Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

hey guys,

First of all sorry for all the wrong versions...

the new link is now up :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2lugbwtizx3g7c/PilgrimageCOOP.Altis.pbo?dl=0

this one has sounds and has 3d icons above loot... (the fix for the communications menu was not good)

i think this one has only the multiple email bug from the kill a guy for info... (i really dont know how to fix that one)

Catmandos

Big Thank You for your work.

Why to create a multiplayer version of the game using an old 1.86 version?

Please Take version 1.93

it contains a lot of changes and bug fixes.

the 1.86c version was already done by rydygier so it was a lot easier to begin with..

i want to try to update this version to the 1.93 but first i need a stable version with no bugs...

the 1.86c version was already done by rydygier so it was a lot easier to begin with..

i want to try to update this version to the 1.93 but first i need a stable version with no bugs...

We are making a list of "bugs" for you. Should have a list by the end of the weekend.

Do you think it's better to start a new forum post or send info via PM or email?? Don't know if others will have issue using this thread or not. Thoughts?

Hi just found this mod, and sounds great, have downloaded 1.93 from armaholic, I get to screen where I choose parameters, then start game, Screen shows above view of a habour, hard drive starts making noise and nothing else happens. I wait for 5 minutes, and press escape and exit game.

Is there anything I have to do to get it working ?

Thanks.

Hi just found this mod, and sounds great, have downloaded 1.93 from armaholic, I get to screen where I choose parameters, then start game, Screen shows above view of a habour, hard drive starts making noise and nothing else happens. I wait for 5 minutes, and press escape and exit game.

Is there anything I have to do to get it working ?

Thanks.

Try pressing the spacebar when opening cutscene starts. Press the skip button to skip the cutscene. See if that helps. If not, sounds like a computer issue to me.

We are making a list of "bugs" for you. Should have a list by the end of the weekend.

Server used RYD BT mod, one client used RYD BT + VTS weaponsresting. Other two were AI.

1) No text shown on screen when message received either from ADM or Phone. This didn’t work in RYD’s 1.86c either.

2). Only Team Leader (which was also server) had the "sell" option off of dead enemy.

3) @ game resume, we end up back at the Boat. (which is the start of game). We were not there on save & exit.

4) @ game resume, Server player/leader has scroll wheel Yellow menu options but client player did not.

5) At start of our new game AI was not disabled. @ game resume, decided to disable AI but they still appear and are still controllable.

6) @ resume, seems that the game reverts to "hard" because there is no boat marker, we still had all of our gear that we accumulated though. We started the new game in normal and boat marker was there.

7) @ revive, Server/leader player character gets stuck in random movements, but shortly after gains back normal control. @ revive client did not experience this.

8) @ resume, client did not have any yellow menu scroll wheel options except when was “looking†at server player. Looking at AI, client did not have yellow menu options either. At the start of the new game client did have the yellow options.

9) @resume, We had obtained an Ifrit during gameplay prior to exiting game. When we spawned all players were at the boat spawn point. Server and client then went inside the Ifrit and did a save & exit. On resume, server (leader) spawned at boat and the client spawned inside the Ifrit several hundred meters away where it was when we exited.

Result. Currently the game is unplayable in that if we always spawn at the boat and not where we left off, it won’t work.

Game settings:

http://home.comcast.net/~msl1954/Pilgrimage_settings.jpg

Spawn on resume.

http://home.comcast.net/~msl1954/resume.jpg

Funky clouds. We see this in 1.86c also.

http://home.comcast.net/~msl1954/Clouds.jpg

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Pvt. Partz and myself did this testing.

Thanks for your effort so far, we hope you can get this sorted out.

I've come back to playing Pilgrimage after not touching ArmA 3 for a while.

Last time I played, I had various menu options for disabling fatigue and so on. Those are gone now, but I'm not sure if it was another mod or part of Pilgrimage?

Gone? These are part of the mission and all five of them are on place, as previous, under 0-8 key combination in the Pilgrimage 1.93.

Major-Stiffy,

i played yesterday to with friends and found almost the same bug (some are gone when respawning at the church...)

but im gonna delete the save game future out of this version because its not gonna work in MP.

In the version i used i changed the respawn when joining a server to the Respawn marker (thats the marker that changes pos. when saved by a church)

the new version is below here

ps you now spawn at the last church when someone joins in later (if they dont have the scroll menu kill them and let them respawn)

Edited by Catmandos

Major-Stiffy,

i played yesterday to with friends and found almost the same bug (some are gone when respawning at the church...)

but im gonna delete the save game future out of this version because its not gonna work in MP.

In the version i used i changed the respawn when joining a server to the Respawn marker (thats the marker that changes pos. when saved by a church)

ps you now spawn at the last church when someone joins in later (if they dont have the scroll menu kill them and let them respawn)

In this new game play: Server is survivor. Client is leader.

