Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

:D Best regards to your sons.

I will, after i've sent you the bill! ;)

I'm very disappointed with my run through of 1.90. I found an LRR sniper rifle and 37 mags, then found the body before I had chance to put it to use. All my kills except one were CQB. Even the Stomper. No tracking and no civilians after me this time, but I did only have 7 kills.

:D

BTW, I'm still thinking, now, when tracking was polished, how to make it more common event still reasonable and balanced. I have a feeling, that would need some deeper re-design of some aspects. But firts I need more feedback about how it looks for 1.90 beta 2.

:D

BTW, I'm still thinking, now, when tracking was polished, how to make it more common event still reasonable and balanced. I have a feeling, that would need some deeper re-design of some aspects. But firts I need more feedback about how it looks for 1.90 beta 2.

That's a shame, looks like I might have to start another mission later and hopefully have a longer mission.

That's a shame,

Or not so much. An idea, how to explain more tracking - each civilian spawned will get one-shot chance based on reputation (tiny chance for low+, bigger for -, no chance only for high enough reputation), so he'll notify closest group (if close enough) about player's presence. This may work, to keep it simpliest, as "remote spotting" by that group a footstep closest to that civilian. From that point the hunt on usual rules may begin. Which group will go, and which will neglect the civilian's report - will depend on Alex's fame (how much "wanted" he is). Opinions?

Or not so much. An idea, how to explain more tracking - each civilian spawned will get one-shot chance based on reputation (tiny chance for low+, bigger for -, no chance only for high enough reputation), so he'll notify closest group (if close enough) about player's presence. This may work, to keep it simpliest, as "remote spotting" by that group a footstep closest to that civilian. From that point the hunt on usual rules may begin. Which group will go, and which will neglect the civilian's report - will depend on Alex's fame (how much "wanted" he is). Opinions?

I like the idea! If it makes it more challenging, more enjoyable or both i'm in! :D

I like the idea of civilian sympathisers who take a dislike to you reporting you to the authorities, who may respond to their information if they are close enough. It sounds reasonable and reasonably rare. Plus it gives the civilians something to do rather than just running around and getting in the way.:)

Started a new mission this morning. I ended up with bad reputation again because I was killing mainly AAF and a civilian ran into my car and died. Definitely a link with AAF to bad reputation/rating. Luckily I made amends by taking out a CSAT Kamysh and half a squad with it.

Regarding Bcombat & Speed of Sound mods, I did a bit of testing this morning. Speed of Sound Pure has very little impact on FPS performance, probably about 2-4 FPS. Bcombat however had a reduction of about 10 FPS. I guess my rig can't run them both and Pilgrimage as well.

Definitely a link with AAF to bad reputation/rating.

If so - no idea, how they're possibly linked. Interesting, I never saw such event with unexpected bad reputation. May it be due to some mod, you're using and I'm not? Or something, you're doing typically, and I'm not. Or it is due to those exec delays somehow... This time however there was a civilian casaulty and wasn't that hard to regain good reputation, so drop was probably smaller. Hmm. Still, my tests awaits more free time, perhaps next week.

Speed of Sound Pure has very little impact on FPS performance, probably about 2-4 FPS. Bcombat however had a reduction of about 10 FPS.

Expected, I guess, as bCombat seems to be intensive and most probably runs on FSMs that, unlike normal scripting, are calculated without delays, taking FPS down in return. Just remember - FPS and exec delays are separate things. You can keep 60+ FPS all the time and experience huge exec delays simultanously.

Started a new mission this morning. I ended up with bad reputation again because I was killing mainly AAF and a civilian ran into my car and died. Definitely a link with AAF to bad reputation/rating. Luckily I made amends by taking out a CSAT Kamysh and half a squad with it.

