Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

As for the coop, further attempt will be made, if possible, despite problems, list of which I paste from my recent answer on the same request on Steam:

Current coop however will be not tweaked. Due to many changes since then, much easier would be start from the scratch, which sadly includes repeating most of the work done then. That's the price of parallel development. Still, MP scripting is so PITA... Blah.

So you are saying "further attempt will be made" or not?

If not, is it possible to release the files so myself or someone else can make it more robust for COOP?

I'm saying:

further attempt will be made, if possible

:)

I have intention to try, despite difficulties.

If not, is it possible to release the files so myself or someone else can make it more robust for COOP?

Pilgimage is under APL-SA license in general. In particular anyone was and is free to make and even publish own modified version of Pilgrimage, including coop versions. All files are inside pbo. All, you need to begin, is extract them (eg using Eliteness) into common folder shape, that you can use in editor. But be prepared for really hard task. If that would be easy, would be done already.

If I had a second or third vote it would be Taki and Sahrani or N'Ziwasogo. I've never actually played on N'Ziwasogo, but it looks nice from what I can see. Is this poll to decide the order in which you will proceed, or are you doing one island?

But Nzi IIRC is pretty much a performance killer... Is the bird still there, which screams into our ears? ;)

Is this poll to decide the order in which you will proceed, or are you doing one island?

I see no reason to limit myself to one port only. :) I'll use votes as information helpful at prioritization, so it's about order, also about which maps should I try and which would be wasting of time due to lack of interest. Still, as said, not sure, if most popular map will have all necessary stuff on place, so results aren't obligatory. N'Ziwasogo is jungle map (but jungle isn't too dense). I think, walking trough it hours and hours and seeing all the time mostly green may be monotonious. :) For sure Pilgrimage on such map would be... specific.

Depends on today dev branch state, I suppose. Never tried.

Edited by Rydygier

Depends on today dev branch state, I suppose. Never tried.

Tried it yesterday, had some errors pop up at initialization and then when trying to sell stuff. One of the errors seemed to point to some BIS function being broken (objectvar something, which is used by many others).

EDIT: startup errors gone after today's dev update. But unable to sell from a crate, getting these:

22:01:55 Error in expression <shBack _mag;
_cnt = {_mag isEqualTo (_x select 0)} count _ammo;

_ammunitionA pu>
22:01:55   Error position: <select 0)} count _ammo;

_ammunitionA pu>
22:01:55   Error Generic error in expression
22:02:07 Error in expression <shBack _mag;

_ammunitionA pu>
22:02:07   Error position: <select 0)} count _ammo;

_ammunitionA pu>
22:02:07   Error Generic error in expression
22:03:06 Error in expression <shBack _mag;

_ammunitionA pu>
22:03:06   Error position: <select 0)} count _ammo;

_ammunitionA pu>
22:03:06   Error Generic error in expression

Edited by Robalo

Was trying to play this on DEV today and it will not spawn enemies most of the time... Kinda sucked because i ran around for about 8 KM before i noticed i was the only one running around with CIV only :) It was weird though...because on first try it spawned on camp with 3 guys, and on 2nd load i got the message of a foot trail but didnt catch anyone. Rest of the map was empty..

Exactly. The purpose of dev branch is to test dev branch.

For effective modding work is necessary stable, predictable platform, not some wayward magma changing daily.

Weird thing I saw today, when tested gameplay recording using nVidia's shadowPlay... 10 minutes in the mission, first town. Some loot gathered, so I'm calling my comrade to come, to rearm at box with stuff. Of course he is unable to get there and shows me empty spot on the ground instead. So I'm switching to him. At this point Alex orders me to embark our boat (three clicks away). Why? No idea. I'm rearming and switching back. My comrade... disappeared. Where is he? Somewhere far, as he wants my coords. I'm checking... Yep. At unit switch he teleported just like that into our boat... Even have this recorded, so we have hard proofs...

EDIT:

BTW I would love to upload some of my gameplay as showcase, but with native resolution each 10 minutes is like 2-3 GB - with my upload speed it would take few days to upload... :( I'll try with lowered resolution, which sucks, but probably it will be still too much.