Client started with yellow menu but on resume it was lost. Client does have yellow when looking at survivor if within about 10 meters.

Leader was killed and revived, still no yellows unless looking at survivor. It appears to us that the yellow issue is a server side setting that’s incorrect.

On resume, leader spawns at save point, survivor spawns at latest church save.

Medkit does not work with combat life saver use.

@ resume Survivor loses “Supportsâ€.

Client leader when checks account always shows 3000 ff. Server survivor shows correct amount.

Found brother, neither one of us had scroll menu that enables to load brother into vehicle.

We saved & exited game, reversed roles and resumed. On the way to brother together in a Strider, we got blown up by AT enemy. Leader spawned near latest save, survivor spawned miles away. Both spawned with only under garments.

We ended our Pilgrimage at that point. :dead:

I think like all mp mission Pilgrimage cant handle save games because you dont spawn in like normal.

That is why i removed them from the auto script... normaly a MP game isnt something that you save.... did you try to get killed after the scroll menu/support system didnt work.

was the money problem after the reload (then that is correct) before reload it should be always the same.

I think like all mp mission Pilgrimage cant handle save games because you dont spawn in like normal.

RYD's 1.86c, has working/acceptable save resume. Both players typically spawn at the same location or a least it does for Partz and myself and we have played hours of 1.86c. May want to double check any changes you may have made in that regard?

That is why i removed them from the auto script... normaly a MP game isnt something that you save.... did you try to get killed after the scroll menu/support system didnt work.

Yes, as I explained above.

was the money problem after the reload (then that is correct) before reload it should be always the same.

I noticed it after a reload. This is typically something we don't verify because it works in 1.86c. I just happened to notice that me (the client) was seeing it stuck at 3000 ff. Of course I had to be looking at the server player in order for "check account" to appear in my scroll.

Do you have any comment on the other bugs we list?

Gone? These are part of the mission and all five of them are on place, as previous, under 0-8 key combination in the Pilgrimage 1.93.

My bad, seems to have been a conflict with another mod. All working now.

Another question: performance in Pilgrimage is significantly worse than showcases or the campaign. I can get 70-80 FPS usually, but Pilgrimage runs at 25-30 FPS. Are there some settings I could change which are perhaps having a major impact on framerate?

My bad, seems to have been a conflict with another mod. All working now.

Another question: performance in Pilgrimage is significantly worse than showcases or the campaign. I can get 70-80 FPS usually, but Pilgrimage runs at 25-30 FPS. Are there some settings I could change which are perhaps having a major impact on framerate?

List your system spec's.

It also helps to drastically reduce civilians. Helps to reduce garrison, checkpoint and hidden camp densities, IMO. I use civilian population of 10 and spread of 600.

List your system spec's.

It also helps to drastically reduce civilians. Helps to reduce garrison, checkpoint and hidden camp densities, IMO. I use civilian population of 10 and spread of 600.

i5 2500K, GTX 780, 8GB RAM, SSD. Not cutting edge, but not too shabby.

I think my civ pop and garrison count is quite high, so I'll try knocking those down.

If you use ambient combat, try low(limited) or disable is preferred for me. I use no artillery and short for SAD. I get minimum of 30 FPS with settings on ultra.

i7-2600K @ 4.5, 16 GB ram, GTX 970 and SSD.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Major-Stiffy,

@Catmandos

We manipulated our saves and restarted with the Strider heading to brother today. Server/survivor had yellow to load body. Got to boat but he didn't have "load body into boat".

FYI, in both 1.86c and your version: If search for ammo for your vehicle, the screen just goes black with the searching text shown but never recovers. We must exit the game.

We'll be happy to test if more if you can make significant changes to the current bugs.

Thanks

@Catmandos

You can lay out the version(SP) from which you started to create a version(MP)game.

My buddy "Crash" and I have been doing co-op gameplay for about a week now (1.86coop wip3).

We chose the same exact mods so we sync well. Here are some of our observations:

1) Saving & re-loading saved games will work. However, you have to be patient when starting a new mission, or re-loading saved games.

a) It can take several minutes (up to 5 mins?) to get a mission started.

b) It can take several minutes (perhaps up to 5 mins?) to re-load a save game.

2) After re-loading a saved multiplayer game, the server will get some game options much sooner than the client. For example. Crash was the server. After re-loading a saved game, when we walked into a town, Crash got yellow and blue exclamation marks over buildings and people quickly, but it sometimes took my computer up to 25 minutes before I got the yellow and blue exclamation mark(s) over buildings and/or people. And I have a relatively fast Intel i7 gaming computer with 16 gigs of RAM, a video card w/ 2 gigs of RAM, several SSDs, and a fast & reliable internet connection.

3) Some options only the server gets. For example, when checking a church, as the client I could NOT seem to check the churches for our brother. But the server computer, aka "Crash's" system, could check the churches for our brother just fine.

