Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Hey Rydygier, congrats on the MANW win! Just wondering how the co-op version is going? How up to date is the current Co-op WIP?

Don't spend it all on beer!

For sure not! I'll spent all of it on chocolate. Joking. At least half will go on halvah, obviously.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Just wondering how the co-op version is going?

Is not yet. I think before the half of April, after expected fix due to incoming in DLC bipods changes, I'll have time to start porting to other maps. Should be relatively fast to do. Then - coop may be attempted. Current wip is based on 1.86, I believe. Stable, but lacking several new features. New coop must be built from the scratch, sadly.

Congratulations on a well deserved 2nd place in MANW. I appreciate all the effort that you put in to the mission and look forward to many more 100s of hours of entertainment from it in the future.

Is not yet. I think before the half of April, after expected fix due to incoming in DLC bipods changes, I'll have time to start porting to other maps. Should be relatively fast to do. Then - coop may be attempted. Current wip is based on 1.86, I believe. Stable, but lacking several new features. New coop must be built from the scratch, sadly.

I haven't been keeping up recently... you are planning a coop version of the mission? Excellent news!! Hit me up if you need dedicated server for testing (and warm bodies).

Congratulations on a well deserved 2nd place in MANW.

Thanks. :)

you are planning a coop version of the mission?

I'm not, but people do, so what choice do I have? :) But seriously, I still dont "feel" whole this MP, but I intend to try make Pilgrimage coop.

One of the reasons I think people want a co-op version (just 2 players is all) is because, aside from wanting to play with friends, you already have an AI companion in the mission and it would make way more sense if he could be played as. I'm sure it would be a lot of work to implement completely so I understand not really wanting to do it, but you would get even more love from the community!

Glad to see your "epiphany moment" has been rewarded......

Pilgrimage........a perfect utilisation of terrain, churches and chapels......'dobra robota'

Rydygier congratulations!

You are always willing to help out on these forums as well....your other works also show your range. Keep up the good work.

Congratulations! Well deserved indeed. Looking forward to the Chernarus port, hehe. :P

Well done Ryd - not just for Pilgrimage but for all your other innovative additions to the Armaverse :)

Congratulations Rydygier! Would love for this wonderful mission to get more love. Another map - yeah! More coop features - yeah!

A pleasure to see you are 2nd. Concratulations! Wow, that amount of money... my houses roof last year was 25.000 EUR, but took me many years to save the money. Prices in Germany. Roof (nothing extravagant) + 2 additional windows... for a house which has 70m² floor area.

Don't know the winner mission. A bit off ArmA because Pillars of Eternity.

Thanks, guys. :)

Pillars of Eternity

Just yesterday heard this name first time. Seems exciting. I missed those classic cRPG games of the past.

Money, especially for Polish realities, indeed are serious. As serious, as investments, my house and other family stuff needs - there was quite a few "lean years" lately for me. Well, lack of regular job means lots of free time, which may mean huge advantage to make cool stuff, which may mean some prize apparently, so one way or another time was turned into money. :)

Edited by Rydygier

Thanks. Ha ha, if that means more cool stuff from you, then I can live with that. :D

I want to congratulate you, Ryd. Great job. I have always considered you to be one of the key members of the community. I am glad it is now "official". :-) Cheers!

Thanks. Ha ha, if that means more cool stuff from you, then I can live with that. :D

Congrats this is a great mod! glad to see your hard work paid off. I too will say I would love to see the co op version updated, this mod is really a perfect example of what I have been looking for to play with my friend.

Thanks. :)

I'm not, but people do, so what choice do I have? :) But seriously, I still dont "feel" whole this MP, but I intend to try make Pilgrimage coop.

Sweet. The sooner the better. :bounce3:

I'll help test it.

Most likely I'll not finish it before incoming Arma update, but oh, well. :)

Something to add to your "todo" list Ryd'

In your MP version (when you get to it) of course we start with 2 players. Then as we liberate strongholds we have the option to free/buy? the captive and allow him to run with us. Would it be possible that once the captive has been freed he can be allowed to become another player, say "save game" and then let the scripts add another player slot? That way a third friend can join the hunt and again for a fourth, and fifth. I would prefer up to 5 players max but maybe others can chime in so you can get a sense of preferences.

Well, setting via script an unit as playable is AFAIK very easy. I have no idea, how the result will look like in the regular MP play though.

Any news on the port? Have you decided which terrain you will use?