Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

There are always both, soft and armored vehicles to find, taken from all land military vehicles in the config, all located pure randomly near some roads, but there is much more soft vehicles (30-49), than armored (only 2-3), chance to find armored vehicle is small. Of course, if you encounter enemy armored vehicle and force crew to abandon it eg by immobilizing, after defeating them you can repair and use such "trophy" too.

To load body your assigned vehicle must be < 10 meters from the body. Then proper action at body will appear.

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

For interested updated also "dev branch" to 1.74beta (yep, at least one version more will come).

Edited by Rydygier

For interested updated also "dev branch" to 1.74beta (yep, at least one version more will come).

Gonna play test your 1.74beta tomorrow when i get home from work. Also i donated $10 to show appreciation as i use a lot of your stuff in ArmA2 & ArmA3. It's not much but enough to buy a few beers! ;)

Thank you. :)

Of course, if you encounter enemy armored vehicle and force crew to abandon it eg by immobilizing, after defeating them you can repair and use such "trophy" too.

Yeah, I did this with a T-100 at a stronghold. Shortly before I repaired it I noticed that only the left track was damaged. The gunner could have easily killed me but instead they gave up their tank. ^^

To load body your assigned vehicle must be < 10 meters from the body. Then proper action at body will appear.

Thank you! I just finished your mission for the first time. It took me more than 20 hours and 80 reverts. It was fun and challenging at the same time. Keep up the great work!

Man, I start this morning with 1.72, barely a few hours later we have 1.73 AND 1.74 beta :).

Rydygier, a request: could you copy/paste the changelog to the first post too please? It takes time to find the what's new otherwise, even more so when you miss 2-3 of them and have to browse through quite a few pages.

Also, I was sure that I read in some post that in 1.72 every airfield had a commander who may have info on strongholds. I found that changelog, but apparently it was wishful thinking on my part. It reads: "stronghold and airfield commanders now hold intel about exact locations of each such places on map;". So if I understand it correctly, every airfield commander has info on strongholds, but not every airfield has a commander? Because after spawning I made a beeline to the NE airfield (ambient war permitting) and there were only two stormtroopers there.

Edit: oh, and there may be a problem with 1.72. I started at 05:00, it is now 07:55, but I only received one offer for enemy activity info and 2 car intels at the very beginning. I have missed an offer because I didn't have enough money, but missing them may not be a problem, I remember missing a few in 1.71 when I was too busy staying alive. Usually these offers come every 15 mins or so of faster in the beginning. So now 3 hours of game time later I only have one small red circle and two car sprites on my map, I never had so few before. And I did not hit the "nothing new" bug, I just had a church update with a red cross right before alt-tabbing to type this, so it's not this bug.

Edited by neofit

:) Yes, probably I should slow down a bit. OK. I'll copy changelog from Armaholic into first post here.

So if I understand it correctly, every airfield commander has info on strongholds, but not every airfield has a commander?

Yes. Each of four present on map commanders (two for both strongholds and two for both guarded airfields) holds intel about all four places.

it is now 07:55, but I only received one offer for enemy activity info and 2 car intels at the very beginning.

Intervals between offers are pure statistical with Gaussian-like distribution (bell curve) - some value is most probable - roughly around 15 minutes, but technically gap may be infinitely long or very short (but not shorter than 60 seconds). Each cycle (10-15 seconds) if there is no offer waiting at the moment is tested tiny chance of occurence such offer. This chance depends on amount of offers already showed, but at beginning it is about 0.5% in each cycle per kind (enemy presence/vehicle). Code is unchanged from first implementation and never was any problems so far with it, so I would guess, it is just one of these lesser probable cases.

Edited by Rydygier

Rydygier, when i was playing earlier i saw a building with a loot icon above it but on approaching it the icon disappeared and no loot. It's happened on the latest version and preceding versions. It's only happened a few times but thought i'd point it out. ;)

Rydygier, when i was playing earlier i saw a building with a loot icon above it but on approaching it the icon disappeared and no loot. It's happened on the latest version and preceding versions. It's only happened a few times but thought i'd point it out. ;)

Isn't that part of the "50%" or "75%" probability that something will be there that you choose at the first screen of playing?

@Rydygier,

I know you are a scripter and most likely pride yourself on what you create for your missions, but................

I thought this may or may not help you.

Seems you use something like it anyways.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25269

Cheers,

KK

Isn't that part of the "50%" or "75%" probability that something will be there that you choose at the first screen of playing?

Yes, but icon is showed after that check, only if passed. Icon should always mean: "there is a loot". Perhaps in these cases box was spawned, but, as rarely happens, for some reason was sunk into the floor, took damage and was destroyed, so icon is gone.

