Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

apparently Ambient Combat now features friendly NATO troops.

Em, nope... It may be TPW's skirmish? In AC may appear a single FIA groups (never NATO) from time to time now, but only if Alex has strong positive reputation, so not at first, and only, if the closest stronghold/airfield was cleared. It's rare anyway. Otherwise - only enemies should be spawned.

Edited by Rydygier

Em, nope... It may be TPW's skirmish?

Phew, thank god. It must me TPW then, thanks.

^^^^ It was TPW.

I've just had another awesome playthrough. This scenario alone is worth buying Arma for :).

I've played on Hard with most settings on random, so I probably have missed a few new things, but a few awesome ones stood out:

* Early on, an officer or team leader gave me intel on their radio frequencies. Hearing them spotting me and planning evil things moved the game to a new level. I hope this kind of intel does happen more than once in 10 playthroughs :).

* The "sell items" option on corpses is great, alleviates a lot of the tedium when one wants to sell everything the guy has on him. Also visually marks the body as "looted". Unfortunately their rifles and launchers are not getting sold (but the pistols are). Also, it can give images like:

arma3_2015_05_18_15_26_22_36.jpg

Apparently I interrupted a big, manly, ahem, pajama party.

In case at one point you find the motivation to work a bit on it again (I hope porting to other maps is still planned, right, right? :) ), a few remarks:

* Whenever I check a church "manually", I don't get the red mark, nor the green one when I found the corpse. Maybe because I played on Hard (and Veteran in the Arma3 settings as well)? But now I have the tedium to put red markers on potentially dozens of churches by hand, and it's not like Arma3 bothers to remember what map marker and color you placed the last time.

Sorry if there was a lengthy discussion about the issue, the thread is now 208 pages long, and a search for "marker" didn't bring anything. It's not like a long time ago when the game would "die" and and not acknowledge your visits to new churches, I do get the "He is not here" message, but no red marker. If it was made so people don't find out accidentally where they are, I don't think it is useful. When one finds a GPS it takes 10 seconds to find where you are on the map, so it should be switched back on as soon as one gets a GPS otr UAV terminal. And even this is too late, with the hundreds of hours we spent on Altis, usually the disorientation period barely lasts a few minutes. "OK, 3 solar windmills to the SW, a radio mast to the west, I am.... here!" :).

Maybe an option in the radio supports menu (the one with "switch incognito difficulty") to re-enable this feature?

* I cannot interact with the ADM in cars. I can hear (read) the messages about the 600ff enemy presence and 1200ff cars just fine, but cannot actually purchase the items unless I exit the car first. OK, it may be forbidden in Altis to text and phone from behind the wheel, but I don't see any cops around :).

* In the end credits (and yay! I'm in them, thanks!), it may be better to add a "Skip" option so that after the first time we can get to the debriefing faster?

* Not sure if it's possible, but it may be interesting to see in the debriefing, beside the fun data already there, a *sum* for each type of kills: soldiers, cars, armored, tanks, helicopters, boats. The standard Arma3 debriefing screen is too detailed, and math is hard.

Thanks for the hours of fun.

Great, so you enjoyed new things. :)

Frequencies are common, obtainable at each killed TL, once per side of course.

Weapons aren't sold, because unlike rest of the stuff, has own, separate weapon holder. Not much, I could do in reasonable way.

Yes, on hard and above there isn't church markes intentionally. Yes, it's because one of major principles of higher difficulties is requested lack of any hints on your location. If you're able to find GPS - good for you. But no artificial revealing, where are you by mission. Yes, it costs some manual work, whic may be considered tedious, but frankly higher difficulty is for people, that don't mind such things or more, enjoy doing more things on their own, like orienteering, which includes marking the churches. IMO, who finds it not desired, should stay on NORMAL, as I do usually.

BUT. Marking churches automatically anyway, if Alex has equipped GPS at the moment is IMO reasonable (because no longer reason to hide, what is revealed anyway) and, what's important, should be easy to do. Porting etc. still on my to do schedule, but my RL work prolongs, so can't tell, when it would happen (according the initial plan I already should finish coop after ports. Well, there are plans, and there is life).

I cannot interact with the ADM in cars.

Tested, and for me there is ADM action also when I'm inside a vehicle (I was sitting as a driver i nthe wheeled APC, when ADM came, and I got the action. Then I disembarked and re-embarked - action still there). So this may be either something vehicle-specific (not sure, if it is switchable eg in the vehicle's config), or I don't know. Anyway - for me and vanilla vehicle it worked, so don't see, what could I fix here.

it may be better to add a "Skip" option so that after the first time we can get to the debriefing faster?

