Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Outlaw Mag Repack works for me when I first spawn but soon after breaks.

And yes, Partz is a pervert. :j:

Had a great time playing the coop version someone posted with ACE3 running, was awesome fun

Outlaw Mag Repack works for me when I first spawn but soon after breaks.

Mag Repack needs Moduload to work across save/reload.

Mag Repack needs Moduload to work across save/reload.

Ok, thanks will give that a shot.

Ok, thanks will give that a shot.

Tried both mods, quit working after save/reload. :(

Major-Stiffy,

You have to use "moduload" every time you re-load a mission. Simply having "moduload" in your list of active mods isn't enough. You actually USE moduload by:

1) Re-loading the pilgrimage mission.

2) Press the ESCAPE key.

3) In the bottom right corner should be a Moduload button that you click to re-intialize the mods.

4) Press the ESCAPE key again to return to the pilgrimage mission.

Then the Mag Repack mod should work again.

-V

Also note: You only need moduload with mag-pack in single player pilgrimage. Moduload isn't necessary for Mag-Pack in multiplayer pilgrimage.

Major-Stiffy,

You have to use "moduload" every time you re-load a mission. Simply having "moduload" in your list of active mods isn't enough. You actually USE moduload by:

1) Re-loading the pilgrimage mission.

2) Press the ESCAPE key.

3) In the bottom right corner should be a Moduload button that you click to re-intialize the mods.

4) Press the ESCAPE key again to return to the pilgrimage mission.

Then the Mag Repack mod should work again.

-V

Also note: You only need moduload with mag-pack in single player pilgrimage. Moduload isn't necessary for Mag-Pack in multiplayer pilgrimage.

Wow, thanks for taking the time to post this, I didn't know that.

I get an error message saying "bin\config.bin/MagRepack_dialog_main/controls/MR_SourceConvertButton.font" but ok'ing it still allows Repack to work... Awesome.

Hopefully I can get this to work in MP too.

Thanks again !

No problem! Glad I could help out. I like the mag repack mod. I wish outlawd would fix that font bug, but who knows if or when?

Anyone noticed since last/yesterday game update noticeably heavier beginning, means deeper/longer FPS lag at init than before? I did, and few on Steam reported CTD at the end of loading screen - may be connected. If so, I wonder, if that's temporary or permanent difference due to some intended tweak/change in the game engine. Vanilla config errors still happening to me often, breaking loading screen, thus leading to "no sound" issue etc.

I don't auto update but I see it's in the queue. I tell Steam to only allow updates during the night when my PC is down. If this updates breaks Pilgrimage somehow I'm holding out.

I get no errors on loading with 1.46 or loose sound.

If someone do experience such crashes, here are steps by Summelar on Steam, confirmed as containing effective fix for this by two people so far:

To those having the crashing since update, here's what I did that solved it for me (I have no idea which item was the issue, but it was crashing after the update and it works now):

-Verify game cache

-Delete Pilgrimage .pbo from Missions folder

-Delete My Documents>Arma 3>Saved>missions>pilgrimage.altis folder

-Re-install pilgrimage.altis.pbo to Missions folder

-Launch Arma 3 unmodded

-Load new Pilgrimage game

-Save and exit Arma

-Launch with mods active

-Load Pilgrimage game

So far this has worked for me. I got an error the first time I looted a crate but it didn't seem to affect anything and it hasn't happened since. I've been able to quit and reload my save several times tonight. Hope this helps!

I didn't saw such crash in few today tests despite heavier init lags and mentioned weird config errors here and there.

If someone do experience such crashes, here are steps by Summelar on Steam, confirmed as containing effective fix for this by two people so far:

I didn't saw such crash in few today tests despite heavier init lags and mentioned weird config errors here and there.

Came here looking for a solution to it crashing myself. I tried this and it still crashes about 5-10 minutes into the mission with a hex reference error. It's only the mission, and even when unmodded it will crash.

Unfortunately, it also crashes with the Workshop version, and the files this fix needs you to delete do not exist for the workshop version.