Seems you use something like it anyways.

Thanks. That looks like something very handy for mission makers. Although indeed I have all population and such things in my mission covered already by own code.

Rydygier, just a little idea maybe some people might not want it or like it but how about when speaking to civilians about your brothers location how about them giving maybe some false or inaccurate Intel. As you know some people can be pretty useless at giving 100% accurate information. Maybe add some side missions, for example taking out the guy who killed your brother or something along those lines!

Playing your beta at present and i'm pinned down by a bloody helicopter. It's got me in it's sights.....LOL! Loving it! ;)

I've got an RPG, but do i waste or do i fire it.......the dilemna of the day! :D

Edited by Law-Giver

Brother was killed by UGV. As for side missions we have currently releasing two captives. I can add for civilians such side missions: "Kill enemy garrison group X, then I'll tell you, what I know". But such mission must not require returning to the same unit again, as civilian may be removed meanwhile, so nothing like "bring me object X".

Inaccurate intel - hmm. For circles this may work, although chance for circle info is very small and it would be not good to speckle map with false circles not indistinguishable from the good one. As for the rest - the only really misleading false info possible would be marking "green" chapel as red. But IMO this would be too much of misleading. And also will be possible rarely. Currently there is only chance, so civilian has nothing useful to say in fact. But now I'm figured out third possible kind of intel, exclusively for civilians: they could give rough direction, where to go (eg - somewhere on the north). In this case I could easily introduce pointing also false directions from time to time instead of part of "nothing useful to say" cases. Perhaps this should be most probable kind of intel for civilians in fact.

Brother was killed by UGV.

Guess i can't kill that then...lol!

But now I'm figured out third possible kind of intel, exclusively for civilians: they could give rough direction, where to go (eg - somewhere on the north). In this case I could easily introduce pointing also false directions from time to time instead of part of "nothing useful to say" cases. Perhaps this should be most probable kind of intel for civilians in fact.

I like the sound of that! Anything that adds another twist to the mission is good for me. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Rydygier, i'm currently in Sofia and found some Intel from a laptop marking churches i don't need to search. I'm now scavenging loot and when spotting civilians for Intel i'm not getting the menu where i'm able to chat to them with regards to your brother. I've approached about 6 individuals and not one gave me the option. Worked fine early on in the game. Is it because i found the laptop Intel? :confused:

I'm running 1.74 beta loaded from a saved game and running these mods:

@Beanie_SP;@CBA_A3;@JSRS2.1;@TPW_Mods_SP;@Refined_Vehicles;@BlastcoreA3;@ASDG_Attachments;@ASDG_JR;@Safety;@STHud;@Baked_AIS_SP;@ASR_AI3;@LKR_Ammo

You can ask only civilians with blue icons over them (average 10%). You have to be closer, than 6 meters, civilian must be alive, and there must be safe - you don't know any enemy nor enemy knows about you.

You can ask only civilians with blue icons over them (average 10%). You have to be closer, than 6 meters, civilian must be alive, and there must be safe - you don't know any enemy nor enemy knows about you.

They were civvies with blue icons over them and i was stood right next to them! Sorry should have mentioned that earlier. :confused:

Hmm, once again, I cannot get towards the 10 FPS mark when I use 1.73 plus bCombat. All options default, ambient combat Low, no phone calls, Artillery On. So sad :(. Also, had no sound. Save and Reload does not help.

If I exchange bcombat with asr_ai3 and turn EBS in the TPW mod on, FPS are fine, also sound is present. Seems like the sound issue is something about ressosurces...

Hello,

F1 player and his/her side kick, F2, have the same voice. Could you kindly, in the next upgrade, make their voices different?

They were civvies with blue icons over them and i was stood right next to them! Sorry should have mentioned that earlier.

And how about these two conditions regarding to known enemy/enemy knowing the player? The latter is hard to determine if enemy is too far to engage, still knows about the player. I think, in the next version I'll leave only condition: player shouldn't know any enemy. If enemy is engaging, then player will know about him anyway, otherwise there isn't a combat really. Same for other places with such condition except healing at fireplace.

F1 player and his/her side kick, F2, have the same voice. Could you kindly, in the next upgrade, make their voices different?

Should be doable.

Also, had no sound.

Yes that expected in this circumstancies - scripts are completely stuck due to massive overload (with fsms, not sqfs I suppose, if fps are dropping), so initial enabling sound is delayed, who knows, how much. Something must be wrong with bCombat if is doing such things. Nothing, I can do, I'm affraid. You can only check, if changing settings will help, eg disabling ambient combat and/or choppers...