There is. Press SPACE anytime after "THE END" was replaced by next text. There is info about that on screen, but after the credits - for aesthetic reasons.

a *sum* for each type of kills: soldiers, cars, armored, tanks, helicopters, boats.

Omitted that just because default debriefing covers that, while scripting parallel count would cost CPU ("killed" Eventhandlers for all) - price not worthy of the effect IMO.

Thanks for another great feedback. :)

Edited by Rydygier

Yes, on hard and above there isn't church markes intentionally. Yes, it's because one of major principles of higher difficulties is requested lack of any hints on your location. If you're able to find GPS - good for you. But no artificial revealing, where are you by mission. Yes, it costs some manual work, whic may be considered tedious, but frankly higher difficulty is for people, that don't mind such things or more, enjoy doing more things on their own, like orienteering, which includes marking the churches. IMO, who finds it not desired, should stay on NORMAL, as I do usually. Marking churches anyway, if Alex has equipped GPS is however IMO reasonable (because no longer reason to hide, what is revealed anyway) and, what's important, should be easy to do. Porting etc. still on my to do schedule, but my RL work prolongs, so can't tell, when it would happen (according the initial plan I already should finish coop after ports. Well, there are plans, and there is life).

Maybe you can reconsider? I am taking Hard for more difficult starting conditions. Granted, these conditions don't last very long, but it is one of the most fun parts of the game. And it's a shame that the trade off after that is to always have to manually flag churches. Linking it to me finding a GPS is a step in the right direction, but not enough imho. It may be a LOT of time before I get one, even though I know exactly where I am on the map.

With an option to enable it in the 0-8 menu you will allow players to decide when they know where they are and want the game to handle the flagging. There are many ways to find where one is. If the player hasn't recognized his surroundings, entering a village will tell him where he is, and that could happen way before he finds a GPS. If you don't want people to use that menu option to cheat, then, first, it should be their choice, and secondly one can always cheat by setting up Shift-click map markers and see how far from him they are (please do not disable the shift-click markers now ;) ).

There is. Press SPACE anytime after "THE END" was replaced by next text. There is info about that on screen, but after the credits - for aesthetic reasons.

Indeed this works. Maybe a "THE END" and in much smaller text "Press space to skip credits" or a Skip menu option like the one you put in the intro cinematics would be better? I watched the end credits but: 1) I am sure that when I saw it I didn't think that pressing it would have worked before the text had appeared on the screen; 2) when typing the previous post a few minutes later I had already forgotten seeing one :).

Omitted that just because default debriefing covers that, while scripting parallel count would cost CPU ("killed" Eventhandlers for all) - price not worthy of the effect IMO.

Oh, I was imagining that the default Arma3 briefing existed like a table that one could use to aggregate data. Never mind then.

---

Another issue I have forgotten, confirmed after trying with zero add-ons (but all the DLCs):

arma3_2015_05_19_13_29_16_13.jpg

This appears the very first time I open the Gear menu after starting the game or each reload from a save, either opening it just on me or a container or trunk. I never saw it in any other mission.

---

Also, I am using the most useful Arma3 mod of all time: @RYD_BT :). This paythrough was made with the RHS Escalation add-on, no problems except some vehicles don't seem to have a large inventory. The unarmed RHS Humvee is huge, but the RHS BMD-7 and (even the stock BTR-K Kamysh), while being much larger and have a "desant" compartment have much smaller inventories (all larger than the normal Arma3 "10 rockets and that's all" inventory though). Problem with vehicle classes? Any chance for a @RYD_BT_HUGE where all classes have the same, largest, capacity? For when one wants to have some mindless fun...

Linking it to me finding a GPS is a step in the right direction, but not enough imho. It may be a LOT of time before I get one, even though I know exactly where I am on the map.

I think, it has to be enough. 0-8 I dislike, because I don't want fill it too much, there are only 10 positions there, while some mods also are using supports for their options. Especially if we're talking about such specific things. 0-8 is intended for technical stuff, influencing things not bounded directly with scenario rules, things like like saves, body clearing, fatigue effects or time skipping... And we, knowing well Altis, may be able to guess, where we are fast. But not all are like we and Pilgrimage will be also for another maps. I would say, by intention HARD is primarily about orienteering and only secondary about other things, it changes. I'm really thinking about those higher difficulties as designed for those, who don't mind additional manual work. Also do not exaggerate, I tested mission on these levels up to INSANE and it's not that bad or tedious. Most churches I always had marked autmatically anyway thanks to "not here" intel, while together with other kind of intel made me usually at most manually marking several churches or so. Of course, if one plays by personal visiting each church, it's different, but that his choice coming with consequences. As for the cheaters - same, their choice, I don't care nor bother, how one want to experience Pilgrimage, if for someone cheating is the way - go ahead. But I remember voices saying, despite they want not to cheat, each opportunity to do so is too tempting and spoils the fun even when not used actually. Vanilla shift+click marking is there, because I can't prevent that from mission level. My solution is disabled though on HARD.

