Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

i'm going to start a new pilgrimage :) only with your mods (TPW, bCombat, Incognito, CBA, Blastcore and JSRS) and see if the problem is still there .Is Moduload necessary to initialize these mods ?

"if the problem appears at any key press, then most suspicious would the mod, which sets custom keybord keys to do things." the problem appears when i hold pressing any keys on the keyboard

Edited by richydemars

Is Moduload necessary to initialize these mods ?

No, AFAIK. Never had to use it, even wasn't awared, what it does. :) Do not know, how it is now, but months ago it was probably bCombat that occasionally caused FPS drops for me in Pilgrimage (random, very rare, nothing to do with pressing keys).

Thanks Ryd' ! I'm going to begin a new pilgrimage this evening and hope bring back home my brother in a great movie (60 fps) and not in a family album (1 fps) ;-)

i'm going to start a new pilgrimage :) only with your mods (TPW, bCombat, Incognito, CBA, Blastcore and JSRS) and see if the problem is still there .Is Moduload necessary to initialize these mods ?

I don't think Moduload is needed for those mods, but I would run it anyway as it won't work unless it's installed when you start the mission. I use moduload all the time and the list of mods it re-initialises is quite long, although I got it to restart the mag repacking mod. Moduload doesn't cause any performance issues for me and there is no reason for it to do so.

I think the problem with the game slowing down in really long missions is that all changes to the map are stored and are reloaded all the time. The longer you go on the more there are, like that bit of fence you knocked down at the start of the mission is still knocked down when you go back 10 hours later after you've been all over Altis. It might not make much difference over a couple of hours, but I rarely finish a mission in under 10 hours now I go for the airfields and strongholds. One recent mission was over 30 hours (due in part to a misbehaving mod which turned the whole game into slow motion). The file that records that information must get really massive when you cover the whole map and even the AI are destroying things as well. Sooner or later, especially later, it is bound to start impacting on performance.

I did have a problem with a fluid movement mod that wouldn't re-initialise even using Moduload, so I removed it for future missions.

Yeah..I already started a new Pilgrimage - and it is going along fine. I got smart and turned off Steam and am just playing in offline mode to make sure my game doesn't update.. <G>

This second run through is going good - but the enemy seem much more aggressive and all around. I don't know if I spawned in close to a stronghold or what..but I was getting my *** handed to me regularly. It's been awesome though.. I'll post up another AAR when I finish!

Love this stuff..

BeachAV8R

I think the problem with the game slowing down in really long missions is that all changes to the map are stored and are reloaded all the time.

Thing is, his probles are bounded with pressing keyboard key specifically. At first i would suspect either the mod for fluid opening the doors or that one for switching weapon on the move, but that's guessing.

but the enemy seem much more aggressive and all around. I don't know if I spawned in close to a stronghold or what..

All possible. Most things are randomized (hopefully in the smart way) each play (starting location, body location, loot, vehicles, enemy (type and location) presence). Thus each play may and should be different even without customizing init options. So I'm waiting for next great AAR. :)

Thing is, his probles are bounded with pressing keyboard key specifically. At first i would suspect either the mod for fluid opening the doors or that one for switching weapon on the move, but that's guessing.

Yes Rydygier , and the problem is gone after removed one of these mods (i don't know which one - don't want to spread any bad reputation without fondement - but it's perhaps "enhanced movement" the culprit) .

Now i'm wondering if without Moduload , bCombat , TPW are initialized after each reload : no way to verify it in game .

Just a note : great mission ! ;)

Edited by richydemars

I don't know how to verify if bCombat is active but with tpw it's easy: wear tactical glasses and you will see a lot of information about units in your view, your heading and more.

AFAIK TPW's is reloading just fine after load (glasses GUI, ambient traffic etc, all was on place after load). After all I'm saving and loading a lot, often with TPW's and no problem with that. Frankly, I can't recall any mod, I used, that would require any specific attention at mission load (thus never used moduload).

with tpw it's easy: wear tactical glasses and you will see a lot of information about units in your view, your heading and more.

aaah ! it was because of TPW, all this shit that appeared in the right corner of the screen at a point in the game which took me a quarter of an hour to find the cause without success...

... joys of mods put random without looking at the manual :D

So, for bCombat , initialized or not ?

I don't think, bCombat need moduload. Used bCombat few times and didn't noticed any problems after load. I think, moduload may be needed only for mods handling very specific and particular kind of things fragile on loading (IIRC those not handled by "serialization", that would mean GUI stuff mostly).