Edited by TheCoolSideofthePillow

This fix is supposed to help specifically for "end of loading screen" crash present for some after last update. Other possible crashes are entirely separate thing, I guess.

on Steam reported CTD at the end of loading screen.

I've been having this problem since the 1.46 update, although sometimes the mission would start with no problems, but if it took six tries to get there that was half an hour gone before the mission got started.

It seemed like the loading would hang at about the time Pilgrimage should come up on the screen. The error messages mention a problem of not being able to read/write to memory. They also say that my graphics card is rubbish and I should get a new computer. I think this is probably a BIS error rather than the mission itself, and I should upgrade my computer as well.

I don't auto update but I see it's in the queue. I tell Steam to only allow updates during the night when my PC is down. If this updates breaks Pilgrimage somehow I'm holding out.

I get no errors on loading with 1.46 or loose sound.

Holding out might be a good idea. While the ARMA 3 update seems to work ok for me . . . the update finally BROKE Outlaw's Mag Repack mod for good. It don't work no mo. Hahaha. And right after I explained how to use moduload! Oh the irony.

I've been having this problem since the 1.46 update, although sometimes the mission would start with no problems, but if it took six tries to get there that was half an hour gone before the mission got started.

It seemed like the loading would hang at about the time Pilgrimage should come up on the screen. The error messages mention a problem of not being able to read/write to memory. They also say that my graphics card is rubbish and I should get a new computer. I think this is probably a BIS error rather than the mission itself, and I should upgrade my computer as well.

Same here and also after a few times trying i get the mission working again, it is not the best way to start your game evening, now kinda used to it and i got the patience to restart it several times :)

Send with mobile phone.

Same here and also after a few times trying i get the mission working again, it is not the best way to start your game evening, now kinda used to it and i got the patience to restart it several times :)

Send with mobile phone.

I tried the fix above and it didn't work. What I did do was turn off all the mission settings - no loot, checkpoints, garrisons, air patrols, artillery, ambient combat, etc. Still had mods enabled and the mission started very quickly, basically because it was a pretty empty map. Found the body and returned to the boat without seeing an enemy or firing a shot all in an hour and 50+ FPS. I gradually re-enabled the different parts starting with loot, hidden camps, checkpoints and air patrols. Each time I started the mission without problems until I started with my normal settings without any crashes. I've taken my first hidden camp without any problems (other than the last man left was a marksman and I still had a SMG without any full mags).

Hi

Most of the time in this mission I get between 50-60FPS

I can fight small groups near campfires without any issues

When I go to a town and groups start fighting me or eachother, the FPS will drop like mad and the game will stutter. It becomes unplayable. The frames dip below 10 even. Does anyone know what causes this?

It doesn't happen in any other mods. Even mods with more AI and bigger fights.

I use bCombat, RHS and a few weapon mods if that makes a difference. Thanks

Edit: Just tried again with some mods disabled. Still occurs. My settings aren't crazy high, nothing's over medium or 50%. As SOON as I find enemy AI near a large town the performance just dives.

I also find that it's quite hard just to get the mission to launch. A lot of the time it hangs at 'Pilgrimage' or it simply crashes. I realise at the start that it takes ~10 seconds to load everything, this is all unrelated to that.

Edited by Coflash

Hi.

1. What are your PC specs?

2. What FPS do you get in other scenarios with fights against AI in the big towns with same mods?

3. What FPS do you get in Pilgrimage during fights against AI in the big towns without any mods?

4. Not sure about RHS (it's deeper mod, than just new units addon, so who knows), at least bCombat was lowering my FPS noticeably in such combat situations when I tested it last time. Main reason, why I do not use it.

5. Since the beginning in scenarios, where I had 40-60 with Vsync in an open field, in towns FPS are always dropping to 30 and sometimes below, even on the empty map.

6. Not tested gameplay after 1.48, but noticed, at least init lag is bigger/heavier now for me. And since 1.48 some are reporting such problems at start. Several posts above I quoted supposed solution, that helped few at least from Pilgrimage Workshop thread. More info there.

