Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

For example me - manual save game often is natural and basic behavior for me during every gameplay, so until opposite feedback came, didn't thought about autosaves at all. For me autosaves are only annoying, and the more of them, the worse...

In a game where the enemy NPCs see through vegetation, or where your teammates have no problem crossing your line of fire when you are prone and shooting, I wouldn't dream of relying on autosaves. Actually I'd rather not have any autosaves at all. The game allows you to write on an autosave slot without telling you it's one when you are saving manually, but then it will overwrite that slot with an autosave. I haven't had anything catastrophic happen because of this, yet, but it shouldn't be long now.

i am near and inside a Church five minutes ago, but i don't have searched the spot..... ????

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

i need to search this Church : following the clues are only 3 Church...and this is one......

is the Church in kavala, all to west, near Kastro....

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

meantime, i have killed a leader, and check the intel....now reamin only this Church......... i want to find the body.... :O(

i can find the body if near is a enemy?

Yes, you can. There are two conditions: you must be closer than 50 meters from the body and you actually have to see it, means not obstructed line of sight. When these conditions are met (are checked every cycle, means 10-15 seconds), white 3D icon will appear over the body and Alex will comment the finding on screen. Note second condition, if church is in the town is more probable, that something (a building or a wall) is blocking the LOS. This means you have to search direct vicinity more carefully.

Can I get a link to version 1.74.

Armaholic has been updated to 1.75 and I cant get anything on 1.75b, no enemy, no loot, no markers for checked churches.

1.74 worked, then I put on 1.75.

Yes, you can. There are two conditions: you must be closer than 50 meters from the body and you actually have to see it, means not obstructed line of sight. When these conditions are met (are checked every cycle, means 10-15 seconds), white 3D icon will appear over the body and Alex will comment the finding on screen. Note second condition, if church is in the town is more probable, that something (a building or a wall) is blocking the LOS. This means you have to search direct vicinity more carefully.

is the only church that I can not "explore" I went inside, outside, around, but I still do not get the text message and the response if the body is here (and it is here) or not here

Armaholic has been updated to 1.75 and I cant get anything on 1.75b

Do not know, why. Betas was working fine. Anyway, newest and recommended is 1.75, not beta, also working fine. Though, if you for sure can't play 1.75, here is 1.74. Still, would be better IMO to solve your problem instead of give up so easily. Your problem of empty map was from the beginning (mission just not working) or showed up in time? Or perhaps you tried to apply 1.74 saves on 1.75? That's no go.

but I still do not get the text message and the response if the body is here

So what else could I say, that I did not said already? If Intel points this place and, the more, if the church isn't marked on red, body must be somewhere near. I can't find it for you obviously. :)

I'm still playing 1.74 thus my progress is pretty good so far but came across this problem: I "looted" more than 100k FF - and now I just have "any FF". I cannot pay anything anymore, I just don't receive the options. Neither info on enemy presence nor repair a damaged vehicle. Any chance to get that working without restarting or switching to 1.75?

Very strange. Rather nothing to do with amount of ff, in the tests I sometimes had millions of ff without any issues. I'll check, what could go wrong. Do you remember exact moment, when proper number was changed into "any"? What exactly did you do in that moment? Selling the loot (what items exactly, what was said about sum from the auction)? Spending some ff (for what?)? Without such info may be extremely difficult to reproduce, thus to fix that. Seems too rare, I see such report first time in fact. It would be very helpful to me, if you could provide my your RPT from that gameplay.

The only way for you to fix, I see is to load game saved before it happened.

PS do you perhaps play with any mod, that adds custom weaponry/magazines etc? I would assume, error appeared during selling of some certain loot, like certain kind of magazine(s). Price of such stuff is calculated using config entries. If some entry was for given ammo lacking, "any" error could appear. I'll add the code preventing such risk, still any specifics will be very helpful.

Edited by Rydygier

Yes I'm playing with TPW mod and TMR. Nonetheless, I was in Kavala speaking to a civilian, he promised to provide information when I'd take out some guy. I did that and received a payment of 300 and a payment of "any". I also got two action menue entries saying "open email" - both with the same message! Anything to do with that?

