Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Thanks. :)

Seems like some mutation of infamous disappearing items issue - it's a game bug then. All in hands of BI devs.

Mags and items disappearing on right-click is known bug in 1.40 and was fixed in dev.

Yes, such incidents are annoying (that's why no selling from the trunk). But moving this into 0-8 will make it IMO too awkward and unintuitive. Plus, there is limited space under 0-8, and some other mods need it too. Honestly, how often such accidents happen?

I think it's the second time for me, so probably not too much of a problem. Luckily the Tigris was full of goodies so at least we had a Katiba & Zafir with a fair amount of ammo plus what I was carrying.

Been trying out the 1.42 RC branch and there seem to be a few problems. The other night it was just not getting the option to repair vehicles. There have been a couple of updates since and when I resumed last night I thought my savegame was bugged so I started a new mission. If this makes it onto main branch there will be a lot of work required to put things right.

Firstly I wasn't getting much loot, only 2 markers. Secondly no civilians to talk to, in fact there didn't seem to be that many civilians around so no intel from them.

I couldn't sell from the boxes at a hideout. I couldn't sell from a prepared box from the action menu, and I could make more than one prepared box. I could still sell from bodies and interrogate prisoners though, but no direction for the body. I went into Syrta, and there were no loot markers or civilians to talk to. Strangely, the mission seemed a bit empty just running round and killing enemies. Lastly the Katiba GL rifle had an artefact in front of the sight which looked like a small VR cube, and rendered the sight useless. I'm pretty sure that this is a BIS bug though.

Unfortunately I will have no internet when the update comes out, so I thought I would share this now, just in case.

Thanks. Frankly, I do not pay much attention to the problems appearing on dev branch due to its fluid nature, I'll for sure try to check everything once 1.42 will reach stable. And I do expect some work required.

Rydy, can you please post your tpw_hud code? Looks interesting.. TIA

Sure. In fact here I did already. Note, positions depends on resolution, aspect ratio, maybe also interface size setting... I'ts for 1920x1080 (16:9).

A bit late I know but congrats on the 2nd place mate, well deserved! ;)

Thanks. :)

I've recently started playing this mission again and yet I've encoutered an "issue". I'm using the latest dev version of the game and I noticed most loot boxes contain DLC stuff only. It's kinda annoying because I'm not going to buy the DLCs anyway. Is there a chance Rydygier you can exclude all the DLC content?

I do not plan to exclude DLC in general, because many people will buy it. There is a way to check, if DLC is bought or not per each player. Thus, I can disable Marksmen content for those, who haven't bought it (probably manually, per class, unless their configs contain DLC ID, can't recall right now). Meanwhile - I suggest using stable branch. I suggest it anyway BTW, Pilgrimage is written and tested under/for stable. Dev branch is fluid, and may change daily, thus can't be reliable platform.

That's all, my playthrough completed. :) Thanks to all, who watched it. I'll link to the whole playlist from the first post.

Edited by Rydygier

@Rydygier

This may be trivial to some but to have my name added in the credits was a thoughtful gesture, and I really appreciate the mention. Thank you so much Rydygier, gonna show my kids when they wake up. ;)

:D my pleasure. BTW I have to add few more names there... Just hoping, no one has anything against his nickname shown there? Didn't thought about such possibility.

:D my pleasure. BTW I have to add few more names there... Just hoping, no one has anything against his nickname shown there? Didn't thought about such possibility.

Nickname or real name is fine with me. We all have our forum name's showing for everyone to see, so don't see a problem. ;)

I've recently started playing this mission again and yet I've encoutered an "issue". I'm using the latest dev version of the game and I noticed most loot boxes contain DLC stuff only. It's kinda annoying because I'm not going to buy the DLCs anyway. Is there a chance Rydygier you can exclude all the DLC content?

I was playing on the RC and there i also came across new DLC weapons, on the other hand i found more "custom" weapons than DLC, i think it is just "your lucky or not" :p

I have to admit, I really love this mission ever since it was released but this is kinda annoying lately. I don't know if this is caused by the DEV version but I either find racing helmets in most of the boxes in civil areas or DLC weaponry and attachments in military areas. 8 out of 10 boxes were filled with non accessible DLC stuff...

In earlier versions it was kinda fulfilling sneaking into some military base and grabbing a highend rifle or machinegun...

One, thing, that changed lately, is how NORMAL loot distribution works. Now it places mostly non-weaponry stuff in civilian houses. Old way is under ABUNDANT loot distribution. But certainly there is no mechanism favoring DLC stuff in any way. More DLC than non-DLC loot would be expected only, if there would be more DLC items possible, than non-DLC, and this, I believe, isn't the case. So IMO it's just statistical probability that varies such a way this time for you.

As said, I'll exclude marksmen DLC loot for people not owning this DLC, but after it reach stable branch. Playing Pilgrimage on dev branch is on own risk only without any warranty for anything nor right to complain at me. :P

Edited by Rydygier

One, thing, that changed lately, is how NORMAL loot distribution works. Now it places mostly non-weaponry stuff in civilian houses. Old way is under ABUNDANT loot distribution. But certainly there is no mechanism favoring DLC stuff in any way. More DLC than non-DLC loot would be expected only, if there would be more DLC items possible, than non-DLC, and this, I believe, isn't the case. So IMO it's just statistical probability that varies such a way this time for you.