What I did do was turn off all the mission settings - no loot, checkpoints, garrisons, air patrols, artillery, ambient combat, etc. Still had mods enabled and the mission started very quickly, basically because it was a pretty empty map.

Indeed, most of the loading time is taken by placing all those AI groups and objects/vehicles. Then just after loading screen these are gradually cached, thus gradually fading init lag. It is done after loading screen, to let AI "settle down" a bit in the simulation before caching to avoid some issues present otherwise (frankly can't recall, what these issues was exactly right now, maybe something with PhysX).

Edited by Rydygier

1. GTX980 SLI / 5930K

2. It's fine, maybe lowest would be 40 with my current settings

3. I will try this tonight and see. Hopefully it is just bCombat.

4. I mainly use RHS for all of its weapons, bCombat I'm not that fussed about

5. Yeah, that happens with ARMA in general. This is something else. 7FPS for minutes on end, for example. Even after the AI is all dead. Reloading saves doesn't help.

6. I haven't tried Pilgrimage for months. The last time I played it, it did none of this. I'm not sure if I was using AI mods back then though.

The thing that makes me think it has something to do with Pilgrimage is that for every other mission/campaign I play, the AI is fine near towns. In all scenarios that it crumbles in Pilgrimage, it works fine elsewhere.

OK, thanks. I saw <10 FPS sporadically with bCombat in Pilgrimage.

Meanwhile "Dev branch" updated to 1.94 beta 1:

- all initial caching code moved back under loading screen to remove initial lag.

In this version init lag should be no more to put it simply. I wonder, if this change would remove "end of loading" CTD problems on 1.48 or not. But there was certain reasons to keep initial caching out of loading screen. From any willing tester of this beta I would like overall test reports, if anything is broken, especially for AI presence/hidden camps/checkpoints - just play and try to notice any new anomalies. I would suggest max enemy presence if possible (if PC strong enough, 100% for garrisons, checkpoints and hidden camps).

Edited by Rydygier

OK, thanks. I saw <10 FPS sporadically with bCombat in Pilgrimage.

Meanwhile "Dev branch" updated to 1.94 beta 1:

- all initial caching code moved back under loading screen to remove initial lag.

In this version init lag should be no more to put it simply. I wonder, if this change would remove "end of loading" CTD problems on 1.48 or not. But there was certain reasons to keep initial caching out of loading screen. From any willing tester of this beta I would like overall test reports, if anything is broken, especially for AI presence/hidden camps/checkpoints - just play and try to notice any new anomalies. I would suggest max enemy presence if possible (if PC strong enough, 100% for garrisons, checkpoints and hidden camps).

I have tested the new beta with 100% enemy presence and got repeated crashes until I disabled checkpoints when the mission loaded. Once in mission everything seems to work OK. Found an abandoned Hunter HMG with full ammo which was a good upgrade on an SMG. Killed a few enemy patrols and a garrison around a church. A team leader got away and called in a Kamysh. That was the end of the Hunter and then me.

Thanks. Checkpoints, you say. Interesting, what in checkpoints is provoking game CTD. If something easy to avoid/replace... But hard to find this particular thing, if crash not occurs to me. Main problem is - some bugs occur to some others, but not to me, while some other bugs happen to me, but no to the most of the others. In simply words - main problem is Arma itself as ustable and unpredictable platform behaving differently on different computers and this behavior, as expected, may change every update one way or another.

Edited by Rydygier

main problem is Arma itself as ustable and unpredictable platform behaving differently on different computers and this behavior, as expected, may change every update one way or another.

That is so true! Playing on MP and getting anywhere from 60 to 70 fps, while then playing SP in almost the same area and getting between 20 and 30. Seems to be no rhyme or logical reason. I know this has nothing to do with Pilgrimage but just to point out the frustration of players in general. If a PC is based on 1's and 0's and the basic concept is "on or off" then why the inconsistency? Just an observation, as old as it might be.