Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

That is something I gladly disabled in Ravage Mod - I guess I could release that part of the configs as a standalone Addon.Unless another mod I'm not aware of already does it?

Ha! You know who would love this as a standalone mod? This guy. :)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185412-new-player-quick-question-about-healingfirst-person-noises/

One thing I can't stand is going through the game grunting in pain. LOL

I try to avoid this by playing in a different room to where the wife is. It works pretty well most of the time.

That is something I gladly disabled in Ravage Mod - I guess I could release that part of the configs as a standalone Addon.

Unless another mod I'm not aware of already does it?

Anything that can get rid of that annoying groaning will be most welcome. When you haven't got a medic or anywhere to heal, it seems to go on forever.

• Like 3

Ha! You know who would love this as a standalone mod? This guy. :)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185412-new-player-quick-question-about-healingfirst-person-noises/

:P

Some things are awkwardly done/balanced in Arma...

I'll try to release something next week (100% config changes, like most of my "small" addons - compatible with everything and bug-free).

• Like 4

Chernarus

Played about 2 hours and had 2 hard locks in Windows, could be on my end but this is with a fresh install if Arma.

I had several crashes last night when everything suddenly stops. Sound comes back but not video and the games crashes with an access violation. Looking at the RPT log it seems to be to do with some building model configs having hitpoints defined but no shape and confusing Arma3.exe as a result.

I remember that's why I deleted the AiA Terrain Pack previously, as it seemed to happen on all the maps sooner or later and kju was no longer supporting the mod. The CUP team have said they will be maintaining the mod now, although they only have one guy who can work with terrains. Hopefully they will sort out these teething problems shortly.

:P

I'll try to release something next week (100% config changes, like most of my "small" addons - compatible with everything and bug-free).

I think I want to hug this yet to be released mod.

@gruntfree, or @nomorestupidnoises, or @soldiersdontsoundlikethat; or whatever you choose to call it, will never ever leave my launcher. :)

Oh, I forgot, some notes on Bornholm port: instead of chapels are used again GSM towers, but also added wind turbines. Together about 130 places. There is more wind turbines, but they're in gropus of few, and when points are so close, only one of them is picked (points are merged to one), so pay attention, which wind turbine of the group is marked on the map with "tower" icon....

for my Port on Bornholm, I only add GSM/TV/Communication Antennas....

I found almost 180 of them and I did not count the Wind turbines. 

with the turbines , I guess you would find more spots to be close to 220, like the number of chapels on Altis..

you can find all the coordonates in the files I shared here previously a few pages ago

about Ravage Mod + Pilgrimage....

I'm actualy testing a modified Ravage Mod on a modified ravage mission ( no more Zombies, only survival and  combat against factions, lightly  modified loot list....).

Some aspects of Ravage would be a real  add to Pilgrimage game play , like the survival part (need to heat, drink, rest in specific aeras etc....)

I didn't tested ravage elsewhere than on Altis for now, as it is a beta release and the Altis map is altered by the Mod ( ruined houses are no more setted right, sometines the are "melted one in another" and you can't access to upstairs )

I plan to test a Pilgrimage/Ravage (with the modified Ravage I did ) in a few days.

• Like 1

Thanks. I used only one kind of towers though, obtaining their positions by script, not manually (didn't know, there was more types of them), thus total amount of places to search including turbines is about 130. Maybe I'll use rest of the towers insted, if so many of them in total. 

Survival aspect for several reasons wasn't introduced, but of course all willing and able are welcomed to add such feature to own Pilgrimage variations. 

Bornholm port updated to beta 2 - used several kinds of towers as possible body locations instead of wind turbines. Around 220 points in total now. Also added to the pool of garrisonable locations "vegetation" locations and boosted a bit max amount of checkpoints, all to increase amount of AIs which, due to not so numerous locations, is relatively lower than on Altis per given area. Still, around 600-700 of them comparing to around 1200 hostile AIs on Altis for max settings. 

• Like 2

One thing I can't stand is going through the game grunting in pain.

...Seriously though I would suggest that if you get injured to the point of moaning and grunting in pain, you, theoretically should finally sucomb to your injuries unless you get help someway, instead of simply being "injured"....... forever.