Haven't come across this and i've played this many times over and over and over. I've currently got a dead civilian in my stats list and that hasn't affected my reputation at all. And i ran him over as well. So very strange indeed, as Rydygier said possibly mod affected! The only way to truly bug test this mission is to play without any mods at all! ;)

If so - no idea, how they're possibly linked. Interesting, I never saw such event with unexpected bad reputation. May it be due to some mod, you're using and I'm not? Or something, you're doing typically, and I'm not. Or it is due to those exec delays somehow... This time however there was a civilian casaulty and wasn't that hard to regain good reputation, so drop was probably smaller.

I had killed 4 CSAT and 10-11 AAF at the time plus the civilian casualty, however I suspect one of the AAF was in the process of surrendering, and another may have surrendered. I couldn't see because of the smoke from the grenade rounds I was firing at them with their own static GL, but their gear was on the ground when I went round them afterwards. My mods are as follows, although I don't think any of them would cause such problems.

CBA_A3Outlawled Mag Repack

TPW MODS

ST Hud

Bigger Trunk addon

INCOGNITO addon

unlocked uniforms

Blastcore A3

VTS Weapon Resting

Speed of Sound Pure

Moduload

Expected, I guess, as bCombat seems to be intensive and most probably runs on FSMs that, unlike normal scripting, are calculated without delays, taking FPS down in return. Just remember - FPS and exec delays are separate things. You can keep 60+ FPS all the time and experience huge exec delays simultanously.

I appreciate what you say about exec delays, but some mods rely on a minimum FPS to perform so it can be significant and bCombat does make such a major difference to the infantry AI. It does run on 3 or 4 FSMs so that is where the FPS goes.

"Dev branch" udpated to beta 3:

- fixed an error with unexpected bad reputation.

:P

Yes, I found it! Man, I hope at least, but think so - seems clear. My mistake totally. Each time I find such troublemaking error I feel, I don't know, like a hunter who just killed a bear with bare hands and now is drinking his warm blood or something. :) (no, not tired, battered and about to vomit).

I'll spare you technical details - boring. All was about poor choice of one variable name resulting with false-civilian kill. Why not spotted myself in game? It is due to new code, not tested long enough yet, adding chance for radio chatter regarding group not responding. Affected was mortars (this way I found it) and most likely all AC groups. It was happening when the last member of the group was killed and there was someone close enough to report "not responding group".

:P

Yes, I found it! Man, I hope at least, but think so - seems clear. My mistake totally. Each time I find such troublemaking error I feel, I don't know, like a hunter who just killed a bear with bare hands and now is drinking his warm blood or something. :) (no, not tired, battered and about to vomit).

I'll spare you technical details - boring. All was about poor choice of one variable name resulting with false-civilian kill. Why not spotted myself in game? It is due to new code, not tested long enough yet, adding chance for radio chatter regarding group not responding. Affected was mortars (this way I found it) and most likely all AC groups. It was happening when the last member of the group was killed and there was someone close enough to report "not responding group".

I think alky_lee will be over the moon when he reads that...lol! :D

"fixed an error with unexpected bad reputation.

Yes, I found it! Man, I hope at least, but think so - seems clear. My mistake totally. Each time I find such troublemaking error I feel, I don't know, like a hunter who just killed a bear with bare hands and now is drinking his warm blood or something. :) It was happening when the last member of the group was killed and there was someone close enough to report "not responding group".

Good to know I wasn't imagining things. Saw it again this morning. Went from neutral rep to orange by just killing one group and having the message that someone was not responding. The battle in Syrta was mainly AC groups, so that error seems to fit. My stand and fight gameplay style probably made it worse.

All was about poor choice of one variable name resulting with false-civilian kill. Why not spotted myself in game? It is due to new code, not tested long enough yet.

That is what we are here for, to pinpoint glaring errors or, as in this case, not so glaring errors.

I think alky_lee will be over the moon when he reads that...lol! :D

Over the moon? I'm as chuffed as meatballs.:D:D:D:D

Edited by alky_lee

I really like this mod/mission. The immersion was extreme right from the start.

Unfortunately, after I while it got unplayable for me, since all the special menus disappeared, which means I can't talk to people, can't setup hideouts, can't sell stuf, etc. I tried different savegames, restartet the game completely, walked away and came back to a person / fire in a camp, but nothing worked. Did anybody experience the same? Is there any solution?