Rydygier: Yeah i kind of agree with auto saves. I mean i dont like them in games in general, but in Pilgrimage i have 1 save and thats it. So i cant keep saving (at least in the esc menu there is only 1). And also, i kind of see it as a challenge in Pilgrimage to get to a church before i can save. :) Its what keeps me on my toes, and it feels pretty good. But sure, i dont like auto saves otherwise - at all.

Another idea mate: Not sure how easy it is to implement. But when i played i found some preacher clothing (that i couldnt wear though) but i thought about what if you could use those clothes like common clothes and preacher dress and what not, and actually be able to bypass enemies? So if you find clothes like that then its up to you if you want to be able to just enjoy the country and go look for your brothers remains, or you can do it the standard way - up to the player.

I even thought about what if you could script so when wearing clothing that is not military then you could bypass enemies, but only for a brief moment. If you hang around enemies too long they will eventually figure out your not who you portray to be. :) Maybe stupid idea. Maybe hard to implement. Just thought it wasnt completely whacko in this particular mission. But i understand using different clothing in A3 doesnt seem easy. In the campaign trailer long ago where the main guy used an enemy uniform was obviously scripted as you cant do that normally so i take it there must be some info on it (or not...).

Edited by Alex72

es I'm playing with TPW mod and TMR. Nonetheless, I was in Kavala speaking to a civilian, he promised to provide information when I'd take out some guy. I did that and received a payment of 300 and a payment of "any". I also got two action menue entries saying "open email" - both with the same message! Anything to do with that?

Ah, thanks. That will be very helpful. Thanks to that info I know exactly, where problem occured, not sure why for now though. Thanks a lot. There should be one email message per such "quest", so I'll check why could appear two. Email contains good intel as promised reward. 1.76 should come soon. Just use this action to obtain this info. But as said, to get rid of "any" problem load earlier saved game is required.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

but in Pilgrimage i have 1 save and thats it.

It is completely up to you, if you have only one save, or several slots, as normal. From the first post:

- to enable unlimited saves: CONFIGURE -> GAME -> DIFFICULTY and enable "unlimited saves";

and voila. :) Anyway, I decided to add autosaves at excluding and circle Intel, as I agree, it is more logically consistent that way.

but i thought about what if you could use those clothes like common clothes and preacher dress and what not, and actually be able to bypass enemies?

Tried to apply these clothes to the some civilian. Don't working - underwear only visible. There are several such "dummy", unwearable ("invisible") for anyone clothes in the config. Perhaps in the future this will be changed. Otherwise - nice idea, maybe doable, but as you see only in the theory... "Hitman like" thing with uniforms is rather complex to do, I suppose, and not doable really without separate addon, as unit in A3 can wear only uniforms of his side. I can investigate some possibilities, but absolutelly no promises, low chances for such thing in Pilgrimage.

Edited by Rydygier

To talk with civies, do I need TPW mod going?

No. Earlier TPW's was needed to create civilians, but now mission offers optional own civilian ambience (still may be disabled and TPW's used instead or even both together, although not recommended IMO). Anyway, you don't need any mod to ask marked civilians about the body.

Ah, thanks. That will be very helpful. Thanks to that info I know exactly, where problem occured, not sure why for now though. Thanks a lot. There should be one email message per such "quest", so I'll check why could appear two. Email contains good intel as promised reward. 1.76 should come soon. Just use this action to obtain this info. But as said, to get rid of "any" problem load earlier saved game is required.

I've given up and wait for 1.76 now. It's a pity repairing doesn't work anymore!

Mission upgraded to 1.76. Changelog:

- changed colour of "surrendered hostiles" 3D marker;

- added autosave at getting Intel excluding churches or adding the circle;

- fixed civilian ambience: reaction of player's gunfire is working now as intended;

- fixed Z-position of "civilian with Intel" 3D mark for units above the ground (eg. on the 2nd floor of building);

- fixed risk of rare issue with "any" ff;

- intensity of Ambient Combat feature for each setting reduced slightly;

- adjusted default settings;

- minor code tweaks.

Do not know, why. Betas was working fine. Anyway, newest and recommended is 1.75, not beta, also working fine. Though, if you for sure can't play 1.75, here is 1.74. Still, would be better IMO to solve your problem instead of give up so easily. Your problem of empty map was from the beginning (mission just not working) or showed up in time? Or perhaps you tried to apply 1.74 saves on 1.75? That's no go.