I found the body, brought it to the boat but cannot put it in because perhaps I moved the boat from its starting point. I tried to move the boat to bring it to its starting point, but impossible: it is grounded in the sand and can not move it :/

Superb mission otherwise.

It's not important, if boat was moved. Matters only distance between the boat and vehicle carrying the body or body itself.

it is grounded in the sand and can not move it :/

? You mean, you literally moved the body object on the beach? How? Some mod allowing dragging?

Body need to be loaded to the close player's vehicle via action menu and then via same menu at this vehicle into the boat. Or directly, via action menu, into the boat. Body may be also moved same way from one vehicle to another. All via yellow actions...

i'm talking about the boat ,not the body (sorry if i'm not clear enough, english is not my native language) which is blocked . i gonna try once again right now if it's not important that the boat was moved;)

:D OK. Because I already imagined you dragging the body step by step 10 kilometers or so...

Yeah, just vehicle with the body have to be close enough, then at the vehicle should appear yellow action to load the body into the boat.

no impossible ! my car is next to the boat , even in the water , but no "yellow action to load the body into the boat" .

I suppose it's the usual joy of Arma :)

Anyway, thx for your kind support , and if i've enought time , i gonna begin a new pilgrimage with some more mods (Skyrim conditioned reflex :) )

Some mod break things then, I suppose. If body for sure was loaded into this vehicle. :) Anyway, you de facto win, there was nothing more to do than listen ending track and watch debriefing. Thanks for playing, try again of course. :)

Finally tried this beauty. Though I haven't seen much. As it happens I found my brother after ~30 minutes of gameplay and an open car was just next to him. So I most likely missed most features and will try it again soon. Beginner's luck I guess. ;)

One thing that already slowed me down. The auction system is well done, though I tend to sell everything an enemy drops. Means after a firefight I place down an empty box and spend a good five minutes to pick up loot from the dead and transport it to the box. (Had to switch vests, headgear, weapons etc. a few times per enemy group because of limited space.) Would it be possible to get a "Sell Contents" action on dead bodies? It would speed up that whole process.

Alrighty..I put together another AAR - this time I managed to complete the mission - it was just as much fun, no actually more fun, the second time through because everything worked properly (auctions, hideout, etc..):

Pilgrimage Redux

BeachAV8R

Would it be possible to get a "Sell Contents" action on dead bodies?

Probably, just would be needed changes in the selling code, because body holds up to three containers, that also hold things. Of course dropped weapon is yet another weaponholder, that will be not affected by this, unless code will detect it. Thanks for that idea, I'll think about.

Alrighty. I put together another AAR

Great. I'll read it ASAP. EDIT: Fantastic palythrough (very interesting way of fighting the Mad Stomper). And amazing pictures. Thanks for playing! Can I ask, what mods was used?

Edited by Rydygier

Rydygier, if you like IndeedPete's idea you might also consider the contents of vehicle trunks. Sometimes we just want a few magazines and a medikit and the rest can be sold.

As for the trunks, idea was brought once. Rejected, because it's really too easy to miss proper action sometimes. Let's say, you want to get in your vehicle full of gathered through many hours in sweat and blood cool stuff, but your finger misses and you're choosing "sell content" instead of "get in". Nightmare... :) Frankly, there is same risk for the bodies, you may want to check inventory, but instead... Still, consequences aren't so punishing here and risk maybe lower a bit. I still need to consider such things before I made any decision.

True, but then again I sold at least one box by accident and it didn't kill me.^^

True, but then again I sold at least one box by accident and it didn't kill me.^^

But the contents of a vehicle may have been accumulated after several hours work and contain some difficult to find items. Losing that would be like going back to the start. Having said that, I left a Strider loaded with goodies while I attacked a stronghold, but when I got attacked I mistook for an enemy and destroyed it. I wondered why it wasn't there when I went back for it.

Luckily I had another vehicle and had split the loot between them. Logistics certainly takes a lot of time collecting the loot to sell it, put in a vehicle, move it to another vehicle or into a stash. Anything to speed up that process would be welcome. The mission I finished this morning took 19 hours to complete. It included the charge of the light brigade as my three AI teamates and I rolled down the runway of Molos airfield in 2 captured T100 tanks. All the infantry had formed together into a platoon except for a squad in some ruined buildings. It was absolute mayhem. Unfortunately I got carried away and forgot to press record until it was over.