Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

@Rydygier

Started a new game after you released the updated version on Altis with new smoke etc. I started on Very Hard so had no idea of directions and i "sensed the smell of smoke coming from the north-west". Had no idea where that was until i saw the plume of smoke about 400m away rising up in the air.  :)

So nice job mate, works a charm and way better than vanilla. As always keep up the good work, i can't put this mission down. ADDICTED!!!!!!  :D

• Like 2

I can't put this mission down. ADDICTED!!!!!! 

At least I'm not addicted. I managed to 3 whole weeks without it at one time.  :)

Finished my old Chernarus mission last night. I love it in Chernarus. Shame there aren't more enterable buildings there but it provides a different dynamic to the gameplay. Those that are tend not to provide much protection from gunfire or grenades, even your own. It also meant that I wan't sure where to look for the captive when I took the stronghold. Despite searching round every building I could find and nearby hamlets I failed to find him. I also failed to find the officer at the second airfield. I think he was one of the bodies lying around, but the wicked minefield layout made it too dangerous to check all the bodies.

Looking forward to starting another Chernarus mission with the updated beta.

I just love "Pilgrimage" in Chernarus, beautiful map:

29mppbn.png

2w5j49h.png

great adventure:

5zqhpu.jpg

b6vgc1.jpg

thanks @Rydygier. :)
  • Like 1

At least I'm not addicted. I managed to 3 whole weeks without it at one time.  :)

I'd go insane trying it that long.....lol  :D

I just love "Pilgrimage" in Chernarus, beautiful map.

Lucky you, Chernarus still doesn't load a save game for me. I get this problem at the end of this clip... Go figure!  :(

**UPDATE** 

As of 10/11/2015 i have Chernarus working now using AIA but CUP version doesn't work. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlpJr9QaS08&feature=youtu.be

@law-giver,

This video does not show the error, you have to activate in the launcher settings "show script errors", in this way it will show you the error before game launch or search in the RPT file. (but I'm sure you already know this). And it is better if you try this in editor, not with a specific mission.

I also had this problem and were some scripts errors or missing files.

@law-giver,

This video does not show the error, you have to activate in the launcher settings "show script errors", in this way it will show you the error before game launch or search in the RPT file. (but I'm sure you already know this). And it is better if you try this in editor, not with a specific mission.

I also had this problem and were some scripts errors or missing files.

Sorry vafana I should have been more specific. I've just done a night shift so brain is a little tired. Watch the video again, 24 seconds in is what appears for me when trying to load a save! Which is really strange because i don't get this on altis etc etc. Vasily.B and others also get this as well when using CUP or AIA. I'm not saying this is Pilgrimage related as it's surely AIA or CUP related. And i've tried both. Go figure!  :(

Still, i have Pilgrimage on Altis so i'm all good.  :D

@Rydygier

Started a new game after you released the updated version on Altis with new smoke etc.

When did Rydygier fix this? I don't see it in the change notes on the front page.

When did Rydygier fix this? I don't see it in the change notes on the front page. 

Beta's changelog isn't there. In the latest versions. Not a fix, rather small addition to the vanilla campfires - own smoke used, when Blastcore is not activated. 

Lucky you, Chernarus still doesn't load a save game for me. I get this problem at the end of this clip... Go figure!  

If you tried with exactly same AiA TP version, latest stable A3 and absolutelly no other addons, still saves not working, then weird indeed such a difference. From the footage I can only tell, there is strange, additional screen after debriefing, where you have all the additional tools usually available only in the editor (dev console, camera, animation viewer etc.), with "RHS - GAME OPTIONS" title. That indicates some other mods than only AiA TP from Armaholic. Also it was for some Workshop coop, this also could be a difference. Anyway, launched Pilgrimage 1.94 Chernarus with 1.52 stable, AiA TP from Armaholic and nothing more, in the mission repeated your steps - saved the game, killed myself (by drowning - no grenades :) ), then after-death screen, I've chosen "load the game", chosen my save, hit load. Then loading was started and completed all right, no your issue here. 