So what else could I say, that I did not said already? If Intel points this place and, the more, if the church isn't marked on red, body must be somewhere near. I can't find it for you obviously. :)

i have virtually but don't really win the game....spend 30 minuts in this Church, but don't have the mark....now download the new version

Hmm. I'm thinking about something more. So player sometimes can "track down" the enemy. Why not add same ability for some enemies against the player, like recon or snipers? Player could leave "footsteps" vanishing in time, especially, if is raining, that such AIs could notice and follow. Bah. Knowing player's movement direction could even try to predict, where he is going and intercept him or communicate wit a group, that could do that. I must think more about this. Looks promising.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

.spend 30 minuts in this Church, but don't have the mark....

Man, did I told you, you should stay in the church half of hour? No, I said, you should seek for the body in the vicinity of the church (50 meters radius is usually enough). Body will not go to you, it's dead, so not moving anywhere, only laying somewhere near the church, as it is not a damn zombie (no zombies in my mission! :) ). YOU must go to the body to find it, not wait in the church, don't know, for what... I wish you better luck in the new version. :D

Edited by Rydygier

i have search in the Church and near the Church..... :O)

Well, in such case you really may consider yourself a winner virtually. The last task is just to load the body onto some vehicle, drive it to the boat then finish the scenario by loading body onto the boat, so you did main job anyway. Of course, if Intel pointed that area only, body was somehwere near (as Intel circle markers are based on body position), but maybe it was good hidden in some nook accidentally. Oh, well. In this mission the journey is the reward, so I just hope, you was enjoing this journey. :)

Thanks for 1.74 and for making such a great scenario.

With 1.75 or 76 I can run from the boat landing 3km without seeing any form of life, no messages, tracks or people. The towns are empty. All tests are from a new game. Empty map is from the start. No other changes are made to Arma, just load 1.74 and the game comes alive.

What you have accomplished in making this game, is just amazing.

PS I have these mods: CBA, lkr_ammo, @SpeedOFSound, TPW_MODS, ww_AImenu.

Edited by kurtz1

Finished my first go through with 1.74 and am going to start a new one.

If there is nothing in 1.75 that I need feature-wise, I will just start with 1.74 again. My question is, is it any different performance-wise? (I play with loot, ambient combat, partner, all turned off.)

Thanks!

-Doc

TWith 1.75 or 76 I can run from the boat landing 3km without seeing any form of life, no messages, tracks or people. The towns are empty. All tests are from a new game. Empty map is from the start. No other changes are made to Arma, just load 1.74 and the game comes alive

Running 1.76 and previously 1.75 but started fresh with 1.76 and everything runs fine my end. Tracks message popped up within 2 mins and a camp spotted within 5 minutes. Strange how yours was like that. :confused:

And Rydygier, just when i thought it couldn't get any better you surprise me. Awesome and incredibly addictive! ;)

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Finished my first go through with 1.74 and am going to start a new one.

If there is nothing in 1.75 that I need feature-wise, I will just start with 1.74 again. My question is, is it any different performance-wise? (I play with loot, ambient combat, partner, all turned off.)

Thanks!

-Doc

I'm running 1.76 with several mods ie: asr_ai3, tpw, tmr and a few others and it runs as smooth as it always has for me. ;)

With 1.75 or 76 I can run from the boat landing 3km without seeing any form of life, no messages, tracks or people. The towns are empty. All tests are from a new game. Empty map is from the start.

IMO something is going wrong at the init code run, if only I could see your RPT, this could explain a lot. Without that I can only guess. The cause must be something, that differs your setup from ours. For example - used mods. Did you tried without mods? In such cases retrying on vanilla is first, obligatory step to narrow the troublemaker.

Well, read changelog in the first post and decide. I see no reason to preffer 1.74 over 1.76, each subsequent version is IMO superior over the previous, but it's your choice. :) As for performance - yes, important is improved battlefield cleaner (called gravedigger), in 1.74 weaponholders with gear of fallen AIs was accumulating on them map, especially with ambient combat enabled, and this eventually caused constant performance drop. This was fixed in 1.75. There was also some important fixes for motorized groups.

Starting with 1.76. However, hitchhiking is not working for me. It comes up in the menu, but when selected, the menu simply closes instead of going to the map.

- Doc