Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Pretty tough for any map. Porting is a piece of cake in comparison. 

Played for a few hours then got an error in Chernarus.

== H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
== "H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -skipintro -nosplash "-mod=H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@allinarmaterrainpack;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@CBA_A3;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@cyp_pushtohear_a3;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@outlw_magRepack;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@mao_anims_sway_fix;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@outlw_moduload_v0.5.2;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@RYD_BT;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@sthud;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@VTS_Weaponresting;H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\@bhc_map_contour"

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_DX11
Exe timestamp: 2015/09/29 17:25:45
Current time:  2015/11/05 12:56:21

Type: Public
Branch: Stable
Version: 1.52.132676

Allocator: H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

Snip....

rawIcon3D [(_unit getvariable ["tpw_hud>
13:30:17   Error position: <drawIcon3D [(_unit getvariable ["tpw_hud>
13:30:17   Error 1 elements provided, 4 expected
13:30:17 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 1320
13:30:32 soldier[O_Soldier_GL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:30:32 soldier[O_Soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:30:32 soldier[O_Soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:30:32 soldier[O_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:30:56 No speaker given for Zaim Ibori
13:30:56 No speaker given for Hu Kung
13:30:56 No speaker given for Ethan Clark
13:30:56 Warning: 'civil_nprem2_NoGeom' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

Snip..... , here it is just prior to CTD.

Fault time: 2015/11/05 13:30:56
Fault address:  01686915 01:00375915 H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
file:     Pilgrimage_1.94_beta1 (__cur_sp)
world:    chernarus
Prev. code bytes: FF 50 04 8B 8D E0 01 00 00 89 9C 24 1C 02 00 00
Fault code bytes: 8A 81 41 02 00 00 84 C0 78 7B 0F BE C0 8B 84 81

Registers:
EAX:00000002 EBX:16534700
ECX:00000000 EDX:00000001
ESI:827E4080 EDI:827E408C
CS:EIP:0023:01686915
SS:ESP:002B:00A4E7A8  EBP:827E4080
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010202
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Local\Arma 3\arma3_2015-11-05_12-56-18.mdmp

Hope this helps?

Thanks. Well, the one thing, that tells something to me points to an error from tpw's hud, but IMO that couldn't be a reason of CTDs. These usually are caused by some game bugs or problems between the game and the hardware, sometimes possibly also due to some mod problem, that kind of stuff. Typical scripting errors in Pilgrimage may cause eg. loading stuck, stopping all or some of  mission's activities, or appear as some strange situations in-game (like that "all empty vehicles in the middle of the map" problem). CTDs not likely from that direction though. 

Played for a few hours then got an error in Chernarus.

13:30:56 Warning: 'civil_nprem2_NoGeom' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

Snip..... , here it is just prior to CTD.

Fault time: 2015/11/05 13:30:56

Fault address:  01686915 01:00375915 H:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

file:     Pilgrimage_1.94_beta1 (__cur_sp)

world:    chernarus

Hope this helps?

Looking at my last 4 crashes and this was the last entry at the time of the crash each time.

EDIT: I think the TPW error is separate to the crashes. I don't have a TPW error in my RPTs

0:45:19 Warning: 'civil_nprem2' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

23:55:46 Warning: 'civil_nprem2' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

22:48:12 Warning: 'civil_nprem2' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

22:09:56 Warning: 'civil_nprem2' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

I think there is a pattern emerging here. I wonder if the CUP project can sort this out?
Edited by alky_lee

I just got another one, had to load a previous save cause the last one was corrupt. Keep in mind I played a few hours this morning with no CTD's.

There are a whole string of TPW errors throughout the rpt. Don't know if errors happen playing Altis because I don't get crashes.

Here is ending portion of latest CTD  .rpt.