Edited by Rydygier

Weird thing I saw today, when tested gameplay recording using nVidia's shadowPlay... 10 minutes in the mission, first town. Some loot gathered, so I'm calling my comrade to come, to rearm at box with stuff. Of course he is unable to get there and shows me empty spot on the ground instead. So I'm switching to him. At this point Alex orders me to embark our boat (three clicks away). Why? No idea. I'm rearming and switching back. My comrade... disappeared. Where is he? Somewhere far, as he wants my coords. I'm checking... Yep. At unit switch he teleported just like that into our boat... Even have this recorded, so we have hard proofs...

I don't remember that being a feature of teamswitch.

BTW I would love to upload some of my gameplay as showcase, but with native resolution each 10 minutes is like 2-3 GB - with my upload speed it would take few days to upload... :( I'll try with lowered resolution, which sucks, but probably it will be still too much.

You need to convert the video to MP4 format before you upload to Youtube. A 10 min video would only be a few hundred MB. I don't know about Shadowplay but it probably records in avi format which gives large file sizes. Some of my recordings are over 100GB in size, and there's no way I would upload anything that size.

Well, for me uploading speed is about 80-90 MB per hour. This uploaded was 40+ MB, after movie maker editing, thus compression. ShadowPlay gives no compressed, sharp picture, at least for native resolution.

Well, for me uploading speed is about 80-90 MB per hour. This uploaded was 40+ MB, after movie maker editing, thus compression. ShadowPlay gives no compressed, sharp picture, at least for native resolution.

Uploading to Youtube is not quick at any time. I used to start the upload and go to bed. I would then hope it had finished uploading by the morning when I got up. On one occasion it had only just finished by the time I went to work.

I'm loving the FIA turning up in AC. After I took the airport there were a few kicking about, but normally I just came across their bodies. After taking two strongholds, I have seen live fire teams mopping up CSAT paratroopers. Now I've got to Charkia, they've turned up in 3 x Armed Offroads to watch me go through the town. I just hope that T100 doesn't come back while I am chatting to the locals.

Hm. Too big or too ugly. Why uploading is so slow? Welcome in the XXI century dammit :D. Maybe other day transfer will be faster?

Edited by Rydygier

Hm. Too big or too ugly. Why uploading is so slow? Welcome in the XXI century dammit :D. Maybe other day transfer will be faster?

The problem is that ISPs concentrate their bandwidth into downloading so they can have more customers connected to one pipe. With fibre broadband you get 35Mb download speed but only 1Mb upload speed. You can get a faster upload speed by paying for the most expensive package, but even then it is still a fraction of your download speed. That's what the 21st century is about ... making money.

That's what the 21st century is about ... making money.

Ha ain't that the truth....

Ha ain't that the truth....

No. It has always been that way, natural human behaviour.

After many years of stagnation (since 2007?), I will be able to upgrade my DSL line from 16mbps (I have 1.4MByte/s down 100 kbps up) to 50 or maybe 100 Mbit/s down. Mid/end 2015... Couldn't believe it when they placed those big grey boxes just 100m from here a few days ago... I think it's the DSL vectoring thing. Before that, they used a trick and tried to sell routers which combine dsl+LTE.

Youtube is a story here in Germany. Too often videos are shown in the lowest sizes (144p, or 360p...). Everything else is often buffering loooong. Many rumours. Is it IPV6? Are ISPs blocking limiting from google (they are permanently whining about this, they wish to get money from Google)? Is it the big internet crossroads as in Frankfurt? Can't Google deliver? Also, we have an explosion of target devices which pull Youtube stuff.... Least I can tell is, it sucks often. Not always.

Edited by tortuosit

13 minutes of nothing extraordinary was uploading 14 hours. Also appeared, final quality is somehow even worse a bit. Can't say, I'm satisfied with that - large pixels and artifacts is not, what I was trying to show, but also can't say, I'm not lucky. Ten minutes after upload end, my internet provider suffered some major breakdown. Only this morning I learned from the news, it was country-wide, lasted whole night and was fixed just when I woke up. They "doesn't exclude" hacker attack.

Anyway:

Edited by Rydygier

:D

We, the Author, present:

FYI selling in DEV branch is broken because weaponsItemsCargo is now returning the bipod item as the last element (after any ammo arrays). I'm fixing for my own use by iterating all elements after first and checking typeName. If array, it's ammo, otherwise, push to items.

That's useful info, thanks... I suppose, just after bipods in stable, new Pilgrimage version will be required after all.