Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

.....alky, your taking this much to seriously !!!

LOL

I can't help it, this mission sometimes takes you by surprise just how immersive it can be, with or without mods. I did try to capture a Strider at the start. Killed the dismounts, killed the driver. Next thing another AI climbs in, chucks out the driver's body and drives off in it. I wasn't expecting that either. lol

EDIT: This is how serious I take it, a 19 hour long mission in one video. Enjoy, I did.

Edited by alky_lee

So, started work on the next version. Not sure, how long it would take. Aim is to implement, what's in the To Do. For now added 12 boats, and made, so body may be loaded to each of them to win the scenario. Not tested yet.

BTW selectBestPlaces is one of my favourite commands. Thanks to it I'm able to get easily random, reasonable positions for the boats - on the shallow, yet deep enough water, close to the some quey, pier or wharf. Amazing stuff. Of course, rarely boat may drift away or collide and be wrecked. As rare, it's perfectly OK. I would even preffer that way, after all these are abandoned boats.

So, creator, I wish you a great end of year.

And fabulous parties...

Again, thanks a lot for your wonderful mission.

I made a short punch list if you are needing it

SP & MP The sound of the campfire remains audible for 1000m

SP & MP When placing either a waypoint or a icon it places a double icon.

MP- Returning to hideout moves both players. Can this be made to work for each player independently?

MP- When host hitch hikes both players are moved as well as vehicle (s) Can this be made to work for each player independently?

MP- The guest player can loose the ability to use the yellow menu functions until the host player kills me so I can respawn, then it works ok.

MP- Can you make the respawn after you die a choice as to where you want to respawn? Say for example back at the boat or at a hideout if they are acquired. (not sure if I mentioned that before, to lazy to look and besides I have to get back to playing!!!:681:

Thanks

So, creator, I wish you a great end of year.

And fabulous parties...

:) Likewise to all of you, the players.

SP & MP The sound of the campfire remains audible for 1000m

Known & annoying. Nothing to do on my end. BIS' job I suppose.

When placing either a waypoint or a icon it places a double icon.

Icon - a marker you mean? Weird. Rather nothing, mission causes, but not sure. Could you show me a picture of this? Waypoint - yep. I added my solution, because once vanilla ctrl+click stopped working after any other scripting around map clicking (hitchhiking). But now, lately, they had to fix that, thus now we have both solutions at once, my and vanilla. Thing is, my solution is a bit different, so question is, would players prefer to have only vanilla solution, or keep it doubled, as it is now.

MP in general must wait again, SP development goes first (and frankly MP should be released after Pilgrimage SP is final. Now I must implement same chages twice, in parallel for SP and MP version, and that seriously sucks). Thing is, I'm doing anything towards MP only because I said, I will try after many requests. So I'm trying, but my MP knowledge is very limited, so shouldn't be expected anything as for quality in fact.

Returning to hideout moves both players. Can this be made to work for each player independently?

Possibly can. But shouldn't. Things like loot, 3D markers, caching or Ambient Combat are player-centric, which means server centric in MP. So whole group should stay together, or distant players will see emptiness. From the other hand populating with all the stuff around more than one player increases risk of too heavy performance burden. So no, no independent fast travel intended.

The guest player can loose the ability to use the yellow menu functions until the host player kills me so I can respawn, then it works ok.

Known. Reason unknown so far, so can't fix it yet. I simply don't know enough about MP scripting voodoo to tell, why actions are gone (after resuming the session in my case). But info about actions back at respawn is valuable and new to me - thanks. :)

Can you make the respawn after you die a choice as to where you want to respawn?

Nope. Same, as for fast travelling, all players should stay together all the time. Current respawn is makeshift solution till I figure out something better though.

Thanks for you feedback. :)

Edited by Rydygier

hmmm I never thought about the added load if the players are separated. That is quite logical.

I too am learning.

I've started a new 1.87C mission with the new Speed of Sound mod. On checking my RPT log I found this lurking in there.

10:24:01 File description.ext, line 17: '.onLoadName': Missing ';' at the end of line

I am assuming the description.ext file referred to is for Pilgrimage,

I would assume same, but I have onLoadname in the line 2 with ; at the end. Also no lacking ; in the vicinity of the line 17. Maybe that's from run of another mission? I think so, as for me no such message in RPT. AFAIK mods do not affect description.ext in any way BTW.

I would assume same, but I have onLoadname in the line 2 with ; at the end. Also no lacking ; in the vicinity of the line 17. Maybe that's from run of another mission? I think so, as for me no such message in RPT. AFAIK mods do not affect description.ext in any way BTW.

I didn't play any other mission other than Pilgrimage. In fact I think the only other missions I have run since the start of the month have been my own missions which don't include that command at all. So it remains a mystery.

SP-can you make it possible to equip the partner with better gear and weapons as I acquire them? It would be good if I dropped a weapon on the ground and menu an instruction for him to pick it up. Same with Grenades and smokes. Speaking of which, I have never seen him use the latter, BI limitaton?

SP- Is it possible for you to place loot (a crate of ammo for a GMG or Ifrit gun)?

SP-can you make it possible to equip the partner with better gear and weapons as I acquire them? It would be good if I dropped a weapon on the ground and menu an instruction for him to pick it up.

