Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Fun stuff. Never have seen the brother on an island before and with the stomper.

In the 1.50 update, the devs have apparently made it so that vehicles no longer explode just by shooting them with a rifle. That's not very helpful with the Stomper. It's not going to bale out if you shoot out the tyres. I think someone did have the body on the island before but couldn't get to the island. That's the only island on the Altis map that has a chapel on it.

What's not going to bail out if you shoot tires? Nothing bails from the stomper right? ...unless you mean other armor like Ifrit or Strider. Today playing Pilgrimage with 1.50, AI bailed out an Ifrit when two tires are shot out as usual.

One of my mods has affected smoke granades I guess, since 1.50, they are just small puffs now. <_<

What's not going to bail out if you shoot tires? Nothing bails from the stomper right? ...unless you mean other armor like Ifrit or Strider. Today playing Pilgrimage with 1.50, AI bailed out an Ifrit when two tires are shot out as usual.

One of my mods has affected smoke granades I guess, since 1.50, they are just small puffs now. <_<

If you are using Blastcore, some people have problems with smoke grenades not producing much smoke. The problem is in the SmokeCS.pbo (you can leave that pbo out to have full BC but with vanilla smoke grenades). 

As for AI baling, I've had AI attempting to make a quick getaway in a Strider with all the tyres  shot out. https://youtu.be/CNFCrED-RxM?t=1852

If you are using Blastcore, some people have problems with smoke grenades not producing much smoke. The problem is in the SmokeCS.pbo (you can leave that pbo out to have full BC but with vanilla smoke grenades). 

As for AI baling, I've had AI attempting to make a quick getaway in a Strider with all the tyres  shot out. https://youtu.be/CNFCrED-RxM?t=1852

Yea, I read about Blastcore/smokes, I don't use that mod...weird. One of my mods must have broken smoke, I'll have to figure it out.

Never have seen that with like a Strider b4 that I can recall. They usually bail after two tires are blown.

I am having issues wearing clothes. I noticed mostly civilian style clothing. I was able to wear a ghili but nothing else. Anyone have any input on this?

I am having issues wearing clothes. I noticed mostly civilian style clothing. I was able to wear a ghili but nothing else. Anyone have any input on this?

By default you can only wear cloths by your own faction,

...which is why Rydygier has some mods to recommend (see main post).

Then again, it's not that bad to live with this restriction, so you might as well get used to it.

Thank Ruebe. I found this out after a bit of research on the Arma 3 Factions and I also did in fact find the mod you were speaking of. I will play it vanilla as it adds to the emersion. I just thought it was a bug at first haha!! Thanks again

given what the mod does to the ai it would totally ruin any sort of scripting Ryd has done for his mission.  It would be great to use as it has some awesome features but the fact it hijacks all the ai and does with them what the mod wants would totally ruin a mod like pilgrimage.

given what the mod does to the ai it would totally ruin any sort of scripting Ryd has done for his mission.  It would be great to use as it has some awesome features but the fact it hijacks all the ai and does with them what the mod wants would totally ruin a mod like pilgrimage.

Agree, stopped using it. Going to try out a less aggressive AI mod. Ryd suggested these

- any preferred low level AI enhancers (bCombat, ASR AI...);

Rydygier,

Absolutely love this mission and have already put in 40+ hours into it; I had a question about your Incognito mod.  Are there any plans to add any line of sight checks to enemy AI to possibly add depth to being "exposed" as a combatant?  I know right now being exposed is activated by doing a suspicious act in the proximity of the soldiers if I'm reading into the mod correctly.  Would line of sight checks (of suspicious acts by the player) bog down the CPU/engine?  I think that could possibly add excellent depth to your already brilliant mod.  Thank you again for this mission and mod.  Magnificent work!  I love the feeling from operating "undercover" in ArmA.  Much needed.

Hi Rydigier (and Guys )

back after some long time away from the forum (but not from the mission)

I played a lot  on the 1.86 COOP wip version with my 12y son (I have rebuild a decent second computer for home and we play on LAN )
great fun and we didn't experience any major issue.
By my side, I go on playing 1.94beta solo mission where I always have the same issue than I noticed on previous version and I already talked with you: unable to repair any vehicle even after several thousands of FF spent (this issue doesn't appear on 1.86 COOP )
I've started several new missions and 4/5 of times I cannot repair any damaged/captured/ abandonned and damaged vehicle.

