Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

You mean one text message combined (intended) or two messages one just after another where the second replaces the first (not intended)?

You mean one text message combined (intended) or two messages one just after another where the second replaces the first (not intended)?

Example:

You see tracks from a vehicle heading somewhere towards the north east...You sense the smell of smoke coming from the south

That's how i got the message on screen at the same time ;)

Was wondering, do you have googles/glasses as loot as well? I never seen it from all the hours i played your mission. Since using tpw mods with the fancy new monitor tactical glasses it would be fun to come across a pair once in a while. :)

That's how i got the message on screen at the same time

Well, that way it was intended if player see the trail and smell the smoke in the same time. It is rare though. So you suggest, both shouldn't be displayed in such case? I can randomize in such case, which to show, and which don't, but frankly I see nothing wrong in this.

Was wondering, do you have googles/glasses as loot as well? I never seen it from all the hours i played your mission. Since using tpw mods with the fancy new monitor tactical glasses it would be fun to come across a pair once in a while.

Can't recall such loot. Only binoculars or NVGs, but rarely. As loot may be used anything, that is proper from the config of weapons, items and magazines, but I do not see glasses in the CfgWeapons (and other items are stored there), do not know, where they are. No problem though, I saw many times tactical glasses or shades at killed enemies.

I just started Pilgrimage and so far, so good. Can I get some advice. I

come ashore and head inland. 2k in I spot a hideout. It is guarded by 2

soldiers. I move up for a clear shot and immediately get killed. Next

time I sneak around an attack from the back. I am prone, crawl up to the

top of the ridge, look over to spot my target and get shot. Is it

possible to sneak up on the AI? What am I doing wrong?

Was wondering, do you have googles/glasses as loot as well? I never seen it from all the hours i played your mission. Since using tpw mods with the fancy new monitor tactical glasses it would be fun to come across a pair once in a while. :)

Using still 1.74, have found them twice. Playing with standard settings except multiple hideouts.

@Rydygier

Guess there's no possibility to replace with 1.75 and load savegames from 1.74? :D

I use @ASR_AI3 which makes it even trickier as they will flank you as well. I try and work my way around if possible looking for rocks or a near building or even a wall to use as cover if possible but you can kill them. Earlier I dropped them with my default weapon with quick successive shots but other times i'll get dropped pretty quickly. I try to get as close as possible but depends on what weapon i have and if i have a scope or not. If you don't have an ideal weapon or scope just avoid them until later on if the terrain makes it difficult to get close, as there's plenty of opportunities to scavenge weapons, ammo and scopes etc etc. And you there's plenty of bodies you can search if you have battles raging around you. Check the map for black crosses and those will be dead soldiers with useful weapons, ammo etc.

Hope that helps a little ;)

@Rydygier

Nah it's no big deal, it's the first time i came across a joint message so i'll ignore it! ;)

Guess there's no possibility to replace with 1.75 and load savegames from 1.74?

Sadly, no. AFAIK.

---------- Post added at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

Is it possible to sneak up on the AI? What am I doing wrong?

It's my usual tactics at the beginning, on "poor SMG" stage - to find a camp, sneak close (so even my weapon become "effective" enough) all the time keeping distance or some obstacle/terrain between us to obstruct LOS, then quick attack, several triplets and with some luck camp is mine. Or I'm dead... :) If you have a rifle with grenade launcher - one good placed 40mm grenade often does the trick. Hand grenade for sure too, and can be thrown from behind something. Anyway, you can customize AI skill in game settings. I have set custom AI level with 0.35 of skill and 0.20 precision. Avoid situations, when they can see you up to 300-400 meters at least before you are ready to shoot. Lower silhuette is strongly recommended. After you spot the camp, check your map and plan flanking maneuver, that will give you good position without beeing spotted. <50 meters consider as extremely close and forget stealth if without obstructing LOS and crawling at such distancies.

Edited by Rydygier

I can only answer for being able to sneak up on AI at night because it's the most recent such situation that I can recall. Last night I was preparing my take-down of an occupied airstrip and almost stumbled upon two soldiers about 90m away. They were watching in one direction and I was able to crawl up behind them within 50m and take them out without being detected.

-Doc

Two small questions which occured to me recently:

Any way to change the starting parameters later on? Lately 75% loot appearance seems to be a lot, I'm so overloaded with gear right now. Yeah sure I just could ignore all the stashes but it the gameplay feels so incomplete then. Eventually it's like checking every third house in the bigger cities.

Also, is there a way to keep your equipment? Are those ammoboxes in the hideout any good to store precious stuff or will it disappear after quitting the game? I found a M200 with some ammunition and maybe I want to use it at a later point again but neither can I put it in my vehicle nor does it fit in any backpack.

own code for ambient civilians on foot;

Is worth a another look, thanks!

Any way to change the starting parameters later on? Lately 75% loot appearance seems to be a lot, I'm so overloaded with gear right now. Yeah sure I just could ignore all the stashes but it the gameplay feels so incomplete then. Eventually it's like checking every third house in the bigger cities.

No, sorry. Option in-game like "hey, look at me, I can any time control how many boxes I'll find!" would be IMO serious immersion breaker. Just next play set it lower. :) And meanwhile - why you not sell loot, that overloads you? You can do it at any loot box (box will be gone too) and at smaller of hideout boxes (if you set that option in init settings, box will stay). On your place I would transfer unused gear into handy FFs. It's easy like using action menu. Unfortunatelly cargo spaces of boxes and vehicle trunks are for some unknown reason very limited, so players of collector soul will be often faced with hard choices, what to keep, and what to sell. Just limit your possessions to things, that are or probably will be really useful, taking into account possible situations, you may encounter, weapon effectiveness and ammo accessability. For example if you have two kinds of MGs, I suggest to choose better (more effective, more magazines), and sell the second. Or both - perhaps that assault rifle is enough? Etc.