Snip.... Start timestamp

drawIcon3D [(_unit getvariable ["tpw_hud>
14:02:01   Error position: <drawIcon3D [(_unit getvariable ["tpw_hud>
14:02:01   Error 1 elements provided, 4 expected
14:02:01 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 1320
14:02:22 No speaker given for Tan Ximi
14:02:22 No speaker given for Gamba Odili
14:02:22 No speaker given for Liang Ryu
14:02:22 No speaker given for Ryan Robinson
14:02:34 No speaker given for Imre Okeke
14:02:35 No speaker given for Jacob Nelson
14:02:35 No speaker given for Gao Ryu
14:02:35 No speaker given for Xie Hwang
14:02:36 No speaker given for George Wilson
14:02:54 soldier[O_Soldier_GL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
14:02:55 soldier[O_Soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
14:02:55 soldier[O_Soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
14:02:55 soldier[O_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
14:03:09 No speaker given for Theodoros Karmanlis
14:06:20 No speaker given for Shaan Achebe
14:06:21 Warning: 'civil_nprem2_NoGeom' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 01686915
graphics:  D3D11
resolution:  2351x1470x32

Snip.....

Boy, hate to play without TPW. Hasn't affected Bornholm or Altis.

Start of timestamp:

13:50:43 File tpw_animspeed\config.cpp, line 132: '/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMstpSlowWrflDnon_AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon.speed': Missing ';' at the end of line

Edit regarding TPW. I made my settings via the GUI and saved them. I then made TPW_MODS.hpp "read-only" so no changes could be made. That the issue possibly? Again, no issue with Altis or Bornholm.

I am playing at a high resolution via DSR with some very high settings and mild GPU overclock. Maybe my hardware ain't liking it in some parts of the map.

Looking at my last 4 crashes and this was the last entry at the time of the crash each time.

EDIT: I think the TPW error is separate to the crashes. I don't have a TPW error in my RPTs

0:45:19 Warning: 'civil_nprem2' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

23:55:46 Warning: 'civil_nprem2' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

22:48:12 Warning: 'civil_nprem2' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

22:09:56 Warning: 'civil_nprem2' has HitPoints configured but no shape is present

I think there is a pattern emerging here. I wonder if the CUP project can sort this out?

Just checked and civil_nprem2 is a character not a building, from RACS, Queens Gambit

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:civil_nprem2.jpg

Idon't know why this crashes the game.

Just checked and civil_nprem2 is a character not a building, from RACS, Queens Gambit

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:civil_nprem2.jpg

It looks like you and me both. Wonder if this charactor got slipped in to RYD's script somehow or has been left somewhere by the map maker?

It looks like you and me both. Wonder if this charactor got slipped in to RYD's script somehow or has been left somewhere by the map maker?

I was wondering a civilian script is trying to spawn this character in from somewhere, either Rydygiers script or TPWs from some config. Unfortunately that's the extent of my knowledge in this things.

@Ryd

How tough would it be to make Chernarus a coop? Or any of the other present and future terrains?

I ported the 1.86 COOP on Bornholm (link to the mission file  a few pages before, check my previous posts ) and It wasn't that bad.....not perfect but fair enought to be played for hours with my son.

Chernarus is quiet smaller.

you have to take the mission.sqm  from the Chernarus port and open it in the editor, put the two charaters ON LAND somewhere (in water they will swim all the time  on earth once spawned .... funny and weird to see...)

then each one have to be playable (look at the mission.sqm opened in a text editor  it should be like this:

class Item0
		{
			side="WEST";
			class Vehicles
			{
				items=2;
				class Item0
				{
					position[]={19254.725,4.1325731,22384.152};
					azimut=225;
					id=0;
					side="WEST";
					vehicle="B_G_Soldier_exp_F";
					player="PLAYER COMMANDER";
					leader=1;
					rank="CORPORAL";
					skill=0.60000002;
					text="RYD_JR_Alex";
					init="stext = format [""PILGRIMAGE\nby Rydygier"",[]];this setvariable [""tpw_bleedout_nodeath"",1]";
				};
				class Item1
				{
					position[]={19252.658,3.6862061,22384.266};
					azimut=225;
					id=1;
					side="WEST";
					vehicle="B_G_medic_F";
					player="PLAY CDG";
					rank="CORPORAL";
					skill=0.60000002;
					text="AIBuddy";
				};
			};
		};