As said, I'll exclude marksmen DLC loot for people not owning this DLC, but after it reach stable branch. Playing Pilgrimage on dev branch is on own risk only without any warranty for anything nor right to complain at me. :P

Didn't meant to offend you Rydygier. Still very enjoyable mission even with all the DLC content. ;-)

I think I'm just a spoiled player expecting the best weaponry in every crate I detect. But at the moment the Zafir has enough punch to do the job. :D

"Dev branch" updated to 1.92 beta 1:

- weather should be a bit less rainy again;

- few more feedback providers/helpful people to the credits;

- bipods handled by selling loot code;

- restricted part of Marksmen DLC content should not appear as loot in boxes, if player doesn't own Marksmen or Bundle DLC;

- for easy and normal difficulty Intel bought on ADM now will show the closest empty vehicle, not random;

- few other code changes.

I'll appreciate pure vanilla testing bug reports (sme mods may be broken for 1.42, so the more important testing vanilla is).

Few days without any new bugs would mean official mission update and beginning of porting process.

Credits - there was so many helpful people, so I can still forgetting about someone. Not intended, on the contrary. If you feel to be such forgotten person, please, let me know. :)

ADM vehicle Intel - not very logical change, but after analyzing feedback about that feature and own experience noted, so in this case realism spoils the fun, and makes this feature neglected by many (waste of money for vehicle mark on the opposite side of the Altis). Since in such cases fun has obvious priority over realism (realism is good as long it improves the fun), now ADM will reveal closest vehicle, like for civ intel, for easy and normal difficulty. Enemy presence still shown at random though.

Weather - few versions ago I accidentally left forcasted weather same as initial, thus so rainy gameplays lately. I switched forecast back, to the intended value.

Edited by Rydygier

"Dev branch" updated to 1.92 beta 1:

- weather should be a bit less rainy again;

- few more feedback providers/helpful people to the credits;

- bipods handled by selling loot code;

- restricted part of Marksmen DLC content should not appear as loot in boxes, if player doesn't own Marksmen or Bundle DLC;

- for easy and normal difficulty Intel bought on ADM now will show the closest empty vehicle, not random;

- few other code changes.

I'll appreciate pure vanilla testing bug reports (sme mods may be broken for 1.42, so the more important testing vanilla is).

Few days without any new bugs would mean official mission update and beginning of porting process.

Credits - there was so many helpful people, so I can still forgetting about someone. Not intended, on the contrary. If you feel to be such forgotten person, please, let me know. :)

ADM vehicle Intel - not very logical change, but after analyzing feedback about that feature and own experience noted, so in this case realism spoils the fun, and makes this feature neglected by many (waste of money for vehicle mark on the opposite side of the Altis). Since in such cases fun has obvious priority over realism (realism is good as long it improves the fun), now ADM will reveal closest vehicle, like for civ intel, for easy and normal difficulty. Enemy presence still shown at random though.

Weather - few versions ago I accidentally left forcasted weather same as initial, thus so rainy gameplays lately. I switched forecast back, to the intended value.

Nice one Rydygier. Just finished painting the living room, and now time for a break playing Pilgrimage with Marksman DLC! :D

Hey Rydygier,

Everytime i run Virual Arsenal or if i force chagne my gear via debug console using following below causes the mission to break. Is there a reason behind this?

removeUniform player;
removeVest player;
removeBackpack player;
removeHeadgear player;
removeGoggles player;
player forceAddUniform "U_BG_Guerilla2_3";
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {player addItemToUniform "FirstAidKit";};
player addVest "V_BandollierB_blk";
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {player addItemToVest "20Rnd_762x51_Mag";};
player addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_blk";
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItemToBackpack "20Rnd_762x51_Mag";};
player addHeadgear "H_Booniehat_oli";
player addGoggles "G_Balaclava_blk";
player addWeapon "srifle_DMR_06_camo_F";
player addPrimaryWeaponItem "muzzle_snds_B";
player addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_AMS";
player addPrimaryWeaponItem "bipod_01_F_mtp";
player addWeapon "Binocular";

What i mean is the autosave at churches stop, and loot stops spawning at buildings...

Is even possible to get debug console out of editor?

I previewed Pilgrimage in editor (where I have console visible), and used in it yours code. So I was equipped with some DLC rifle (I do not own DLC, so with prompt on screen). Then I went to the closest chapel. There was normal save and message, body isn't there - means, all works fine for me. No errors in RPT either.

I never really used Virtual Arsenal, so can't help. But mods after 1.42 may be broken and break also Pilgrimage somehow, if used. Thus at least for now I recommend stay vanilla. Especially, guys on Steam reported, one of broken/breaking mod is supposedly CBA.

So mods, or this happen only for DLC owners, which I can't check.

i was running new CBA and others so i'll run more tests in vanilla. Thanks for looking