Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Thanks Salvatore, very useful, also interesting approach to put functions into the map menu, that may be an alternative for my weather mod.

Played some more co-op and had a great time, though when we had a break and came back loaded to it we had a few issues.

1. When my buddy logged I would be teleported back the the spawn and he would be on a rocky island to the very north of the map, we would then have to restart.

2. I think when we re-loaded the map things would break such as hitch-hicking loot and placement of AI

@ JamesSaga

Co-op is, at this point in time a WIP, plus it has been shelved temporarily. We play it all the time and even when things go wrong, we still cannot stop. We simply tell ourselves that it's not the objective in this case, but rather the hunt! In order to reload the map so that you are together, you have to load from a "saved game", don't resume. Now how to do just that is a bit tricky so just PM Major Stiffy and he can tell you how he does it. Now as far as not having any "yellow" options in your menu, just respawn or for more drama, have your buddy kill you, and when you come to, you will have the yellow options again. Most of the time, quite often, usually, sometimes, once in a while.The host usually doesn't have any issues with this, as it's usually the client.

Mate can I request that you please re-enable the "Skip" intro button. It's good to watch once or twice but after then ...

I can't re-enable something, I didn't disabled. Reproduce any issue without mods before reporting. In this case it's confirmed CBA bug, AFAIK already fixed by them, so check, if you have latest CBA version.

Mate can I request that you please re-enable the "Skip" intro button. It's good to watch once or twice but after then ...

It's not Rydygiers responsibility. It's CBA_A3, get the latest, it's already fixed.

It's not Rydygiers responsibility. It's CBA_A3, get the latest, it's already fixed.

Awesome thanks mate.

Am I the only one getting a crash every 1 - 10 minutes?

EDIT: I'm using the 1.90 version, by the way

Am I the only one getting a crash every 1 - 10 minutes?

EDIT: I'm using the 1.90 version, by the way

The Arma 1.42 update caused some things to not work properly and led to erratic errors. I am running 1.93 beta on vanilla without any problems and everything seems to be working as expected. With the marksmen update, some of the new features make life very interesting. Especially the recon pathfinders with their silenced Kir rifles.

All right, let's assume, loot selling issue is fixed due to lack of further reports on it, so since today had enough time for it, Pilgrimage is updated to 1.93. Changelog:

- (likely) fixed a possibility of loot sell failure, some players experienced;

- small code optimisation.

(if someone is playing on bet currently, no need to restart - no important changes added)

Played 4,5 hours , without the new CBA update, and on the latest stable mission and could sell every box i found! confirmed fix :)

tried to play this but all i ended up with after the intros was a black screen with the owrk pilgrimage on it. just stayed there for long time. if i press esc then i see my character, but when i resume game its back to the black screen.

It's typical, when playing with mods, that generate some config errors. Perhaps such error message breaks "loadingscreen" so all this massive calculations from that point are done along with simulation pending, thus looong delay without sound etc. Only a theory and maybe not the only reason.

What's important:

1. Confirm issue on vanilla.

2. If not confirmed on vanilla, narrow down and eliminate troublemaking mod(s), then enjoy.

Played this a few weeks back before GTA V came out and I just had to say great job, I don't actually play any singleplayer content for the ARMA series but this really did suck me in for a weekend.

Are UAV Terminals supposed to spawn in regular loot boxes?

Thanks, Tonic. :)

Are UAV Terminals supposed to spawn in regular loot boxes?

Yes. Rare, but possible, same as every item.

Yes. Rare, but possible

I think I have come across something even more rare, two hidden camps on the same spot with the campfires in exactly the same spot. It confused the hell out of me. I put out the fire but remained lit until I did it a second time, I had to establish the hideout twice and it remained even after I packed it into a vehicle. At this point I thought that the camp looked a bit crowded when I approached it, and I wondered why there were so many defenders. I had assumed that some were a nearby patrol.

:D Seems some unexpected selectBestPlaces command behaviour. Or it returns two different, but very close positions, while used next isFlatEmpty does the rest, pointing same spot for the both... Technically I could prevent that, but if result isn't too weird, I would treat this like a feature - very rare, unusually crowded hidden camps.

:D Seems some unexpected selectBestPlaces command behaviour. Or it returns two different, but very close positions, while used next isFlatEmpty does the rest, pointing same spot for the both... Technically I could prevent that, but if result isn't too weird, I would treat this like a feature - very rare, unusually crowded hidden camps.

It helps to keep you on your toes. It's easy to get used to 2/3 defenders of a camp. To suddenly find one with more, catches you out. In this case it cost me my Stomper because I missed a grenadier in some nearby trees. It was beyond repair by my engineer.

v1.92-1.93

for easy and normal difficulty Intel bought on ADM now will show the closest empty vehicle, not random

sometimes spawn vehicle in the water.

It may show also boats, if closest. Even including Alex's own boat (after all for the intel vendor it's just another abandoned vehicle), if he changed vehicle to something else. Then the marker will be on the water, close to the shore. Marker on the water theoretically pssible also when pointed vehicle is very close to the shore, due to implemented some inaccuracy (100 meters radius). Anyway, if the marker is on the water, should be just at the coastline.

Edited by Rydygier

Due to some RL work, I mentioned earlier, I had to put on hold all my Arma activity. It still have to take some time, so no progress should be expected for now...

Hi,

I haven't played any Pilgrimage (nor Arma) since last autumn if not more. I jumped into the new version of Pilgrimage, put most of the settings on auto, and got a surprise: apparently Ambient Combat now features friendly NATO troops. I preferred the old Pilgrimage, the scarier one, where everyone was hostile and nobody was "protecting" me, nor stealing my kills. Surely, in a scenario where one has the option to start butt naked, there must be one to remove friendlies, isn't there? :)