I've reduce the mods I have to the very ones I need to have fun :

CUSTOM_MODS=@CBA_A3;@Unlocked_Uniforms;@ASDG_JR;@lsd_nvg;@101_editor;@A3_FreeAim_Fix_0.4;@mas;@AH-64D;@ARP2;@BLM;@BLX;@cha_mi24;@U100;@3cb_baf_vehicles;@DAR;@EBU_Mods;@FFAAV603;@FSF_SacVentral;@kyo_MH47E v1.3;@L3_GPNVG18v0.2.7;@LLW;@MERCS;@PG_Services;@RDS;@RH_M4;@RESIST;@RH_Pdw1.2;@SCI;@Strykerpack;@TEC_CSAT;

and I have an Arma starting version where I add Bornholm V1.4 to play the ported version I begin to do (1.90 and 1.94 ported, seems to work fine for 1.94, 1.90 have the "selling boxe unable" issue ( I noticed you can sell almost everything but not the main rifles and binoculars of killed soldiers) .
I just ported the 1.86COOP to Bornholm too and tried to make 1.94 solo to COOP (but I failed, too much scripts changed since 1.86 and I'm not a scripter so... )
I wait WE with my son to  test 1.86COOP@Bornholm.
if you are interested by the files, PM me and I'll share them with you (I'll will not share anything with anyone else for now, sorry guys )

as I told you, mission @Bornholm has been change about places to search for brother due to the very limited  number of Churchs and Chapels on Bornholm and I choose to place the body near any Transmission tower, antenna tower and GSM tower, even I haven't enter all the coordonates of every single place like that on the init file, I might contact the guy who made Bornholm to know if he have a way to send me such a list like that.
unless you have  a link to a script or a software that can help me to extract the coordonates of those place for the Bornholm pbo file.

I'm waiting for your answer and comments.

take care (and everyone here, guys )

Rydygier,

Absolutely love this mission and have already put in 40+ hours into it; I had a question about your Incognito mod.  Are there any plans to add any line of sight checks to enemy AI to possibly add depth to being "exposed" as a combatant?  I know right now being exposed is activated by doing a suspicious act in the proximity of the soldiers if I'm reading into the mod correctly.  Would line of sight checks (of suspicious acts by the player) bog down the CPU/engine?  I think that could possibly add excellent depth to your already brilliant mod.  Thank you again for this mission and mod.  Magnificent work!  I love the feeling from operating "undercover" in ArmA.  Much needed.

Thanks. :) LOS checks are in use in Incognito already together with checking, if AI is actually looking in the player's direction. Indeed, LOS checks are costly for CPU, but I did some optimization to minimize that cost. 

Thanks for your sitrep rsoftokz. Still no time to approach Pilgrimage nor Arma in general to test or check things, so not much to say for now. One thing about repairing - on some higher difficulty levels a toolkit is required. Besides that it must be safe before action become visible - no enemy known, the more no enemy knowing about you or your vehicle. And vehicles are easy to spot from far and knowledge about them is fading slowly. 

Hi Ryd.

it seems you're right about the "repair issue" (that is not an issue then)

I play most of time "Insane" difficulty level (sometimes "Very hard")

I've tested yesterday evening, with and without a tool kit in the backpack: repairing works with the toolkit.
I've already noticed in certain conditions you cannot have access to the repair option.
here, I had access , I could spend FF 1000 but there was no effect on the vehicle health status.

one another matter I have on Bornholm is about abandonned vehicle. I have an aera point where  a large number of vehicule are spawning (close to one of the stronghold position I have setted )  

sometimes they are so close from one each other that they explode and burn when I'm approching the location to make them spawning.
it seems there's something about the spawning script that works fine for Altis map but not for Bornholm.
I haven't search for the settings and the script yet to figure out  "where and what", any clue will be appreciated.

as I told you, my knowledge about scripting is almost "zero level", I just "guess" things and understand most of time how it works

I'm applying what you already here wrote about learning and testing things.
it is very funny to read the scripts and to find what is where .