Possible already in few ways (all vanilla features). You can use choose unit-6-inventory menu when comrade is close to given stuff container (stuff on the ground, in the trunk, in the box...) - just be aware, if there are many containers near, may not choose the right one. Similar way should be possible to mess with his inventory directly (choose unit-6-open subordinate's inventory) and to interact with his backpack (close to the unit from behind and choose open (backpack)).

Speaking of which, I have never seen him use the latter, BI limitaton?

Probably. Not sure, I never use smokes too. :)

SP- Is it possible for you to place loot (a crate of ammo for a GMG or Ifrit gun)?

Possible, but I'll not do that. You have sometimes ammo trucks on the map placed as empty vehicles and possibility to take ammo for your vehicle mounted weaponry from another near vehicle using same magazines via action menu. That must be enough. It's important for mission balance to keep vehicles weaponry ammo very rare.

I didn't play any other mission other than Pilgrimage. In fact I think the only other missions I have run since the start of the month have been my own missions which don't include that command at all. So it remains a mystery.

Arma3 is weird and it checks ALL missions in your directory to see if they can run! The error is mostly likely NOT Pilgrimage. Try moving your missions out of the folder except pilgrimage (SP and MP missions) and see if the error still exists.

Arma3 is weird and it checks ALL missions in your directory to see if they can run! The error is mostly likely NOT Pilgrimage. Try moving your missions out of the folder except pilgrimage (SP and MP missions) and see if the error still exists.

A faulty description.ext would only affect the mission it was written for, so shouldn't affect Pilgrimage. It could be time to clear out some junk, but the again I have a surprisingly difficult Pilgrimage mission to finish.

A faulty description.ext would only affect the mission it was written for, so shouldn't affect Pilgrimage. It could be time to clear out some junk, but the again I have a surprisingly difficult Pilgrimage mission to finish.

I believe Kremator is correct so it definitely could be something like this.

I believe Kremator is correct so it definitely could be something like this.

I've cleared out a lot of older missions and some I had put in for testing purposes. It still doesn't stop that awful feeling you get when you haven't saved for ages and the game crashes. When you reload you find yourself halfway through clearing the last stronghold and you find the minefield that you didn't find the first time (or which I walked through without getting blown up). At least I found the officer this time, even if he did get me.

Is anyone else having problems with Rangefinders/binoculars/etc disappearing when you try to equip yourself with them?

Dear Rydygier, good day.

I am enjoying your great mission almost from the very beginning. Moreover I should say, that the only way I play ARMA3 through recent couple of months, is playing Pilgrimage. It is different each time and it gives the player a lot of freedom to choose his own tempo and modus operandi - just the way I like it :)

However I've got a small suggestion - haven't you ever considered making an option to choose gender of the player's companion and the captives that he can release and hire at the strongholds. It should be possible with the FEMAL3 mod being actively developed now. It can give even more space for players' imagination. Of course I do not mean anything... anything like that, you know... ;) Just one more degree of freedom.

Thanks again for the extremely interesting and immersive mission.

Best regards,

Alexey

Thanks for the feedback. A fact, so there is a player, that uses Arma solely to play Pilgrimage is for me always extremely flattering. :)

Females... Well, read this. I made there some statement. So yeah, when this fantastic mod will be developed, or any other source of females will be available in Arma, I'll prepare such version. It could, why not, include female companions. Yes, rather separate version, than "choose companions gender" setting, as there are no more init settings planned. But, to not be accused of sexism or, rather, to be accused symmetrically, from both sides, I need then to prepare third version, where Alex is a female, and there are male companions etc. :) Also, as soon possible (mod developed or vanilla feature added) I'm of course planning to add female civilians.

I'm stumbling through this right now and so far it's been nothing short of epic. It started out rather quiet and I was happy to enjoy the countryside but then I went to check on a church on a rocky hill with a cave behind it. Stumbled upon one of your assassins in the church, he was an easy kill. His buddies? Not so much :P After I checked the church and had to move on, they pinned me down behind some rocks. That turned into one of the most intense firefights I've had in A3, I could pop up every so often and take a few shots before I had to duck down again. Two of them relocated after I almost emptied two complete mags which finally gave me an opening to take out the third guy with only three bullets. I amazed myself by actually hitting him. I ran over to grab his gear and jetted down the hill after that.

I've found a heavily guarded church now so hoping I've found the spot but I've only got two mags and blue smoke grenades :yay:

I managed to finish my latest mission in time for Christmas, but the Stomper wasn't going to let me take the body without a fight.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7034905/Not%20without%20a%20fight.jpg (271 kB)

And not before an Oh F@#k moment on the way back to the boat.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7034905/Oh%20f%40%40%40%21.jpg (164 kB)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Edited by alky_lee

Hostage situation? :D Not scripted of course, IMO result of the overlapping two units, garrisoning and civilian, taking same house position. Well, this living shield tactics mysteriously failed though...

Hostage situation? :D Not scripted of course, IMO result of the overlapping two units, garrisoning and civilian, taking same house position. Well, this living shield tactics mysteriously failed though...

I could have just blasted both the civilian and the enemy with loads of bullets but instead I aimed for the part I could see - his left leg. Luckily it worked out well although the civilian seemed very shocked and needed some clean underwear ... pmsl :-)