If you tried with exactly same AiA TP version, latest stable A3 and absolutelly no other addons, still saves not working, then weird indeed such a difference. From the footage I can only tell, there is strange, additional screen after debriefing, where you have all the additional tools usually available only in the editor (dev console, camera, animation viewer etc.), with "RHS - GAME OPTIONS" title. That indicates some other mods than only AiA TP from Armaholic. Also it was for some Workshop coop, this also could be a difference. Anyway, launched Pilgrimage 1.94 Chernarus with 1.52 stable, AiA TP from Armaholic and nothing more, in the mission repeated your steps - saved the game, killed myself (by drowning - no grenades :) ), then after-death screen, I've chosen "load the game", chosen my save, hit load. Then loading was started and completed all right, no your issue here. 

To be honest Rydygier i've given up trying. I've tried various versions and got bored downloading them all. I'm not alone with the problem, Vasily.B on AIA or CUP forum posted the same issue. It's probably something simple but i can't be arsed to figure it out yet as i don't use the terrain packs t.b.h. I'm using 1.52 stable non DEV, and tried with and without any mods. Maybe when more missions i like are released on AIA and/or CUP i'll try and find the issue.

I've got a PC in the living room with ArmA3 on it, i might try that one and maybe on my sons PC's as well. If i can be bothered. Anyway i'm home from my night shift and have PILGRIMAGE to play, "I sense the smell of smoke coming from the north west". GOTTA GO!!!!  :D

:) OK then.

BTW recently I got a feedback, so used for Alex's cellphone ringtones based on vanilla sounds aren't too authentic, thus I should change them. Now, when MANW is over, I can do that. So, if you, people, would like such change, feel free to share your ideas - what ringtone/message sound would fit best? Or current is OK after all? Due to technical reasons (a ring should be interrupatable anytime) ringtone should be rather built on some short sound, like sonar ping or these old, classical ringtones, but perhaps I'll be able to workaround this limitation if I would move the sound into 3D environment, centered on player. 

• Like 1

@Rydygier

Yeah i like the idea of the ring tone. It's the little things..... :D

Now this maybe a sh*t idea, or a bit much to implement so forgive me if you think it is. But since i have loads of money accumulated what about something to spend it on. I mean have a hard to find guy like an arms dealer where you can purchase that special weapon or maybe even a vehicle. Just an idea, make him hard to find, maybe find him via information from certain civilians. I mean it's a war zone so to speak and there's always some unscrupulous characters trying to make money by illegal means. Make the purchase price high, give us something to aim for while searching for our brother.

Or a mission to kill an arms dealer and get his stuff as a reward. Randomize the goods!  Make the price high for intel on whereabouts of arms dealer. And make him well protected. Love a challenge.  ;)

LG ;)   

Well, not really planning any new features, ringtone is barely an improvement, but adding arms dealer or something would be a major feature (long time ago thouth out and rejected...). But it is true - sometimes would be nice to have something more to spend the money on. But on what? Has to be easy to implement, not de-balancing the gameplay, fitting well the plot, interesting... I'll think.  

Zedge has a ton of various ring tones.

Maybe this one http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1001866/

BTW, played my Chernarus COOP over the weekend, it actually worked very well.We'll get around the game save resume issue by hitchhiking. Beautiful map and we had a ton of fun. Doesn't sound like much interest for COOP in this thread though but if anyone is interested, let me kkow.

We had to disable Civilians though or we would get the error and CTD mentioned before. rydygier, you mentioned in a previous post that

Anyway, in such case, I have to make an exception for Chernarus and Lingor ports excluding this unit from spawning (basically one 0 must be changed into 1).

Could you be more specific then maybe we can play COOP with Civ's.

Thanks

Tested few times on maps from/requiring AiA TP with civilians enabled on max - no problems so far. But:

so not my port, thus it may be the issue with that one civilian model, hopefully solved recently or I don't know. 

file:     Pilgrimage_2.09-RUS

This is only a translation of the text.

You can place text in a separate file?

It is hard to keep track of all changes.

Pilgrimage_1.94_beta2.Altis   file mission.sqm

Please replace

line 310:

title="MISSION FAILED";

to

title="We need to find another boat.";

Could you be more specific then maybe we can play COOP with Civ's.

SCA_fnc.sqf, line 329:

if (_scope > 0) then

change this way:

if (_scope > 1) then

You can place text in a separate file?

Technically - yes. But, I'm affraid, I'm too lazy to do so, especially, such structural changes need to be tested. Not much changes planned. I don't think, after 1.94 there will be anything more. So just wait for official 1.94 release, then do your translations once for all. 