My current mods include bCombat, TMR, Blastcore (no tracers) und JSRS sound mod.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Painter

PS: Around the same time I lost the ability to loot the main weapons from fallen enemy soldiers. I can take their sidearm, but can't take their rifles.

Edited by Painter

Sounds pretty ugly. To me it looks, like some mod breaks not only mission, but game itself. In such cases solution usually is try without mods. If it helps - find the one, that is troublemaking and don't use it (man, I feel so deja vu wiriting this like dozen times before... Why people don't try the most obvious thing first - disable the mods?). TMR is the only one, I do not know. Rest of them I used without problems, so start from this one. If not helps - then no idea, what may be a source of such issues.

I really like this mod/mission. The immersion was extreme right from the start.

Unfortunately, after I while it got unplayable for me, since all the special menus disappeared, which means I can't talk to people, can't setup hideouts, can't sell stuf, etc. I tried different savegames, restartet the game completely, walked away and came back to a person / fire in a camp, but nothing worked. Did anybody experience the same? Is there any solution?

My current mods include bCombat, TMR, Blastcore (no tracers) und JSRS sound mod.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Painter

PS: Around the same time I lost the ability to loot the main weapons from fallen enemy soldiers. I can take their sidearm, but can't take their rifles.

It sounds like a mod conflict/problem stopping the scripts from running. I experienced the same when a mod had a memory leak. I had to pause the game regularly to allow the scripts to catch up.

Out of the mods you have listed, I have used bCombat and Blastcore without problems. JSRS is unlikely to cause problems, so would leave TMR or some other mod as the likely culprit. You need to identify which mod is responsible by trying them one by one until the problem is resolved.

EDIT: There is a new version of bCombat out which corrects some problems that have occurred since the 1.38 Arma update.

Edited by alky_lee

Man, I feel so deja vu wiriting this like dozen times before... Why people don't try the most obvious thing first - disable the mods?

We can't live without our mods Rydygier. But deja vu it definitely is! :D

man, I feel so deja vu wiriting this like dozen times before... Why people don't try the most obvious thing first - disable the mods?

Believe me, I did. After loosing the menu for the first time, I started with no mods enabled and worked my way up to every single mod-combination possibile. No luck. I am sure that you have to repeat yourself more than a dozen of times after creating such a great mission. But please, don't assume everybody is lazy. At least I am not.

Looking forward to trying it. I finished my beta 2 mission with infamy -89, glory 98 & fame 187 but a rating of 9850 despite around 50 kills and 1 civilian casualty. It'll be interesting to compare next time around.

but a rating of 9850 despite around 50 kills and 1 civilian casualty.

Small explanation - earlier player was getting some huge rating. It was only because I was adding to player 100000 rating at init to make it immune to become a renegade eg after Stomper kill. Now decided to correct that, so same amount will be taken away if this not make rating negative (unlikely). So now you have valid rating. Before you had to extract 100000 to get it.

After a couple of hours of testing with 1.90 beta3 I can report that the reputation system seems to be operating as expected.

All kills have been AAF with only 2 CSAT, but the locals are pleased to see me and are happy to chat. I even seem to have acquired a small bit of celebrity status. Although I have just killed a POW because he was holding out on information.

This mission won't run with mods for me anymore, game loads up fine no problem and then the mission keeps staying on the pilgrimage splash screen thing. When I press ESC it shows me i've already spawned and I can also move around without sound... very unclear what is happening =/

I've previously played it with a ton of mods.

very unclear what is happening

"Tons of mods" may do that and sometimes do - that's the risk, you accept when you play with "ton of mods" :) . Maybe some was broken after game update or mod update itself, maybe you play with other mods, than earlier etc. So overall it's pretty clear - mods are a reason or at least one of them.

Got stuck in the mountains. Had a nice fight but I'v got the shopper on my ass and the night is falling. I don't see shit anymore but there is still some movement and the shopper won't go away.. haha, well, at least I got myself a nice shelter for the night...