Maybe a "THE END" and in much smaller text "Press space to skip credits"

Not sure, if possible with used solution for displaying credits, but I'll check, what may be done. I can display this before the end, if simultanous not possible, just small.

or a Skip menu option like the one you put in the intro cinematics would be better?

Would be, but not possible to bring it there. It's vanilla thing showed during intro /outro parts, but credits technically are still part of main gameplay.

Another issue I have forgotten, confirmed after trying with zero add-ons (but all the DLCs)

Yep. I know, and reported, as this is game issue AFAIK. So if you like, bump up this thread with your confirmation. The more of us, the better chance for some fix. :)

except some vehicles don't seem to have a large inventory

Possible with mods. BT uses higher level parent classes to set trunk capacity, but if mod changes that somewhere lower in the hierarchy or uses some other parent class, trunk will stay not affected by BT. Nothing, I could do about. Also some dev changes in vanilla Arma may in time make BT not work with all classes, I do not monitor this frankly. Someday I'll, but don't know, when.

Edited by Rydygier

Was playing coop yesterday and one of the civilians said "Will there be coop?". I told him "maybe someday". :rolleyes:

We laughed when we saw that, nice one Ryd.

Even with as many missions as I have done Pilgrimage still manages to surprise. I outran the gunship on the way to the boat with the body. The boat is well outside the range of the remaining gunship which is based at the AAC Airfield on the other side of Altis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_mKHvUTwrQ

I have been putting up an entire mission in episodes. It was on the very hard setting where you start with just a pistol. I thought it was a very interesting mission with a thrilling and surprising ending.

The playlist can be found here.

This is going to be fun to watch. I'll watch'em all.

I have been putting up an entire mission in episodes. It was on the very hard setting where you start with just a pistol. I thought it was a very interesting mission with a thrilling and surprising ending.

The playlist can be found here.

Loved the out takes, been there, done that. :)

Alex always sounded in pain, did it continue even if healed at hide out or isn't that an option on that difficulty?

Off topic, how do you zoom while a gunner in the Strider? I'm not sure what that keyboard option is.

Can't wait to watch the rest, nice job.

Alex always sounded in pain, did it continue even if healed at hide out or isn't that an option on that difficulty?

Alex managed to get himself injured, so to get back to 100% health I could heal at the campfire but I tend not to use that option because of the time lapse. Alternatively I could find a medikit for my companion and have him heal me. That sorts it out until next time I get shot/injured.

Off topic, how do you zoom while a gunner in the Strider? I'm not sure what that keyboard option is.

Use + or - on the Num Keypad.

There are more out-takes at the end of episode 8. I should have the final episode up soon. 90% edited so far.

EDIT: The final episode is now up.

Edited by alky_lee
Update

No more monkey ... fun stuff !

The current game I'm on it has been raining for days. No matter how long I wait 6 hours, the overcast and rain persists dam it.

Edited by Major-Stiffy

My latest mission has broken since the 1.46 update. It was working normally when I moved into Paros, then I got killed. It seems to have broken around when I reloaded. All the loot present when I saved plus spawned enemies were there, but as I moved around no new loot appeared, and churches stopped autosaving. Enemies appeared on TPW Hud as a single enemy but nothing was visible and nobody fired at me. There were also some unseen objects (probably a checkpoint) which I could run into and broke a wheel on my Ifrit. I saved and resumed the mission with the same result.

On checking the RPT I found this error.

18:36:36 Error in expression <t _ix;

_tkn = false;

{
if ((_lootSpot distance _x) < 2) exitWith {_tkn = true}>
18:36:36   Error position: <distance _x) < 2) exitWith {_tkn = true}>
18:36:36   Error distance: Type Number, expected Array,Object,Location

Full RPT here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7034905/arma3_2015-06-10_18-11-24.rpt

EDIT: Reverting to an earlier save seems to have rescued the mission

Edited by alky_lee

All the loot present when I saved plus spawned enemies were there, but as I moved around no new loot appeared, and churches stopped autosaving. Enemies appeared on TPW Hud as a single enemy but nothing was visible and nobody fired at me. There were also some unseen objects (probably a checkpoint) which I could run into and broke a wheel on my Ifrit. I saved and resumed the mission with the same result.

Main loop was broken due to that error clearly.

