Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Guys, I do appreciate every input, but understand: development stage for Pilgrimage is in fact behind us long time now. The more after these ports. And my free time is scarce, any day may be none again for the next half of year. I would be happy, if able to provide as the last feature this decoy thing to close the topic of new thing for Pilgrimage (at least till women will be added to the game by BI or that sort of revolution... :) ). 

These ideas were for any of the mission makers to fiddle with. @Ryd'...I know you are pretty much done with your vision on this project.

In Chernarus there are two buildings types in particular that show yellow icons but intel or crate is not showing. Does it help to take SS of those buildings to find out why?

These ideas were for any of the mission makers to fiddle with. @Ryd'...I know you are pretty much done with your vision on this project.

Ah, I see. Cool then. :)

In Chernarus there are two buildings types in particular that show yellow icons but intel or crate is not showing. Does it help to take SS of those buildings to find out why?

Thanks, sure, screens would be helpful, so I could glare at these troublemaking houses with adequate disapproval, also rough coords (where to look for an example of such buildings). Then I'll  check, what's wrong with them. I suspect loot buried underground case. 

Meanwhile all betas got an update. Main changes are:

1. New phone/ADM sounds + moved them into 3D (so, if switching to the companion player actually can hear the ringtone from Alex's pocket... or not, if far enough). 

2. FF Decoy. How it works: 

- a new action is available to place such decoy, if at least one frequency was obtained (so player need to make at least one hostile kill and search the body to see this action), also can't be in combat (he knows enemy and enemy knows him at the same time), need to have at least 1000 ff, as this is minimal sum to make a decoy. 

- if used, GUI will show up allowing to set amount of FF to spare. To exit without placing a decoy, Esc key should be pressed. Exact spot is 1.5 meter in front of the player (can't be on water). 

- maximal range of decoy depends on amount of FF in this way: (sqrt _amount) * 10 meters. Hardcoded maximum is 1500 meters, so maximal possible amount of FF is 22500. 

- attracted may be whole infantry groups of eastern and resistance sides respectively to obtained frequencies, no possibility to select only one frequence if both in possession, all available used always. No civs for some technical reasons. Attracted groups are temporarily excluded from caching. 

- For each proper group (on foot (thus eg. checkpoints not affected, but hidden camps affected), not busy with other decoy or the chase, some other conditions) a chance is calculated, where 100% is for 0 meter distance and 0% for maximal range, dropping in linear way. 

- if passed, group will soon go to the location, then perfrom SAD patrol, then stay there some time + until no enemy known, then go back (roughly, same places will be NOT taken by units once garrisoned in buildings or around the campfire). Proper radio comm will show up. 

- if at least one group is attracted, at the spot marker will be placed showing number of currently attracted groups. Group that returned to the initial position will be no longer considered as attracted. Then number at the marked is pdated. When reduced to 0 - marker diappears. 

- depending on player's fame, risk appears, so one of subsequent tested groups will not be attracted, but instead checks for further groups will be cancelled, and the group will report the player to be chased (on normal conditions, so after that proper chasing groups has to be near enough to initiate the chase). At the beginning risk is none though.

All right. Had no time to test it properly on the ports, so expect anything, please report any issues or possible exploits generated by this feature. Have fun. :)

• Like 3

@Rydygier

I think Chernarus is winning me over Altis. Spawned near the airport with just a handgun and look what happens when you go crazy!  :D

arma3_2015_11_11_20_10_39.jpg

And that's all from the airport!

• Like 3

I started a new mission in Chernarus last night using the RC branch. This morning I was going to try FFdecoy, but unfortunately I can't load the mission. I either have a corrupted save or another addon incomplete config issue. I've tried 4 times and it has crashed at the same point each time.

9:20:46 class HitPoints::HitFuel not found in sabC130Float1

I don't know which mod it comes from but I suspect it's a C130 so it won't be vanilla and I'm hoping it's not the AiA terrain pack. I love Chernarus.

I will have to start a new mission later with only vanilla units & vehicles.

Having said that, the new ringtones work and I did get the FFdecoy option once I got the radio frequencies. I struggled to get ammo from dead units so I was in no position to fight a major battle. I was using almost as much ammo killing as I was getting back, so I finished with 4 partly used mags of Katiba ammo and a full one on the rifle. My companion wouldn't stop complaining about no ammo. With the Nexus update, enemies seem to be harder to kill and take more shots before they die and the new stamina takes some getting used to. You can't fill up a vest & backpack any more. If you try, you can hardly move unless you have 100% health.

PilgrimageBeta1Altis 1.94

Gunship?

Waited 25 minutes and it never goes away, tried multiple times from latest save. What's funny is if I do down a gunship it never has fuel. :huh:

How do I overcome this? Don't recall this happening for so long before. The gunship obviously can't see me and it never fires.

https://youtu.be/yc3dZBuQoVE

Sometimes I saw such misbehaviour for chopper's vanilla SAD waypoint. I can only guess, it's perhaps stuck, when trying to engage some hostile target/vehicle, that is unable to shot at for some reason, so it is looped in continous attempts. Another issue with chopper's SAD that one can see sometimes is infinite hovering in the air over one spot. I had such case during my recorded gameplay. Managed "to free" the chopper by shooting at it with sniper rifle multiple times.

Lack of fuel after it's down - I guess it's often after disabling hit, means fuel leak.  

I think some of the waypoint types aren't really meant to be used on aircrafts/choppers - just like the Loiter waypoint was specificaly designed for choppers.

