redownloaded Allinoneterrainpack again, still no go.

I have 0-8 supports menu on place, so mission itself seems OK here. Not sure about the rest of your problems, either something wrong with installation, some used mod or somthing between hardware and the game itself, perhaps too little RAM? I had variety of strange errors like vanilla config error messages and CTDs, till I used -maxMem=8192 (for 16GB of RAM - less may be sufficient). Of course, I'm testing vanilla though (except ports requirements). 

so more informative

Hm. Seems subjective. I prefer first way - it's most basic: meters from [0,0] map corner. BTW, except Altis, now code adds these coords with some random spread procedurally, basing on possible base locations array. This also returns current form and likely would be not trivial to transform it into the latter. 

Available new betas for the main mission and all the ports. Main changes:

- loot selling code compatibile with new vest/headgear config. Hopefully, prices will in balanced way reflect new personal protection system. 

- fatigue switch now turns on/off new Stamina system. 

- added some fail safe code for checkpoints set up function to avoid some RPT error logs due to not proper crossroads on custom maps (in fact that's map maker's job - to keep road network properly connected and clean, but it's not always that simple...). I hope, it works OK, but please, report any oddities around positions of sandbag posts located at road segments neighbouring with the crossroads, where checkpoint was set. 

Scenarios are barely tested due to lack of time. If all OK, perhaps next will come full release?

I'm getting funny prices when selling gear off dead bodies. Says something like I got nan ff, and my account is now any ff. I am using the CSAT Snow Tigers mod in Chernarus Winter if that makes any difference. No time to check in vanilla.

Yes, I see it now. Thanks. I'll fix this ASAP...

All right. It was ordinary typo in the variable name due to haste. Betas are re-uploading now.

Edited by rydygier