Edited by Rydygier

Hello,

I can't find this in the thread, but I know it's there somewhere. Is there better intel at the heavily defended airbases? I just took my first one down (1.72) and I think only one person escaped. I found intel on one or two people, but didn't get anything special out of it. I don't mind, but I was thinking there was something more to find.

Captured the helicopter though ... can't work the weapons worth a crap, but it makes a nice trophy. :-)

-Doc

At each four heavy guarded areas there is single officer unit (with black beret). Better intel means guaranteed green circle and more of random enemy presence areas.

Edited by Rydygier

At each four heavy guarded areas there is single officer unit (with black beret). Better intel means guaranteed green circle and more of random enemy presence areas.

Ah, the blue circles ... I remember reading about those at some point.

I have not found an officer ... could it be the single person who got away? I go search for him again in and around the airbase. There is a disabled tank with the crew still inside of it (just don't walk in front of it!) but I doubt he's in there.

-Doc

Officer is usually placed inside one of the near buildings. Should stay there, but frankly hard to say, what he will do during combat.

Officer is usually placed inside one of the near buildings. Should stay there, but frankly hard to say, what he will do during combat.

I thought about that too, but there was only one building on this particular airfield. Empty, and the doors were closed. I'll go snooping around again ... I'm not very far from it yet.

- Doc

Code looks for buildings in 300 meters radius around central point (for airfields - where chopper is landing).

Mission upgraded to 1.74. Changelog:

- initial settings are now permanently saved in player's profile and will be restored automatically each restart;

- when init settings GUI is visible, player can restore default values by pressing ESC button;

- names and surnames of all possible subordinates are randomized from custom lists. All names are covered by sound recordings, so player will hear names, not numbers, when issuing orders.

- several randomized shouts at team mate KIA with appriopriate names;

- if ambient combat is enabled, opfor minefields are dangerous for independent units;

- additional code to allow a bit more groups for highest AI density settings without violating the group limit;

- new kind of intel exclusively for civilians: rough azimuth/direction pointing. Small chance for false azimuth (civilian presence not included - may be added by an addon);

- sometimes civilian may offer better intel in exchange for assassination of pointed enemy group leader. Bonus payment possible depending on kill quality (distance, headshot, surprise...);

- voice set for player shouldn't be used by possible subordinates;

- minor tweaks and fixes.

Assassination side missions are rarely offered by civilians (if you play with a mod, that adds civilians). Such mission is an opportunity to master own sniping skills, if player want to maximize payment quota. Payment is calculated basing on distance in meters between player and the prey, and my be multiplied if target was eliminated by headshot and/or by surprise. Any kill performed by player give intel. If pointed unit will die not by player's hand, offer is cancelled. Target will be marked in 3D. Mark is visible from far (1500 meters), but on big distancies is very small and half-transparent. Enough to confirm, so this is the target, when observed, but shouldn't make finding the target too easy.

Edited by Rydygier

Mission upgraded to 1.74. Changelog:

- initial settings are now permanently saved in player's profile and will be restored automatically each restart;

- when init settings GUI is visible, player can restore default values by pressing ESC button;

- names and surnames of all possible subordinates are randomized from custom lists. All names are covered by sound recordings, so player will hear names, not numbers, when issuing orders.

- several randomized shouts at team mate KIA with appriopriate names;

- if ambient combat is enabled, opfor minefields are dangerous for independent units;

- additional code to allow a bit more groups for highest AI density settings without violating the group limit;

- new kind of intel exclusively for civilians: rough azimuth/direction pointing. Small chance for false azimuth (civilian presence not included - may be added by an addon);

- sometimes civilian may offer better intel in exchange for assassination of pointed enemy group leader. Bonus payment possible depending on kill quality (distance, headshot, surprise...);

- voice set for player shouldn't be used by possible subordinates;

- minor tweaks and fixes.

Assassination side missions are rarely offered by civilians (if you play with a mod, that adds civilians). Such mission is an opportunity to master own sniping skills, if player want to maximize payment quota. Payment is calculated basing on distance in meters between player and the prey, and my be multiplied if target was eliminated by headshot and/or by surprise. Any kill performed by player give intel. If pointed unit will die not by player's hand, offer is cancelled. Target will be marked in 3D. Mark is visible from far (1500 meters), but on big distancies is very small and half-transparent. Enough to confirm, so this is the target, when observed, but shouldn't make finding the target too easy.

Just got home from shopping and what a nice surprise, will be playing that right away. Thx Rydygier! ;)