As far as I'm concerned, I gave up using SAD, GUARD or HOLD waypoints with them! ^^

Although in most cases SAD works just fine with the choppers. IIRC same was in the A2. Also is documented as suitable for aerial units (the part about search radius), so at least supposed to work fine with them. I would rather suspect some bugs/imperfections in the SAD code affecting choppers. Or it's not SAD itself, but rather their "engage target" behaviour is bugged, then it could appear for any kind of waypoint. Not sure. 

Well I think choppers had some troubles engaging infantry - at least from my experience in Arma2 (but, at the same time, I was discovering Arma so...).

But in any case, a 300m search radius seems a bit small for a chopper - I would expect at least the double, or the triple.

How about using the LOITER behaviour and set the chopper to engage at will once the waypoint is reached?

Well, first need to be tested, if it's about certain waypoint, or the issue is in the engagement routines itself. If still free tommorow, perhaps I'll try to check this thoroughly, but rarity of this issue and not clear reasons/circumstancies of occurence makes any tests difficult.

Lack of fuel after it's down - I guess it's often after disabling hit, means fuel leak.  

Or scripts emptied the tank ;)

OK, off to reload a previous save and go again.

Or scripts emptied the tank

No such script in the Pilgrimage, on the contrary, after each SAD, when landed, chopper is rearmed and refuelled. Unless some mod cause this... 

rydygier

On the map, there is a button in the top right which moves the map to your current location.
rydygier , do you know how to disable it?
Depending on the level difficulty.

example
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/180080-co10-escape/
directory
functions\Common\fn_KeyDown.sqf

file
fn_KeyDown.sqf

if (_dikCode in (actionKeys "ShowMap")) then
    {
  //((finddisplay 12) displayctrl 1202) ctrlshow false;
  ((finddisplay 12) displayctrl 1202) ctrlSetText "icon_noplayer_ca.paa";
  ((finddisplay 12) displayctrl 1202) ctrlEnable false;
  ((finddisplay 12) displayctrl 1202) ctrlSetTooltip "Centering is disabled. Use compass and map!"
    };
  };

Thanks, nice finding. All the difficulty in such cases is to find proper display and control numbers (idd and idc). Here it's done. I should use this snippet for higher difficulty settings. 

• Like 1

I'm currently playing it on Chernarus_Winter; I like it.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/650003524240039183/12920111F178DCBFB293C1881C424D700CBB4CF7/

Can I play it with russian units? I.e., if I load a mod which has such units like RHS etc., will it load them? Which mod would you recommend then? TIA!

Units of east, resistance and civilian side from any mod will be, if configured properly, added to the pool, from which scenario randomizes AIs to populate island and for Ambient Combat. Vanilla units/groups already present in that pool will stay there too, so playing with unit addons means encountering a mixture of vanilla and non-vanilla groups. Staff for some kinds of places is hardcoded though, eg checkpoints or hidden camps. Can't recommend any particular mod though, too long didn't tested any. RHS AFAIK is very popular, but supposedly pretty heavy due to high models quality and some custom scripting behind - it's more, than just unit/vehicle pack, AFAIK again. 

thx... and sud_russians stops mission from starting, black Pilgrimage screen does not disappear. Will try RHS now...

RHS works.

rydygier
It is for you
Author, thank you so much for mission Pilgrimage!

On the passage took 14 hours for a long time so I do not get stuck! : good: +++

https://arma3.ru/forums/topic/4766-palomnichestvo-pilgrimage/#entry57258
Ðвтор,огромное ÑпаÑибо за миÑÑию Pilgrimage!

Ðа прохождение ушло 14 чаÑов,давно так не залипал! :good: +++

I'm currently playing it on Chernarus_Winter; I like it.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/650003524240039183/12920111F178DCBFB293C1881C424D700CBB4CF7/

Can I play it with russian units? I.e., if I load a mod which has such units like RHS etc., will it load them? Which mod would you recommend then? TIA!

Looks awesome. How to launch Pilgrimage with this map?

major-stiffy - it is awesome. It's the way I like Chernarus most. And a big advantage is, no gras has to be drawn, good for FPS and no annoying draw distance...

- Rename Pilgrimage_1.94_beta5.Chernarus.pbo to Pilgrimage_1.94_beta5.Chernarus_Winter.pbo

- You need to load https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185733-terrain-chernarus-winter-a3/ in your ArmA call

- And the AiA terrain pack. But you already have that for the normal Chernarus. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26682

Then the Pilgrimage Chernarus mission uses Winter Chernarus.

• Like 2

major-stiffy - it is awesome. It's the way I like Chernarus most. And a big advantage is, no gras has to be drawn, good for FPS and no annoying draw distance...

- Rename Pilgrimage_1.94_beta5.Chernarus.pbo to Pilgrimage_1.94_beta5.Chernarus_Winter.pbo

- You need to load https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185733-terrain-chernarus-winter-a3/ in your ArmA call

- And the AiA terrain pack. But you already have that for the normal Chernarus. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26682

Then the Pilgrimage Chernarus mission uses Winter Chernarus.

Thanks !

This map may deserve own port, which basically means adjusting date, sunrise and sunset hours. But first I have to ask author about some things in his thread...

BTW thanks to the snippet provided by a2012v I managed to remove "center on the player" button from the map for "HARD" and higher difficulties. Main problem was to make it still work after resuming the game (due to lack of serialization for GUI commands), but it's done.  Tweaked also few minor things. I'll however wait with next update for A3 1.54 stable, I'm expecting some changes to be made after new game version. 

• Like 2

Switch fatigue effects for Alex' group is not going to work
next update for A3 1.54