Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

with CBA the skip button is very close to the EXIT button. Check below. Its almost like the buttons are on top of each other. Could be i'm on a different resolution? 1080i

Hello Guys

I just updated my game to 1.42

Selling loot failed too

I had this error message when I opened the inventory of the very first loot case I found

class 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayInventory/controls/GroundContainer/DCLTemplate/Controls/' is not defined

I restarted the mission, same aera to begin, same box found at the same place, same error message but this time I was able to sell the loot and the ones after.

the first time I was shot so I restarted from the save.

for the second mission I'm playing, I'm playing from the start, no restart from a save for now, maybe it is why I can sell (or not, i'll let you know)

same issue with updated CBA_A3 (did'nt notice that until I restarted the mission after 1.42 update)

I'm playing a ported "mission test" on Bornholm, so I guess i'm not that helpfull as it is absolutly not vanillia ( I run with almost all Massi's mods, RHS Escalation, ARP2, etc...)

I've played a full Pilgrimage V1.90 and 1.40 without any noticable issues (except ones can be expected by the ported game, I'm not a scripter ;) )

I'll download your latest Dev version 1.92 Beta3 and try it to see.....

EDIT:

you can sell loot crates as they appeared, you cannot sell a crate you have prepared or a crate where you have added some stuff.

for some reasons I did'nt figure out fior now, you can also sell from bodies sometimes and sometimes not (even you did'nt add/change something on the gear inventory )

Edited by rsoftokz

Since so far I got no any documented with RPT/not sellable stuff list reports on vanilla play, where selling loot fails, I ran the selling code from beta 3 through every available ammo box in editor + some DLC stuff + some other. Seems to me 100% reliable, no any issues. Now I'll run the last test gameplay, if still no bugs found, I will assume, all selling problems are related with mods (possibly conflicting with new game version). That means official release of 1.92. Then, as said, I have to take care of some RL stuff, which will delay any further action like porting etc.

Mission updated to 1.92. Changelog:

- weather should be a bit less rainy again;

- few more feedback providers/helpful people to the credits;

- bipods handled by selling loot code;

- restricted part of Marksmen DLC content should not appear as loot in boxes, if player doesn't own Marksmen or Bundle DLC;

- for easy and normal difficulty Intel bought on ADM now will show the closest empty vehicle, not random;

- few other code changes.

(fix&maintenance update)

Basically beta 3 + two small arty bugs hopefully fixed.

- weather should be a bit less rainy again;

I didn't find setovercast/setrain in your code. So it means you tuned values down via Editor gui?

A well-deserved contest winner, this one. Such a simple, brilliant, idea. Made a long, procedural, full-map ArmA mission (usually a long, buggy slog) feel more like an epic narrative experience than anything else I can remember.

The loot-selling system was also very clever.

I did get occasional script errors that prevented me from selling loot. The only mods I used were CBA, ShackTac's fatigue monitor, and RHS Russian units. (The error affected vanilla loot as well.)

Thanks. :)

I did get occasional script errors that prevented me from selling loot.

Could you paste those error logs from RPT? IMO it's still due to mods, as in all my vanilla tests I didn't encountered such problems, while sold this way nearly all possible stuff, but if something easy to adjust causes this, in the future I could try to prevent it.

So it means you tuned values down via Editor gui?

Yes, the only way, Pilgrimage affects overcast, is editor GUI. Intended is 51% overcast at init and forecasted 49% after 30 minutes. Those two % make all the difference (there is also 1% fog set and some scripted ground fog supposed to be gone after 30 minutes)... Through few earlier versions was left accidentally forecasted overcast 51%, same as initial.

Edited by Rydygier

I can't be certain, but I think this was the error.

20:42:59 No owner

20:43:02 No owner

20:43:33 Error in expression <A = [];

_ammunitionC = [];

{

_mag = _x select 0;

if not (_mag in _ammunition) t>

20:43:33 Error position: <select 0;

20:43:33 Error Generic error in expression

20:43:36 Error in expression <A = [];

_ammunitionC = [];

{

_mag = _x select 0;

20:43:36 Error position: <select 0;

20:43:36 Error Generic error in expression

20:44:24 No owner

20:44:26 No owner

It crops up occasionally when I press 'Sell Content,' interspersed with hundreds of 'no owner' and 'no speaker' RPT entries.

Looks, like some of magazine arrays aren't of expected form (empty arrays or not arrays at all). This should be fixable, but better to find and remove source of unexpected cases. Anyway removing of the troublemaking item from the pool for sell should solve the problem and perhaps provide some answer, when/why it happens. Pity, I was unable to reproduce this so far.

Looks, like some of magazine arrays aren't of expected form (empty arrays or not arrays at all). This should be fixable, but better to find and remove source of unexpected cases. Anyway removing of the troublemaking item from the pool for sell should solve the problem and perhaps provide some answer, when/why it happens. Pity, I was unable to reproduce this so far.

I think it might be the 7.62x54 or 7.62x51 ammo that was added/changed with 1.42. I've had this error pop up pretty often during playthroughs on dev.