While I appreciate the work involved, in this case it takes away from the "simulation" aspect and creates an "easy way out". Of coarse as Ryd has eluded to, this isn't a survival style mission, so this topic might be mute. My $0.02 on the realistic aspect of the game.

@Ryd

Just a little bug for you to squash.

We're not seeing smoke from the hideouts. (Latest BI update breakage?)

IIRC they changed something about fireplace particles, but even earlier there wasn't really noticeable smoke from fireplaces in vanilla. To actually see the smoke I was using Blastcore, unless also here something has changed lately, don't know. Anyway, Pilgrimage's code doesn't touch these particles. 

To actually see the smoke I was using Blastcore

I just installed a fresh W7 and tested the blastcore mod a couple of days ago. With Blascore, my smoke grenades are very small dense balls measuring about what would appear to be 4' round if in real life.

Is anyone else having issues with campfire smoke not showing?

Mods

bCombat

JSRS 2 Lite

Mag Repack

Moduload

mrb a3 voicestop

RYD BT

RYD INCOGNITO

sthud

tort_dynamicWeather

VTS Weapon resting

WW AICover

CBA v2.1.2

TPW----air

fog

streetlights

animals

houselights

animations

bleedout

ebs

hud

rain_fx

fall

No smoke here and hasn't been since about 1.52 update.

Mag Repack

Moduload

RYD BT

sthud

VTS Weapon resting

ASR AI3

CBA v2.0

TPW---- Hud only

JSRS2.2

Cyprus PushToHear 1.6.0

mao anims sway fix

Using Blastcore the smoke is quite visible. The author of Blastcore had to revert smoke grenades as the AI could see through the smoke generated while the player couldn't. As the mod is no longer supported and changes occur to the core game, smoke grenades are now messed up as the smoke doesn't spread out. Other than that Blastcore works fine.

60940369F5BA8BB5AC5ECEECDDEC5EF8EC670DA7

Mods

CBA v2.0

VTS Weapon resting

bhc map contour

RYD BT

sthud

Vcom Driving

CHVD

Blastcore Phoenix

L85A2 Pack

NATO SF & SPETZNAZ Vehicles

NATO_Rus_Weapons

SOS & DMS Night Vision

AiA TP

TPW Mods - Air

- Animals

- Streetlights

- Cars

- rainfx

- HUD

Ha! Oh wow. I did it.

I just want to thank you, Rydygier. This mission touched me in a way I haven't felt in some time.

I have a twin in real life and there's nothing I wouldn't do to save him to or at the very least, secure him if him or his body were in danger. You managed to capture something I've never felt in a video game. This is a work of brilliance and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for designing and scripting it.

So get this. As you may have gathered from my posts, I've knew for quite some time which chapel my brother's body would be in. I was right! :) But, If I had looked closer, I would have also seen that it was on a island! So once I found the body, I was like how the heck will I get him outta here? LOL!

So I swam back to shore and got my truck and just went for it. And lo and behold we did it! My truck somehow managed to make it through the water because on my swim in, I noticed a very small shallow patch. Taking that path we got back to the mainland and nothing was going to keep me from getting back to that damn boat!

Anyway, thank you so much for this scenario. I can't wait to play it again and hope you know that no matter what, at least one person was really really touched by the story you crafted here. Thanks, Rydygier.

• Like 4

:huh:  I NEVER saw any smoke from a camp..... I just had the message "you smell the smoke from...." and found the camp with my compass then....heading the direction the message told me.

I'll need to go deeper in my config settings but as far as I remember, particles are setted "very high" at least.. if it is not ultra....

EDIT: it might occur sometimes Bro's body is on a Chapel on a island or very close to the sea shore... you just need to come  closer than you can to the body with the boat and it's done.....

:huh:  I NEVER saw any smoke from a camp..... I just had the message "you smell the smoke from...." and found the camp with my compass then....heading the direction the message told me.

I'll need to go deeper in my config settings but as far as I remember, particles are setted "very high" at least.. if it is not ultra....

EDIT: it might occur sometimes Bro's body is on a Chapel on a island or very close to the sea shore... you just need to come  closer than you can to the body with the boat and it's done.....

But there could be one small problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3TfP4Tml0

• Like 1

at least one person was really really touched by the story you crafted here. Thanks, Rydygier. 