4) The single most frustrating multiplayer bug is losing all your gear when you die.

a) One time, we died in a vehicle. Our vehicle was hit with a missile, so we re-spawned outside the vehicle in our underwear. All our gear was inside the vehicle, so we lost ALL our gear in the vehicle explosion. To make matters worse, we were immediately surrounded by a group of 12 enemy soldiers. Every 60 seconds we spawned back in the middle of 12 enemy soldiers with nothing but our underwear. We died again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again. It was frustrating as hell. It sucked. I hate losing our gear when we die. Furthermore, you can't chose when to re-spawn. So you can't wait until an enemy team moves to a new area.

b) In fact, we died and lost our clothes and gear so often, that we got comfortable running around in just underwear. It's really DISTURBING how comfortable I've become seeing my friend run around in just his underwear and a backpack.

I hope to God someone can find a way to change it so that we keep our gear when we die. Because automatically coming back to life, automatically standing up, nearly naked, in the middle of a bunch of enemy soldiers is NOT fun or enjoyable. At least not when all you do is die every 60 seconds, 20 times in a row.

@heyvern69

First of all let me say I had a good chuckle at your post! I guess I was laughing mostly at the exact duplicate issues I'm having. getting blown up in your vehicle?,...don't get blown up!,...LOL. Sorry, I'm laughing quite hysterically now,...LOL

On a more serious note though, what mods are you and your buddy using. There are some mods that should only be used with the server while other mods can be safely (fps issues stemming from conflicts) used. I might be able to solve your long load times if I see a problem with your use of mods. The other issues you are experiencing are the result of the reworked mission by Catmandos. Many of us are hoping he can put his talents to good use for us. You could always revert back to Rydygiers original version for the time being.

Yea, Crash found it pretty hysterical too. Mostly because I didn't find it funny (at the time).

The long load times are ok with me. And it's usually more toward the 3 minute mark than the 5.

As for mods, I have so many mods - you can't help me. I need Mod Re-hab, because I'm addicted to mods. I'm NOT a hardcore realism freak, I'm much more of a casual gamer. But I am a full blown control freak. And mods help fix things the company hasn't or won't fix. So I have a ton of mods.

01) I have a low grass mod, to lower the height of tall grass that the enemy AI seems to always see right through.

02) I have Drifter's Fatigue remover, because I hate slow walking in game. I'm fat and lazy enough in real life. In my games I want to at least imagine I'm still young, strong, and skinny & can walk fast even with a ton of weight.

03) I have the Action Button mod, because I hate the scroll menu and this mod reduces my use of the scroll menu significantly.

04) I have the A3_BEARB_CH digital compas mod, because I don't always want to guess at a compass heading when I can read off three digits instead.

05) I have TPW mods, but I've disabled every TPW option except for parked cars, because I like having access to a few extra parked cars in the big towns.

06) I have a full screen night vision mod. I hated the oval.

07) I have the head-range-plus [Track IR improvement mod].

08) I have the Tao Folding map mod.

09) I have the Map Contour mod that makes the map MUCH more readable.

10) I have the JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE [multiplayer compatible] sound mod.

11) I have the newest Blastcore-A3-Phoenix visual effects mod. My splosions gotta look good man!

12) I have the Outlaw Mag Repack mod (Gotta repack those mags, baby).

13) I have VanZants-SteadyShot mod. I hate the drunken alcoholic weapon sway. Call me a pussy for using this mod, I don't care. I hate the weapon sway in ARMA 3, and I like being able to severely reduce that sway.

14) I have the Red Hammer Studios -United-States-Armed-Forces mod. (The Red Hammer Studios Russian Forces mod is also installed, but not activated in the mod list).

15) I have CBA mod, because it's required by . . . oh, just EVERYTHING.

16) I have Outlaw's Moduload_v0.5.2 mod. This is for single player, not multiplayer.

Have I freaked you out yet? Hahahaha. Oh and i have lots more mods. This is my lite, aka "stripped down" list for multiplayer with my buddy. :-)

I'm ok with the long load times . . . really. Given how much CRAP I have running, I've got no room to whine about load times when I'm still getting 30 to 50 frames per second while gaming. But losing my clothes and constantly getting stuck running around in my underwear is another matter. I'll complain about that all day long. I'm starting to think this Multiplayer "Pilgrimage" mission is nothing more than a gay fantasy. hahahaha.

-V

Yup, long load times are definitely the long mod list ( your choice there ) ( I thought the Mag Repack was broken after the latest BI patch ).

The streaking issue?,...we are hoping the scripting will get fixed as Catmandos and/or Rydygier find the time. In the meantime we are having as much fun watching things f@#$ up as we do playing a polished version, LOL

I get an error message when opening the Outlaw Mag Repack mod, but just click "ok" and the mag repack still works fine.

I think the error message has to do with a certain type of font.

So you have fun watching me streak, aye? U pervert! ;)