OK, maybe these magazines doesn't work well with respective "list me all magazines" commands, no wonder, I can't reproduce it, I haven't DLC so far, so had to assume, DLC content works same way with scripting (should for sure). I'll try spawn some of such magazines and sell them. I'll try few other thing in order to reproduce this issue now, when I got RPT logs allowing me to do that, when free time appear, and we'll see... :)

EDIT: actually spawned several types of these new mags, but when added to the box, are sold properly. No bug. Tried also a weapon with empty magazine chambered. No problem too. I have to try something different, but kinda lack of ideas... If no other way, I can blindly add code most likely preventing this issue, basing just on this RPT log, but still better to understand, what is going on...

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

All right, "dev branch" updated to 1.93 beta1:

- prevented rare cases of selling loot fail.

I mean, I hope so - it was blind change, failed to reproduce the issue. Along with the code change, I added for testing purposes some extra debug. It should display a hint, if supposed issue cause appear (don't worry, issue itself in such case is safely filtered out). In such case (wrong mag hint message), please, notify me, what exactly this hint stated or provide me your RPT (whole or relevant part) - same message will be stored also there. Otherwise - all should look normal way.

Edited by Rydygier

FYI, we will see the return of the Skip button (for the cinematics) soon, hopefully:

Yep - we have reproduced the issue and fixed it for the next release. Thanks for the report!

A very small note, running ACE3 with your mission causes very low frame rates. This is new with the latest version of your mission and did not happen in the older version of the mission.

(I know this is a mod and its not your job to fix it but I'm just reporting it)

I wouldn't report anything to do with ACE3, JamesSaga. The stage of development is so early that it's not even relevant. When I run ACE3 with the Night showcase I only get about 12 fps, and the fault is obviously not with BI's mission.

By the way, concerning the selling bug, it would occur with loot from dead enemies, rather than in loot boxes. And the bug would prevent all the other non-magazine items from being sold as well. It happened with AAF and CSAT troops, so I'm pretty sure vanilla gear was involved.

And the bug would prevent all the other non-magazine items from being sold as well. It happened with AAF and CSAT troops, so I'm pretty sure vanilla gear was involved.

Currently testing in free time newest beta (pure vanilla of course) but still no a single occurrence of this issue to me, while many bodies and boxes tried. Maybe it's about something, some people do, but I don't. No idea. I still hope, last beta fixes that anyway, but I want to understand, what's the mechanism of this issue (thus special debug left in the 1.93 beta).

Had a play with a friend on your co-op beta and it was awesome had a great time :)

Question: at one point we both went down and both re-spawned over our bodies, is the mechanic final?

Had a play with a friend on your co-op beta and it was awesome had a great time :)

Question: at one point we both went down and both re-spawned over our bodies, is the mechanic final?

Spawning at your dead body is by design so far. Would be nice if we'd spawn prone. :D

This coop is mainly a "probe", wip to explore possibilities (still playable). Respawning was just quick makeshift to avoid restarting at death so it looks as it looks. If I manage to make coop based on final version, as planned, this have to be something better thought. Still great, you had fun with current coop. :)

Rydy, as a special service to your valuable players, you could make the player character zeus and open debug console via description.exe, because hey, why not, its SP, otherwise I have to do it any new release :D

I have to admit, so far I never ever touched Zeus thingy. :) Saw some footage, but that's all. From what I saw, I don't want to give the player such powers. If someone want - sure, he may do that, but it will be not part of official release. The more, of course, "no more new features" was said, unless they add something revolutionary, like women. Thus number of coming versions should be not that cumbersome for those, who want add this and have to repeat that each update.

From what I saw, I don't want to give the player such powers. If someone want - sure, he may do that, but it will be not part of official release.

Well OK I respect that, but don't want to start old discussions, I am on the other side of the spectrum btw :) (allow everything what already is there). You're right, as you update not often anymore, its no problem for me.

Allowing debug console can be helpful for entering commands and taking nice screenshots via splendid cam. And if people control the area via cam: does anyone care?

Edited by tortuosit

Some had valid (from their personal view) points against adding any cheat-like features, that I respect and have to agree. One may say - don't want, don't use, it's optional. But were right saying, there is immediate temptation to abuse such features, which temptation alone spoils the fun (for them). There is some factual psychological difference even if such feature can be switched externally, before play, or in-game. What's in-game is kinda "field/scope of immersion" that in such case shouldn't be "defiled" by cheat options.

As for me, I have some vision of what Pilgrimage should be and I'm guarding this vision in official release. Such additions would break it into something else, unwanted by me.

Edited by Rydygier

First time I tried and successfully reprogrammed the Stomper. That's off my bucket list now. :D

Azdpe5A.jpg?1[/img]

BTW, I'm running 1.92b2 .... Arma 3 1.42 only problem for me is aligning on some crates to be able to sell. Some crates in buildings just won't give the sell contents options. Not a game breaker at all though.

I'm using the following mods:

BeBe midtex

bCombat

DragonFyre

RYD BT

stHud

tort dynamicweather

TPW

VTS Weaponsresting

Edited by Major-Stiffy

Rydy, as a special service to your valuable players, you could make the player character zeus and open debug console via description.exe, because hey, why not, its SP, otherwise I have to do it any new release :D

Or you could use this, which would be much easier than enforcing it on the mission. ;)

Not sure if the debug mode is on with that, but the rest should be already there.