Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Tested yesterday on this version of AiA TP, all was OK. Is that the newest?

Thanks @Rydygier. It works well on Chernarus, but I noticed that there are some stuttering nearby villages, probably when civilians respawn (lessen stuttering when I disable civilians) and when are killed large groups of enemies. 

@Ryd

I downloaded from Mega here https://mega.nz/#!o0IAyT4D!endrfp5rd_4e3BnI_VPMOHANU59GO0KKC-0Ar7-AnX4

When I hit play it starts to load, the loading progress bar on the small loading screen goes most of the way then stops which causes Arma3 to stop responding in task manager. I downloaded from mega because it was much faster but the file name is AllInArmaTerrainPack_2015_01_01.7z and shows as 6.47 GB.

Stumped.

Same here. I even disabled all my mods and just used the newest AiA. After the intro (which worked), game just hangs in the loading screen.

Well, I have version of AiA TP from the Armaholic (2015-01-01 Hotfix), using A3 1.52 stable, no other mods, maximal AI number and all is OK. So far loaded new game about ten times, no any problems. Thus nothing wise to say. Maybe your RPTs would say something about the cause? Not sufficient hardware? But then Altis Pilgrimage shouldn't work for you the more - Chernarus version seem to be lighter (1/4 of Altis area, about 1/2 of Altis AI count on 100% settings).

Tested yesterday on this version of AiA TP, all was OK. Is that the newest?

I am using the same version of AiA TP. It looks like in my haste to get into the mission I managed to disable AiA sometime after I enabled it. All is now good and the mission has loaded without problems. I am now off for a walk around Chernarus.

EDIT: Bad start died a lot. Landed next to an airfield. When you start a gunfight and then hear the engines on the gunship starting up, you know an SMG with 2 spare mags is not going to cut it. Still, at least I have taken one gunship down.

CSnQ0pDWoAA9-6r.png:large

Yes, not easy to find enough really safe start positions in Chernarus, surprisingly, only a few. Even worse will be on Bornholm, as far, I can see, very civilized island, 10x more crossroads, than on Altis, each means a chance for a checkpoint (of course total checkpoints number shouldn't be much bigger, than on Altis), many of them along the shore plus other garrisoned locations close to the sea. Well, anyway, seems, Pilgrimage gameplay depending on the map will look a bit different, with some "local specifics" enforcing change of some player's habits. Good thing IMO. 

Another thing - I plan to add to the intro, outro and settings menu custom music dedicated to the given map - matching the map, its mood, geography etc. and matching the mission of course, according to my taste at least. Anyway, I had no problems with music for Chernarus, but when I'm thinking about Bornholm... Not so easy. Any propositions?

Got the files from Armaholic and the game loaded. Will test this weekend hopefully.

@Ryd'

I am in the process of getting the Ironfront mod working (shazam that's harder than it looks !)

Do you know if those maps would be a good option. Certainly would be a totally new experience.

Chernarus

Played about 2 hours and had 2 hard locks in Windows, could be on my end but this is with a fresh install if Arma.

Saw a yellow icon over a bridge to the south but couldn't find anything. I know sometimes cell phones and the like are below the structure floor so I'm assuming that was the case.

So far I'm loving it if I can get the locks up to stop. Framerates are best if lower the view and object distances.

For sure something different, yes. More complicated though, AFAIK, as you said, mod is complex in installation. Now, using a bit of free time, I got, I'm trying to prepare least time consuming ports, that got most votes. BTW:

Chernarus port updated to beta 2. No need to restart gameplay, all the changes are around intro/outro/setting screen, mostly custom music (3 Polish tracks, two of them with southern/balkan feel), few tweaks. Also, there is available first beta for Bornholm (at the end used some folk music from northern Europe in general). If time will allow, perhaps next week I'll try to make next one, this time for the one of Icebreakr's maps. Lingor looks optimal for now. 

So, that's it this week, have fun with testing. :)

I know sometimes cell phones and the like are below the structure floor so I'm assuming that was the case.

Indeed, it may be the case. Unless happens all the time. Buildings in A3 differ from those from A2, thus anything possible. 

had 2 hard locks in Windows

Always possible with custom content, especially maps, especially ported from A2. I had often CTDs with previous AiA version, but not with this one, it's smooth for me, but now I'm using pretty strong PC and have high maxMem parameter set. On Bornholm also FPS are decent for me so far. 

Thanks, great work @Rydygier. I managed to solve the problem of stuttering, it was about memory allocator. I noticed that there are large free space in the north of the map, can you create a few "places" there?

Well, on Altis also are usually-empty-areas without locations etc. (NW quarter mostly) hidden camps like to sit there though. Having more time, than I have, I could do anything with these areas, place locations by hand, artificial settlements, add points of interest, whatever. But I do not like such idea. It's kind of Pilgrimage's principle - to be and to stay fully dynamic. Mission takes the map "as is" and populate it procedurally, that's the magic, Pilgrimage is about to me. And that's one of the reasons, why not all maps fit equally well to this mission. 

Oh, I forgot, some notes on Bornholm port: instead of chapels are used again GSM towers, but also added wind turbines. Together about 130 places. There is more wind turbines, but they're in gropus of few, and when points are so close, only one of them is picked (points are merged to one), so pay attention, which wind turbine of the group is marked on the map with "tower" icon. Also noted, more than usual amount of spawned boats are left on the land/piers than should be/was on Altis. Not sure, what makes that difference, still they should be useable for body extraction, just no way to sail on them. 

Chernarus

Medic can't/won't heal player even though medic has medkit.

Medic's healing ability is vanilla feature, so I can't fix this, but I'm curious, why it's not working on Chernarus...

Hi guys, is anyone else having Chernarus load save game issues? When I try to load a save it wipes them completely and I have to restart. It's fine on Altis, and I've tried it with and without mods! :(​​

Seems OK for me - I can without problems resume saved game after game restart and also in-game. 

Hi rydygier

Yeah it's really strange, the save files are still in the folder but seems unable to read them. I only finished work an hour ago so will have to look into it later on or tomorrow. Hopefully when I get home tomorrow morning after work someone might have an idea.

I'm re downloading A.I.A and re install it sometime tomorrow. Thanks anyway mate. ;-)

At least Altis works, my favourite! :D​

Medic's healing ability is vanilla feature, so I can't fix this, but I'm curious, why it's not working on Chernarus...

Ah ok. In Pilgrimage Altis it works although sometimes I have to take control of the medic (F2) to heal player because AI gets "stuck" understanding. :rolleyes: The icon that a player needs healing doesn't show. I don't use any mods for healing purposes so I assume it's vanilla.

I'm using the same mods in Chernarus as I do Altis. One thing I can't stand is going through the game grunting in pain. LOL

• Like 1

One thing I can't stand is going through the game grunting in pain

Avoid injury

@law-giver and Ryd'

Chernarus load save game issues

Saved game option works ok here.

Avoid injury

Funny man.  You are AWOL, get your @ss online.

One thing I can't stand is going through the game grunting in pain. LOL

Yes, it's annoying. Thus despite possibilities like healing at fireplace I tend to use a simple remedy - each wound causing noises I treat as disabling, thus equal to mission failure, so I'm loading last save. And I'm saving a lot. 

• Like 1

One thing I can't stand is going through the game grunting in pain. LOL

That is something I gladly disabled in Ravage Mod - I guess I could release that part of the configs as a standalone Addon.

Unless another mod I'm not aware of already does it?