note first charater is "player commander", second one is "player CDG"

after that, you'll have to start with the original 1.86 COOP folders and files in your text editor, and copy and paste to them all that was scripted for Chernarus like the coordonates of "holy places " (positions for bro's body) all starting positions in R (random) N (north), S (south), E (east), W(west).....

this is into RYD_JR folder in the JRinit....

you'll have to replace most of the Chernarus port files and folders by the 1.86 ones to set up all the MP functions (even with this there will be some weird things happening sometimes )

quickly said, it is something like that you can port the 1.86 to any map you'll need.....

this is a long time doing this, any missing " , } or { our }; will end on a failure to start the mission....

good luck ;) ( honestly, entering into this part of "magic" of the dynamic scripting is awesome thing to do... sometimes what you'll read will be  the deepest darkness of your worst nights, sometimes it will be clear as  bright light....when you start digging without knowledge into this... it is... a great experience.

and once it works, you can be proud of yourself.

• Like 1

I was wondering a civilian script is trying to spawn this character in from somewhere, either Rydygiers script or TPWs from some config. Unfortunately that's the extent of my knowledge in this things.

Well, if the mod introduces units, that crashes the game, and game uses them - CTD will occur. And indeed, all civilians from the confing are taken to the civilian pool, also from the mods. I don't have that mod, but one could test, if the unit itself crashes the game just by putting it on the map in editor and preview. 

Well, if the mod introduces units, that crashes the game, and game uses them - CTD will occur. And indeed, all civilians from the confing are taken to the civilian pool, also from the mods. I don't have that mod, but one could test, if the unit itself crashes the game just by putting it on the map in editor and preview. 

Are you referring to TPW's mod?

If so, wouldn't it be logical then that the mod would crash Altis and Bornholm too?

I'm reffering to this:

https://community.bi...ivil_nprem2.jpg

Regardless, which is responsible for spawning this suspected unit: Pilgrimage code or TPW's, troublemaking (causing CTD) would be a mod containing that unit (CUP?), if this theory is right. 

I'm reffering to this:

Regardless, which is responsible for spawning this suspected unit: Pilgrimage code or TPW's, troublemaking (causing CTD) would be a mod containing that unit (CUP?), if this theory is right. 

I am not using any mods that introduce characters. The only new mod is AiA TP in order to play the mission on Chernarus. The troublesome character was part of the ArmA expansion pack Queens Gambit which included the Porto and United Sahrani maps, both of which are included in AiA TP. I suspect that part of the config got left behind when the maps were ported to A3, and because the character is a little used civilian, it hasn't come to light. It's only because Pilgrimage and/or TPW include units from configs of the loaded mods that we are experiencing these crashes. I was wondering why Chernarus is a favourite in A3 but others don't get the same crashes. It's because they don't spawn civilians.

• Like 1

both of which are included in AiA TP

Oh, now I get it. Indeed, I found this class in the config when game was running with AiA TP. One could think, Terrain Pack will contain terrains only. :) This class apparently isn't visible in the editor - not suitable for using in-game, yet code tries to spawn it (so kinda my fault, I could sift off such units). That may cause a CTD perhaps. Anyway, in such case, I have to make an exception for Chernarus and Lingor ports excluding this unit from spawning (basically one 0 must be changed into 1). I wonder, if this will solve this problem. 

New versions of both ports are uploading now, soon links will be updated...

• Like 1

All right, Chernarus port beta 3 and Lingor port beta 2 available now. Maybe problem is solved now... Anyway, thanks for debugging assistance. Good night.  :) 

One could think, Terrain Pack will contain terrains only. :) This class apparently isn't visible in the editor - not suitable for using in-game, yet code tries to spawn it

That's what I was trying to elude to earlier but Alky nailed the explanation.