And I'm truly happy because of that. :)

Meanwhile, Lingor port beta 1 is available. Most difficult was to find music tracks of proper mood, as in Latin America all the music seem to be too lively and cheerful. :) I had to reach farther. Remember, Lingor requires Panthera and both require AiA TP. Also note, Lingor is "only" 10x10 map, which IMO is minimum size suitable for Pilgrimage. Anyway, gameplay should be faster and perhaps more intense. 

There is at least one more port planned, but have to wait. As for present ports, I plan to adjust dawn/sunset hours, as for each map it vary, also, if Blastcore isn't supported anymore, maybe after all we need own scripted smoke added to the fireplaces by Pilgrimage's code itself? I'll think about.  

• Like 3

Survival aspect for several reasons wasn't introduced, but of course all willing and able are welcomed to add such feature to own Pilgrimage variations. 

Bornholm port updated to beta 2 - used several kinds of towers as possible body locations instead of wind turbines. Around 220 points in total now. Also added to the pool of garrisonable locations "vegetation" locations and boosted a bit max amount of checkpoints, all to increase amount of AIs which, due to not so numerous locations, is relatively lower than on Altis per given area. Still, around 600-700 of them comparing to around 1200 hostile AIs on Altis for max settings. 

Just finished Bornholm.

Of the 5 vehicles I purchased total only 4 displayed on the map.

I'll stick with beta 1 with 130 body locations, that seems about right to me, but will most likely do beta 2 at some point.

I didn't encounter Ryd design issues except one small one noted above.

Bornholm map itself is a nice change from playing Altis all the time but it has issues of it's own. Goofy road layouts, roads to nowhere and is somewhat incomplete/unpolished. Zooming with a scope kills FPS.

Glad you found the time to add more maps, truly appreciated. I WILL be making use of them.

I started a Chernarus playthrough prior to Bornholm...man it's easy to get in a tough spot on this map. I'm at the early stages where I desperately need supplies. In a small town with very little cover, AI all around and a Marid. Died several times but I will persevere and that’s what makes it fun.

Of the 5 vehicles I purchased total only 4 displayed on the map.

Thanks, I'll check that. 

But there could be one small problem.

LOL! I found the body on the same island. When I saw the body of water (I had no boat) and THEN started taking fire from that machine I was like, "What the heck am I going to do now?" :)

I didn't realize it at the time but watching the video, for me, I just took like 10 potshots and it finally stopped firing at me. Not that it will take any of the accomplishment I feel about beating this mission away from me, but getting out that easy has to be a bug, right? I didn't need a mortar or rocket launcher or anything. 10-20 shots with my rifle and the thing stopped attacking me.

I didn't need a mortar or rocket launcher or anything. 10-20 shots with my rifle and the thing stopped attacking me.

It just depends how much damage it has done to itself before you found it and how much ammo it has expended on other enemies, but it does have a lot. Plus it just doesn't like me for some reason.

• Like 1

Hello everybody!

I've been reading all the posts on this forum for almost a year. I've been playing Pilgrimage exclusively _multiple_ hours every day since Christmas. Every. Day. I love this game.

Even though I'm a bit shy by nature, today I decided to create an account (and come out of the shadows) to thank you all for your helpful comments, explanations, suggestions, screenshots and videos. And, of course, to especially thank you, Rydygier, for all your hard work. I was so happy that you placed in the competition and won a well-deserved prize. Thank you also for the continued support of your creation.

Well, that's it. I'm here and I'm looking for my brother...

Shoki

• Like 5

Plus it just doesn't like me for some reason.

The reason is the hidden code making mission much more difficult, if you're detected as a player... :P

BTW such thing is actually possible, if you know the profile name of the "victim"... :)

Hello everybody!

Hello. :) Every happy user makes me happy^2, so thank you very much for all the kind words. The fact, you play solely this mission daily almost a year is truly stunning. Just wow. It's a pleasure to provide some good fun for such dedicated players. 

• Like 2

Hello. :) Every happy user makes me happy^2, so thank you very much for all the kind words. The fact, you play solely this mission daily almost a year is truly stunning. Just wow. It's a pleasure to provide some good fun for such dedicated players. 

I have over 1700 hours playing Pilgrimage. Might not be much traffic on this forum thread but I think you would be surprised just how many silent users play this mod.

• Like 1

@Ryd

How tough would it be to make Chernarus a coop? Or any of the other present and future terrains?