Please replace

line 310:

title="MISSION FAILED";

to

title="We need to find another boat.";

It's for the trigger ending the mission with failure, which happens if vehicle currenly carrying the body is destroyed (it's assumed, the body is destroyed with it, usually burned),or if there is no other not destroyed boat on the map. The one acutal problem here is, at init inital boat is marked as "vehicle carrying the body", just because, some vehicle has to be marked all the time. Thus loosing this boat before the body is found and placed into any vehicle will end the mission. That's wrong. It was fine, when there was only one boat on the map, but not now. So thanks for the heads up, but a fix is needed somewhere else. I think, the player could be initial "body carrier", as this may be any alive object. 

SCA_fnc.sqf, line 329:

if (_scope > 0) then

change this way:

if (_scope > 1) then

In 1.86c, SCA_fnc.sqf   if (_scope > 0) then  is on line 238 so I changed it there.

Thanks mate.

I thought I would just share this. I have completed a run through on the Chernarus map with the updated beta and I didn't have any CTDs. It was hardly a major test though. The body was at the first church I got to and the mission was wrapped up in just over 2 hours, but it looks promising that the bug has been squashed. :)

Good, good. :)

Zedge has a ton of various ring tones.

Maybe this one

Thanks, not bad, I'll check that place. 

Regarding new ways of wasting money - one promising idea came to me: FF Decoy. A new action could be available all the time - Plant a FF decoy. Alex will technically transfer part of his money to the separate account and hide at his current location the password to it. Then he will transmit coords on all known frequencies, which means civilian frequency, and obtained hostile frequencies. Result is, near units may go there temporarily. That's all.

Possible problems may occur along flawless interrupting current unit's activities, also units manning static weaponry or the choppers would be excluded. Attracted may be a single units or maybe whole groups (rather obligatory, if vehicles included, but I would tend toward signle units and all vehicles excluded). Also the radius and the chance of influence may be dependant on the used amount of FF, but if so, that would require some UI to choose that amount, so not sure... 

That would add some new, exciting use for all those mines and explosives, isn't? :) Also, depending on Alex's reputation, a risk may occur, so instead of attracting some greedy units, he may bring on his head a chase, like he denounced on himself. 

So, what do you think, guys? I could add such thing, just don't know, if my current bit of free time will be long enough to finish that. 

• Like 1

Em... Nope. There will be no happy endings, no any changing the plot in fact. That would change emotional landscape of the mission toward something more usual, adding hope, haste, stress... I don't like this. Certainty, so your brother already is dead, so you can't do anything to prevent this nor to save him is important here. 

In general I do not plan any new things, unless too cool to resist (FF Decoy may be an example). Also because now that would mean parallel development of 4 missions (Altis and ports). 

• Like 1

Not to mention that I would be pretty sad to find out that my brother is just as dumb as any AI.

• Like 1

FF Decoy....... :pray:  

• Like 1

FF Decoy?

Check 6 posts back  ^^ ;)  

• Like 1

idea

After a while when we loot the dead enemy, we start to get the sense that we are out gathering stuff to stock a warehouse.

1) could it be that once an enemy is dead, his weapons might or might not be damaged beyond use. Insert a probability in the UI options?. I like that you already have the ammo turned down on dead bodies.

2) when selling loot, lower the cash amount so you really have to be careful. (where you can hitchhike or repair equipment. Can only sell at designated locations, i.e: gas stations, ATM's, General Stores, etc

3) when refueling, add a cost to this task. (some gas stations may be out of fuel. If so, scroll a text telling us, Sorry we are closed, or something similar.)

4) when repairing vehicles, this can only be done at a service station, and it will cost you, (cost already featured in this mod)

5) this may sound a bit over the top. If you spot a "friendly" vehicle, trigger a nearby garrison (foot patrol) to start heading in the direction of that vehicle to sabotage it. This forces the player to act quickly to take control of it.

6) if a helicopter is alerted, make any vehicle that you are in possession of vulnerable, unless you are, shall we say 250m (?) from it.

7) weapons never jam or become unusable? is there such a mod that we could just add to the mission?

8) is it possible to add food and water, make the player needy?

9) is it possible to add a time of year to the UI? seems rather trivial but gives the game a little atmosphere change up.