I definitvly gave up to try to port the mission on Chernarus map, as I told you before, the game is not stable with All In Arma mods and Pilgrimage all together.
the Bornholm V1.4 is lighter than the previous Bornholm, less costly on CPU (even it's still  requiring a very good CPU/ GPU configuration) and I didn't experienced system crashes like I did with Chernarus.
ChernarusPlus from DayZ-SA  would have been a good option but it is not supported (officialy) by Arma III, and porting the ChernarusPlus map to Arma III needs avery  deep pbo files modification.

hope all will be fine for you.

David

I could spend FF 1000 but there was no effect on the vehicle health status.

Especially on the highest difficulty levels amount of repaired damage is tiny. Just enough to make immobilized vehicle mobile again. If immobilized (no wheels) vehicle after repair stays immobilized - then there's a problem, otherwise (wheels are back) is OK. 

one another matter I have on Bornholm is about abandonned vehicle

Code for placing those is located in JRInit.sqf, lines 2094-2181. In procedural way looks for positions that are:

- not on the water;

- not on the road;

- not far from the road;

- empty enough;

- flat enough. 

Mostly chosen are flat areas, where road network is dense, but not very urbanized nor too woody. Like central Altis - easiest to find such vehicle there. 

So, if it spawns all vehicles at the same spot, then there is a problem with the map. It may be technical issue (command for flat/empty areas or for road/land checks or another part of relevant code fails because of something, eg wrongly configured mapSize value) or design issue (there's simply no any other locations on Bornholm that would met all the conditions). Either way it's complication requiring code edition. Reason must be found and code adjusted to deal with it one way or another. Sadly porting Pilgrimage to the other maps, especally custom made, is not that easy, as we could wish due to such things. 

Thanks. :) LOS checks are in use in Incognito already together with checking, if AI is actually looking in the player's direction. Indeed, LOS checks are costly for CPU, but I did some optimization to minimize that cost. 

Thanks for your reply!  Ah, very well.  I only assumed so because there was a situation where I put down an IED in a house when a CSAT squad were outside the house (front yard) and still were able to detect me putting down that IED from inside the house without any LOS.  Maybe I'm hoping for too much of a "Hitman" type AI I suppose.  From then on I figured Incognito worked from a proximity base instead of a LOS suspicion alert.  Is this normal?

Well, here is, how this part is scripted:

For each unit of player group there is performed chain of tests per each group on the map:

1. If group is hostile. If so:

2. If leader of this group is closer to the unit than view distance. If so:

3. If knowledge factor about that unit or it's assigned vehicle for that hostile group is > 1. If so:

4. Group is added to the array holding enemies knowing about player's group. 

Then, for each unit of these groups is checked, if it could recognize one of the know to it units as a hostile:

1. If distance is closer, than calculated safe distance (depending on many factors). If so:

2. There is random factor based on this distance to confirm (beeing too close means a risk, not a certainty of beeing recognized). If so:

3. If hostile observer actually is facing towards possibly recognized unit. If so:

4. LOS check is performed. If passed - you're compromised. 

So units outside shouldn't recognize you unless they had LOS eg through a window or something like that. Not sure, why it happened. Maybe LOS check function need some improvement like rising tested positions height a bit above ground. Just one thing more to check, when some free time appear. 

Hey dude, this mission is amazing. And espacially so in COOP. Spent all of Friday on this mission, and it was amazing.

Any ETA on a latest version for the COOP? Also, what's the ETA on other map port?

Truly one of the greatest missions in ArmA/OFP history. Thanks you!

Thanks, appreciated. :)

No ETAs. My Arma activity is equal to none last half of the year - no mind power to do any, even playing, due to RL work, where I'm doing same thing - scripting, just for VBS and for the money. And seems, so just after I finish this one job (soonish), next will be await me already because apparently people, that paid me for this one like, what I did and want more... 

My Arma activity is equal to none last half of the year. And seems, so just after I finish this one job (soonish), next will be await me already because apparently people, that paid me for this one like, what I did and want more... 

Bad news for us but good news for you, and hardly unexpected. Looks like we'll just have to be patient or play Hetman War Stories for a change now that the vanilla AI are starting to get better.