Excellent guys, will give it another go !

Good night.

All the betas, including Altis, updated. Recent changes:

1. Adjusted dawn/sunset hours where necessary;

2. Excluded civilian units of scope < 2 (not visible in editor) from spawning (also for Bornholm and Altis);

3. Added own smoke effect to the hidden camps' fireplaces. Notes:

- Smoke has similar parameters to the Blastcore smoke, but Blastcore uses custom smoke sprite (AFAIK), while own solution, obviously, bases on vanilla sprites, thus smoke differs from Blastcore's. In general is less thick and thus less visible. Although still may be spotted from far and therefore is a serious helper, it's noticeably harder to spot, than the smoke from the Blastcore, spotting it is more challenging and depending on the background, distance etc. 

- Currently it is set, so own smoke appears only, if Blastcore isn't activated. Both together do not look bad, but that means some redundant CPU load. 

- This is experimental for now. Please, be vigilant testing this thing, especially its behaviour at packing/unpacking the hideout. 

4. Corrected one design error haunting the mission quite long: Appeared, so for chasing event also groups out of caching range may be designated, which results in not occuring chase even if radio comm will appear, until player get close enough to de-cache chasing group. Thus, experimentally, excluded groups currently in the chase from caching in hope, nothing was broken due to that change. 

rydygier

The mission Pilgrimage will fail on any map Altis, Stratis et al.
if connected
mod AiA TP.
and choose any option Civilian population 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, except DISABLED
Checked

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00446915
graphics:  D3D11
resolution:  1920x1200x32
Addons:

Mods: @allinarmaterrainpack
Extensions:
Distribution: 0
Version 1.52.132676
Fault time: 2015/10/30 15:00:35
Fault address:  00446915 01:00375915 E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
file:     Pilgrimage_2.09-RUS (__cur_sp)
world:    altis
Prev. code bytes: FF 50 04 8B 8D E0 01 00 00 89 9C 24 1C 02 00 00
Fault code bytes: 8A 81 41 02 00 00 84 C0 78 7B 0F BE C0 8B 84 81

Tested few times on maps from/requiring AiA TP with civilians enabled on max - no problems so far. But:

file:     Pilgrimage_2.09-RUS

so not my port, thus it may be the issue with that one civilian model, hopefully solved recently or I don't know. 

• Like 1

I ported the 1.86 COOP on Bornholm (link to the mission file  a few pages before, check my previous posts ) and It wasn't that bad.....not perfect but fair enought to be played for hours with my son.

Chernarus is quiet smaller.

you have to take the mission.sqm  from the Chernarus port and open it in the editor, put the two charaters ON LAND somewhere (in water they will swim all the time  on earth once spawned .... funny and weird to see...)

then each one have to be playable (look at the mission.sqm opened in a text editor  it should be like this:

class Item0
		{
			side="WEST";
			class Vehicles
			{
				items=2;
				class Item0
				{
					position[]={19254.725,4.1325731,22384.152};
					azimut=225;
					id=0;
					side="WEST";
					vehicle="B_G_Soldier_exp_F";
					player="PLAYER COMMANDER";
					leader=1;
					rank="CORPORAL";
					skill=0.60000002;
					text="RYD_JR_Alex";
					init="stext = format [""PILGRIMAGE\nby Rydygier"",[]];this setvariable [""tpw_bleedout_nodeath"",1]";
				};
				class Item1
				{
					position[]={19252.658,3.6862061,22384.266};
					azimut=225;
					id=1;
					side="WEST";
					vehicle="B_G_medic_F";
					player="PLAY CDG";
					rank="CORPORAL";
					skill=0.60000002;
					text="AIBuddy";
				};
			};
		};

note first charater is "player commander", second one is "player CDG"

after that, you'll have to start with the original 1.86 COOP folders and files in your text editor, and copy and paste to them all that was scripted for Chernarus like the coordonates of "holy places " (positions for bro's body) all starting positions in R (random) N (north), S (south), E (east), W(west).....

this is into RYD_JR folder in the JRinit....

you'll have to replace most of the Chernarus port files and folders by the 1.86 ones to set up all the MP functions (even with this there will be some weird things happening sometimes )

quickly said, it is something like that you can port the 1.86 to any map you'll need.....

this is a long time doing this, any missing " , } or { our }; will end on a failure to start the mission....

good luck ;) ( honestly, entering into this part of "magic" of the dynamic scripting is awesome thing to do... sometimes what you'll read will be  the deepest darkness of your worst nights, sometimes it will be clear as  bright light....when you start digging without knowledge into this... it is... a great experience.

and once it works, you can be proud of yourself.

Followed your instructions and was able to get Chernarus to launch/spawn as COOP, including game parameters setup. I also added the Stomper, boat, triggers, game logic trigger, RYD_JR_DeadMan and brother and named them as rydygier did in 1.86c along with all init and player class info, etc. Changed allholyplaces to suit Chernarus. (this was a key hint BTW so thanks).

So far so good. Now the things I need to fix:

1) No boat marker displaying on spawn in normal mode. It should be there in this mode.

2) It's spawning 3 characters, F1 (me), F2 Combat life saver is off in the distance where he was placed on the map in editor and F3 Combat life saver is with leader\player\me at spawn with boat. I only placed 2 playable units so this makes no sense unless he's spawned via the scripts somehow.

Any hints on fixing #2 anybody?

If I can get this solved I would like to test it this Sunday with a friend.

Thanks !

Edit: Will need to include checkpoints too and whatever else I discover.

Edit 2: Got #2 fixed. I can workaround #1, no biggie.

Hopefully we can test this weekend.

Question for rydygier

I was able to use 1.86c JRInit.sqf and insert the various coordinates from your SP Chernarus for RYD_JR_Starting =, RYD_JR_MCamps =, RYD_JR_AirFields =, RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces =, etc. for making COOP for Chernarus. So far it looks good for spawning, having yellow menu's and so on at a fresh start. I used all of the sqf files from 1.86c except of course the modified JRInit.sqf noted above.

The problem is, when we resume a game, me, the server does spawn at the save point but as soon as the other player comes in...we snap back or spawn at the boat. An obvious game breaker.

Would you offer any clue as to why this is happening? It doesn't happen when playing Altis COOP 1.86c.

Appreciate it.

The problem is, when we resume a game, me, the server does spawn at the save point but as soon as the other player comes in...we snap back or spawn at the boat. An obvious game breaker.

Would you offer any clue as to why this is happening? It doesn't happen when playing Altis COOP 1.86c.

Appreciate it.

Bah! I'm encountering such annoying problems every two steps when scripting MP and not so easy to find a cause for myself... In this particular case it looks, like JRInit is for some reason executed every resume on the client/when client connects in? No idea, why. Should be executed only once, on the server IIRC. Only JRInit contains the code teleporting player(s) to the (starting) position, thus my theory. 

Bah! I'm encountering such annoying problems every two steps when scripting MP and not so easy to find a cause for myself... In this particular case it looks, like JRInit is for some reason executed every resume on the client/when client connects in? No idea, why. Should be executed only once, on the server IIRC. Only JRInit contains the code teleporting player(s) to the (starting) position, thus my theory. 

Yea, it's crazy especially since it works very good on Altis.

If your theory is JRInit executes on client connect it would be nice to figure out a "logic once" script.

I had plenty of experience making Crysis maps back in 2008-2009 and their editor was much easier to use for logic using flowgraph nodes. This Arma stuff is insane.

Anywho, thanks for replying.

Hi,

This map suffers from "can't resume saved game". When client connects both players are respawned at boat. Happens to me too when I ported 1.86c to Chernarus.