Are those ammoboxes in the hideout any good to store precious stuff or will it disappear after quitting the game?

Yes, that's exactly their purpose - storage and, optionally, selling places. Stuff stored there is safe and will be not automatically removed.

Edited by Rydygier

Okay thanks for the reply.

The vehicle storage capacity indeed is...weird. I stored several AT launchers inside a pick up but it won't let me add a M200 sniper rifle, even if I empty the complete storage space. :D

Using still 1.74, have found them twice. Playing with standard settings except multiple hideouts.

Ah good to know. :) Cheers.

Thanks for the update Rydygier! Better and better. ;)

Ugh, that PDW...found tons of MX and Katiba weapons, but no ammo. My poor old PDW seems to need like 20 hits in order to kill an enemy :(

I'm using SMG only to eliminate first group, usually 2-3 at hidden camp. A bit easier, if code randomize for me something 0.45, not 9mm. Anyway, from that point I'm using weaponry of these fallen enemies. :)

the clue of civilian about the body are true? I have two clues: sw of here, and ne of here, have search all the point inside the zone, but none....

In rare cases pointing directions by civilians is intentionally false. As this is rare (10%), and false directions are random, if more than one person in the town points same direction, most probably it is the truth. Roughly of course. If and how much you'll trust this "gossip Intel" is up to you.

In rare cases pointing directions by civilians is intentionally false. As this is rare (10%), and false directions are random, if more than one person in the town points same direction, most probably it is the truth. Roughly of course. If and how much you'll trust this "gossip Intel" is up to you.

Love that little feature. Anyway, Rydygier is there any chance of changing the colour above surrendered soldiers so they don't clash with loot icons. It would be nice to have a different colour so you can make the choice of not bothering with a surrendered unit, or quite the opposite. You might want to forget the loot and aqquire the more important surrendered weapons and ammo. Just a thought. ;)

I have been having a hard time finding loot. I am at the big airport in the bottom center of the map, I thought for sure I could get loot there. No luck. Can you drive around checking the map for the loot indicator?

I have been having a hard time finding loot. I am at the big airport in the bottom center of the map, I thought for sure I could get loot there. No luck. Can you drive around checking the map for the loot indicator?

I've driven round without problems spotting the loot marker but you can also search dead units for even better weapons and ammo. Travelling in vehicles is risky, i have my loot set to 50% and i'm finding loot okay. Towns are the best places to find loot, but dead & surrendering soldiers are even better. Or even military vehicles left unattended.

;)

Rydygier is there any chance of changing the colour above surrendered soldiers so they don't clash with loot icons.

Tried to make them bright, as bright is better visible on the typical background in game and it was about finding thanks to them surrendered units. I'll experiment more with this when it come to the next version. You can too, BTW, without waiting. To change this colour open JR_fnc.sqf and find line 2125:

_cl = [0.8,0.8,0.3,(_alpha max 0.2)];

These values: 0.8,0.8,0.3 are RGB for captives icons and may be set in range from 0 to 1. Just set them as you wish.

Still, although similar, these icons are different than loot icons, slightly by colour and by size.

Tried to make them bright, as bright is better visible on the typical background in game and it was about finding thanks to them surrendered units. I'll experiment more with this when it come to the next version. You can too, BTW, without waiting. To change this colour open JR_fnc.sqf and find line 2125:

_cl = [0.8,0.8,0.3,(_alpha max 0.2)];

These values: 0.8,0.8,0.3 are RGB for captives icons and may be set in range from 0 to 1. Just set them as you wish.

Still, although similar, these icons are different than loot icons, slightly by colour and by size.

Thanks for that mate, will do that in the morning. Only just finished playing, i'm addicted. Pilgrimage is just brilliant Rydygier! ;)

Found myself again not able to use NATO uniforms in the new version. I removed my guerilla smocks and hovered the mouse over the empty uniform slot and it says "guerilla smocks". Pretty weird. Probably the game acting up, but maybe could give you a hint.

EDIT: Hah, i found a UK uniform and that i could use. I was british after all. :)

Btw, about finding hints (crossing off churches). When we search a church we get a "checkpoint" save, but when we are lucky to get a hint and get a bunch of churches crossed off around us we get a disadvantage since its not saving. I find myself skipping clues and talking to civilians becuase of this. If i just searched a church and i find a clue or civilian right after, then i usually check it, but not after maybe playing for an hour fighting off 3 enemy squads and i have looted top gear and sold a lot and have a bunch of cash, and then i use a clue and have miles to go through hostile country to get another save.

I love challenge, but it feels a bit weird if you know what i mean. That searching a church saves the mission, but crossing off 10 of them by being lucky you get a disadvantage as it doesnt save. I manage anyway and it wont stop me from playing this excellent mission. Just throwing out my thoughts. I was even the guy that thought a save is good when taking over a hidden camp, remember. :D

1.75 is really nice. Keep it up!

Edited by Alex72

That searching a church saves the mission, but crossing off 10 of them by being lucky you get a disadvantage as it doesnt save.

Well, at getting church exclusion intel autosave may be in the future applied as well, sure, sounds logical, but here we touch subjective matters. For example me - manual save game often is natural and basic behavior for me during every gameplay, so until opposite feedback came, didn't thought about autosaves at all. For me autosaves are only annoying, and the more of them, the worse...

Edited by Rydygier