Sorry guys, something, that seemed to be a short range job appeared something more long term, I thought (it will not end this month). Good for my wallet, bad for my Arma projects - no idea, when finally I'll have enough time do something about this or even launch the game, not mentioning ports, coop etc. Let's hope, it is rare issue. Looks like such to me frankly. I know this kind: very rare random error, that shouldn't occur logically, yet it occurs once per millenium or so. Mechanism:

To clear an array from not desired sub-arrays we need to turn them into anything non-array, only then subtract, like this:

_lootSpots set [_ix,0];
_lootSpots = _lootSpots - [0];

Because subtracting subarrays is impossible.

The second line of this code AFAIK should for 100% remove all zeroes from the _lootSpots array, in particular the one, first line added at _ix index instead of "to be removed" subarray lying there. But apparently it didn't this single time, thus next cycle an array supposed to hold coordinates sub-arrays contained also "illegal" lone number. Trying to measure distance from one point to the number caused this error. Question is, what scripter may do, if properly written script doesn't behave properly.

Edited by Rydygier

Sorry guys, something, that seemed to be a short range job appeared something more long term,

Glad to hear you are enjoying some gainful employment.

Main loop was broken due to that error clearly. Let's hope, it is rare issue. Looks like such to me frankly. I know this kind: very rare random error, that shouldn't occur logically, yet it occurs once per millenium or so.

It has happened to me before, normally around an Arma update. Last time was around 1.40/1.42 when I had many problems and had to stop using mods. At least reverting back to an earlier save may fix it, if you can go back far enough.

Rydygier

I would like to replace the heavy equipment

the enemy and the player

on

C_Offroad_01_F

max.

O_G_Offroad_01_armed_F

prompt where to change

I found here

file

JRInit.sqf

line

RYD_JR_Tanks =

RYD_JR_Armored =

RYD_JR_CPStuff =

where respawn empty vehicle?

P.S.

Sorry for my English

Sorry man, I'm trying, but I'm affraid, I simply do not understand, what you wrote...

I think he wants to change the vehicle spawn to those cars,

for the checkpoints you can change them in RYD_JR\JR_init.sqf and then row 1657

for the rest you can change them on row 347.

do not change row 267.

This is only my guesses, Rydygier knows more

Edited by Catmandos

Oh, I see, so it's about making, so the only possible empty vehicles would be one of these two? If so, JRInit.sqf editing is required indeed:

After line 2090 and before 2092 (progressLoadingScreen 0.4;) put such code:

RYD_JR_AllSoftV = ["C_Offroad_01_F"];
RYD_JR_AllArmor = ["O_G_Offroad_01_armed_F"];

So all vehicle classes taken form the config will be overwritten by these two classes, where only small minority on the map will be "armed".

But if it is also about spawned enemy AI mechanized/armored groups, it's not so simple, I'm affraid.

Edited by Rydygier

Rydygier

Thanks for the help

Code:

RYD_JR_AllSoftV = ["C_Offroad_01_F"];

I can add? For a diversity.

RYD_JR_AllSoftV = ["C_Offroad_01_F","O_G_Van_01_transport_F","C_Offroad_01_repair_F","C_Hatchback_01_F"];

The issue spawned enemy AI mechanized / armored groups remains Opened

Crazy the tanks are attacking.

I can add? For a diversity.

RYD_JR_AllSoftV = ["C_Offroad_01_F","O_G_Van_01_transport_F","C_Offroad_01_repair_F","C_Hatchback_01_F"];

Certainly. Put there whatever classes you like - vehs will be randomized from these pools.

The issue spawned enemy AI mechanized / armored groups remains Opened

Yes. That's more complicated. To be sure, only infantry is spawned, in the same file go to the lines 2784-3082 (all numbers before any your changes). There are such lines in particular looking like this:

_rnd = random 100;

1. line 2842:

change 100 to 80 if you want only infantry/guards in the big cities or to 90 if wheeled motorized should be included.

2. line 2992:

As above, but to 90 or 95 for small towns/villages

For the other named locations there is infantry guaranteed anyway.

So, after that the only armored units you may spot at stronghold or spawned by Ambient Combat. Plus some soft MRAPs at checkpoints.

To exclude armored from Ambient Combat open JR_fnc.sqf, go to the line 6366 and do analogous change in the same looking line, as above:

75 or 90, if wheeled should be possible.

If I'm not forgetting anything, this should do the trick. Only armored at strongholds now. Do you wish exclude them too? Then in the file JR_fnc delete/disable lines:

1. 5679-5691:

_posS = [_pos,50,300,6,0,6,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_type = RYD_JR_Armored select (floor (random (count RYD_JR_Armored)));
	_vh = createVehicle [_type, _posS, [], 0, "NONE"];
	createVehicleCrew _vh;

{
		[_x,false] call RYD_JR_DecimateGear;
		}
	foreach (crew _vh);

RYD_JR_allEnemy pushBack (group _vh);
	_toClear pushBack (group _vh);

2. 6061-6073: